PDA

View Full Version : Harrison angry again, complains about unfair NFL rules for defenders

stillers4me
11-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Nov 21, 2010
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers LB James Harrison found himself at a vexing loss after Sunday's 35-3 throttling of the Oakland Raiders.

The 2008 Defensive Player of the Year still doesn't know what is and isn't a legal hit after being called for his fifth personal foul this season when Harrison planted Raiders QB Jason Campbell in the Heinz Field turf as Campbell threw a third-quarter pass.

Not only did the ensuing 15-yard roughing-the-passer penalty wipe out cornerback Ike Taylor's apparent 16-yard, third-quarter INT return for a TD, it left Harrison's teammates feeling concern for him.

Harrison finished with five tackles, two sacks, an INT, a forced fumble and a cloud of doubt still hovering over him...............

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/11/steelers-james-harrison-angry-again-complains-about-unfair-nfl-rules-for-defenders/1?csp=34&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

polamalubeast
11-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I love James Harrison!:hug:

7SteelGal43
11-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I had the same thoughts as Harrison. It's like practically any hit is gonna be frowned upon by the Fuhrer.

Butch
11-21-2010, 08:29 PM
James I hope you know that we of Steeler Universe love what you do and want you to keep on doing it.

The call was one of the many bogus or even phantom calls those officials levied on us today. I hope the CBA addresses this before we start another season in the NFL.

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 08:31 PM
This is the kind of game that wins defensive player of the week. There should be no concern about fines nor suspensions, but Goodell and his creeps are clearly not interested in tough hard nosed football. I'm sure the black and gold will be visiting New York or least have a conference call with the Commish on Tuesday. BS all around.

86WARD
11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
He's got a point...that was a bullshit call...total bullshit.

ALLD
11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Completely bullshit call. Harrison is right and it is a calculated move to interfere with the Steelers. Bet on it. Bad news is that Harrison increased his fine by opening his mouth. There is definitely something going on behind the scenes and the Steelers are the focus of it. Could be a rift among the owners with the Steelers not in the camp who is behind some of the large market teams.

steelpride12
11-21-2010, 08:50 PM
It was bullshit and the Harrison is not the only one who thinks thats so getting in trouble for speaking his mind would once again be psycho! Good for Harrison to open his mouth and express his feelings toward the league. The players have to or no one will.

86WARD
11-21-2010, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrt4PJKhGXE

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2010, 09:09 PM
"I'm just going to play the game the way I've been taught to play and let the cards fall where they may.''

That is all I needed to hear. I got the feeling the last couple weeks we were holding back and being timid. It got us out hit and our played last week. Id rather we get fined for being the badest mother effers on the planet over losing every single time.

Devilsdancefloor
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Yu are not the nly one who is confused and angry james i think the nation is gonna stand behind you! go out and play steeler ball!!

SteelerFanInStl
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
He should be pissed. It was a textbook tackle that shouldn't have been flagged. Complete bullshit.

Butch
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Loved the explanation something about tackling with his full weight. What are you supposed to shed pounds when you wrap up and tackle a QB now???

tube517
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
No, Goodell wants the LB's to stand up straight, hug the QB and say "Have a nice day"

Loved the explanation something about tackling with his full weight. What are you supposed to shed pounds when you wrap up and tackle a QB now???

SteelerFanInStl
11-21-2010, 09:40 PM
No, Goodell wants the LB's to stand up straight, hug the QB and say "Have a nice day"

But if you're the same height as the QB and your facemask touches theirs, you'll get hit with a penalty. You have to bow when approaching a QB.

tube517
11-21-2010, 10:00 PM
But if the QB bows and the defensive player bows, it will be helmet to helmet. They better just turn their head away and injure themselves while hugging the QB

But if you're the same height as the QB and your facemask touches theirs, you'll get hit with a penalty. You have to bow when approaching a QB.

Craic
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM

No, when the QB doesn't have the ball, the player is not supposed to drive the QB into the ground. Instead, he is supposed to release him as they fall. Here, the rule makes complete sense. It was just a COMPLETELY WRONG CALL by the refs. You know, I have ALWAYS tried to avoid the "Conspiracy Theories" concerning refs and the Steelers.

However, after today, I am officially on that bandwagon. I think that the refs hear from on high, "be aware of these players, and make sure you call these types of penalties".

Steeltreal
11-21-2010, 11:08 PM
The explanation the refs give are pointless too.
"He put his whole body weight on him"

Hampton better not tackle anyone period.

fansince'76
11-21-2010, 11:12 PM

The 15-yarder on Woodley where Woodley CLEARLY pulled up and CLEARLY tried to avoid hitting Campbell was complete BS as well.

tube517
11-21-2010, 11:12 PM
(This is for Buddha or any other wrestling fans) They should not put any body weight but they are allowed the Finger Poke of Doom!

kmsteelerwr15
11-21-2010, 11:49 PM
(This is for Buddha or any other wrestling fans) They should not put any body weight but they are allowed the Finger Poke of Doom!

