PDA

View Full Version : Tony Corrente

Mtn.Steel
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I swear that I have never seen a game where it was soooo clear that a fix was in. Tony either got paid off or was threatened to wear cement shoes if the Raiders lost. Even the announcers were amazed. The "picking a man off the pile" was beyond ridiculous! the PF on Clarks tackle...BS. The roughing the passer (twice) both were BS. Even my wife was like "what is that guys problem.

Mtn.Steel
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Oh, and I forgot to say that I hope he slips on some ice, blows his knee and can NEVER officiate a game again in his life...and I hope his wife cheats on him....and his dog runs away....and his daughter gets pregnant by a homeless crackhead...and he has a flat tire on the way home!

fansince'76
11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
....I hope his wife cheats on him....and his dog runs away....and his daughter gets pregnant by a homeless crackhead...and he has a flat tire on the way home!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Burghfan58
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Did you hear the Corrente sucks chant. I hope the NFL and Goodell where happy with that display of psychotic officiating.

Edman
B-But! DEM STEELERS PAY OFF TEH REFS!

kmsteelerwr15
Personally, my favorite was that Harrison hit him with his full weight

hotrodder07
11-21-2010, 03:36 PM
I was waiting for someone to make this thread. It really appeared that the fix was in. I mean, it seemed like half of our penalties were for nothing at all. The pass interferences, picking a man off of the pile, unnecessary roughness....all ridiculous. And that last roughing the passer for, and I quote, "landing with his full body weight" on Gradkowski took away a touchdown. Seriously? You can't land with your full body weight? Come on...

Merchant
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
When the pick-6 got negated by Harrison's penalty i was LOSINGGG ITT.. Worst officiating I have EVERRR seen. I'm not even exaggerating.

Acumen
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Penalties:

On Clark - For hitting helmet into ribs of a receiver
On Taylor - For keeping in stride with a receiver
On Harrison - For not being able to break the laws of forward momentum
On ??? - For physically existing near the pile and wearing a black jersey

And when Seymour gets his comeuppance from the league, who wants to bet it"ll be one quarter the punishment of what Debo would get for the exact same action. This was some straight-up Donaghy officiating. It was a nice little ode to Cee Lo that we still overcame a team record for penalty yards and absolutely decimated the poor bastids.

ALLD
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
The refs need to make it not so obvious next week. Could there be a drift asmong the owners which is forcing a heavy hand with the officiating? Either way the game is fixed now. Too bad for ruining it.

HollywoodSteel
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I feel bad for Ike. When is he ever going to get a pick 6 again?

Mtn.Steel
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
The good news is that regardless of his efforts "The Family" is not happy. They lost a lot of money that he promised was a sure thing. He is currently running/hiding for his life whilst they fashion his cement shoes!

Butch
11-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Reminds me of the officiating in the 05 playoffs against colts. Throw a flag when indy jumps offsides but they didn't see our guy flinch so they call it a no play because they don't want to call it on the colts. Later same game call back Troys pick (as it was called on the field) by saying he never had possession after he knocked the ball out with his knee.

LLT
11-21-2010, 03:55 PM
A heartfelt congratulations to Tony Corrente. His incompetence and lack of any semblence of fairness, ability, or aptitude has place him in rare company. It is with absolutely no doubts and with sure and sincere privilidge, that I award thee:

http://www.ecardica.com/ecards/postcards%5Cfunny%20pictures/head_up_your_ass.jpg
The Phil Luckett Award

st33lersguy
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Some of the worst officiating I have seen since the refs tried to get Manning to the superbowl in 05

Polamalu Princess
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
The flags were terrible. It is obvious that the Steelers were picked to make an example out of. Unreal.

GoSlash27
11-21-2010, 04:07 PM
That was without a doubt the worst officiating I've ever seen! I'm glad it didn't amount to anything, but I hope the publicity from this brings about some changes.

hotrodder07
11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I really want to see the aftermath of this game. I mean, the NFL cannot just ignore this terrible officiating. There has to be something said. And the national media better pick up on this too. It was absolutely ridiculous how the refs targeted us.

