PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown at PR

Merchant
11-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Wow. What a pleasant change from ARE. Kid looked good back there, real good. Took it to the house but it was called back obviously. He is FAST. I'd like to see a race between him, Wallace, and Chris Johnson.

BPS3akaWirels3
11-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Brown needs to be doing more of the returns... Agreed..

tube517
11-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Yes...a 3.0 PR avg and 100 fair catches are not cutting it.

kmsteelerwr15
11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
He better be in there for the rest of the season

Psycho Ward 86
11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Why did we put ARE back there again near the end of the game? Dont want to run up the score with a punt return TD perhaps? lol

Texasteel
11-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Who got sat down to play both Sanders, and Brown?

Polamalu Princess
11-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Brown looks good. I would like to see more of him in the future.

tube517
11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Will Allen or Crezdon Butler??? Not sure.

Who got sat down to play both Sanders, and Brown?

HollywoodSteel
11-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Will Allen or Crezdon Butler??? Not sure.

I know Will Allen didn't dress today. Still recovering from that concussion.

stillers4me
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Must've been Butler because I think Allen is still recovering from the concussion.

tube517
11-21-2010, 04:18 PM
They were both inactive but if Will was cleared to play, would we have seen Brown?

I know Will Allen didn't dress today. Still recovering from that concussion.

HollywoodSteel
11-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Why did we put ARE back there again near the end of the game? Dont want to run up the score with a punt return TD perhaps? lol

Because ARE can fair-catch like nobody's business.

HollywoodSteel
11-21-2010, 04:21 PM
They were both inactive but if Will was cleared to play, would we have seen Brown?

Probably not. But I wouldn't mind dressing Brown instead of ARE. Sanders has proved himself as a legit #3, and I wouldn't mind Brown taking returns as well as being the #4.

SteelerFanInStl
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
It was good to see him back there today. The kid's just flat out dangerous. He and Sanders both should be dressing every game. ARE can walk the sideline for all I care.

Psycho Ward 86
11-21-2010, 04:32 PM

:rofl2:

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Glad to see Sanders and Brown both dressed. I had hoped it would happen this season. Also hope it continues. What an exciting combo to add to our kick return teams. Imagine when they learn to run some routes as well.

LLT
11-21-2010, 04:54 PM
PITTSBURGH STEELERS INACTIVES

1. #26 Will Allen, S

2. #27 Jonathan Dwyer, RB

3. #28 Crezdon Butler, CB

4. #61 Chris Scott, OT

5. #66 Tony Hills, OT

6. #91 Aaron Smith, DE

7. #99 Brett Keisel, DE

8. (3rd QB) #16 Charlie Batch

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
We might not be able to let any O liners be inactive from here on. We are taking a beating on our O line and thankfully they are still playing pretty well.

tube517
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM
I think Sanders has taken over the #3 WR spot, according to Bouchette. But I cannot read his blog in that PG+ Section because it requires a paid subscription. The headline said it but I can't read anything else.

Glad to see Sanders and Brown both dressed. I had hoped it would happen this season. Also hope it continues. What an exciting combo to add to our kick return teams. Imagine when they learn to run some routes as well.

86WARD
11-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Brown AND Sanders should be active every week and if ARE needs to sit, Tomlin's gotta make that call...if not, he's hurting the team...

Psycho Ward 86
11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
I think Sanders has taken over the #3 WR spot, according to Bouchette. But I cannot read his blog in that PG+ Section because it requires a paid subscription. The headline said it but I can't read anything else.

Mike Tomlin said otherwise after the game.

tube517
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I saw that too but I didn't really see ARE out there today.

Mike Tomlin said otherwise after the game.

Devilsdancefloor
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
i like it! he is explosive and doesnt dance makes his cut and runs! I hope he isin the game next week as well sanders looked good as well laid out for the td catch

Craic
11-21-2010, 09:30 PM
All things being the same, I can see next years' WR core looking like this:

1. Hines Ward
2. Mike Wallace
3. Immanuel Sanders
4. Antonio Brown
5. ARE/Sweed. Sweed is on IR this year, and will get next year to prove himself. If he does, ARE is released or traded. If not, Sweed is released.

Psycho Ward 86
11-21-2010, 10:35 PM
All things being the same, I can see next years' WR core looking like this:

1. Hines Ward
2. Mike Wallace
3. Immanuel Sanders
4. Antonio Brown
5. ARE/Sweed. Sweed is on IR this year, and will get next year to prove himself. If he does, ARE is released or traded. If not, Sweed is released.

That's exciting! All undersized, but extremely scrappy S.O.B's. Looks like Hines Ward's violent legacy will live on!

Craic
11-21-2010, 11:10 PM
That's exciting! All undersized, but extremely scrappy S.O.B's. Looks like Hines Ward's violent legacy will live on!

Yeah, though if Sweed does come through, I wouldn't call 6'4 220 pounds undersized. :wink02:

Merchant
11-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Oh sh1t. Almost forgot about ol' Sweedy boy.

7willBheaven
11-22-2010, 12:58 AM
I liked it! He even caught a pass and was in there on a number of plays too. However once Allen comes back...i would not dress Battle...I'd rather keep ARE dressed (not that I dont trust the young guys...but if Ward went down again...eh I'd just rather have him there). Battle is pretty much strictly ST...i think he's only seen a few plays on the O...even today I think they had the other 5 WRs in instead of Battle. I think Brown/Sanders can do his ST job just as good. Now I'm not hating on Battle...he's dont what he was brought here to do...but we need these others guys that can be game changers in there!

Galax Steeler
11-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Brown looked good back at least he would try to make a return. I saw Punts that I think ARE would have made a fair catch I like what I am seeing from Sanders and Brown.

steeldevil
11-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Looked a hell of a lot better than ARE back there

GodfatherofSoul
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM

ARE is probably back there for ball security, not for his return skills.

