PDA

View Full Version : Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

Pages : [1] 2

BuddhaBus
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I didn't post this in the Other Sports forum because, as much as I love it and as athletic as it can be, I don't consider it a "sport", per se, seeing as the outcomes are predetermined (GASP!:faint:).

I've been into it since the mid-80s. I prefer the indy scene over WWE (haven't really watched it in a couple of years). I was a huge ECW fan before WWE purchased it and proceeded to eff it up beyond all recognition. My current favorite fed is CZW if you're into ultraviolent wrestling (I am NOT kidding, not for the faint of heart). I also enjoy Ring of Honor and a little TNA (not great, but they have some good wrestlers).

Some of my favorite wrestlers are: Ric Flair (The Man), Rob Van Dam, Davey Richards, Necrobutcher, Amazing Red, Taz, Sabu, Terry Funk, The Dudley Boys, "Sick" Nick Mondo, Masato Tanaka, Nick Gage, Drake Younger, Danny Havoc, Abdullah the Butcher, Jon Moxley and Low-Ki.

Try not to :boink: me too much! :tongue1:

Wallace108
06-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I was a huge rasslin' fan from the early 80s up until McMahon bought out WCW. The Monday Night Wars between WCW and the WWF was wrestling at its best. But after McMahon bought WCW, it went downhill fast. I pretty much quit watching about six years ago.

Prok
06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I thought it was good entertainment back in the WCW vs WWF days as well. I'll watch ocasionally these days. I view it as the mans soap opera. lol
But it can be entertaining and funny at times.

BuddhaBus
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
I was a huge rasslin' fan from the early 80s up until McMahon bought out WCW. The Monday Night Wars between WCW and the WWF was wrestling at its best. But after McMahon bought WCW, it went downhill fast. I pretty much quit watching about six years ago.

That's what happens when you are a virtual monopoly. No competition= no need to improve on your product. The Monday Night Wars were awesome though because you never knew what would happen next, who would jump ship to the other side and they always tried to outdo the other. It's too bad McMahon has no real competition yet. Sorry TNA fans. Even though I prefer TNA over WWE, they just can't seem to generate enough interest to re-ignite another REAL head-to-head battle. I think that's why I don't watch WWE at all anymore. McMahon just jams whatever stupid, mindless crap he wants down the fans' throat knowing full well that there is no other real mainstream alternative. I wish TNA would hire Paul Heyman to run the show there. I think he has the most potential to challenge McMahon again. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are NOT the answer in TNA. Hogan is too full of himself to allow other people to have the spotlight and Eric Bischoff hasn't had 1 other good idea since the NWO angle. He kind of fell into a good thing by accident back in WCW with the NWO and hasn't had an original thought that's worked since in my opinion.

BuddhaBus
06-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I thought it was good entertainment back in the WCW vs WWF days as well. I'll watch ocasionally these days. I view it as the mans soap opera. lol
But it can be entertaining and funny at times.

BINGO! Some of the soap opera stuff can get a little tiresome though. I prefer wrestlers that can actually perform in the ring than talk on a microphone and not be able to do jack inside the ropes. When you can get a guy that can do both (examples: Ric Flair, Taz, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin...) then you have something special there.

Wallace108
06-05-2010, 11:49 AM
That's what happens when you are a virtual monopoly. No competition= no need to improve on your product. The Monday Night Wars were awesome though because you never knew what would happen next, who would jump ship to the other side and they always tried to outdo the other. It's too bad McMahon has no real competition yet. Sorry TNA fans. Even though I prefer TNA over WWE, they just can't seem to generate enough interest to re-ignite another REAL head-to-head battle. I think that's why I don't watch WWE at all anymore. McMahon just jams whatever stupid, mindless crap he wants down the fans' throat knowing full well that there is no other real mainstream alternative. I wish TNA would hire Paul Heyman to run the show there. I think he has the most potential to challenge McMahon again. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are NOT the answer in TNA. Hogan is too full of himself to allow other people to have the spotlight and Eric Bischoff hasn't had 1 other good idea since the NWO angle. He kind of fell into a good thing by accident back in WCW with the NWO and hasn't had an original thought that's worked since in my opinion.

I agree with everything you said. The NWO storyline was the best I've ever seen. They couldn't have done a better job with the way they used Sting. But once he finally returned to the ring, they had no clue where to take the story from there and it all fell apart.

BuddhaBus
06-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Speaking of Sting, I can't figure out what the hell they are trying to do with him in TNA now. He just isn't as entertaining to me as a heel, but I'm not even sure that's what he is now.

stlrtruck
06-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm on the Pro-Rasslin' scene. As much as I know it's fake, it's still some good entertainment.

WWE has not impressed me over the last 3 years and TNA has some great talent but they aren't using it. Like you said BuddhaBus, whatever TNA is doing with Sting, they need to figure it out quickly. The other night Sting was talking about true colors being shown so it's going to be interesting to see what happens at their next PPV.

BlastFurnace
06-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I am a big Goldberg fan.

BuddhaBus
06-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm on the Pro-Rasslin' scene. As much as I know it's fake, it's still some good entertainment.

WWE has not impressed me over the last 3 years and TNA has some great talent but they aren't using it. Like you said BuddhaBus, whatever TNA is doing with Sting, they need to figure it out quickly. The other night Sting was talking about true colors being shown so it's going to be interesting to see what happens at their next PPV.

Yeah, I feel like there is a big swerve on the horizon with Hogan and Bischoff turning heel again somehow. I just wish Hogan would quit interjecting himself into every big angle just to stroke his own massive ego. It's just not believable when Hogan gimps his old ass gingerly down to the ring and lays out guys 20-25 years younger and in better shape than him. HE CAN BARELY MOVE FOR CHRISSAKES! I mean am I supposed to believe that a beast like "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan is really going to be terrified of Hulk Hogan threatening to punch him? C'mon man! Time to pass the torch, Hogan.

TNA does have some great talent, but I really think it would take someone like Paul Heyman to maximize them to their fullest potential. I mean he made stars in ECW out of cast-offs from WCW and WWE(F) like Justin Credible (Aldo Montoya), Jerry Lynn (Mr. JL), Rob Van Dam (Robbie V), Shane Douglas and Chris Benoit. He also had a knack for finding unknown gems like Rhino, The Dudleys, Taz, Tommy Dreamer and Sabu. I would love to see what he could do with Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Abyss, Amazing Red and The Motor City Machine Guns.

Prok
06-06-2010, 10:45 AM
The one thing that confuses me is that i've seen Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair on TNA recently and had thought they were under contract to McMahon and WWE. So i was thinking McMahon owns TNA as well? I'm lost there.

I think John Cena is a damn good actor/wrestler. I don't like the role they have Chris Jericho playing much. Edge and Randy Orton can be pretty good at the craft too.

BuddhaBus
06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I am a big Goldberg fan.

I really liked him too as limited as he was. He came out of nowhere (I think with a huge TV upset of Hugh Morris if I'm not mistaken) that shocked everybody. He just DESTROYED guys. The problem was, he got a big head and thought he was the best ever without really doing it for a long time. His matches were really short because of his limitations (I think he had 2 bad knees from his time in the NFL that forced him to retire). He had too much handed to him too fast, but it was hard to deny his monster-like aura. Brock Lesnar kind of had the same problem of getting pushed to the top too quickly, but he could actually go in the ring (and the octagon for that matter!). They didn't hang around long enough to be considered 2 of the greatest of all time because they made so much money and won titles so quickly they didn't feel they had anything else to prove or strive for so they moved on to other things. I think, at least, Lesnar could have gone on to be remembered as 1 of the all-time greats.

Prok
06-06-2010, 10:54 AM
And as far as TNA goes: If they want my viewership to continue I think actual matches for Sting and some of the other guys would help. Admittedly i haven't watched alot, but what i did watch was mostly showman-ship stuff moreso that actual matches for some of the guys. I get the impression they want nothing more than to have these guys not wrestle until ppl will pay the pay-per-view costs at times. And i don't purchase the PPV's.

BuddhaBus
06-06-2010, 11:01 AM
The one thing that confuses me is that i've seen Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair on TNA recently and had thought they were under contract to McMahon and WWE. So i was thinking McMahon owns TNA as well? I'm lost there.

I think John Cena is a damn good actor/wrestler. I don't like the role they have Chris Jericho playing much. Edge and Randy Orton can be pretty good at the craft too.

Not really sure what's going on much in WWE these days except for what I read on wrestling forums. I know WWE has gone to a more PG, family-oriented style recently which turns me off more. I have no problem with Vince doing that if he wants because he wants to attract families now and it's more profitable that way, I guess, but it's just not for me. Everything gets dumbed down to a child's level and is too silly for me. I know it's not real, but I enjoy the action more if it at least seems more realistic and believable and reflects what grown adults would actually do and say in certain situations. I don't want everything that's going to happen telegraphed to me well ahead of time. I want to be surprised and/or shocked. It's more fun that way.

BuddhaBus
06-06-2010, 11:05 AM
And as far as TNA goes: If they want my viewership to continue I think actual matches for Sting and some of the other guys would help. Admittedly i haven't watched alot, but what i did watch was mostly showman-ship stuff moreso that actual matches for some of the guys. I get the impression they want nothing more than to have these guys not wrestle until ppl will pay the pay-per-view costs at times. And i don't purchase the PPV's.

Yeah, I don't purchase the PPVs anymore either. Too much money and usually more of a let down than a Mike Tyson fight. I would rather plunk down $20-$25 and go catch an indy promotion live like ROH or CZW where it's all about the action and much more exciting (even though not always as polished) for half the cost.

Prok
06-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Agreed. Having PPV matches lost it's luster for me years ago.
But i'll still watch monday night raw and thursday night TNA if i make it up that late. Why they don't put it on at an earlier time is beyond me as well.

BuddhaBus
06-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Agreed. Having PPV matches lost it's luster for me years ago.
But i'll still watch monday night raw and thursday night TNA if i make it up that late. Why they don't put it on at an earlier time is beyond me as well.

Gotta get yourself a DVR Prok, m'man! :couch2: I don't watch much of ANYTHING these days while it's being broadcast (except Steeler games, of course!). Too many pesky (and exceedingly stupid) commercials. I love being able to fast forward through all of that crap. Saves a ton of time as well. DVR is the greatest invention of the 21st century! :hail::cheer2:

BlastFurnace
06-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I really liked him too as limited as he was. He came out of nowhere (I think with a huge TV upset of Hugh Morris if I'm not mistaken) that shocked everybody. He just DESTROYED guys. The problem was, he got a big head and thought he was the best ever without really doing it for a long time. His matches were really short because of his limitations (I think he had 2 bad knees from his time in the NFL that forced him to retire). He had too much handed to him too fast, but it was hard to deny his monster-like aura. Brock Lesnar kind of had the same problem of getting pushed to the top too quickly, but he could actually go in the ring (and the octagon for that matter!). They didn't hang around long enough to be considered 2 of the greatest of all time because they made so much money and won titles so quickly they didn't feel they had anything else to prove or strive for so they moved on to other things. I think, at least, Lesnar could have gone on to be remembered as 1 of the all-time greats.

"Monster Type Aura" is a perfect way of describing him. I loved everything about watching him, from his entrance, to the music they played as he approached the ring, and how...like you said...destroyed guys. Watching him pick up 300 to 450lb guys was incredible.

Did you ever hear that story about him and Jericho backstage where he and Jericho got into it?

tube517
06-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Hogan + Bischoff = FAIL. They haven't had anything successful since the NWO. The misuse of Sting (in WCW, after he returned), the fingerpoke of doom and Hogan's ego was the downfall of WCW. They are putting lame stories on TNA too. I'm not watching. WWE is boring now. Too much HHH and Cena. Bleh. I miss ECW circa 94-96.

tube517
06-06-2010, 12:58 PM
I watch the PPVs (if I am interested) online for free.

BuddhaBus
06-06-2010, 01:48 PM
"Monster Type Aura" is a perfect way of describing him. I loved everything about watching him, from his entrance, to the music they played as he approached the ring, and how...like you said...destroyed guys. Watching him pick up 300 to 450lb guys was incredible.

Did you ever hear that story about him and Jericho backstage where he and Jericho got into it?

The best part of the entrance was, after standing in the shower of sparks, he'd blow smoke out of his nose. It just made him look like a raging bull. Sorta like the bull from the Bugs Bunny cartoons, but way scarier.

I don't think I have heard that story, BF. Tell away.

BuddhaBus
06-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Hogan + Bischoff = FAIL. They haven't had anything successful since the NWO. The misuse of Sting (in WCW, after he returned), the fingerpoke of doom and Hogan's ego was the downfall of WCW. They are putting lame stories on TNA too. I'm not watching. WWE is boring now. Too much HHH and Cena. Bleh. I miss ECW circa 94-96.

If you liked ECW from '94-'96, and you have the HDNET channel, you may want to check out Ring of Honor Wrestling. They are a more action/technical based promotion. A bunch of really good wrestlers there like Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Tyler Black, Jerry Lynn, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Kenny Omega, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli and the list goes on. If you're more into the hardcore aspect of wrestling, Combat Zone Wrestling (CZW) is extremely violent with a mix of good wrestling and high-flying action. They are better known for the ultraviolent stuff, though and their non-violent wrestling stuff can be a little hit or miss so just remember, a lot of these guys are just starting out and aren't as polished as what you'd see on TV. They do all the hardcore stuff ECW did plus they use flourescent light tubes, panes of glass, needles, carpet strips, cinder blocks, etc. I warn you, it is not for the weak of stomach. It is the kind of hardcore wrestling Cactus Jack (Mick Foley) was known for in Japan. Some SICK stuff. You can find them on YouTube. Just search "CZW" or names like Nick Gage, Zandig, "Sick" Nick Mondo, Necrobutcher, Danny Havoc, Wifebeater or Thumbtack Jack. They also have a website.

stlrtruck
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I feel like there is a big swerve on the horizon with Hogan and Bischoff turning heel again somehow. I just wish Hogan would quit interjecting himself into every big angle just to stroke his own massive ego. It's just not believable when Hogan gimps his old ass gingerly down to the ring and lays out guys 20-25 years younger and in better shape than him. HE CAN BARELY MOVE FOR CHRISSAKES! I mean am I supposed to believe that a beast like "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan is really going to be terrified of Hulk Hogan threatening to punch him? C'mon man! Time to pass the torch, Hogan.

