PDA

View Full Version : Harrison looking at another fine?

stillers4me
11-22-2010, 05:23 PM
November 22nd, 2010

The agent for James Harrison said he expects to hear Tuesday whether the Steelers outside linebacker has been fined a fourth time by the NFL this season.

Harrison has already accumulated $100,000 in fines for three separate plays, and he was flagged for roughing the passer in the Steelers’ 35-3 win against the Raiders.

His hit on Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell seemed downright tame compared to the ones that ultimately delivered pretty significant hits to the three-time Pro Bowler’s check book............

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/11/22/harrison-looking-at-another-fine/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Still, Bill Parise, who represents Harrison, is bracing for yet another fine.

stillers4me
11-22-2010, 05:24 PM
I find it amazing that the league named DPOY and now suddenly, he has no clue about how to play the game. :noidea:

steelpride12
11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Pst. Not even a surprise any fucking more. First off this would be the most pathetic fine speaking it should not have even been a penalty and should have led to an Ike pick 6.

tube517
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Harrison should just have his checking account have an "autopay" to the NFL every week. It will be a time saver.

kmsteelerwr15
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey, why not? Unfairly fining him has been the only consistent thing GoodFAIL has done

SteelerFanInStl
11-22-2010, 05:42 PM
James should be getting a check from the NFL this week for that bullshit call.

O'Malley
11-22-2010, 06:27 PM
The Rooney's need to step up and state in public that they will be picking up the tab for all fines from here on out. They hired these players to do excactly what they are doing. They will now be giving bonuses for hard hits that put players out of the game and they will play by there own set of rules now. If your going to be fined anyways might as well make it worth it. Since punching players in the jaw draws a 25k fine this will now be a "form tackle" for the Steelers.

SMR
11-22-2010, 06:30 PM
James should be getting a check from the NFL this week for that bullshit call.

I dunno if that "reverse psychology" method would work.

I could sure use a drink! :alcohol:

Psycho Ward 86
11-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry to intrude Stillers4me, but you have a little typo. Take the question mark off the title and you have it fixed

stillers4me
11-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Sorry to intrude Stillers4me, but you have a little typo. Take the question mark off the title and you have it fixed

The question mark is actually in the headline of the article.

Psycho Ward 86
11-22-2010, 06:50 PM
The question mark is actually in the headline of the article.

"Harrison looking at another fine"

That was supposed to be a reference to Harrison inevitably getting another fine, i know, it's a lame joke :chuckle:

steelerdude15
11-22-2010, 06:54 PM
I think that James needs to take this to court. I would, I would smash the NFL in it's face. At least we don't have to deal with this stuff in hockey.

HometownGal
11-22-2010, 06:57 PM
What I think we need to do as Steelers fans who love our guys is to take a stand and make a strong statement at the next Steelers home game. Get every Steelers fan we know and bring them with us to hold a huge rally in front of HF supporting Harrison and our Steelers and protesting the bullshit Goodell and the NFL has been pulling. You can bet Steelers fans going to the game will join us and I can even contact the local media to cover the event. This obvious conspiracy against the Steelers needs to stop and stop NOW. :mad2:

stillers4me
11-22-2010, 06:58 PM
"Harrison looking at another fine"

That was supposed to be a reference to Harrison inevitably getting another fine, i know, it's a lame joke :chuckle:

Now that you spelled it out..I get it. :chuckle:

BabyChelle
11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
DO IT! It is definitely a statement I would want to make ! With a pack mentality... we definitely can get something done!~

smokin3000gt
11-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Question: Harrison looking at another fine?
Answer: Fuck yes, he is.

Butch
11-22-2010, 08:11 PM
The main thing is to get the media involved otherwise Go To Hell Godel will not listen. Remember he is a puppet to the media and that is the only way you can convey a message to this butthole.

Akagi
11-22-2010, 10:30 PM
The Rooney's need to step up and state in public that they will be picking up the tab for all fines from here on out. They hired these players to do excactly what they are doing. They will now be giving bonuses for hard hits that put players out of the game and they will play by there own set of rules now. If your going to be fined anyways might as well make it worth it. Since punching players in the jaw draws a 25k fine this will now be a "form tackle" for the Steelers.

That's against NFL rules. Putting aside the bounties, which everyone knows are against NFL rules, it is also against the rules to change a player's compensation to cover the cost of disciplinary actions.

I'm not saying I don't agree that it's bullshit; it's bullshit. Just FYI.

X-Terminator
11-22-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck Harrison did wrong? That was as classic a "form tackle" as you can get, and if it were on anyone other than the QB, no one would give a shit. Even Dan Fouts didn't see anything wrong with it! It didn't even deserve a flag, much less a fine! If this doesn't convince anyone who doesn't believe the Steelers, and Harrison in particular, are being unfairly singled out, I don't know what else to say. And I don't want to hear that Goodell isn't making the final decision or that there are former players involved in making disciplinary decisions. Bullshit. How anyone can defend that fucking clown is beyond my ability to comprehend.

memphissteelergirl
11-22-2010, 11:31 PM
What I think we need to do as Steelers fans who love our guys is to take a stand and make a strong statement at the next Steelers home game. Get every Steelers fan we know and bring them with us to hold a huge rally in front of HF supporting Harrison and our Steelers and protesting the bullshit Goodell and the NFL has been pulling. You can bet Steelers fans going to the game will join us and I can even contact the local media to cover the event. This obvious conspiracy against the Steelers needs to stop and stop NOW. :mad2:

If I could fly up to the'Burgh and join you guys....I sure would!!

solardave
11-23-2010, 01:34 AM
The main thing is to get the media involved otherwise Go To Hell Godel will not listen. Remember he is a puppet to the media and that is the only way you can convey a message to this butthole.

I thiink the roles are reversed. The media is now a puppet to him. I wish the Rooneys,Maras, and some of the older classy franchises would call for his firing because that seems to be the only way to stop this idiot!!

SMR
11-23-2010, 03:57 PM
I thiink the roles are reversed. The media is now a puppet to him. I wish the Rooneys,Maras, and some of the older classy franchises would call for his firing because that seems to be the only way to stop this idiot!!

THAT would be a dream!!

Count Steeler
11-23-2010, 04:06 PM
If he gets a fine on this one, he has to appeal. There is no way he should get fined for a textbook takedown of a quarterback.

"full weight of his body", what a flippin moron. Referee? Referee? Who is that imposter?

LLT
11-23-2010, 04:32 PM

Unfortunately...Rooney threw his weight behind the hiring of Goodell

SMR
11-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately...Rooney threw his weight behind the hiring of Goodell

But.....he can repeal his support.

:sofunny: