PDA

View Full Version : Pocono

Galax Steeler
06-05-2010, 04:34 AM
I really love this track it is usually a good race the only thing I don't like about it is that EARS in on the poll. HTG got me to saying that.:chuckle:

Killer
06-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Not a track I like - kinda boring, although the double file restarts will help.

Looks like rain for sunday.

tony hipchest
06-05-2010, 09:04 PM
my favorite pocono race was jeremy mayfields 1st win, pushing earnhardt sr. out of the way in the last turn.

kurt usually kicks ass here. go ears. go beers in victory lane w/ no rain.

Galax Steeler
06-06-2010, 06:46 AM
my favorite pocono race was jeremy mayfields 1st win, pushing earnhardt sr. out of the way in the last turn.

kurt usually kicks ass here. go ears. go beers in victory lane w/ no rain.

That was a good race the only thing I didn't like was the bragging mayfield did after the race.

tony hipchest
06-06-2010, 12:18 PM
That was a good race the only thing I didn't like was the bragging mayfield did after the race.lol. when you dump the intimidator, you gotta do something (besides meth, of course).

i agree with killer, that pocono has a tendency to get too spread out and kinda boring (like an indycar race).

on the flipside is the busch race in nashville on saturday nights. i like that track. kind of a shame cup doesnt go there.

bad brad keselowski stunk it up and won him a gee-tar.

tony hipchest
06-06-2010, 12:34 PM
crap.

seconds away from the green flag and the rain comes.

*sigh* i guess i will do payroll and write employee reports.

it sucks working on a sunday instead of watching the race.

Killer
06-06-2010, 06:09 PM
wake up - it's over!

ha ha

Logano: "Harvick's wife wears the firesuit in his family, she tells him what to do."

MasterOfPuppets
06-06-2010, 06:43 PM
i always found the pocono's to be one of the more boring tracks. usually there's several seconds between the top finishers.

Dodt
06-06-2010, 08:06 PM
makes me wish the commonwealth had a second track( a road coarse)

tony hipchest
06-06-2010, 08:59 PM
it was a good race today w/ some nice 3-4 wide racing (even through the corners). hornish jr. looked like he might get his 1st win and faded. still a good run fro him up front though. hellacious wreck with kahne with about a lap to go is worth seeng again on highlights. but it seems like hamlin now owns pocono as well.

it was pretty interesting and funny to see logano take of his kiddie fire suit and put on the big boy fire suit. i thought it was gonna come to blows. kasey didnt have kind words to say about his team mate either. sound like he cant wait to get out of there.

steel9guy
06-06-2010, 11:12 PM
That ending sucked. All day Kasey was running good then that happened.

Galax Steeler
06-07-2010, 03:47 AM
That ending sucked. All day Kasey was running good then that happened.

That was a wild wreck he was in there at the end almost went over the wall.

Killer
06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
final results got re-shuffled

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2010/14/data/results_official.html

17th?

Oh well, no big deal - it's still better than getting caught up in the big crash, which was the only reason we got inside the top 20 anyway.
Matt was pissed over the pit calls that screwed us.

glad that mess of boring is over

On to Meechigan!

steel9guy
06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I wish they'd take a date from pocono or california and give it back to Darlington.

suitanim
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Michigan and Pocono don't deserve two races...boring tracks. Although the drivers like them, so....

Killer
06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
What's that?

When is Danica coming back, you ask?

The June 20 race in Iowa will start a four-weekend span for Patrick when she will alternate between IndyCar and NASCAR.

She resumes her Nationwide schedule June 26 at New Hampshire, spends July 4 in an IndyCar at Watkins Glen and then goes to Chicago for another stock car race.

In all, Patrick is set to run four NASCAR races this summer while also completing the rest of the IndyCar schedule.

After the Indy season finale Oct. 2, Patrick will then run the final six Nationwide races of the season, giving her 13 NASCAR races this year.

http://www.thatsracin.com/2010/06/04/37420/patrick-looks-forward-to-double.html#ixzz0qBnT0c8y

steel9guy
06-07-2010, 10:20 PM
If Danica is going to make a serious run at Nascar, she's going to have to give up Indy for a while and adjust to stockcars. none of the other "modern day" indy drivers except Juan Montoya have had any success in Nascar to this point.

Galax Steeler
06-08-2010, 03:24 AM
Michigan and Pocono don't deserve two races...boring tracks. Although the drivers like them, so....

I hope they don't take one from Pocono. I wouldn't care if they took one from Michigan though.

steel9guy
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Honestly I wish they'd take one from california since the place is always empty. Give Darlington a date back please. Thats a great track.

Galax Steeler
06-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Honestly I wish they'd take one from california since the place is always empty. Give Darlington a date back please. Thats a great track.

I don't like California either it is a boring race and there is never no wrecks just every now and then.