TNA does have some great talent, but I really think it would take someone like Paul Heyman to maximize them to their fullest potential. I mean he made stars in ECW out of cast-offs from WCW and WWE(F) like Justin Credible (Aldo Montoya), Jerry Lynn (Mr. JL), Rob Van Dam (Robbie V), Shane Douglas and Chris Benoit. He also had a knack for finding unknown gems like Rhino, The Dudleys, Taz, Tommy Dreamer and Sabu. I would love to see what he could do with Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Abyss, Amazing Red and The Motor City Machine Guns.

Yeah Hogan needs to put his ego down to rest. While I think he can help create a new era of wrestling with TNA he needs to step aside from the ring and let his magic work behind the scenes.

I loved ECW back in the day. They had some people there that would work their arses off to make a show work.

The problem with Hogan and Bischoff in relation to the WCW is that at the time they were nose and nose with WWE and then the egos started tripping over one another and just when they were primed for taking over WWE, the wheels came off and that's when WCW ended.

And I'll agree that right now some of the TNA story lines are ridiculous, I think they'll start challenging WWE for ratings before the end of the year. They have the pieces in place it's just a matter of putting aside that ego and letting the talent work the ring. Especially since the WWE hasn't been challenged at all over the past several years. They're asleep at the wheel, and could very easily be caught up to if the master minds behind the story lines can put things in place quick enough.

Prok
06-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah Hogan needs to put his ego down to rest. While I think he can help create a new era of wrestling with TNA he needs to step aside from the ring and let his magic work behind the scenes.

I loved ECW back in the day. They had some people there that would work their arses off to make a show work.

The problem with Hogan and Bischoff in relation to the WCW is that at the time they were nose and nose with WWE and then the egos started tripping over one another and just when they were primed for taking over WWE, the wheels came off and that's when WCW ended.

And I'll agree that right now some of the TNA story lines are ridiculous, I think they'll start challenging WWE for ratings before the end of the year. They have the pieces in place it's just a matter of putting aside that ego and letting the talent work the ring. Especially since the WWE hasn't been challenged at all over the past several years. They're asleep at the wheel, and could very easily be caught up to if the master minds behind the story lines can put things in place quick enough.

Very well put. If they (TNA) can just give us some better story lines it would make it worth my while to stay up later on Thursday night and watch it. I love some of the athletics the youngsters have too. Like you said, Hogan (and Flair too IMO) need to put their ego's aside a bit and help the youngsters develop their characters better.

I don't think anyone answered yet: I thought Flair and Hogan were under contract with WWE? Does that mean that WWE may be affiliated with TNA?

tube517
06-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Flair and Hogan signed w/TNA and debuted this past January. I only watched one or two since they signed and to be honest, both are old farts and need to retire. Flair was a master in his day and Hogan was the mainstream superstar Vince McMahon made. These guys were fine in the 90's but now, you just shake your head. Sorry, but they need to go.

As far as ROH goes, I saw it once and it was good but I'm not that interested in wrestling as I was in the 70's-90's. I'll flip over to Raw or TNA when I'm really bored but just don't have the urge like I used to.

Very well put. If they (TNA) can just give us some better story lines it would make it worth my while to stay up later on Thursday night and watch it. I love some of the athletics the youngsters have too. Like you said, Hogan (and Flair too IMO) need to put their ego's aside a bit and help the youngsters develop their characters better.

I don't think anyone answered yet: I thought Flair and Hogan were under contract with WWE? Does that mean that WWE may be affiliated with TNA?

BuddhaBus
06-07-2010, 05:18 AM
Yeah, Hogan and Flair are no longer under contract to WWE. I believe Flair is doing his part to help the young guys. He's mentoring AJ Styles and, now, Kazarian and is associated with Desmond Wolfe (great talent currently being wasted imho) and Beer Money Inc. Flair is also currently putting over Jay Lethal in their feud. Hogan has hitched his wagon to Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy who are 2 big stars that are already over and Abyss, who I think Hogan is making out to be a joke. Abyss needs to be a MONSTER, not some slobbering Hogan :kissass:. Abyss should be a Kane or Cactus Jack type character.

Speaking of Jay Lethal, has anyone seen his impression of Ric Flair? That is some of the funniest stuff I've seen in wrestling in about 10 years! :rofl2: His impression of Randy Savage is incredible as well. This guy is spot on with the impressions and I hope they continue to let him do more, though it seems they are pushing him more as a serious wrestler now. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Aussie_steeler
06-07-2010, 06:41 AM
BINGO! Some of the soap opera stuff can get a little tiresome though. I prefer wrestlers that can actually perform in the ring than talk on a microphone and not be able to do jack inside the ropes. When you can get a guy that can do both (examples: Ric Flair, Taz, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin...) then you have something special there.

Stone cold had 3 moves in his prime.

#1 - The two handed beer chug
#2 - The two handed bird
#3 - The stone cold stunner ( that guys had to jump up and into for him)

Grossly over rated wrestler who survived purely on his ring persona.

I really enjoyed the WCW days of the luchadores and cruiserweights. Ultimo Dragon, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Billy Kidman ( 96 -98)
Loads of fast paced polished wrestling with very little microphone work. Gotta admit that the NWO days were priceless.

Cant stand todays wrestling that is designed for todays youtube / ipod generation. Too much talk, too many gimmicks and the need for too many swerves.

Good to see most people posting here have watched the glory days of wrestling. I dont think it will ever be as good again

BuddhaBus
06-07-2010, 03:55 PM

#2 - The two handed bird

I really enjoyed the WCW days of the luchadores and cruiserweights. Ultimo Dragon, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Billy Kidman ( 96 -98)
Loads of fast paced polished wrestling with very little microphone work. Gotta admit that the NWO days were priceless.

Cant stand todays wrestling that is designed for todays youtube / ipod generation. Too much talk, too many gimmicks and the need for too many swerves.

Good to see most people posting here have watched the glory days of wrestling. I dont think it will ever be as good again

Stone Cold was a good wrestler(maybe not great), but injuries later in his career to his knees and, especially, his neck, limited him a little. He and Brian Pillman were a great tag team back in WCW as The Hollywood Blondes and his early work in WWE(F) was solid. He could make a match believable.

I was/am a HUGE fan of the luchadores and cruiserweights. Loved all of the guys you just mentioned. Don't forget Eddie Guerrero, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Rey Mysterio Jr. and Chris Jericho.

I believe everything runs in cycles, and wrestling will rise from the ashes again at some point. It will take some interesting new characters/wrestlers and some valid competition for WWE to get there though.

Prok
06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm assuming our only chance at a competition for WWE standpoint lays with TNA and what they can do to get more/better TV time?

Unfortunately, i think McMahon ultimately finds a way to strike them down as he has done so many others.

But man, it sure would be nice for them to get a better time-slot and better affiliation than Spike TV IMO.

BuddhaBus
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm assuming our only chance at a competition for WWE standpoint lays with TNA and what they can do to get more/better TV time?

Unfortunately, i think McMahon ultimately finds a way to strike them down as he has done so many others.

But man, it sure would be nice for them to get a better time-slot and better affiliation than Spike TV IMO.

Agreed. I'm not sure Ring of Honor can really push them anytime soon, so TNA is probably the only viable option.

TNA is going to have to ditch Hogan and Bischoff and get someone better to run the show like a Heyman or Jim Cornette to have a chance imho. They also need to trim some fat off the roster as well. Syxx-pac, Orlando Jordan, Rob Terry, Lacey Von Erich, Jimmy Hart, Tomko, Brutus Magnus and, ESPECIALLY, Scott Hall (waste of oxygen) have got to go. They also need to repackage guys like Brian Kendrick (very talented, but non-existent), Amazing Red (needs to be TNA's answer to Rey Mysterio), Desmond Wolfe (they are missing the boat on this guy), Homicide (bring back LAX), Kazarian (NEW, new Nature Boy?) and Sting (turn him face again). Kevin Nash and Jeff Jarrett may be better as backstage or front office help. Their better days are behind them now.

tube517
06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
While that was true of his later years, his match w/Bret Hart (I Quit match) was a classic and one of the most famous double turns in wrestling history. Austin was one of the main guys in the late 90's that brought WWE back to prominence. He was a very good wrestler in WCW w/Pillman and The Dangerous Alliance. As was said earlier, injuries hampered him into a one dimensional wrestler and into retirement.

#2 - The two handed bird

BuddhaBus
06-07-2010, 05:15 PM
While that was true of his later years, his match w/Bret Hart (I Quit match) was a classic and one of the most famous double turns in wrestling history. Austin was one of the main guys in the late 90's that brought WWE back to prominence. He was a very good wrestler in WCW w/Pillman and The Dangerous Alliance. As was said earlier, injuries hampered him into a one dimensional wrestler and into retirement.
:yup: :amen: :thumbsup: :applaudit:

The WH
06-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Steve Austin was a terriffic worker. If you don't think that, you're wrong.

BTW, the WWE had one of it's best segments in years at the end of Raw last night.

touchdownward
06-08-2010, 07:07 AM

BTW, the WWE had one of it's best segments in years at the end of Raw last night.
I agree. That was like something that Paul Heyman would have done in ECW.

stlrtruck
06-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Stone Cold was a good wrestler(maybe not great), but injuries later in his career to his knees and, especially, his neck, limited him a little. He and Brian Pillman were a great tag team back in WCW as The Hollywood Blondes and his early work in WWE(F) was solid. He could make a match believable.

I was/am a HUGE fan of the luchadores and cruiserweights. Loved all of the guys you just mentioned. Don't forget Eddie Guerrero, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Rey Mysterio Jr. and Chris Jericho.

I believe everything runs in cycles, and wrestling will rise from the ashes again at some point. It will take some interesting new characters/wrestlers and some valid competition for WWE to get there though.

Austin knew how to work the ring and work it well. If his opponent didn't hit him hard enough, he didn't flail across the ring like he did. He responded accordingly. That made his matches worthwhile. He also played up the crowd, as good as anyone.

And as much as Vince made Hogan, Hogan made the WWE what it became. Let's face it, Hogan was the face of wrestling for years and he only changed places with Flair. What one of these companies is missing is a 4-Horsemen type group to run rampid throughout the company causing chaos. The 4-Horsemen were a classic group of men that didn't play favorites and would do what they needed to do to win and keep titles in the group. And I'm sorry but "THE BAND" isn't that group, but it does look like Flair is putting together a good group with AJ Styles, Wolfe, Kaza (whoever), and Beer Money.

The WH
06-08-2010, 08:57 AM
What one of these companies is missing is a 4-Horsemen type group to run rampid throughout the company causing chaos. The 4-Horsemen were a classic group of men that didn't play favorites and would do what they needed to do to win and keep titles in the group. And I'm sorry but "THE BAND" isn't that group, but it does look like Flair is putting together a good group with AJ Styles, Wolfe, Kaza (whoever), and Beer Money.
How about 8 horseman? 8 rookie horseman?

Prok
06-08-2010, 10:11 AM
OK, so i decided to watch Raw last night. Can anyone here give me the low-down on what happened to the Undertaker ?
And WTF was the ending all about? i went for a snack and came back to see Cena getting jumped by a bunch of ppl i don't know ?

Any help appreciated.

The WH
06-08-2010, 12:57 PM
The Undertaker came back to be in the upcoming pay per view, and had a match with Rey, who was going to take a vacation for a few months. Rey ended up crushing the Undertakers Orbital Bone (eye socket bone) (the same one mabel broke about 13 years ago that caused him to have to wear a mask). Since he was already slated to be in the PPV they needed an out. So they just pretended that he was found in a vegatative state.

The guys you saw attacking Cena were the NXT rookies (nXT is WWE's replacement program for ECW until Smackdown moves to the Sci-Fi channel). Think of then like the nxt.W.o HOPEFULLY.

Prok
06-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey thanks WH. i had missed recent episodes and was wondering what had happened. Thanks for the heads up on smackdown moving to sci-fi. When does this take place ?

Request for mods: Can we please move this thread back to BS as i don't like to forum jump alot?? If not, no biggie.

The WH
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up on smackdown moving to sci-fi. When does this take place ?

i don't know.

kmsteelerwr15
06-09-2010, 01:05 AM

Yeah that ending was awesome and it is really the first time I've been really intrigued in a long time. Now I really can't wait to be at Raw next week

KeiselPower99
06-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Agreed. I'm not sure Ring of Honor can really push them anytime soon, so TNA is probably the only viable option.

TNA is going to have to ditch Hogan and Bischoff and get someone better to run the show like a Heyman or Jim Cornette to have a chance imho. They also need to trim some fat off the roster as well. Syxx-pac, Orlando Jordan, Rob Terry, Lacey Von Erich, Jimmy Hart, Tomko, Brutus Magnus and, ESPECIALLY, Scott Hall (waste of oxygen) have got to go. They also need to repackage guys like Brian Kendrick (very talented, but non-existent), Amazing Red (needs to be TNA's answer to Rey Mysterio), Desmond Wolfe (they are missing the boat on this guy), Homicide (bring back LAX), Kazarian (NEW, new Nature Boy?) and Sting (turn him face again). Kevin Nash and Jeff Jarrett may be better as backstage or front office help. Their better days are behind them now.

I agree all the way that TNA needs to trim the roster and have someone other then Hogan/Bischoff in charge. They have the talent but cant seem to get things going the right way. Its like a rudderless ship.

