PDA

View Full Version : Keisel expected to return for Bills game, Antonio Brown, Matt spaeth questionable.

zulater
11-23-2010, 05:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5843117

Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel is expected to play at Buffalo after missing all but a few plays of the last five games with a sore hamstring.

Rookie wide receiver Antonio Brown (swollen knee) will be limited in practice and might not play Sunday. Tight end Matt Spaeth's status is uncertain because of a concussion he sustained Sunday against Oakland.

Safety Will Allen has been cleared to practice after sitting out two games with a concussion. Safety Troy Polamalu might be limited again in practice due to an Achilles' injury, as he was last week, but coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday he is expected to play.

Ramon Foster remains at right guard after being promoted ahead of Trai Essex and Doug Legursky before the 35-3 victory over Oakland.

I hope Brown's ok.

Count Steeler
11-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Damn, Tomlin let Brown play. Now that Allen is cleared, Brown or Sanders goes back to the reserves.

I would love nothing more than to see a Steelers punt return for a touchdown this Sunday in Buffalo.

tube517
11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Too bad for A.Brown. He's a threat in the return game that will be missed.

I know people hate Spaeth but that is another position that is vulnerable in depth.

Finally, I hope Troy gets better for the final stretch.

zulater
11-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Too bad for A.Brown. He's a threat in the return game that will be missed.

I know people hate Spaeth but that is another position that is vulnerable in depth.

Finally, I hope Troy gets better for the final stretch.

Brown hasn't been ruled out, he's limited in practice, but he is practicing, so I think there's a good chance he's playing.

stillers4me
11-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Somewhere, in the zillions of articles and tweets I look at in the effort to keep you fine people up to snuff on all things Steelers 24/7 (:chuckle:). I think I read that ABrown has some knee swelling. Maybe I saw that sometime today on my Droid. I can retweet, but I can't copy and paste from my phione.

HollywoodSteel
11-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Brown hasn't been ruled out, he's limited in practice, but he is practicing, so I think there's a good chance he's playing.

But if Allen dresses for the game, Brown most likely will not. Unless they find someone else to sit in his place... I'm looking at you, ARE.

Psycho Ward 86
11-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Hines + Wallace + Sanders + Brown + Battle

needs to happen imo

salamander
11-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Hines + Wallace + Sanders + Brown + Battle

needs to happen imo

I agree... ARE is past his prime.

Galax Steeler
11-25-2010, 05:50 AM
I say set ARE we don't need him.

SteelTheOne
11-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Battle? Give me a break...

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2010, 10:49 PM

One of our best special teamers? Yes, Battle should get the call instead of ARE who's just sitting there waving fair catches. Heck, I think Battle should be utilized as a receiver. In his time in San Fran, he served under over half a dozen offensive coordinators, which never let him really settle into his receiver spot. He's a capable receiver, and awesome ST pick-up

salamander
11-26-2010, 06:22 AM

Battle is one of our better Special Teamers. After last season's debacle, we can't take STs for granted.