Mtn.Steel
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Outside of the game announcers, there has not been a peep by the media. There will not be as they have their "orders". I would not expect anything to come of this debacle....except that maybe the "Family" disappears Tony. Which would be fine by me.

ALLD
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
He called it like an "in the bag ref" for the NBA.

st33lersguy
11-21-2010, 04:24 PM
What made it worse was they mixed up the number of the player to be ejected originally (#93 instead of #92)

SteelerFanInStl
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
This was overall the worst officiating I've seen in 35+ years of watching football. It was so bad that everyone on that officiating crew should be fired.

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 04:32 PM
The third quarter was especially horrible. Kudos to the Steelers though, they beat the right opponent today. Sorry Goodell, what do you have planned for next week?

That roughing the passer on Woodley deserves an apology.

stillers4me
11-21-2010, 04:33 PM
This was overall the worst officiating I've seen in 35+ years of watching football. It was so bad that everyone on that officiating crew should be fired.

Pathetic. They couldn't even get that right.

Psycho Ward 86
11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
The third quarter was especially horrible. Kudos to the Steelers though, they beat the right opponent today. Sorry Goodell, what do you have planned for next week?

taking away Ike's pick-6 deserves an apology

And it's official fellas, there are now only two jobs in the world where you can be wrong all the time and never get fired: Weatherman and referee

venom
11-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I think the refs were getting paid by the penalty

zulater
11-21-2010, 04:45 PM

It was so bad that even Chidi wont be able to defend it. :chuckle:

Btw, the fix wasn't in, just an incompetent crew ran amok.

Mtn.Steel
11-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I wonder if Tony has an email? If anyone can provide it, I would LOVE to share my opinion with him! How about the head nutjob officials email? Anyone got it? I got tomorrow off and I will ruin my keyboard sending scathing emails to anyone who will listen. Someone claiming to be Tony`s wife just called and offered to "service me" while I type!

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 04:51 PM
I think the refs were getting paid by the penalty

LOL. Good one.

Wheelz
11-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I was throwing stuff during the game. It was right up there with the worst officiating I've ever seen, spanning all sports.

I have a good buddy who's the most rabid Raiders fan I've ever known, and he was in complete agreement with me. They took one of the best historic matchups the game has ever known and made it a laughable debacle.

st33lersguy
11-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I just read somewhere that Corrente lives 6 hours from Oakland, but I just suppose it is a coincidence

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I guess Goodell had this squad on high alert to not let a good old fashioned hard hitting football game emerge from all the bullshit Goodell is trying to mask this league with. How would Goodell look if this was the game of the week, with hard hitting smash mouth football on both sides of the ball from both teams.

Sad to see the brand of football Goodell is evolving this league into, does not have room for rough, tough teams. This was a game to put away the flags and let the teams work out there differences in the trenches. Instead we were treated to a sometimes boring, due to a flag on every play, over officiated game. Shame on you Goodell. The Pro Bowl sucks. That is not the type of game people want to see game in and game out.

JayC
11-21-2010, 05:36 PM
that was for sure one of the worst officiated games i've seen in my life. the game was a fun game for me to watch despite all the questionable calls. the league owe's harrison, clark, and ike an apology at the very least.

steelpride12
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
I just got home from the game I was there and let me tell you how bullshit all those calls were. It was the most obvious pay off I have ever saw and just pathetic in every way. We all chanted "Refs you suck!" So loud I bet downtown could hear us and it was just awful, I will never remember this!

Texasteel
11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
It's a little hard for me to get too mad at the refs. when they are getting their orders from a higher power. I wouldn't let GODell be the commissioner of a Pee Wee league. They play way to rough for him.

steelerdude15
11-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I just love conspiracy theorist. I highly doubt they were paid off and you can't completely blame him, he has a crew, they were throwing the flags and making the calls too. Yes, there were flags that shouldn't have been thrown, BUT there were plenty of mistakes that we made that were clearly illegal. Plenty of holding and things like that did happen. You can't just go after the officiating crew when the team made plenty of mistakes themselves.

Texasteel
11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't think they were paid off. How ever, I do think that GODell and the league has created an environment that causes both players and refs to question themselves and what they are doing. That leads to these kind of horrendous decision. I was watching the Dallas / Detroit game and they made some of the same type of calls.