Wallace108
06-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I agree all the way that TNA needs to trim the roster and have someone other then Hogan/Bischoff in charge. They have the talent but cant seem to get things going the right way. Its like a rudderless ship.

That sounds an awful lot like WCW in its final days. Hmmmm ...

KeiselPower99
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
That sounds an awful lot like WCW in its final days. Hmmmm ...

Yes it does.

Wallace108
06-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I really want to start watching wrestling again, but there's nothing drawing me in. For me, it peaked during the Monday Night Wars and ECW. Hopefully, one day something will grab my attention and I'll get sucked back in.

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 09:26 AM
The 4-Horsemen were a classic group of men that didn't play favorites and would do what they needed to do to win and keep titles in the group. And I'm sorry but "THE BAND" isn't that group, but it does look like Flair is putting together a good group with AJ Styles, Wolfe, Kaza (whoever), and Beer Money.

The Four Horsemen era was one of my favorites in wrestling history. The classic line-up of Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson and Ole Anderson was my fave. I also liked it a lot when Barry Windham was a member. There will probably never be another stable of wrestlers that will match what they did for wrestling in my opinion.

You're right, The Band blows chunks and I wish they would just go away. Syxx-pac and Scott Hall are just wastes of oxygen and roster spots. Nash seems like he has an interest in pushing and putting over the young guys though and could be used in that capacity, but I've never been a fan of his in ring work.

I do like the new group Flair is putting together, but I really hope they won't pin the Horsemen name on them. That name needs to be retired for good. It was a travesty when Paul Roma was a member. I really like Desmond Wolfe and Beer Money is a decent team. I think AJ isn't quite fitting the Nature Boy mold though he is an excellent wrestler. He just seems more like a face to me. Kazarian... eh. He is a good wrestler, But I just can't get into him. Maybe Flair can change that.

Wallace108
06-11-2010, 09:35 AM
I do like the new group Flair is putting together, but I really hope they won't pin the Horsemen name on them. That name needs to be retired for good. It was a travesty when Paul Roma was a member. I really like Desmond Wolfe and Beer Money is a decent team. I think AJ isn't quite fitting the Nature Boy mold though he is an excellent wrestler. He just seems more like a face to me. Kazarian... eh. He is a good wrestler, But I just can't get into him. Maybe Flair can change that.

Don't forget Steve McMichael ... having him in the Horsemen was an absolute joke.

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Don't forget Steve McMichael ... having him in the Horsemen was an absolute joke.
:doh2: HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET THAT ASSHAT!?! :horror: That WAS worse than Paul Roma! Mongo was short for mongoloid I believe. I think part of my brain wanted to forget he ever soiled the great Horsemen legacy. :no:

Wallace108
06-11-2010, 09:52 AM
:doh2: HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET THAT ASSHAT!?! :horror: That WAS worse than Paul Roma! Mongo was short for mongoloid I believe. I think part of my brain wanted to forget he ever soiled the great Horsemen legacy. :no:

My memory isn't what it used to be, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kevin Greene kind of an unofficial member for a while? Or was he just teamed of with Mongo?

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 10:12 AM
They teamed together and Mongo turned on Greene and joined the Horsemen. I had to actually look it up on Wikipedia myself, but I thought Greene only did a one-time celebrity match. Greene was pretty funny to watch if I remember correctly because he was just so pumped up and into it.

stlrtruck
06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Speaking of the 4-Horsemen era, how about THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS with Michael P.S. Hayes!!

Classics, my friends, flat out classics. I agree, I don't think there will ever be another era such as those. It would take a lot to get them to that level. I thought there for awhile, WWE and Vince were trying to re-establish the Fabulous Freebirds, but never got it off the ground.

Michael's strut was awesome, much better than Flair's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkKtfUEzow&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU16g7r3jEs&feature=related

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Speaking of the 4-Horsemen era, how about THE FABULOUS THUNDERBIRDS with Michael P.S. Hayes!!

Classics, my friends, flat out classics. I agree, I don't think there will ever be another era such as those. It would take a lot to get them to that level. I thought there for awhile, WWE and Vince were trying to re-establish the Fabulous Thunderbirds, but never got it off the ground.

Michael's strut was awesome, much better than Flair's!

That would be the Fabulous FREEbirds, truck. You're thinking of the band that did the song "Tough Enough". Yes, they were an awesome group as well. Hayes, Buddy "Jack" Roberts and Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy were the originals. "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin was in a later incarnation with Hayes and they were managed by "Diamond" Dallas Page before he started wrestling himself. They were awesome back in the days of World Class Championshiip Wrestling from the Dallas,Tx area. Their feud with the Von Erich family was one of the greatest of all-time.

Wallace108
06-11-2010, 10:49 AM
They teamed together and Mongo turned on Greene and joined the Horsemen. I had to actually look it up on Wikipedia myself, but I thought Greene only did a one-time celebrity match. Greene was pretty funny to watch if I remember correctly because he was just so pumped up and into it.

Ahh, that's right!! I looked at Wiki after your post and I'm amazed at how much Horsemen history I've forgotten.

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Ahh, that's right!! I looked at Wiki after your post and I'm amazed at how much Horsemen history I've forgotten.

There were a lot of years and members to remember. It's nice to chat with some people who know about this stuff. I've been a wrestling dork for a long time. I've probably forgotten more than I realize.

Wallace108
06-11-2010, 11:21 AM
It's nice to chat with some people who know about this stuff. I've been a wrestling dork for a long time.

I used to love talking about wrestling when I still followed it. Back around 1999 or 2000, I asked the head of our features department at the paper I work for if I could write a weekly wrestling column. He said no because wrestling was fake and no one cares about it. I pointed out that 95 percent of the entertainment we cover (movies and TV) is fake, and that WCW and WWF consistently finished No. 1 and No. 2 in the cable nielsen ratings. He still said no. :noidea:

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 11:30 AM
I used to love talking about wrestling when I still followed it. Back around 1999 or 2000, I asked the head of our features department at the paper I work for if I could write a weekly wrestling column. He said no because wrestling was fake and no one cares about it. I pointed out that 95 percent of the entertainment we cover (movies and TV) is fake, and that WCW and WWF consistently finished No. 1 and No. 2 in the cable nielsen ratings. He still said no. :noidea:

Sounds like a hater to me. :upyours: Of course it's fake, idiot! Only slack-jawed hillbillies, little kids and water head retards think it's real. IT'S FUN TO WATCH! :brick:

The WH
06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Water head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiIBvTNyKIGXiI

Botchamania (there are over 100 Botchamania's they are completely hilarious for anyone who liked or likes wrasslin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsvR2C2L70

The WH
06-11-2010, 11:51 AM
The 4 horsemen need to stay dead. It was abused by WCW and i don't see it as anything more than a bullshit ratings grab attempt now.

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Water head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiIBvTNyKIGXiI

I think this guy qualifies as a water head slack-jawed hillbilly! Too bad he didn't hit the trifecta. :lol:

Botchamania (there are over 100 Botchamania's they are completely hilarious for anyone who liked or likes wrasslin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsvR2C2L70

Good stuff, but I'm a little disappointed there's no Shockmaster! :pout:

The WH
06-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Good stuff, but I'm a little disappointed there's no Shockmaster! :pout:
Oh, he uses shockmaster a ton, like I said there are 133 Botchamania's. His best are from about 60-97

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh, he uses shockmaster a ton, like I said there are 133 Botchamania's. His best are from about 60-97

Speaking of funny wrestling videos, have you ever seen Insane Clown Posse's "Stranglemania" or "Stranglemania 2"? It's ICP doing commentary over Japanese wrestling matches and making up ridiculous names for the wrestlers and moves. It is hysterical! :rofl2: They have Cactus Jack and Terry Funk in them from their time in Japanese death matches. Regardless if you like ICP or not, It is some funny shit! The only bummer is these videos are only on VHS last time I checked. I'm hoping, eventually, they will be released on DVD and/or Blu-Ray.

The WH
06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Nope, never seen it. I'll search for it on the webbies. Check out Steinermania, too.

The WH
06-12-2010, 02:20 PM
The WWPG just released Daniel Bryan for making the NXT invasion angle look ''too real''

BuddhaBus
06-13-2010, 08:13 AM
The WWPG just released Daniel Bryan for making the NXT invasion angle look ''too real''

:wtf: Are you serious? God knows we wouldn't want it to look real.:sarcasm2: Do we need anymore proof that VKM just doesn't get it anymore?

I hope Bryan Danielson returns to Ring of Honor or jumps to TNA. WWE really effed up bad here. Danielson is one of the most gifted technical wrestlers in the world right now and he's good on the mic. Somebody is going to make him a star.

BuddhaBus
06-14-2010, 05:28 PM
For anybody who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHbQe7QJjNQ

tube517
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
That whole Mongo/Greene Horsemen heel turn was a joke.

Of course, Debra was born and out came the Puppies! :lust:

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 10:38 PM
That whole Mongo/Greene Horsemen heel turn was a joke.

Of course, Debra was born and out came the Puppies! :lust:

I forgot about the puppies. I really am getting senile!! :der:

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 10:42 PM
This photo shocked me when I saw it ... Randy Savage at his wedding:

http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2010/05/randy_savage_wedding_01_0006_Layer_2_full.jpg

BuddhaBus
06-15-2010, 04:18 AM
I saw those wedding pics too, Wallace. I think Savage looks pretty good actually. The gray hair is weird though.

The WH
06-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Grey?

BuddhaBus
06-15-2010, 05:03 AM
No, gray.

The WH
06-15-2010, 08:40 AM
gray?

Prok
06-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Wonder how much it cost ole' Vincey to repair those limo's last night?

Gotta admit i chuckled a bit.

kmsteelerwr15
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
My dad works at Time Warner Cable Arena and he told me that someone actually called the cops reporting these "accidents" :lol:

BuddhaBus
06-16-2010, 06:47 AM
My dad works at Time Warner Cable Arena and he told me that someone actually called the cops reporting these "accidents" :lol:

Probably this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

Prok
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Probably this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

LOL

That vid never gets old. Poor guy. I do admire his loyalty though.

BuddhaBus
06-16-2010, 05:15 PM
LOL

That vid never gets old. Poor guy. I do admire his insanity though.

Fixed it for ya! :wink02:

The WH
06-22-2010, 05:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA4aZNGv-k0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhkgH0tVyXc

stlrtruck
06-25-2010, 01:43 PM
TNA is starting to heat up (from what I saw last night). They just really need to put The Band, Hogan, Flair, and Bischoff off the front lines and let these younger guys take over the show.

The WWE is also picking up their matches too. It'll be interesting to see how they finish out the summer and fall as the WWE gets ready for their next wrestlemania.

The WH
06-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Agreed stlrtruck,
TNA has been entertaining as hell. The Jay Lethal / Ric Flair segments in TNA was one of the most hilarious segments i've heard in years. Some of their wrestling talent is pretty damn good too. It's ok that they keep the older guys, as long as it's not in a wrestling capacity. Pushes from Flair and Hogan are good things, as long as they aren't wrestling.

WWE, however, is doing good things too. The NXT rookie invasion angle is great. The worst thing about it is that they are working with John ''doesn't sell anything because he's superman'' Cena. It makes me sick. The Bryan Daniels stuff was bullshit, but if the East Coast fans are as big of fans that they are, they won't stop chanting Daniel Bryan and hopefully he'll get pulled back in.

I read a while back that The Rock was going to return to the WWE in a non wrestling capacity for the summer. His rumored return date was June 28th ( I read this in March). Those of you that watched Raw this past week know they are getting a new mystery GM this monday (the 28th) please, oh please, let rumors be true.

BuddhaBus
06-25-2010, 05:30 PM
The Jay Lethal/Ric Flair fued is incredibly entertaining. The "Flair-off" between the two was pure comedic genius. I was rolling during that segment. TNA is getting better, but as stated previously, the old dogs need to move aside.

BuddhaBus
06-28-2010, 05:07 PM
To anyone who cares, the results of CZW's Tournament Of Death 9:

Round 1:
1.) JC Bailey defeats Danny Havoc in a Lighttube Bundles and Structures Match.
2.) Abdullah Kobayashi defeats Nick Gage in a Weapons of Mass Destruction Match.
3.) Scotty Vortekz defeats Dysfunction in a Thumbtack Kickpads and Panes of Glass Match.
4.) Masada defeats Devon Moore in a Fans Bring the Weapons Match.

In a non-tournament match, Sami Callihan and Joe Gacy (The Switchblade Conspiracy) defeat DJ Hyde and Greg Excellent (Vicious and Delicious) in a Fans Bring the Weapons and Falls Count Anywhere Match.

Round 2 (Semi-Finals):
1.) JC Bailey defeats Abdullah Kobayashi in a Log Cabin Lighttubes Match.
2.) Scotty Vortekz defeats Masada in a Barbed Wire Boards Match.

In a non-tournament match, Brain Damage defeats Drake Younger in a Taipei Death Match.

Round 3 (Finals):
Scotty Vortekz defeats JC Bailey in a Tables, Ladders, Lighttubes and Anything Else Left In the Back Match to become TOD 9 champion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5kABB4uGh0

BuddhaBus
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Thank God TNA is FINALLY turning Abyss back into a monster heel! This is sorely needed.

stlrtruck
07-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Thank God TNA is FINALLY turning Abyss back into a monster heel! This is sorely needed.

:iagree:

It's hard to believe that they had to take that angle with him to get him there, but he was a pansy before Hogan's arrival.

I'd like to know what the script is for sting? It's confusing, just when you think they are going to break him out, they take another swerve.

BuddhaBus
07-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Agreed. He was a pansy. Why make him into a mildly retarded comedy routine when he is so much cooler as a beast?

