PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mack: TINFOILHATTERY

stillers4me
11-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Wednesday, November 24, 2010

TINFOILHATTERY (http://www.thechrismack.com/2010/11/tinfoilhattery.html)

One of the reasons I took Spanish in high school & college was the ease of learning it. Something about a language where you can simply add '-ito' or '-ita' to the end of a word to effectively put "small & cute" before a noun appeals to my laziness.

Some would argue that nothing in the English language was built for ease of use. Luckily, we've made our own modifications to it over the years, and I'd like to thank Twitter follower Dan in Maryland for helping me with the latest tweak.

By simply adding '-ery' to the noun, you make it a verb. I did it last Tuesday with my column on Jeff Reed & Henrik Lundqvist titled "Douchebaggery."

Dan did it when replying to a Tweet I'd sent Peter King when Peter said "Steeler fans need to get a life" in response to their conspiracy theories revolving around Roger Goodell's laser-like focus on the Steelers. Dan called it "tinfoilhattery," and it seems to be just that.

After the fining of Oakland's Richard Seymour just $25,000 following his punching of Ben Roethlisberger, the tin foil hats are getting smaller and the genuine concern for Goodell's true motives are becoming larger and larger within Steeler Nation...........

http://www.thechrismack.com/2010/11/tinfoilhattery.html

Dino 6 Rings
11-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Don't cry about penalties. Good teams over come and still win. Fck them. They can't beat us with flags. They called a holding call on us in the endzone in the superbowl to give the other team two points and the ball back with plenty of time in the game. And then, called a holding call on us on our first play with 2:30 left from our own 20 put us even further away from the tie/win and we STILL WON OUR SIXTH!

So Shut up and Play.

Snap Necks and Write Checks.

stlrtruck
11-24-2010, 10:32 AM
RogerGoodellery

Now I'll have a better way to explain my day when it's so screwed up I can't explain it.

fansince'76
11-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Dan did it when replying to a Tweet I'd sent Peter King when Peter said "Steeler fans need to get a life" in response to their conspiracy theories revolving around Roger Goodell's laser-like focus on the Steelers. Dan called it "tinfoilhattery," and it seems to be just that.Wonder what that fat asshat King thinks about all the crybaby jerkoffs in every other fanbase with an axe to grind who whine, bitch, piss and moan endlessly about how we "pay off" the refs every time we win a damn game. :coffee:

Don't cry about penalties. Good teams over come and still win. Fck them. They can't beat us with flags. They called a holding call on us in the endzone in the superbowl to give the other team two points and the ball back with plenty of time in the game. And then, called a holding call on us on our first play with 2:30 left from our own 20 put us even further away from the tie/win and we STILL WON OUR SIXTH!

So Shut up and Play.

Snap Necks and Write Checks.

Case in point. I completely agree with this take, yet more Cards "fans" (98% of which jumped on that bandwagon when they beat Carolina in the divisional round) than not think we had the refs in our back pocket for that game, and more than a few of them are still crying about it almost two years later (I don't really think I have to mention Squawks fans here - they've never stopped bitching endlessly about XL). Where is that asshole King telling them to get a life? :noidea: