PDA

View Full Version : 2008 - Most memorable plays

Steelerchad
06-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Obviously the Superbowl game had 2 of the greatest plays of all time. Those plays will go down in history and we'll see them every year multiple times in the days leading up to the SuperBowl.

For me, the one play that sticks out during the regular season was Deshea's pick6 of Romo inside of 2 minutes to win the Dallas game.
That was a magical comeback win and I'll never forget watching the replay and hearing Romo ask James Harrison if the Steelers were seriously calling a timeout after we stopped them on 1st down. Like he was surprised our D thought we could stop them and get the ball back with so little time. Then he comes back on the field and throws the INT just seconds later.

steelpride12
06-05-2010, 08:38 AM
One of my many favorites from that season was Polumalu's Interception on Rivers against the Chargers in December where I truly think no other athlete could have made that INT!

Steelerchad
06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks Pride,
That was an incredible play. I didn't believe he caught it until the slow motion replay. When you see it full speed you just assume it had to have hit the ground because you watch so many plays at full speed thinking the guy caught it, only to watch the slow mo and see the nose of the ball touched the ground.
How he got his hand under that ball and kept it controlled is amazing.

venom
06-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Mine will be vs the Chargers in the playoffs. The Chargers scored on their first poss. rather easliy . Then later in the quarter , Holmes ran back a punt 67 yards to the endzone which tied the game at 7-7 . Holmes = great player !!!
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/73130/Holmes_vs._chargers.jpg

polamalubeast
06-05-2010, 09:55 AM
AFC Champ. Can't-Miss Play: Holmes 65-yard TD

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009011801/2008/POST20/ravens@steelers/watch

venom
06-05-2010, 09:56 AM
If I can have another one , Troys interception to seal the win vs the Ravens in the AFC Championship !!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/SzDMGFSJdhI/AAAAAAAAZ-U/cSmR6-4QYzc/s400/troy-polamalu.jpg

venom
06-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey polamalubeast, I beat you by the same moment by 2 minutes , lol

solardave
06-05-2010, 10:24 AM
One of my many favorites from that season was Polumalu's Interception on Rivers against the Chargers in December where I truly think no other athlete could have made that INT!

I'm with you. That was the play of the year IMHO.

steelpride12
06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I also agree on the Holmes TD versus the Chargers in the AFC Divisional Round, I was at that game and wow the crowd went absolutely nuts amazing play!

Prok
06-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Hmmm. Can i give a sequence ??
I remember the game at Baltimore and it was late 3rd quarter i believe. Ray Lewis blitzed and Ben was trying to scramble but ray forced the fumble and the rats recovered in our territory.

I thought dammit there goes our momentum, surely the rats will get at least a FG....

But our defense was playing at such a high level they actually shut down a running play or two PLUS sacked Flacco for a loss IIRC.

I felt it was a crucial moment in that game and VERY instrumental in the win. I remember feeling damn our defense is playing GREAT.

Definately one of the moments I was extremely proud of our defense. Stuff like that seems to stick with me.

Psycho Ward 86
06-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Omg yes! If he didnt trip over his own blocker and took it to the house, that's got to be up there with the greatest plays of ALL FREAKIN' TIME

I remember i scoffed when Troy was running it back because i thought it so obviously had hit the ground. Boy do i need to learn not to underestimate #43

steelpride12
06-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Omg yes! If he didnt trip over his own blocker and took it to the house, that's got to be up there with the greatest plays of ALL FREAKIN' TIME

I remember i scoffed when Troy was running it back because i thought it so obviously had hit the ground. Boy do i need to learn not to underestimate #43
Agreed. Anytime anyone doubt's Troy or says someone is better than him I just show them that very same play! Same here. My family all looked away like oh well Troy nice try until Pompeani screamed "it's an INT"!

vasteeler
06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
like a lot of you....troys pic

tyler289
06-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Holmes' punt return in the playoff game vs. San Diego, if only because it was my first live Steelers game and I'll never forget it.