I'd also like to know where they are headed with Sting. I think they are going to turn him face soon. There is something BIG brewing with Sting making cryptic comments, Abyss talking about "they are coming and they are taking over" and the appearance of former ECW guys (Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Stevie Richards and Rhino). I think another ECW invasion angle is on the way. I just hope to hell Paul Heyman is involved or they will probably screw it up. I noticed last week Abyss pointed at Taz. Another former ECW legend. I hope this means we may see him return to the ring again. Taz was a badass back in the day, but I fear he may not be able to go like he used to. Hopefully, they will bring in Sabu, Sandman and Justin Credible and have the Dudleys (Team 3D) and RVD join with them as well

stlrtruck
07-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Agreed. He was a pansy. Why make him into a mildly retarded comedy routine when he is so much cooler as a beast?

I'd also like to know where they are headed with Sting. I think they are going to turn him face soon. There is something BIG brewing with Sting making cryptic comments, Abyss talking about "they are coming and they are taking over" and the appearance of former ECW guys (Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Stevie Richards and Rhino). I think another ECW invasion angle is on the way. I just hope to hell Paul Heyman is involved or they will probably screw it up. I noticed last week Abyss pointed at Taz. Another former ECW legend. I hope this means we may see him return to the ring again. Taz was a badass back in the day, but I fear he may not be able to go like he used to. Hopefully, they will bring in Sabu, Sandman and Justin Credible and have the Dudleys (Team 3D) and RVD join with them as well

I don't think you are going to see Taz wrestle again. When he went to WWE, he did something to his back (if I recall correctly) that ended his career. I did like him as a wrestler. He reminded me of Saturn when WCW actually used him as a bad ass.

The WH
07-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Taz can't wrestle because he injured his neck in ECW, ignored it, and put himself near paralysis in the WWE. If he took one bump the wrong way he would end up like Droz

touchdownward
07-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't think you are going to see Taz wrestle again. When he went to WWE, he did something to his back (if I recall correctly) that ended his career. I did like him as a wrestler. He reminded me of Saturn when WCW actually used him as a bad ass.
Speaking of Perry Saturn, didn't he get stabbed to death while helped out a woman who was getting beaten?
Sad story, I loved his and Raven's matches in ECW and WCW.

The WH
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Speaking of Perry Saturn, didn't he get stabbed to death while helped out a woman who was getting beaten?
Sad story, I loved his and Raven's matches in ECW and WCW.
never read that anywhere. he works for a door manufacturer or something.

touchdownward
07-09-2010, 11:13 PM
never read that anywhere. he works for a door manufacturer or something.
He is indeed alive (and has gotten fat). I heard rumors awhile back he had died.

http://wrestlingtruth.com/news/perry-saturn-is-alive-recent-photo/

Aussie_steeler
07-11-2010, 03:07 AM
Saturn Is A Hero - by Aaron Giles

Many men have overcome so much to get back in the ring. Kurt Angle after many injuries. Chris Benoit with a severe neck injury. Triple H's quad snapping. But none had such a hard path to get back into the ring as Perry Saturn.

In 2004 still wrestling after a release from WWF in 2002, Saturn would have to face one of his hardest journeys back to the ring yet. He was driving his girlfriend to work when he saw two men trying to rape a girl. He wasted no time stepping out of his car and coming to the rescue. He fought with the men and saved the girl but it wasn't all good news. Saturn felt a burning sensation in his neck; he had been shot 3 times there.

He now has a steel plate along with three stainless steel screws where his C-5, C-6 and C-7 vertebrae are. Now under these conditions alot of men would call it quits but not Saturn. Against all odds he began training extensively to get back into the ring after his huge injury. How incredible is that? After 3 gun shots in the neck not only is he standing he's ready to get back into the ring and continue what he loves to do. Unfortunately he had to pull out from Hardcore Homecoming because of his injury but no doubt the man is still interested in what he does best apart from saving the day.

I believe this man is a true hero, he risked his life and came out of it with three bullets. He's a hero and he didn't do it for personal gain, he did it because there was someone who needed help and Saturn delivered. I hope this man can step back into the ring one day with his injuries fully behind him because he deserves it after what has happened.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/p/perry-saturn.php

One of my all time favourite WCW wrestlers. If he was 6 inches taller he would have been a wrestling god. He an Chris Canyon were two of the better technicians WCW had. The rings of Saturn and the death valley driver were moves that I can vividly remember

The WH
07-11-2010, 07:48 AM
I would love to see someone put Randy ''shoulders of glass'' Orton in the Rings of Saturn.

BuddhaBus
07-15-2010, 04:38 AM
I loved Perry Saturn. I still believe that he and John Kronus made up one of the best tag teams of all time in the Eliminators. Their match against the Dudleys at ECW's 1st ever PPV, was a great squash of an soon-to-be dominating tag team. I wish they hadn't broken up, but I heard they never really liked each other personally. Could have been one of the best ever.

Here's a random video I found that has nothing to do with Saturn, but is wrestling related.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF5XMsygOm8

BuddhaBus
07-19-2010, 04:58 AM
One of the funniest wrestling blooper/botches of all time. Don't know why it took me so long to post this. ENTER THE SHOCKMASTER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3CL28vgE4U

Does it get any funnier than that? I love Sid Vicious in the background saying "Oh God!" when Shockmaster hit the floor. That alone was funny, but add the bad glittery Stormtrooper helmet flying off, the cheesy "mean voice", goofy robe thing and the overall clusterfuckieness of it all, and you have an instant (unintentional) comedy wrestling classic! The additional Dusty Rhodes commentary afterwards is just icing on the cake!

The WH
07-19-2010, 11:21 AM
The sad thing about the Shockmaster is they thought it would work.....

venom
07-20-2010, 07:37 AM
That is hilarious !!!! Could watch wrestling bloopers all day .

The WH
07-20-2010, 09:26 AM
That is hilarious !!!! Could watch wrestling bloopers all day .
than you sir need to go on youtube and look up ''Botchamania''

venom
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
I just watched a few right now and it was sick . I couldn't stop laughing . Thanks for the info !!!

The WH
07-20-2010, 04:12 PM
no problem.

BuddhaBus
07-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Anybody see the ECW/TNA invasion angle the other night? I thought it came off pretty good and made the ECW guys look legit. Hopefully that will carry over to actual matches. I'm a little worried that Raven may stink it up with the in-ring work, but hopefully, I'm wrong. I think Rhino, Richards and Dreamer will be OK (especially Rhino). It also looks like Brother Devon and RVD are in the group. I wonder what they'll do with Brother Ray? Doesn't seem right to do this without him in the group. Where does Foley/Cactus fit in in this mess? I'd like to see maybe Sabu, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Mikey Whipwreck, Justin Credible and Lance Storm come in as well. They can all, at least, still wrestle well. Overall, I liked the brawl and think it has some potential. Here's to TNA not screwing the pooch on this one. Pray they don't fuck it up!

stlrtruck
08-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Anybody see the ECW/TNA invasion angle the other night? I thought it came off pretty good and made the ECW guys look legit. Hopefully that will carry over to actual matches. I'm a little worried that Raven may stink it up with the in-ring work, but hopefully, I'm wrong. I think Rhino, Richards and Dreamer will be OK (especially Rhino). It also looks like Brother Devon and RVD are in the group. I wonder what they'll do with Brother Ray? Doesn't seem right to do this without him in the group. Where does Foley/Cactus fit in in this mess? I'd like to see maybe Sabu, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Mikey Whipwreck, Justin Credible and Lance Storm come in as well. They can all, at least, still wrestle well. Overall, I liked the brawl and think it has some potential. Here's to TNA not screwing the pooch on this one. Pray they don't fuck it up!

Looks like Bubba Ray is joining them, at least for now. If you didn't catch it, Raven flipped on Dreamer the other night. I like how TNA is dealing with the extreme wrestlers. And they even said, "We're not some disgruntled rookies..."

What Vince is doing with Nexus, is good too. However, TNA is starting to throw out some good promos too. They need to keep up the hard work. If they can get some decent battles going, they've got a legit chance to go more national. I see that they've already started doing some shows outside of their Orlando home.

I predict by next year, they'll be more active in the wrestling market. I also see them getting some more talent, probably away from Vince's stable which will boost their ability to have better matches and better story lines.

kmsteelerwr15
08-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Looks like Bubba Ray is joining them, at least for now. If you didn't catch it, Raven flipped on Dreamer the other night. I like how TNA is dealing with the extreme wrestlers. And they even said, "We're not some disgruntled rookies..."

What Vince is doing with Nexus, is good too. However, TNA is starting to throw out some good promos too. They need to keep up the hard work. If they can get some decent battles going, they've got a legit chance to go more national. I see that they've already started doing some shows outside of their Orlando home.

I predict by next year, they'll be more active in the wrestling market. I also see them getting some more talent, probably away from Vince's stable which will boost their ability to have better matches and better story lines.

I hope you are right on this one because the product has been down for a while now.

stlrtruck
08-02-2010, 03:07 PM
I hope you are right on this one because the product has been down for a while now.

Since the downfall of the WCW and TNA's inability to immediately challenge Vince and the WWE, there was no reason for the WWE to continue to put out top of the line productions every week, every PPV, etc. And we've seen where that has gotten us. The WWE's top line was going down like flys - Stone Cole, The Rock, Triple H, etc. All taking injuries, bad injuries to their backs, legs, etc. So Vince did what he needed to do to protect his product - he brought in lesser talent, and since he didn't have a company to challenge him, he continued with the lesser programming and storylines.

BuddhaBus
08-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm really liking the new direction TNA is taking. Between the ECW guys, the Abyss monster turn, the Beer Money/Motor City Machine Guns fued, Brian Kendrick and Jay Lethal pushes, RVD title reign, Fourtune forming and Rob "Roid" Terry having the Global title taken off of him, things are looking way up. I hear Sandman, Jerry Lynn and Sabu could probably be coming in soon as well. I'm hooked.

BuddhaBus
08-04-2010, 04:03 AM
Former ECW talent confirmed for TNA's Hardcore Justice PPV:
1. Tommy Dreamer
2. The Dudley Boys (Team 3D)
3. Rhino
4. Raven
5. Stevie Richards
6. Jerry Lynn
7. Sabu
8. Too Cold Scorpio
9. Sandman
10. Rob Van Dam
11. Bill Alphonso

Former ECW talent who have turned down offers to appear:
1. "The Franchise" Shane Douglas
2. Lance Storm
3. Mikey Whipwreck (neck problems)
4. Paul Heyman (so far)

Still would like to see offers made to Justin Credible, Tajiri, the F.B.I., Doring/Roadkill, Super Crazy and Nova/Blue Meanie. Tommy Dreamer stated he would love to have Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio and Joey Styles there, but they are currently under contract to WWE so they won't be permitted to attend.

The WH
08-04-2010, 04:20 AM
TNA is suffering from the same problem the WWE is, too many main eventers, not enough time and bad planning to get them the attention they need.

BuddhaBus
08-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Recently confirmed for TNA Hard Justice:
1. C.W. Anderson
2. Spike Dudley (Brother Runt)
3. The F.B.I.
4. Referee John Finegan

The WH
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
i wonder if former Ecw greats eddie guerrero,brian pillman, and chris benoit are going to be appearing...

stlrtruck
08-13-2010, 04:24 PM
From what I've seen the last two weeks between WWE and TNA, TNA is starting to up the ante and WWE doesn't seem to concerned as of it. They're still playing the Nexxus card, but TNA (at least this past Thursday night) put on one hell of a card, and very little chatter. Something WWE and Vince hasn't learned yet.

If TNA can keep this type of pressure, they'll soon be a force in wrestling headlines similar to how WCW was before it started going to crap in the late 90's early 00's. Last night's show was amazing and they have definitely raised the bar. I think they beat Vince to the take over scenario and with that and the EV 2.0, they proved they can put on a show!

BuddhaBus
08-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I haven't watched last night's TNA show yet, but I read about it on some wrestling sites. Sounds like it was excellent! When I heard it was going to be an actual all-action WRESTLING show and then saw some of the matches that were lined up, I got really excited. I can't wait to get a chance to watch it. TNA is definitely creeping up on ol' Vincent K. McMahon. He'd better watch it or...GASP!... he might actually have some real competition again! Too bad TNA jumped the gun a little with the move to Monday nights heads-up with WWE. Now would have been the prime time to strike. Let's just hope Hogan and Bischoff are on their way out. They are just holding TNA back.

Also, I heard Roderick Strong wrestled a dark match for TNA. He's from Ring Of Honor and the guy is a superb technical wrestler. He's known as the "Messiah of the Backbreaker" in ROH. This dude can go. I'd love to see him take on Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Douglas Williams, Desmond Wolfe or Brian Kendrick. I hope they sign him ASAP!

stlrtruck
08-14-2010, 01:04 PM
I haven't watched last night's TNA show yet, but I read about it on some wrestling sites. Sounds like it was excellent! When I heard it was going to be an actual all-action WRESTLING show and then saw some of the matches that were lined up, I got really excited. I can't wait to get a chance to watch it. TNA is definitely creeping up on ol' Vincent K. McMahon. He'd better watch it or...GASP!... he might actually have some real competition again! Too bad TNA jumped the gun a little with the move to Monday nights heads-up with WWE. Now would have been the prime time to strike. Let's just hope Hogan and Bischoff are on their way out. They are just holding TNA back.

Also, I heard Roderick Strong wrestled a dark match for TNA. He's from Ring Of Honor and the guy is a superb technical wrestler. He's known as the "Messiah of the Backbreaker" in ROH. This dude can go. I'd love to see him take on Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Douglas Williams, Desmond Wolfe or Brian Kendrick. I hope they sign him ASAP!

I don't know Buddha, I think Hogan and Bischoff being with TNA is actually starting to help them build some angles up. They seems to have slowly put themselves on the behind the scenes. As long as they continue to utilize their talents back stage and make appearances similar to what Vince does, I think they'll be just fine. If they become more active again, then it would be the downfall of TNA. With the recent signings and events at TNA, I think they'll continue to be in the background with no reason to be in the ring for physical contact. EV 2.0, could be the next thing to carry TNA to closer to challenging the WWE.

It'll be interesting to see what Vince is going to do squash TNA or if he's out of gas and can't find something better to raise the bar.

BuddhaBus
08-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't know Buddha, I think Hogan and Bischoff being with TNA is actually starting to help them build some angles up. They seems to have slowly put themselves on the behind the scenes. As long as they continue to utilize their talents back stage and make appearances similar to what Vince does, I think they'll be just fine. If they become more active again, then it would be the downfall of TNA. With the recent signings and events at TNA, I think they'll continue to be in the background with no reason to be in the ring for physical contact. EV 2.0, could be the next thing to carry TNA to closer to challenging the WWE.

It'll be interesting to see what Vince is going to do squash TNA or if he's out of gas and can't find something better to raise the bar.

You're right about them slowly fading behind the scenes some, but will Hogan's ego allow that for very long? He has always been a glory hog who can't bear to share the spotlight. We'll see if he truly starts to push the young guys and "pass the torch". That hasn't been his normal M.O. though. I hope the EV 2.0 thing does well. A lot of those guys do deserve to be treated well and succeed in this business for the way they revolutionized the business, but the bottom line is they need to perform in the ring or it won't work.

As far as WWE, I don't know if Vince has anything up his sleeve, but it won't pull me back in. I've been done with WWE for years and if TNA flops/folds/is bought by Vince, I'll be done with mainstream wrestling again. Plenty of cool indies out there to watch instead. I did hear that WWE signed Tyler Black from ROH. He's a really good wrestler, but there's something about him I don't like. He just kind of bores me. Maybe he'll get an interesting character to work with. He might help some.

stlrtruck
08-14-2010, 03:02 PM
You're right about them slowly fading behind the scenes some, but will Hogan's ego allow that for very long? He has always been a glory hog who can't bear to share the spotlight. We'll see if he truly starts to push the young guys and "pass the torch". That hasn't been his normal M.O. though. I hope the EV 2.0 thing does well. A lot of those guys do deserve to be treated well and succeed in this business for the way they revolutionized the business, but the bottom line is they need to perform in the ring or it won't work.

As far as WWE, I don't know if Vince has anything up his sleeve, but it won't pull me back in. I've been done with WWE for years and if TNA flops/folds/is bought by Vince, I'll be done with mainstream wrestling again. Plenty of cool indies out there to watch instead. I did hear that WWE signed Tyler Black from ROH. He's a really good wrestler, but there's something about him I don't like. He just kind of bores me. Maybe he'll get an interesting character to work with. He might help some.

I think Hogan's health is the main reason for his willingness to stay out of the spotlight. Looking back, I think it was necessary for Hogan and Bischoff to be in the spotlight for a few months in order to get the behind the scenes in order and story lines completed. Now that they've got the foundation layed, I truly believe that they'll stay back stage and let the younger guys take TNA over the top.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching even if WWE buys out TNA, which I don't think will happen because all the wrestlers over there revolted against WWE when Vince bought out WCW.

I don't know this Tyler Black. I'll have to YouTube or something to get an idea on him.

BuddhaBus
08-14-2010, 03:27 PM
I love watching good wrestling, I just don't like the PG-rated, cartoonish stuff WWE tends to do. It's good for kids and all, just not my thing. I'll never stop watching all-together.

stlrtruck
08-18-2010, 07:46 AM
I noticed from Monday night's RAW that they are trying to make Cena like the next Rock with his smack talk towards Nexxus. And you're right Buddha, it is registered more towards the PG13 crowd, which isn't bad (especially with small children in the house).

I like the swerve they still have with Nexxus, but I hope they do not continue to dismantle them. The WWE needs a dominate group similar to DX and The NATION. It will help them, I believe, in the llong run.

I'm waiting to see what TNA brings out Thursday night.

BuddhaBus
08-25-2010, 07:43 PM
How awesome has the series of matches between Beer Money and The Motor City Machine Guns been? They have been among some of the best tag team matches I have seen. Very reminiscent of the old Rock 'n Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) vs. The Midnight Express ("Beautiful" Bobby Eaton and "Loverboy" Dennis Condrey) or Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn and Ole Anderson) matches of the 80s, but faster paced. Great matches from these two teams and I think they should be applauded for their efforts.

:thumbsup: :clap2: :applaudit: :clap2: :applaudit: :clap2: :applaudit:

The WH
08-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Absolutely, reminds me of the Edge and Christian / Hardy Boys

BuddhaBus
08-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Absolutely, reminds me of the Edge and Christian / Hardy Boys

Another good comparison!

Aussie_steeler
08-27-2010, 05:05 PM
What the??? No Killer Bees vs Rockers comparison.

Only joking.

OK Buddha - Dream Tag teams that you would have like to have seen formed in your time.

I give you WCW days - Brett Hart ( hitting the sharpshooter) with Randy " Macho man" Savage" hitting the elbow from the top rope.

Who's next??

BuddhaBus
08-28-2010, 07:56 AM
How about Taz (in his prime) teamed with Samoa Joe called the "Human Suplex Machines". Sheer devastation. Or how about Tajiri and the Great Muta.

Killer Bees indeed... :buttkick:

Aussie_steeler
08-28-2010, 09:40 AM
I would put Ultimo Dragon and Jushin Liger up against your Taji / muta.

In a typical wrestling swerve I will give you two teams that should never be put anywhere near a microphone.

1. Sid Team Vicious and Lex Luger - The NFI's (Imagine the poor fool trying to interview those two)

2. In all seriousness one of the most technically gifted but verbally challenged teams would have to be Perry Saturn and Chris Kanyon.

Your turn Buddha

BuddhaBus
08-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Ok... how about Bastion Booger and the Shockmaster? :chuckle: Just kidding!

Maybe Low-Ki (Kaval) and The Amazing Red as a killer high-flying combo.

For a power duo how about Mike Awesome (:rip:) and Bill Goldberg?

Aussie_steeler
08-28-2010, 10:11 AM
For a power duo how about Mike Awesome (:rip:) and Bill Goldberg?

Versus my Scott Norton and Hugh Morris

BuddhaBus
08-28-2010, 10:27 AM
For hardcore wrestling I'll take Cactus Jack and Necrobutcher. That would be some kind of insane!

Technical team? Bryan Danielson and Dean Malenko would be hard to beat.

The WH
08-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Mr. Perfect and Bret Hart would give them a run for their money.

BuddhaBus
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Sandman (Team name: "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers")

Aussie_steeler
08-29-2010, 12:40 AM
For hardcore wrestling I'll take Cactus Jack and Necrobutcher. That would be some kind of insane!

Technical team? Bryan Danielson and Dean Malenko would be hard to beat.

Hardcore - Terry Funk and Raven

Technical - Bret Hart and Chris Benoit would have turned anyone inside out. But I would probably go Bret Hart and the Dynamite Kid

Buddha - I can remember a stage in WCW where Hall and Nash really lost the plot. I swear one show the Nash walked down the runway with white powder around his nostrils and he couldnt stop rubbing his nose. Either it was a strange gimmick or one helluva pre match warmup. Then again - no one run off the rails more than Scott Hall.

BuddhaBus
08-29-2010, 02:09 AM
I will take your Hart/ Dynamite Kid and match it against Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards (The American Wolves).

stlrtruck
08-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Ok so I watched last Thursdays TNA and it seems that they've got Hogan and Flair back in the mix. I don't mind so much with Nash and Sting (at least they're still mobile), but TNA really has to get Hogan to stay in the back and be more like Vince or a Commish type personality, maybe even a guest referee or something - but STOP getting in the ring!

However, I would say that TNA's script to have three different levels of take over going on, is interesting. You've got FORTUNE, EV 2.0, and TNA wrestlers jossling for position and they're all attacking one another. Could turn out to be very ineteresting, especially with the Abyss wild card. I think TNA is heading in the right direction but they've got to get it moving quickly before Vince can get his army in position for another takeover.

BuddhaBus
08-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Ok so I watched last Thursdays TNA and it seems that they've got Hogan and Flair back in the mix. I don't mind so much with Nash and Sting (at least they're still mobile), but TNA really has to get Hogan to stay in the back and be more like Vince or a Commish type personality, maybe even a guest referee or something - but STOP getting in the ring!

However, I would say that TNA's script to have three different levels of take over going on, is interesting. You've got FORTUNE, EV 2.0, and TNA wrestlers jossling for position and they're all attacking one another. Could turn out to be very ineteresting, especially with the Abyss wild card. I think TNA is heading in the right direction but they've got to get it moving quickly before Vince can get his army in position for another takeover.

I agree with everything you just stated. Hogan needs to just...go. I feel Flair needs to transition to purely a managerial role ala J.J. Dillon with the Four Horsemen. Things are at least interesting there now, but you're right. Don't let Vince regroup and smack you back down. Go for the throat and keep attacking. Now may have been a better time to switch to Mondays head-to-head. I think they should definitely do that again when things appear to be at their zenith.

BuddhaBus
08-31-2010, 04:07 PM
I wanted to post a tribute to 2 wrestlers that I liked who recently passed away in the past week. Rest in peace, Luna Vachon (age 48) and independent wrestler J.C. Bailey (age 27).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3-X5ZkWPoA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwCyDaMnzfk&feature=related

stlrtruck
09-01-2010, 08:56 AM
I agree with everything you just stated. Hogan needs to just...go. I feel Flair needs to transition to purely a managerial role ala J.J. Dillon with the Four Horsemen. Things are at least interesting there now, but you're right. Don't let Vince regroup and smack you back down. Go for the throat and keep attacking. Now may have been a better time to switch to Mondays head-to-head. I think they should definitely do that again when things appear to be at their zenith.

The thing is, I don't think TNA has reached their zenith yet. They've got enough reverse zobbi-das going on, that it could take two months to get things ironed out to one or two battles here or there (ala current WWE). If they can iron out some of the older players (Hogan and Flair) and get them more backstage, they have the talent to roll Vince and the WWE, at least be competitive.

stlrtruck
09-02-2010, 10:28 AM
So I watched RAW's 900th episosde last night and I wasn't too impressed. They're really pushing NEXUS and it just doesn't have depth like TNA's EV 2.0 and FORTUNE. It was nice to see the return of The Undertaker, but they're playing him against his brother AGAIN! Why not have them team up and be the baddest MO-FO Tag Team Champions ever! NAH, can't do that it wouldn't make sense that brothers could actually make up from past wounds and dominate.

I've noticed that without the great talkers (The Rock) and the great performers (Stone Cold, Triple H), the WWE truly doesn't have that great of talent. They sound more like whiney babies these days then true "entertainers". Sheamus needs to change his demeanor from half tough guy half wimp to full blown heal tough guy!

Or maybe it's the fact that I'm just tiring of the WWE.

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2010, 04:34 AM
I tired of the WWE along time ago. When guys like CM Punk, Sheamus. Cody Rhodes, The Miz and Jack Swagger are your main event guys there are major problems.

I lost interest a long time ago in McMahons stable of Hunter Hearst Helmsly ass kissers.

BuddhaBus
09-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Haven't watched WWE in years and have no real idea what's going on there. I have no desire to help VKM carry on with his silly shenanigans any longer.

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2010, 04:49 AM
http://www.ring-rap.com/2010/08/02/this-years-pwi-top-500-is-finally-revealed/

OK Buddha Time to pick the eyes out of this list.

I will let you start.

The WH
09-03-2010, 05:28 AM
I tired of the WWE along time ago. When guys like CM Punk, Sheamus. Cody Rhodes, The Miz and Jack Swagger are your main event guys there are major problems.

I lost interest a long time ago in McMahons stable of Hunter Hearst Helmsly ass kissers.
CM Punk is one of the best wrestlers of the last 10 years. He deserves no less than main event.

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Gotta disagree. One dimensional like many of on WWE roster. Thats why many fans have drifted away from the WWE and left it to Gen Y.

If wrestling is now a wrist wobble and a running knee lift then it aint my cuppa tea.

But then again what is wrestlin without heels and faces. Your piece of gold is most likely gonna be another mans nugget

The WH
09-03-2010, 11:47 AM
One Dimensional? Did you see his match at Fatal 4 Way with Rey Mysterio? Look up CM Punk v. Bryan Danielson

BuddhaBus
09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
CM Punk is one of the best wrestlers of the last 10 years. He deserves no less than main event.

Sorry, Aussie. Gotta agree with WH here. Even though I don't watch WWE, I know CM Punk is a gamer. Great indy star before joining WWE. I wish he'd defect to TNA.

BuddhaBus
09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
http://www.ring-rap.com/2010/08/02/this-years-pwi-top-500-is-finally-revealed/

OK Buddha Time to pick the eyes out of this list.

I will let you start.

OK... what am I doing? Am I picking who I like or dislike?

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2010, 08:58 PM
If they are going to put a list together I thought we should let people debate the positions / rankings of people that interest us.

#134 - Jay Lethal ( one of my favourite TNA workers) is worse than ......#113 Goldust

or for the WWE fans

#79 Kane ( under rated wrestler who could / should physically dominate)............#53 Kevin Nash ( and I am an old NWO fan)

BuddhaBus
09-03-2010, 10:24 PM
OK, Aussie.

Kenta below The Great Khali? Give me an effin' break! Kenta is an amazing wrestler. The Great Khali is an over-sized turd!

Cena sucks ass! Nuff said!

How the Hell is Rob Terry above Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Amazing Red, Jerry Lynn, Alex Shelley or Kenny King? Terry is one of the worst "wrestlers" I have ever seen!

That's just for starters!

The WH
09-05-2010, 07:59 AM
what do you mean ''wrestlers''?

BuddhaBus
09-05-2010, 08:15 AM
what do you mean ''wrestlers''?

Meaning Terry is NOT a wrestler. He's a 'roid abusing meat head with no talent whatsoever. I, for the life of me, cannot see what Dixie Carter and TNA execs see in this useless muscle-head with no in ring OR mic skills.

BuddhaBus
09-05-2010, 08:18 AM
And speaking of British guys, how awesome was this past Thursday's segment with London Brawling (Desmond Wolfe and Brutus Magnus) and The Motor City Machine Guns? That was some great mic work and LB could turn out to be a fantastic team. I'm excited to see these 2 teams go at it in the ring. Should be some more classics. I like the MCMGs more and more each day!

tube517
09-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Is it me or are they really desperate trying to push Sheamus. The guy has no heat or mic skills. He should be a mid-carder at best. I've been flipping channels the past few weeks out of boredom. Also, the "NEXUS" thing is rehashed WCW (The New Blood). Sorry, but it's old. WWE=YAWN

So I watched RAW's 900th episosde last night and I wasn't too impressed. They're really pushing NEXUS and it just doesn't have depth like TNA's EV 2.0 and FORTUNE. It was nice to see the return of The Undertaker, but they're playing him against his brother AGAIN! Why not have them team up and be the baddest MO-FO Tag Team Champions ever! NAH, can't do that it wouldn't make sense that brothers could actually make up from past wounds and dominate.

I've noticed that without the great talkers (The Rock) and the great performers (Stone Cold, Triple H), the WWE truly doesn't have that great of talent. They sound more like whiney babies these days then true "entertainers". Sheamus needs to change his demeanor from half tough guy half wimp to full blown heal tough guy!

Or maybe it's the fact that I'm just tiring of the WWE.

KeiselPower99
09-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Sheamus was trained by Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Thats the reason he is getting pushed like he is. In all seriousness the only gut in WWE I think is a top draw is Christian. Jack Swagger is a Kurt Angle rip off and the Miz has a good mouth but no skills.

tube517
09-06-2010, 01:35 PM
That explains it then. He still sucks though. I've been out of the WWE loop for a few years so I'm clueless on these newer guys.

Sheamus was trained by Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Thats the reason he is getting pushed like he is. In all seriousness the only gut in WWE I think is a top draw is Christian. Jack Swagger is a Kurt Angle rip off and the Miz has a good mouth but no skills.

The WH
09-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Are we watching the same show? Sheamus is hugely over as a heel. His Mic skills aren't Rock-ish by any means but he's doing pretty damn good. He's lightyears ahead of John ''LoLz, I made another jab at Sheamus being pale'' Cena.

Everyone watch out for Roberto Del Rio. He's already over as a great heel and has a great wrestling predigree.

This Kane v. Undertaker redo is being done much better than the last two.

BuddhaBus
09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Don't know why I didn't just post this earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv4ZRGGonHo

tube517
09-08-2010, 01:03 AM
I hate Cena worse than Sheamus. Are they really booing him because he's a heel or are they booing him because he sucks. Did he deserve a push because he's good or because he's Jean Paul Levesque's friend??? These are questions I am asking not trying to be a smartass. Like I said, I don't know much about him but what I've seen, I am not impressed.

Are we watching the same show? Sheamus is hugely over as a heel. His Mic skills aren't Rock-ish by any means but he's doing pretty damn good. He's lightyears ahead of John ''LoLz, I made another jab at Sheamus being pale'' Cena.

Everyone watch out for Roberto Del Rio. He's already over as a great heel and has a great wrestling predigree.

This Kane v. Undertaker redo is being done much better than the last two.

stlrtruck
09-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't mind Cena, matter of fact I enjoy his mayonnaise jokes against Sheamus. And while Cena isn't the best of the mic, he has definitely improved as of late. I still appreciate the way that Randy Orton has worked over the last two years to make his value in the WWE increase - drastically. I remember seeing him once at the Original Hooters in Clearwater, FL when he was just making it in WCW. Man talk about a huge difference. I can appreciate the Kane v. Undertaker twist again, but damn it's overplayed and had they done it right the first two times, there would be no need for this one. As I mentioned before, it would be great to see them pair up and take the tag team titles for awhile. The WWE definitely could use The Rock back to help these young kids learn how to smack talk. I haven't heard a good railing since his departure.

As for TNA, I like what they've got going on and think that they could help themselves out by pushing a few more nights like they had a few weeks ago when it was pure action related and a heck of a lot less talking. Especially with the lineup of wrestlers they have on the payroll.

BuddhaBus
09-08-2010, 07:58 PM
As for TNA, I like what they've got going on and think that they could help themselves out by pushing a few more nights like they had a few weeks ago when it was pure action related and a heck of a lot less talking. Especially with the lineup of wrestlers they have on the payroll.

I second that motion!

stlrtruck
09-14-2010, 06:10 AM
So I was watching RAW last night when I saw Ocho Stinko was the guest host.

Miz came out and had me rolling on the floor. Here's a write up link, but I haven't seen the video on You Tube just yet.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/WWE-star-The-Miz-calls-out-Ochocinco.html

The WH
09-14-2010, 11:25 AM
The Miz is a Browns fan.....he doesn'n have much to gloat about.

stlrtruck
09-14-2010, 12:57 PM
The Miz is a Browns fan.....he doesn'n have much to gloat about.

I don't care who he likes, it was just fantastic when he said the bungals suck!

The WH
09-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't care who he likes, it was just fantastic when he said the bungals suck!
oh, I know, I loved it.

The WH
09-18-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=099ondxyDHc

In case any of you watched Botchamania with Art Donovan guest starring at King of the ring about 20 years ago or actually saw it happen... Fast forward in this video to 6:08. I couldn't stop laughing.

stlrtruck
09-23-2010, 12:10 PM
So Vince and the WWE has returned to the your my biatch match for John Cena.

He faces Wade Barrett at the next pay per view and if he loses he must join NXT, but if he wins NXT is disbanded.

So I wonder why would the WWE take one of their top stars and put him a secondary role like this? Are they going to disband NXT? Is Cena going to take another hiatus to do a movie?

The WH
09-23-2010, 01:33 PM
So Vince and the WWE has returned to the your my biatch match for John Cena.

He faces Wade Barrett at the next pay per view and if he loses he must join NXT, but if he wins NXT is disbanded.

So I wonder why would the WWE take one of their top stars and put him a secondary role like this? Are they going to disband NXT? Is Cena going to take another hiatus to do a movie? they put the strap on the wrestler that is incredibly more over than Cena, Orton. And for HITC they dont dare do a 3way dance.

stlrtruck
09-23-2010, 01:43 PM
they put the strap on the wrestler that is incredibly more over than Cena, Orton. And for HITC they dont dare do a 3way dance.

Even with Orton being the carrier, as was with Stone Cold, they still need someone to come along and clean house. Dropping Cena down to the second tier could prove costly for WWE. Let's face it Sheamus isn't that great and it won't be long before Orton will walk through the WWE. Basically they don't have enough talent to carry the load for two separate shows anymore, especially considering the age of their current rosters, and the lack of underlying talent.

The WH
09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Even with Orton being the carrier, as was with Stone Cold, they still need someone to come along and clean house. Dropping Cena down to the second tier could prove costly for WWE. Let's face it Sheamus isn't that great and it won't be long before Orton will walk through the WWE. Basically they don't have enough talent to carry the load for two separate shows anymore, especially considering the age of their current rosters, and the lack of underlying talent.
thats why they are going to unify all the belts.

stlrtruck
09-24-2010, 09:06 AM
thats why they are going to unify all the belts.

Is that really going to help?

Lets face it, even if they unify the belts, the loss of talent could help push TNA to a more competitive level.

It almost seems as if Vince and the WWE are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They are going to become a victim of their own greed and lack of competition.

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Just read that they are making a movie about Mick Foley's life. Should be a good one if cast right. I think someone like Gary Oldman would be awesome as Mick Foley. He may be too old though. Maybe Colin Farrell.

Foley's had a very interesting life and became a huge international wrestling star and best-selling author against all odds. Nobody thought he could become as big of a star as he did considering his look and the fact that he did deathmatch style wrestling. He has some of the greatest promos of all-time in ECW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-lJTvgaZME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVSeJg9U3w0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9JeEKmW1Ps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wASrosbB44s&feature=related

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 10:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW8Yc7bHWw4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTtZmdzv_L0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbxDHjHEK_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp7LxvMOLKw

The WH
09-28-2010, 02:47 PM
The Hell in the Cell match that put Mick Foley on the map occured at the Civic Arena, in Pittsburgh. I have about 20 friends that were their that night. All of them though, mutually, that he had died.

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 03:45 PM
The Hell in the Cell match that put Mick Foley on the map occured at the Civic Arena, in Pittsburgh. I have about 20 friends that were their that night. All of them though, mutually, that he had died.

That was one unfuckingbelievable match. How he can still walk today is beyond me.

stlrtruck
10-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Both shows were weak this week. Too much gibber jabber! Stop the talky talky and give me more action!

BuddhaBus
10-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Both shows were weak this week. Too much gibber jabber! Stop the talky talky and give me more action!

I'm not getting to see TNA anymore with the new fall TV season in full swing. I DVR everything and watch it later. I can only record 2 shows at once. My wife and I religiously watch "The Office" and "Fringe" every week and they both come on when TNA is on so I can't record it. I was starting to get into it, so I may have to figure out a way to watch it.

And if you want high-flying, fast paced action, truck, enjoy some early Amazing Red vs. Low Ki (Kaval) independent wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVv6NA7NqCg

If it's technical wrestling you're looking for, try Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-lF3T0ZBoQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4BGgQ0R42E&feature=related

And if it's hardcore action you need, check out ECW's Terry Funk vs. Sabu in a no-rope barbed-wire match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcOkebyq6RI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6fhU7WGTCY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA-e8B66kOs&feature=related

stlrtruck
10-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Cena part of Nexus and no one to challenge Orton, the WWE is at a crossroads. Wade Barrett is not the answer, and having Cena to do is bidding is just old hat. I've seen it before, it's old, tiring, and boring. They should have stuck with Cena destroying Nexus from the inside out, that would have been entertaining to say the least...although they could have stayed together, but just have Cena fight his way out of the group.

Needless to say sending Edge to Smackdown is another waste of talent. Vincent K. McMahon needs to reel in the talent or he's going to start losing it.

Oh well, let's see what they can do in TNA with this absence of power in the WWE.

The WH
10-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Cena part of Nexus and no one to challenge Orton, the WWE is at a crossroads. Wade Barrett is not the answer, and having Cena to do is bidding is just old hat. I've seen it before, it's old, tiring, and boring. They should have stuck with Cena destroying Nexus from the inside out, that would have been entertaining to say the least...although they could have stayed together, but just have Cena fight his way out of the group.

Needless to say sending Edge to Smackdown is another waste of talent. Vincent K. McMahon needs to reel in the talent or he's going to start losing it.

Oh well, let's see what they can do in TNA with this absence of power in the WWE. Edge coming to Raw was a waste of talent. period. The only reason he took Jericho and Edge off of Smackdown was to stick it to the channel they were on that didn't want Smackdown anymore. Now that they are on SyFy I knew saturday morning that they would be back.

Edge's īīheel'' turn this time around was probably the worst executed heel turn I have ever seen. Ever. Even though he was supposed to be a heel, he was getting bigger face pops than Cena!!

Smackdown is by far a better show than Raw anyways.

stlrtruck
10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Edge coming to Raw was a waste of talent. period. The only reason he took Jericho and Edge off of Smackdown was to stick it to the channel they were on that didn't want Smackdown anymore. Now that they are on SyFy I knew saturday morning that they would be back.

Edge's īīheel'' turn this time around was probably the worst executed heel turn I have ever seen. Ever. Even though he was supposed to be a heel, he was getting bigger face pops than Cena!!

Smackdown is by far a better show than Raw anyways.

I'm starting to think that aside from Cena, the WWE Crowds are starting to turn the heels into the good guys and the good guys are still the good guys.

The WH
10-07-2010, 02:02 PM
thats because they dont seem to know how to book a heel anymore.

stlrtruck
10-07-2010, 02:54 PM
thats because they dont seem to know how to book a heel anymore.

Is it that or the fact that the fans are becoming more open to whom they like and don't like. Example, Randy Orton has become the latest Stone Cold. Bad Guy turned good by the fans, but never changed his mentality. Now take Sheamus the walking mayonnaise jar...the fans boo him endlessly.

I mean I guess Nexus has become the latest heel, but they've got no where to go with it unless Cena turns complete heel on the issue and takes over Wade Barrett's status. Now that would be awesome to see.

BuddhaBus
10-07-2010, 10:09 PM
One Hell of a Last Man Standing match between Cactus Jack (Mick Foley) and "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair on TNA tonight. Both guys gave it their all. Both were bloody messes. Both took some serious punishment and bumps for their age. Absolute classic hardcore match for me. I didn't think Flair had that kind of "hardcore" in him. My hat's off to both for an awesome performance! :thumbsup:

BPS3akaWirels3
10-07-2010, 10:15 PM
One Hell of a Last Man Standing match between Cactus Jack (Mick Foley) and "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair on TNA tonight. Both guys gave it their all. Both were bloody messes. Both took some serious punishment and bumps for their age. Absolute classic hardcore match for me. I didn't think Flair had that kind of "hardcore" in him. My hat's off to both for an awesome performance! :thumbsup:

That's just crazy that those guys are still doing this.. When I use to watch WWF in the Mid 90's they were rasslin then.. Wow... I miss the Hulkster..

BuddhaBus
10-07-2010, 10:25 PM
It far exceeded my expectations considering their age. I expected it to be good, but WOW! That match was overdue by about a decade or so considering the real heat these two men had with each other in the past. Great effort!

stlrtruck
10-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Yeah that was a crazy match last night. I should have gone and watched it. Had the opportunity but had to turn it down due to fundage.

I still think TNA needs to go back to the in the ring all action Thursday nights in order to be more challenging to the WWE.