Thank you mister commissioner

steelerdude15
11-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't think they were paid off. How ever, I do think that GODell and the league has created an environment that causes both players and refs to question themselves and what they are doing. That leads to these kind of horrendous decision. I was watching the Dallas / Detroit game and they made some of the same type of calls.
I believe in the off-season, both players and refs attend seminars on the rules for both parties to fully understand the rules and benefit both.

LLT
11-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I just love conspiracy theorist. I highly doubt they were paid off and you can't completely blame him, he has a crew, they were throwing the flags and making the calls too. Yes, there were flags that shouldn't have been thrown, BUT there were plenty of mistakes that we made that were clearly illegal. Plenty of holding and things like that did happen. You can't just go after the officiating crew when the team made plenty of mistakes themselves.

Actually ....yes you can.

We did make plenty of mistakes and we got penalyzed for them. Tha is how the system is SUPPOSED to work. Every fan has the right to be pissed about the officiating today. It was awful.

I dont believe it is a conspiracy...but without a doubt I think this is the refs trying to interpret Goodells mandate on helmet to helmet hits. The very nature of the game AT THE PRO LEVEL...is that it is played at a speed and level that limits the refs ability to make correct decisions on bang-bang plays. They are now forced into a position in which they are going to have to err on the side caution....AT THE EXPENSE OF WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!

Goodell has set up the system in which the refs will be bastardized by his unenforcable dictates.

steelerdude15
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Like I said in another post. This off-season, both players and refs should attend seminars on the rules to that both parties understand the rules and games like this can no longer happen. I'm pretty sure both parties are under a lot of confusion.

SMR
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
It was so bad that even Chidi wont be able to defend it. :chuckle:

Btw, the fix wasn't in, just an incompetent crew ran amok.

Yeah, and lets see if he even responds to this thread. So far... nope. :chuckle:

Texasteel
11-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I believe in the off-season, both players and refs attend seminars on the rules for both parties to fully understand the rules and benefit both.

That may be true, but now coaches and players alike are saying that these resent interpretation of the rules are not what was discussed. Plus you don't have to watch the refs to long to see that they seem to be confuses and uncertain of the calls they are making.

steelpride12
11-21-2010, 06:11 PM
It's not that the refs were payed off or were leaning toward getting a Raiders win, but Goodell has made this a pussy league and the smash mouth, tough football is gone and he has the refs making more calls in more situations. It's truly pathetic what he has done and I blame him and of course the refs as well for making the calls, many were just straight awful calls including the PR TD, Ikes INT TD, and the 2 early roughing the passers.

LLT
11-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah, and lets see if he even responds to this thread. So far... nope. :chuckle:

I hope he does...Chidi is always reasonable, even when he takes the unpopular side of a debate. You have to give him credit...he doesnt waffle.

fansince'76
11-21-2010, 06:23 PM
It's not that the refs were payed off or were leaning toward getting a Raiders win, but Goodell has made this a pussy league and the smash mouth, tough football is gone and he has the refs making more calls in more situations. It's truly pathetic what he has done and I blame him and of course the refs as well for making the calls, many were just straight awful calls including the PR TD, Ikes INT TD, and the 2 early roughing the passers.

Yep. I blame the BS rules changes more than I blame the refs.

silver & black
11-21-2010, 06:49 PM

So does the "full body weight" bullshit call.

smokin3000gt
11-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Let's not forget the 'pulling someone off the pile' penalty :doh:

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 07:06 PM

That just may be the moment remembered from this crew. Nah, full body weight landing on QB was hilarious.

Godfather
11-21-2010, 07:09 PM
This was overall the worst officiating I've seen in 35+ years of watching football.

You obviously don't live in SEC country!!

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I guess this is the new NFL. The refs are allowed to make their own rules as they go. I'm hoping this was an experiment game by the NFL and Goodell will see how ridiculous and ludicrous his handling of this whole situation has become. It is important to have integrity in your officiating crews, and I would not be surprised if this crew has officiated it's last game.

smokin3000gt
11-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I hope they all lose their jobs.

Godfather
11-21-2010, 07:11 PM

LSU got nailed for that in the Cap One bowl.