:rofl2:

7SteelGal43
11-22-2010, 11:21 AM
The more I think about it, the more I am pissed about that bullcrap call on Harrisons tackle of the Raiders QB yesterday. How many times have you seen tackles just like that with no flag (and rightly so). It wasn't "roughing the QB", it was a tackle of the QB. I've been taking it all in these last several weeks but yesterdays game just made it abundantly clear. It looks as though the NFL is cracking down on the Steelers, almost with a personal vendetta. I don't have my Sunday Ticket this year so I havn't had opportunity to see a lot of other games, so I'm curious. Has anyone noticed any other teams being targeted ? Other than a couple helmet to helmet calls in other games ? Have any other teams had textbook and legal tackles draw flags or fines the way many Steelers plays seem to ?

Craic
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
The 15-yarder on Woodley where Woodley CLEARLY pulled up and CLEARLY tried to avoid hitting Campbell was complete BS as well.

Yep. I really was shaking my head at that one. Its like they expect the players to stop on a dime.

steeldevil
11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Total BS....

st33lersguy
11-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Adolf Goodell's Response: For dare criticizing me and my awesome policy you will be fined $100,000, in addition you will be flagged $75,000 more for your uncalled for late hit on Sunday

BuddhaBus
11-22-2010, 03:22 PM

:toofunny: Personally, I think these NFL QBs need to learn how to sell a good hit without any real contact. Maybe if they were trained by "Nature Boy" Ric Flair on how to properly "work" a game, there wouldn't be so many injuries in football. I'd love to see Peyton Manning take a phantom shot from James Harrison and face-flop on the field. Or how about a little roll-up leg-hook pin for the 1-2-3 for a sack? Remember, kids, these are trained professionals... do NOT try this at home!

LLT
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
He's got a point...that was a bullshit call...total bullshit.

http://onesportvoice.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/referee-blow-whistle_istock_000002839657xsmall.jpg

Personal Foul #92. Failure to levitate. 15 yards.

Raleigh Steel
11-22-2010, 03:56 PM

BUTCH, james needed to go on Atkins the moment he made contact with campbell.

Count Steeler
11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm hoping this game starts turning some heads around the NFL and they start realizing what bullshit is coming out of the Commish's mouth. He is clearly in over his head now and he does not know how to solve the problem he created. I sense a backlash coming, that will hopefully sweep the Commish out on his sorry ass.

Is that the best you got Commish, turn the attention on to the condition of Heinz field? You are treading water and you are getting tired. You are about to drown.

Raleigh Steel
11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
not to mention ryan clark's "helmet-to-helmet" hit. it would have been more appropriate if it was called "shoulder-to-kidney" but why should that have mattered.

fansince'76
11-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Wonder if Goodell will have another sit down with James to basically tell him "tough shit - defensive players need to be able to defy the laws of physics or be fined/suspended" again? :coffee:

7SteelGal43
11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
not to mention ryan clark's "helmet-to-helmet" hit. it would have been more appropriate if it was called "shoulder-to-kidney" but why should that have mattered.

yeah, if the guy was wearing his helmet on his a**

beSteelmyheart
11-22-2010, 05:13 PM
I was able to watch this game on regular TV down here in Fla. & I was absolutely LIVID. Even the announcers were saying how one sided the penalty calls were & not agreeing with some of them!! I mean, come on IT'S BECOME SO F*ING OBVIOUS WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!! To add insult to injury, they took the f*ing game off with 12 mins to go, at 10 till 4 to switch it over to the Jets game!! God forbid they don't play those showboaters on TV for a weekend, claiming to switch over to a more competitive game...Who cares about the goddamned Jets?????
But on a good note, our guys were pissed, they were playing angry & kicking ass & it was great to watch.

ALLD
11-22-2010, 05:53 PM
The media claims that Ryan Clark "led with his helmet." I guess it doesn't matter that there was no h2h contact. I don;t think some of these announcers even listen to the words coming out of their mouths. They are just piling on in a feeding frenzy, spinning anything.

SMR
11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
yeah, if the guy was wearing his helmet on his a**

:rofl2:

Exactly.

O'Malley
11-22-2010, 06:28 PM
I was able to watch this game on regular TV down here in Fla. & I was absolutely LIVID. Even the announcers were saying how one sided the penalty calls were & not agreeing with some of them!! I mean, come on IT'S BECOME SO F*ING OBVIOUS WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!! To add insult to injury, they took the f*ing game off with 12 mins to go, at 10 till 4 to switch it over to the Jets game!! God forbid they don't play those showboaters on TV for a weekend, claiming to switch over to a more competitive game...Who cares about the goddamned Jets?????
But on a good note, our guys were pissed, they were playing angry & kicking ass & it was great to watch.

They did the same thing on the west coast. They said they were going to a more competative game.

O'Malley
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM

Yet the Giants have knocked out 5 Qb's by driving them in to the turf...................I don't get it.

SMR
11-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Yet the Giants have knocked out 5 Qb's by driving them in to the turf...................I don't get it.

You don't get it? Were the G-Men wearing black n' gold? That's your answer right there.