So many great moments, though.

tony hipchest
06-05-2010, 09:30 PM
One of my many favorites from that season was Polumalu's Interception on Rivers against the Chargers in December where I truly think no other athlete could have made that INT!thats probably my favorite play of the year.

unfortunately the other amazing play that gets lost in the shuffle was troy breaking up that lateral, picking it up and running it into the endzone to put it away.

since it was mistakenly called back and ruled an incomplete pass, it never makes the highlight reels

Devilsdancefloor
06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
i know it isnt just a play , but going to the * house and kicking their ass.

steeldevil
06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
one of my favorites was the first ravens game that year when, right after scoring a TD on offense, Harrison sacked Flacco and Woodley ran the fumble back for a TD. 14 points in like 20 seconds.

steelpride12
06-05-2010, 10:11 PM
thats probably my favorite play of the year.

unfortunately the other amazing play that gets lost in the shuffle was troy breaking up that lateral, picking it up and running it into the endzone to put it away.

since it was mistakenly called back and ruled an incomplete pass, it never makes the highlight reels
Oh wait don't forget the 2005 AFC Divisional Round against the Colts, Troy was also robbed of an INT there.

BigNastyDefense
06-05-2010, 10:25 PM
The first game against the Ravens that year, the Rats had the momentum until Harrison strip-sacked Flacco and Woodley ran it back for a touchdown. That was the play that turned the game around and gave the Steelers the momentum.

Also when Ryan Clark hit Wes Welker so hard he wouldn't come back into the game. I loved beating the Cheats into submission in their own house. If Bellicheat could have thrown the towel in, he would have. We stomped them.

Steelerchad
06-05-2010, 11:46 PM
There was another one that nobody said. At the Ravens. They held us all game our O did nothing until the last 3 minute drive. 92 yards later, Ben classic scramble only to find Santonio on the goalline. Reviewed forever, then TD. I was there and the place was PO'ed. Lots of angry Baltimorons.

I hate to say it but I miss Santonio already. If only he could have kept himself clean. He was a heck of a playmaker. Big play guys are few and far between.

tube517
06-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Don't forget Ryan Clark's bone crushing hits on Wes Welker in the rainy Pats game and on McGahee in the AFCC game.

Also in the first Ravens game, when Mewelde Moore stepped up and made a key 3rd and long conversion. I thought, wow, they really know how to scout those free agents that no one knows or even cares about.

steelerdude15
06-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm gonna go with Polamalu's interception in the AFCC game.

Psycho Ward 86
06-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Also in the first Ravens game, when Mewelde Moore stepped up and made a key 3rd and long conversion. I thought, wow, they really know how to scout those free agents that no one knows or even cares about.

Loved the crazy dance at that play lol. Somehow i managed to smile even during such a heartpounding drive.

tube517
06-06-2010, 10:57 PM
I was in the break room at my office and my co-workers were telling me to keep it down while I whooped and hollered.

Loved the crazy dance at that play lol. Somehow i managed to smile even during such a heartpounding drive.

solardave
06-07-2010, 05:34 PM

His int in the AFCCG rocked the house. Not many DBs would have made that one either let alone take it to the house.

Indo
06-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I can't pick just one--so here are several

Troy's INT of Rivers

Troy's INT in the AFCCG

Troy---jumped over the line to sack Flacco

Clark---slammed McGehee into the next Galaxy

(If I HAVE to pick only one, it would be Troy's INT in the AFCCG----we all took a deep breath and realized that we were going to the Big Dance!)

Psycho Ward 86
06-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Troy---jumped over the line to sack Flacco

https://ssl.post-gazette.com/store/photos/large/Polamalu%20tackle%20WM.jpg

Rofl, that was just about the point of that game where we all knew the Ravens did not want to play.

polamalubeast
06-07-2010, 06:53 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/SXUXCsxqNlI/AAAAAAAAU4I/b6EGXl8wTlg/s400/untitled2.bmp

http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lamar-woodley-257x300.jpg

http://www.xflmvp.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/drop.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/SXUWqGW8rQI/AAAAAAAAU34/FdTBLQ8FtJY/s400/corey-ivy-limas-sweed.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/keMMWMfutNU/0.jpg