BuddhaBus
10-08-2010, 04:32 PM
I still think TNA needs to go back to the in the ring all action Thursday nights in order to be more challenging to the WWE.

I agree. Idiocy like the Robbie E. and Cookie shit makes me wanna scream. I'd rather scrub my junk with a cheese grater then watch stupidity like that. The sad part is that the execs of TNA probably think the crowd going nuts chanting that they suck and to leave is "great heel heat". No, dummies, it's actually that they do, in fact, suck ass. I haven't even seen this guy wrestle yet and I know he's going to suck.

Let's see some ACTION! The crowd was pumped for Foley vs. Flair. They have also popped in the past for Angle vs. Styles and the MCMGs vs. Beer Money for putting on stellar action-packed matches. Give the fans what they want! TNA is going to drop the ball again if they continue with the McMahon-ish cartoon characters and antics. LET THEM WRESTLE!

GBMelBlount
10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I've never watched a single professional wrestling match in my life but I did meet cactus jack once and talked to him for a bit. This was in Long Island when I was in his hometown back around 1990. I know that was a long time ago but I was wondering if anyone remembers him or knows if he was good?

BuddhaBus
10-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I've never watched a single professional wrestling match in my life but I did meet cactus jack once and talked to him for a bit. This was in Long Island when I was in his hometown back around 1990. I know that was a long time ago but I was wondering if anyone remembers him or knows if he was good?

:chuckle: We've been talking about him right in this very thread. He was/is an unbelievably tough and entertaining wrestler. He seems like a real down to earth, cool guy, but I've never met him myself. I posted a few videos of him in this thread. His microphone work is some of the best in the business. He just wrestled an incredibly good hardcore match against Ric Flair on TNA Impact last night. One of my favorite all-time wrestlers.

Wallace108
10-09-2010, 12:01 AM
You guys do realize that wrestling's fake, right? :chuckle:

As I think I stated early in this thread (it's all a blur), I used to be a die-hard fan. During the Monday Night Wars, I watched every second of both WCW and WWF, including all the pay-per-views. I started getting into ECW about a year before it folded. But I quit watching about a year after Vince bought WCW. The WWF/WWE turned to absolute crap, and there was no more WCW or ECW to turn to. I'd tune in once in a while, but it just wasn't the same. I haven't watched a single match in about 6 years or so. But Buddha forced me to watch a little TNA the other night (that sounds kinda kinky). I liked what I saw, although I was never crazy about Mike Tenay. I'd like to get sucked back in to wrestling ... part of me really misses it.

BuddhaBus
10-09-2010, 09:19 AM

As I think I stated early in this thread (it's all a blur), I used to be a die-hard fan. During the Monday Night Wars, I watched every second of both WCW and WWF, including all the pay-per-views. I started getting into ECW about a year before it folded. But I quit watching about a year after Vince bought WCW. The WWF/WWE turned to absolute crap, and there was no more WCW or ECW to turn to. I'd tune in once in a while, but it just wasn't the same. I haven't watched a single match in about 6 years or so. But Buddha forced me to watch a little TNA the other night (that sounds kinda kinky). I liked what I saw, although I was never crazy about Mike Tenay. I'd like to get sucked back in to wrestling ... part of me really misses it.

TNA can be kind of hit or miss at times, but I'm glad I got you just in time to see Foley/Flair. That was a fun match to watch. If any of you guys likes action packed wrestling and you have HDNet, Ring Of Honor wrestling is another good option/alternative to WWE's garbage.

stlrtruck
10-09-2010, 12:59 PM

:director:WHAT?! :jawdrop2:

GBMelBlount
10-09-2010, 01:11 PM
:chuckle: We've been talking about him right in this very thread. He was/is an unbelievably tough and entertaining wrestler. He seems like a real down to earth, cool guy, but I've never met him myself. I posted a few videos of him in this thread. His microphone work is some of the best in the business. He just wrestled an incredibly good hardcore match against Ric Flair on TNA Impact last night. One of my favorite all-time wrestlers.

Very cool Buddha.

One of my very good friends I wrestled with in college was killed and I met Cactus Jack at my friends parents home after the funeral. They wrestled together in high school in Long Island.

He was actually VERY nice and down to earth. We sipped punch and talked about our buddy for about a half or so. Some of the stories were so funny we were actually crying from laughing so hard. I know our buddy would have wanted it that way.

BuddhaBus
10-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Very cool Buddha.

One of my very good friends I wrestled with in college was killed and I met Cactus Jack at my friends parents home after the funeral. They wrestled together in high school in Long Island.

He was actually VERY nice and down to earth. We sipped punch and talked about our buddy for about a half or so. Some of the stories were so funny we were actually crying from laughing so hard. I know our buddy would have wanted it that way.

That is an awesome story, GBMel. Sorry to hear about your friend. Mick Foley would be one Hell of a great person to meet. You're lucky to have had that opportunity. It's just extremely unfortunate the circumstances for the meeting. It's good that you both had the chance to exchange stories about your buddy and recall the fun times and share some needed laughter. Way to remember a friend, GB!

GBMelBlount
10-10-2010, 08:29 AM
That is an awesome story, GBMel. Sorry to hear about your friend. Mick Foley would be one Hell of a great person to meet. You're lucky to have had that opportunity. It's just extremely unfortunate the circumstances for the meeting. It's good that you both had the chance to exchange stories about your buddy and recall the fun times and share some needed laughter. Way to remember a friend, GB!

Thanks for your kind words Buddha.

Funny thing is I figured he was probably a stud in high school wrestling, but when I asked him how he did in high school he told me he was a .500 wrestler.

Again, not taking anything away from him. Point is, this guy was an average wrestler with big dreams and apparently he worked his ass off and made it happen.

Good for him.

BuddhaBus
10-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for your kind words Buddha.

Funny thing is I figured he was probably a stud in high school wrestling, but when I asked him how he did in high school he told me he was .500 wrestler.

Again, not taking anything away from. Point is, this guy was an average wrestler with big dreams and apparently he worked his ass off and made it happen.

Good for him.

You're welcome, GB.

And you summed Mick Foley up perfectly. He came from a meager background with very little skill, athleticism or looks. He had a dream to be a wrestler and busted his ass to achieve that goal... THE HARD WAY! He worked his way up from backyard wrestling, through the indies, to bigger known promotions (WCCW),to the NWA/WCW, to international fame all over the world, to the original ECW, all the way to the WWE Heavyweight Championship of the World. He is currently part of TNA wrestling and just had a great match against one of his peers that, years ago, told him that he would never be a star in this business... Ric Flair. He was told by people in the industry that he would never make it as a star in the business because of his looks and limited ability and he proved them all wrong through will and determination. It couldn't have happened to a better guy.

GBMelBlount
10-10-2010, 08:50 AM
What you are telling me certainly makes sense.

Another funny thing is I had never even heard of him until on the way driving up to the funeral with my friends. I started reading a tabloid out of boredom and there was a story about "Cactus Jack" saying he ate glass and barked at full moons, etc....

Anyway, I was Matt's big brother in our fraternity and his Resident Advisor his freshman year so I got to know his dad very well.

So the very next day, when I got to their house after the funeral, Matt's father took me by the arm (because Matt & I wrestled together in college of course) and walked me over and personally introduced me to "Cactus Jack". I chuckled as I shook his hand and of course the first thing I asked him is if there was any truth to the tabloid rumors that he ate broken glass and stayed up all night howling at the moon.

Now THAT had HIM howling!!!!!! lol.

The WH
10-10-2010, 08:58 AM
GB, here is Cactus Jack's most famous moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTtZmdzv_L0

GBMelBlount
10-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Holy shit! I have never seen that!

I am sure only a man who ate broken glass and howled at full moons in preparation, could have survived something that catastrophic! lol.

Seriously. THAT blows my my mind WH.

Thanks for sharing brother!

BuddhaBus
10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Might as well post this one too. From the same match AFTER the video that WH posted. The guy is indestructible! :jawdrop2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09oXyiAkOc

stlrtruck
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Cactus Jack has some real serious issues man. He's definitely in a class by himself when it comes to the dedication to the sport.

BuddhaBus
10-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Cactus Jack has some real serious issues man. He's definitely in a class by himself when it comes to the dedication to the sport.

:amen:

The WH
10-10-2010, 10:24 AM
That night is a top ten Pittsburgh Sports moment

BuddhaBus
10-10-2010, 10:37 AM
More classic Cactus Jack matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWxXhtgu17w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jghPLsNQh2o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwNz5tnB3dw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neki1SJTuR0&feature=related

BuddhaBus
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Looks like "They" were revealed to be Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and... JEFF HARDY in TNA! Didn't really see that last one coming. Hardy is the new champ. Angle must retire. Special thanks to stlrtruck for providing the means for me to watch. :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
10-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Looks like "They" were revealed to be Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and... JEFF HARDY in TNA! Didn't really see that last one coming. Hardy is the new champ. Angle must retire. Special thanks to stlrtruck for providing the means for me to watch. :thumbsup:

I'm betting that Angle doesn't retire and he teams up with Anderson. While the new wolfpack will get Somoa Joe.

And no worries on the link. Make sure you save it to your favs.

BuddhaBus
10-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm betting that Angle doesn't retire and he teams up with Anderson. While the new wolfpack will get Somoa Joe.

And no worries on the link. Make sure you save it to your favs.

You're probably right about that.

Already saved! :wink02:

stlrtruck
10-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Okay I can't believe it. TNA did what I thought would never be done. No not the Hogan/Bischoff takeover group but Jeff Hardy going heel. They've definitely put a twist of fate on TNA right now. This most definitely could be the shot in the arm they need. But I remember the last time Hogan/Bischoff did this to a company...oh yeah, that company is now owned by WWE and Vincent K. McMahon. Here's hoping that doesn't happen again.

The WH
10-15-2010, 02:55 PM
good job putting the belt on someone who has drug traffiking charges looming.

n.w.2.0 is not going to help tna.

stlrtruck
10-15-2010, 08:49 PM
good job putting the belt on someone who has drug traffiking charges looming.

n.w.2.0 is not going to help tna.

I believe those charges are from his WWE days. You know the legal system, it takes time for things to go through.

I believe this one may be different then what NWO was in WCW. I can only hope that they don't go the route of NWO.

stlrtruck
11-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Okay the last several weeks have been well, weak on both performances.

First the WWE going Old School the other night was absolutely ridiculous. They mocked, poked, and proded the old timers making them look absolutely senile - which most of them are already. The whole Nexxus vs. John Cena is so overplayed. I definitely could have written a better skit for this than what is currently out there. Randy Orton being the bad guy you love to hate is the only thing keeping the WWE afloat. It's definitely time to reveal the secret emailing commissioner.

As for TNA, it seems like they are trying to copy the WWE with this whole ownership thing. Fortune, EV 2.0, Immortal...blah, blah, blah. With the limited talent they have, they should be promoting better matches, leave Flair, Hogan, and Bischoff in the back and allow the young talent to flow like an exploding volcano. Again the scripts are weak, and the acting for the most part is even weaker. Jeff Hardy can not carry TNA, at least as a heal. The Blueprint Matt Morgan, I love it. They've got him on the right side of things but again with such an incredible young talented roster, they are failing the fans.

The WH
11-19-2010, 02:32 PM
First the WWE going Old School the other night was absolutely ridiculous. They mocked, poked, and proded the old timers making them look absolutely senile - which most of them are already. The whole Nexxus vs. John Cena is so overplayed. I definitely could have written a better skit for this than what is currently out there. Randy Orton being the bad guy you love to hate is the only thing keeping the WWE afloat. It's definitely time to reveal the secret emailing commissioner.

I don't think you and I should ever watch wrestling in the same room.

KeiselPower99
11-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Of the 2 companies I really think TNA has the better product but they are too much into the bs and we wanna see wrestling and guys with good mic skills. I could care less about the Immortal story. Hardy as a heel is entertaining. I really wanna see them put the belt on Anderson and let him run with it.

stlrtruck
11-20-2010, 07:44 AM
I don't think you and I should ever watch wrestling in the same room.

Why do you say that?

Of the 2 companies I really think TNA has the better product but they are too much into the bs and we wanna see wrestling and guys with good mic skills. I could care less about the Immortal story. Hardy as a heel is entertaining. I really wanna see them put the belt on Anderson and let him run with it.

I think TNA does have the better product overall but they need to get away from the talking and stay with the in ring action using the behind the scenes as a backdrop. If they keep with the all action, they could easily supplant WWE. I'm not so sure about Anderson having the belt, only because I think Matt Morgan gives them a more physical champion. But I'd go with Anderson before I continued with Hardy.

tube517
11-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I've been watching for the past month and TNA at least seems to be trying to do something. But, they've already had to cut "Fortune" down and "EV 2.0" down. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes if they are really trimming the fat but it's too much change again and I'm already lost. Immortal and Fortune together? Ehhhhhh. don't know about that. Is this the Corporation and the Ministry of Darkness combining into Corporate Ministry? Laughable.

WWE is boring. I fell asleep during a Nexus in ring interview. Commissioner by email? Weak.

KeiselPower99
11-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Hardys problem as WWe champ is his same problem as TNA champ. He has horrible mic skills. As a wrestler the dude is amazing. But he cant give a promo to save his life. Anderson has the best mic skills since The Rock or Austin.

stlrtruck
11-23-2010, 12:35 PM
So the WWE has gone so far overboard it's a bit ridiculous.

Cena counted out Wade Barrett and is fired
Wade Barrett had his rematch last night and Cena interferred
The Miz cashes in (finally) on his money in the bank, and beats Randy Orton

I'm calling it now. Cena will be back in within a month because he'll continue to interfere with Nexxus./

And if The Miz lasts as champion longer than the next ppv, then I want my own title shot!

tube517
11-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Cena with the Fingerpoke of Doom!

So the WWE has gone so far overboard it's a bit ridiculous.

Cena counted out Wade Barrett and is fired
Wade Barrett had his rematch last night and Cena interferred
The Miz cashes in (finally) on his money in the bank, and beats Randy Orton

I'm calling it now. Cena will be back in within a month because he'll continue to interfere with Nexxus./

And if The Miz lasts as champion longer than the next ppv, then I want my own title shot!

stlrtruck
11-26-2010, 08:13 AM
And TNA continues to unimpress me with their scripts!

BuddhaBus
11-26-2010, 08:27 AM
And TNA continues to unimpress me with their scripts!

Hogan and Bischoff need to go... NOW! Oh, and Vince Russo sucks ass too!

stlrtruck
11-26-2010, 09:12 AM

I honestly believe that you and I could write better scripts then what they are trying to sell right now. I don't mind the 3 stooges being involved in the behind the scenes operations but they need to stay behind the curtain and allow the young talent to run the mic.

Flair needs to stop wrestling...NOW!

tube517
12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I watched the Matt Morgan/Flair match the other week and that was just painful to watch. Flair mailed it in in the 90's but he just looked awful. I mean I wasn't expecting much but it was very sad. Just get out of the ring and do the manager thing.

I honestly believe that you and I could write better scripts then what they are trying to sell right now. I don't mind the 3 stooges being involved in the behind the scenes operations but they need to stay behind the curtain and allow the young talent to run the mic.

Flair needs to stop wrestling...NOW!

tube517
12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Agreed. I've been watching here and there and those 2 clowns need to go.

The WH
12-05-2010, 05:40 PM
the miz as champ is awesome

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 12:56 AM
the miz as champ is awesome

Please explain how the miz as champ is awesome. Because I don't see it.

The WH
12-06-2010, 02:43 AM
the wwe hasnīt had a champ that the crowd could get behind hating so much since HHH.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 07:38 AM
the wwe hasnīt had a champ that the crowd could get behind hating so much since HHH.

I see where you're coming from but at least make him a bigger more hatable wrestler. I think the mizz is just annoying!

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Here's my problem with WWE:

1) The Jon Cena fired thing is over played
2) Mizz as champion is weak
3) Nexxus is out of control and needs to be revamped, they very well could be the next DX
4) There is no dominate Tag Team
5) The talent level has definitely gone down hill since HHH, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, and Stone Cold left the business.

My problem with TNA:

1) The constant interruptions of Fortune and Immortal in the matches makes it boring
2) Matt Morgan should be dominating and at least playing a bigger role
3) They've got some great talent but it's not being used properly
4) Beer Money could be the next version of the Anderson brothers back in the day of 4-Horsemen
5) JJ as a MMA fighter is a joke and needs to end, abruptly
6) Hogan, Bischoff, and Flair need to stay backstage
7) Somoan Joe as an independent is too over the top, he needs to find that 'friend'

The WH
12-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Here's my problem with WWE:

1) The Jon Cena fired thing is over played
2) Mizz as champion is weak
3) Nexxus is out of control and needs to be revamped, they very well could be the next DX
4) There is no dominate Tag Team
5) The talent level has definitely gone down hill since HHH, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, and Stone Cold left the business.

My problem with TNA:

1) The constant interruptions of Fortune and Immortal in the matches makes it boring
2) Matt Morgan should be dominating and at least playing a bigger role
3) They've got some great talent but it's not being used properly
4) Beer Money could be the next version of the Anderson brothers back in the day of 4-Horsemen
5) JJ as a MMA fighter is a joke and needs to end, abruptly
6) Hogan, Bischoff, and Flair need to stay backstage
7) Somoan Joe as an independent is too over the top, he needs to find that 'friend'

WWE #5. They have in ring talent superior to the days of Rock, Stone Cold, etc.. Except they all, combined, have less charisma than the Rocks eyebrow. Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, Kaval, that little Hart Dynasty Kid with the stupid haircut, John Morrison, the list goes on considerably. None of them have the mic skills to be at the top. Sure they can put on a brilliant 30 minute match, but if you canīt connect with fans through promos, you won't be able to draw a dime, except for Internet bumbs like us.

What the WWE needs, desperately, is managers. Not like Vicki Guerrero bullshit. I mean managers like Jimmy Hart, the Graduate, Bobby Heenan...etc. Mouthpieces for these brilliant in ring technicians that cant cut a good promo to save their lives.

I don't get the tag team thing.
It's a paradox really....
In the MNW days, Bischoff was the guy that HATED tag team wrestling. Vince, loved it. Now itīs reversed, Vince doesnīt give a shit and TNA is churning out Tag Teams like Honda churns out Civics.

When the Hart Dynasty got those belts I really thought it was a rebirth to the Tag Team Division. then they defended it against the Usoīs and then.....nothing. Now the Uso's (who are great wrestlers) are jobbing out to Santino and Kozlov.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
WWE #5. They have in ring talent superior to the days of Rock, Stone Cold, etc.. Except they all, combined, have less charisma than the Rocks eyebrow. Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, Kaval, that little Hart Dynasty Kid with the stupid haircut, John Morrison, the list goes on considerably. None of them have the mic skills to be at the top. Sure they can put on a brilliant 30 minute match, but if you canīt connect with fans through promos, you won't be able to draw a dime, except for Internet bumbs like us.

What the WWE needs, desperately, is managers. Not like Vicki Guerrero bullshit. I mean managers like Jimmy Hart, the Graduate, Bobby Heenan...etc. Mouthpieces for these brilliant in ring technicians that cant cut a good promo to save their lives.

I don't get the tag team thing.
It's a paradox really....
In the MNW days, Bischoff was the guy that HATED tag team wrestling. Vince, loved it. Now itīs reversed, Vince doesnīt give a shit and TNA is churning out Tag Teams like Honda churns out Civics.

When the Hart Dynasty got those belts I really thought it was a rebirth to the Tag Team Division. then they defended it against the Usoīs and then.....nothing. Now the Uso's (who are great wrestlers) are jobbing out to Santino and Kozlov.

I guess the old school mic reps forgot to pass down the skillsets for rocking the mic and connecting with the fans.

I, too, thought that the WWE was going to rebirth the talented tag teams with the Harts and the Uso's. But alas nothing but broken dreams.

Either way, both business units are failing the fans, at least teh bums like us who remember the good ole days.

The WH
12-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Either way, both business units are failing the fans, at least teh bums like us who remember the good ole days.
Amen.

stlrtruck
12-10-2010, 06:39 AM
So finally the script writers with the WWE have figured it out. They've got Cena and Wade Barrett getting heated and they've got the other members of Nexxus turning their back on him. If they play this right, they can have him exiled and the remaining members becoming the next generation of DX. I believe that David Otunga has the presence to take them to the next level and the 3 remaining members could very easily have WWE fans saying, "DX Who?"

I'm still not sold on The Miz being WWE Champion. He's just not that great and he's always a little biatch. At least when HHH had the title as heal, he'd do some manly stuff that made you think at least he's not a complete cheat. Almost everything Miz has done has been behind the back and using his little valet Riley. I wonder what type of pictures The Miz must have to have had his bump to the top?

The WH
12-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Im telling you. its allll heat. If you listed the head heel heat gettings it's Miz, Michael Cole, Vicki Guerrero, and Nexus members. In that order. All the other heels get weak heat. Even heels they really work on (edge, Orton) get cheered.

Sheamus isn't over at all. Heīs another ''meh'' heel.

They need to get rid of the red head in Nexus and just have the Nexus be Otunga (who I think is lame, but thats besides the point), McGillicutty, Harris, and the 450 splash guy.

That brings me to something else......

I hate that wresters are just using their real names now a days. Makes it harder to remember for us old folk that grew up with the Big Boss Man, Repo Man, Road Dogg, The Mountie...etc..

stlrtruck
12-10-2010, 09:12 AM
I hate that wresters are just using their real names now a days. Makes it harder to remember for us old folk that grew up with the Big Boss Man, Repo Man, Road Dogg, The Mountie...etc..

You have to remember that back in the day, with the exception of a few like Hogan and Flair, their character names were owned by the wrestling company. That's why Kevin Nash can't be Diesel anymore, WWE owns the rights.

tube517
12-10-2010, 10:01 AM
There is no budding superstar in either promotion that has real mainstream appeal like Hogan had in the 80's and Austin/Rock had in the late 90's. Plus both rehash the same storylines and don't have any imagination.

stlrtruck
12-10-2010, 10:22 AM
There is no budding superstar in either promotion that has real mainstream appeal like Hogan had in the 80's and Austin/Rock had in the late 90's. Plus both rehash the same storylines and don't have any imagination.

I would say TNA has Matt Morgan, but his mic skills aren't that great. There's Anderson but his wrestling isn't as promotional as Austin/Rock. I guess the real problem is that the companies can't compete with each other. I mean WWE had Hogan (for the longest time) and WCW had Flair. Once that ended, it seemed to have gone south.

Even back then, the undercard wrestlers still had better talent and could sell the show. Now it's like they can't even muster a good PPV.

The WH
12-11-2010, 09:40 AM
You have to remember that back in the day, with the exception of a few like Hogan and Flair, their character names were owned by the wrestling company. That's why Kevin Nash can't be Diesel anymore, WWE owns the rights.
I know. I know. I still dont like it though.

stlrtruck
12-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I know. I know. I still dont like it though.

I don't either!

tube517
12-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Morgan doesn't seem to have a gimmick or catch phrase. Anderson is good on the mic and has potential, but I don't know if he has the mainstream appeal.

I would say TNA has Matt Morgan, but his mic skills aren't that great. There's Anderson but his wrestling isn't as promotional as Austin/Rock. I guess the real problem is that the companies can't compete with each other. I mean WWE had Hogan (for the longest time) and WCW had Flair. Once that ended, it seemed to have gone south.

Even back then, the undercard wrestlers still had better talent and could sell the show. Now it's like they can't even muster a good PPV.

stlrtruck
12-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Morgan doesn't seem to have a gimmick or catch phrase. Anderson is good on the mic and has potential, but I don't know if he has the mainstream appeal.

Anderson started having the mainstream appeal just before he left WWE. I don't think it's waivered much, but since he was absent for so long, he needs to get it back out there.

BuddhaBus
12-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Anderson started having the mainstream appeal just before he left WWE. I don't think it's waivered much, but since he was absent for so long, he needs to get it back out there.

He easily has the best mic skills of any current wrestler I can think of. He's an OK wrestler, but I'd like to see him concentrate on improving that aspect of his game.

stlrtruck
12-22-2010, 11:04 AM
He easily has the best mic skills of any current wrestler I can think of. He's an OK wrestler, but I'd like to see him concentrate on improving that aspect of his game.

They aren't using him appropriately in TNA for him to improve his wrestling skills. It'll be interesting to see what can be done with the roster they have on TNA.

BuddhaBus
12-22-2010, 11:06 AM
It'll be interesting to see what can be done with the roster they have on TNA.

As long as Hogan and Bischoff are in charge... not much.

The WH
12-22-2010, 12:53 PM
CM Punk is the best in the business on the mic.

stlrtruck
12-23-2010, 10:30 AM
CM Punk is the best in the business on the mic.

And that isn't saying much.

The WH
12-25-2010, 04:54 AM
And that isn't saying much.
I would put him up against the best mic men in wrestling. I just wish that he were around when Stone Cold was around. That story line writes itself.

stlrtruck
12-26-2010, 11:41 AM
The old schoolers would kill CM Punk on a mic challenge.

The WH
12-26-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't know man. Maybe with Punk as the face in the feud, but as a heel, heīs top 10 all time. Easily.

stlrtruck
12-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't know man. Maybe with Punk as the face in the feud, but as a heel, heīs top 10 all time. Easily.

As a heel, I think he's great. But as a face, he's no good.

The WH
12-27-2010, 02:05 AM
As a heel, I think he's great. But as a face, he's no good.
Same goes for John Morrison. Sheamus, however, would be an awesome face, fella!

stlrtruck
01-06-2011, 09:46 AM
WWE has lost it completely. Putting CM Punk in charge of Nexxus? I think they're going to try to make Wade a face now. Somehow I see them putting him and Cena together to destroy Nexxus. Other than that, the story lines are the same. I'm starting to see Miz as a decent champion. His mic skills are improving and his run of luck continues. Don't know how they'll write him off with Randy Orton.

TNA is getting old with Flair and the old man running the show. Their constant intervention in to other matches and overall complete domination with no face getting the edge is tiring. They don't have the roster to continue to run Fortune and Immortal. They need to play out the Dixie Carter stint quickly and get some talent in there to challenge Fortune.

KeiselPower99
01-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Anderson is the new TNA Champion. I cant wait to see how they use him. If TNA would lose the Immortal angle Id be alot happier.

The WH
01-12-2011, 02:27 AM
If TNA were to lost alot of things, I'd be alot happier.

Aussie_steeler
01-25-2011, 02:05 AM
A good trip down memory lane. Good story

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d81c8c1f6/Animal-and-the-Ram

Oooohhhh What a RUSH.

stlrtruck
01-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Dude awesome video....thanks!

The WH
01-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Ok, I feel the need to bitch about something. And I know it's the trendy thing to do about this person. Michael Cole.

So here's the deal. It is I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E to turn a play by play guy into a heel commentator. It just doesn't work that way. Case and point to keep this brief. At the beginning of the show you CAN'T have Michael Cole trying to get the TV crowd excited about John Cena, and then have him turning heel commentator in his match at the end of the night. Same goes for Orton. It doesn't work, it's not believable. I, and millions (and millions) of WWE watchers see it this way. Vince needs to just make up his mind. Either make Cole the number 2 guy in a 3 man booth, or bump king and make him the color guy in a 2 man booth.

this flip floppery has to go. It makes watching RAW more painful than it already is.

KeiselPower99
01-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Alberto Del Rio won the Rumble last night. Kevin Nash and Booker T both showed up in the match.