LLT
11-22-2010, 11:57 AM

YIKES!!!!

I dont think ARE has a very good history in regards to "ball security"

SteelMember
11-22-2010, 01:09 PM

Ed: Sanders Moves Up to No. 3 Sunday, 21 November 2010 14:04 Written by Ed Bouchette (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/106495-ed-sanders-moves-up-to-no-3)

Mike Tomlin once promised changes and then never made them, this before the Steelers played their disastrous game at Cleveland last season.

This week, he promised no changes but made at least two of them --- rookie Emmanuel Sanders has risen to No. 3 receiver and Ramoon Foster, as noted earlier, started at right guard instead of Trai Essex.

Antwaan Randle El has not yet played at wide receiver today and both Sanders and fellow rookie Antonio Brown have. That’s another change that Tomlin made, dressing both rookie wide receivers for the same game for the first time.

Sanders, though, is clearly No. 3 today and Randle El is, maybe, No. 5. Randle El has been a disappointment at wide receiver. The one time he was on the field, he lined up in the backfield, took the snap and pitched it to Ben Roethlisberger who threw incomplete. Sanders already has had three passes thrown his way and caught one. He should have caught another deep one but did not look like the old No. 88 (Lynn Swann) when he dropped it.

This was Ed just talking about yesterdays game. The next game could obviously be different if Allen is healthy.

tube517
11-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks for posting this. I wanted to read it but I'm too cheap to pay for Douchette's blog. I hope they somehow keep Brown and Sanders both in there or at least one of them at #3 for El because nobody respects El in the passing game.

Ed: Sanders Moves Up to No. 3 Sunday, 21 November 2010 14:04 Written by Ed Bouchette

This was Ed just talking about yesterdays game. The next game could obviously be different if Allen is healthy.

SteelMember
11-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks for posting this. I wanted to read it but I'm too cheap to pay for Douchette's blog. I hope they somehow keep Brown and Sanders both in there or at least one of them at #3 for El because nobody respects El in the passing game.

No problem. I was interested too after you brought it up. They will usually let you look at a few pages before the "register" page comes up. Although, it is the internet, and sometimes there's ways around the paid content issue... Just remember Google is you friend. :wink02:

Iron Steeler
11-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, though if Sweed does come through, I wouldn't call 6'4 220 pounds undersized. :wink02:

I was excited for Sweed this year. Its a shame that he got injured because you heard nothing but good things prior to the pre season. He could be the Ace in the hole. And he the adversity that he faced so far and try to use it as motivation you could see another star on the Steeler WR Depth chart. Im sure Limas has a huge chip on his shoulder. I really hope we keep him around...

Count Steeler
11-22-2010, 04:21 PM
I was excited for Sweed this year. Its a shame that he got injured because you heard nothing but good things prior to the pre season. He could be the Ace in the hole. And he the adversity that he faced so far and try to use it as motivation you could see another star on the Steeler WR Depth chart. Im sure Limas has a huge chip on his shoulder. I really hope we keep him around...

I don't think they would have used 2 draft picks at WR this year if Sweed was in their future plans. I somehow doubt we will ever see Sweed in the Black and Gold again. Unless he becomes a corner, then neither corner can catch a ball. Just kidding Ike, I love ya and the pick six was yours yesterday, if it wasn't for those incompetent refs.

tube517
11-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Hines is old. He can't play forever. ARE has bricks in his shoes so I don't know if he'll last. Arnaz Battle is the Tomlin version of Sean Morey. That leaves the young trio. I'm not saying Sweed will be guaranteed any spot but I hope he gets a shot in training camp.

I don't think they would have used 2 draft picks at WR this year if Sweed was in their future plans. I somehow doubt we will ever see Sweed in the Black and Gold again. Unless he becomes a corner, then neither corner can catch a ball. Just kidding Ike, I love ya and the pick six was yours yesterday, if it wasn't for those incompetent refs.

zulater
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
PITTSBURGH STEELERS INACTIVES

1. #26 Will Allen, S

2. #27 Jonathan Dwyer, RB

3. #28 Crezdon Butler, CB

4. #61 Chris Scott, OT

5. #66 Tony Hills, OT

6. #91 Aaron Smith, DE

7. #99 Brett Keisel, DE

8. (3rd QB) #16 Charlie Batch

Isn't it great that we cut this year's number 4 pick Thaddeus Gibson so we could keep Tony Hill safe?! :frusty:

The worst thing is Thaddeus missed most of the OTA's because coming from OSU, which doesn't do finals until May, their players are ineligible to participate by league rules unless they've already graduated. Anyway young players often have their greatest growth from their rookie season to their second season, so it really pisses me off that we kept useless Tony Hill, who can't even find his way on the active roster after a hand grenade takes out most of his OL breathren at the expense of Gibson!

:focus:

Antonio Brown is a genuine weapon, I can't see any reason that he shouldn't be activated and play every game from here on out. :yup:

SMR
11-22-2010, 06:14 PM
I sure dig Downtown Brown, but the Steelers need to KEEP both Brown and Sanders in the games, consistently.

Psycho Ward 86
11-22-2010, 06:41 PM

If you need to put someone in the back primarily for ball security....you have one sad sack of crap of return men. And for the record, he's already muffed two punts

Galax Steeler
11-22-2010, 07:34 PM
I sure dig Downtown Brown, but the Steelers need to KEEP both Brown and Sanders in the games, consistently.

Amen brother hopefully they will not let ARE back on the field unless it is an emergency.

zulater
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Amen brother hopefully they will not let ARE back on the field unless it is an emergency.

What, does he do CPR or something? 'cause other than that I can't think of an emergency big enough to put him back on a punt return again. :chuckle: