PDA

View Full Version : NFL fines Steelers for winning

stillers4me
11-21-2010, 06:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/sarcasm2.gif?t=1290386070

In an unprecedented move, the NFL has fined the Pittsburgh Steelers for winning. The Steelers’ 35-3 victory over the Oakland Raiders drew a $500,000 fine from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

“I believe that parity is good for the game of football. The Steelers just don’t seem to understand that. This fine should send a very loud message to the Steelers organization; stop winning so much”.

Goodell expounded further on his vision for the NFL by stating, “I believe in a kinder, gentler NFL. That’s why I keep fining the Steelers’ players. Their brand of football is just too physical.”.................

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=7621

Psycho Ward 86
11-21-2010, 06:58 PM
1) “I was please by the referees’ performance”, said Goodell. “I believe that teams need to be more evenly matched. When one team is much better than the other team, it hurts the lesser team’s self-esteem. At least that’s what my therapist tells me”.

2) Wide receiver Mike Wallace was issued a $50,000 fine for scoring a 52 yard touchdown in the 4th quarter.

“That kid’s just too fast. It’s not fair”, said Roger Goodell. “Besides, the Steelers were already leading by 18 points. Was it necessary for them to score again? They are going to have to learn to consider their opponents’ feelings. Perhaps this fine will give Mike Wallace something to think about. I’ll bet he’ll run slower next time”.

3) When asked about Harrison’s fine, Roger Goodell replied, “That guy’s just got too much fire in his belly. He needs to be cooled off. Would it hurt him to give his opponents an occasional hug? He’s such a meanie. I’m going to keep fining him until he learns to be nice to the other teams”.

:rofl2:

memphissteelergirl
11-21-2010, 07:41 PM
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Butch
11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Sad thing is we were fined last week for losing while the cheatriots got nothing for the cheap shot on Hines. Even though this is sarcasm there is a bit of reality to it as well.

They are already spinning the hit by seymore on NFL night in America saying that he's not a dirty player blah blah blah. He may not have the history but the shot was cheap and pathetic and unless it is as big as Harrison's biggest fine it will make another mockery of justice.

ALLD
11-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Sad thing is we were fined last week for losing while the cheatriots got nothing for the cheap shot on Hines. Even though this is sarcasm there is a bit of reality to it as well.

They are already spinning the hit by seymore on NFL night in America saying that he's not a dirty player blah blah blah. He may not have the history but the shot was cheap and pathetic and unless it is as big as Harrison's biggest fine it will make another mockery of justice.

Looks like the Steelers were set up for big fines by throwing excessive flags. If the refs saw it then....

There is a definite pecking order in the NFL with the Cheats at the top. It enables them to play more loosely knowing they can be bailed out by the next best subsitute for a video camera, the refs. Even the Colts are subordinate to them. I did however see little brother Manning receive all kinds of pass protection against the Eagles due to severe uncalled holding. In addition, the Giants were hitting Vick late and not getting flagged and teeing off on Eagle receivers out of bounds and not getting flagged.

Looks like the playoff teams are being hand selected for best ratings.