I used to think that was a dumb penalty to call, but I can see the reason for it. There was an incident in the Ole Miss-Auburn game last year where Zac Etheridge injured his C2 vertebra and was lying on top of an Ole Miss player. The Ole Miss player (uncharacteristically) didn't extricate himself...meanwhile Etheridge lost feeling in his limbs.

If anyone had unpacked the pile Etheridge would be dead.

Devilsdancefloor
11-21-2010, 07:55 PM
i dont think anyone got paid off i just think they are scared of any physical play since the commissioner has been playing hsi little games at the NFL offices. ! thing i am happy about it no matter what happend we still played steeler ball.

steelpride12
11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Seems like today the Steelers just muted the refs, the rules and Goodell and just played Steelers smash mouth football and I l loved it!

Made me wanna buy T-shirts they were selling outside the stadium that read "James Harrison: Breakin' necks and writin checks!"

memphissteelergirl
11-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Seems like today the Steelers just muted the refs, the rules and Goodell and just played Steelers smash mouth football and I l loved it!

Made me wanna buy T-shirts they were selling outside the stadium that read "James Harrison: Breakin' necks and writin checks!"

So where can I get one of those? :heh:

steelpride12
11-21-2010, 08:14 PM
So where can I get one of those? :heh:
People were selling them outside of Heinz Field around 11am before the Steeler game today hehe :)

Count Steeler
11-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah. Just remembered. How does a Ref lose a whistle? At point in the game, he asked one of the other refs if they had an extra whistle. This crew was completely incompetent. They should never ref a game again.

Burghfan58
11-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Not even an incompitent officiating crew could stop the Steelers today. Still frustrating to watch play after play get whistled for something. Goodell has these officials heads spinning with all this fine bullshit.

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Great teams over come the bad calls and go on to win. Keep on playing hard and writing the checks... In the end get the ring.

NCSteeler
11-21-2010, 11:34 PM
I just read somewhere that Corrente lives 6 hours from Oakland, but I just suppose it is a coincidence

Some of you are starting to sound like Miami fans. Really , ya'll make fun when other teams talk about games being fixed for us, now you do the same. just silly.

I'm sure this crew was recently instructed not to let any semblance of real hard nosed football happen on their watch. Pretty freaking ridiculous, but hardly a fix, more likely the Commish attempting to stomp the life out of real football.

Devilsdancefloor
11-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Some of you are starting to sound like Miami fans. Really , ya'll make fun when other teams talk about games being fixed for us, now you do the same. just silly.

I'm sure this crew was recently instructed not to let any semblance of real hard nosed football happen on their watch. Pretty freaking ridiculous, but hardly a fix, more likely the Commish attempting to stomp the life out of real football.

i think that was sarcasm since they made a big deal about the crew in miami. :)

Wallace108
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
A couple comments from Raider Nation:

-why are you steeler fans so whiny? why do you cry about everything even when you win?"

-suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure the steelers are "victims." please don't insult our intelligence with that nonsense. they get more calls than almost any other team. they are one of the league's "favorites."

------
Perspective is a crazy bitch.

solardave
11-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Personally, my favorite was that Harrison hit him with his full weight

Yeah and when they showed the replay it clearly showed Harrison landing on his own side. Late hit my ass. What worries me about this hit is that he could be suspended. Did anyone see ANYONE pulling ANYONE off of a pile? What the hell was that all about? The last straw will be no fine for #92. (SEYMORON)
It was a sloppy game as far as penalties but take away the stupid calls and it was no record like the announcers said. It's bad enough we have Go-douchebag against but now he has the officials calling BS calls against us.

Galax Steeler
11-22-2010, 03:20 AM
I have to say that it was one of the worst officiating games I have ever seen alot of bullshit calls.

zulater
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Of all the bad calls I think the worst was the "pulling off the pile" penalty. First off, he never even gave a number, second, I watche that play about 15 times today and I still have no idea what the foul was? Trai Essexx was late in the pile, but the ball was loose, players for both teams were fighting for what they thought was a live ball after Spaeth let the ball go upon hitting the ground!! Essexx was guilty of nothing more than trying to recover what seemingly was a fumble!!

Mtn.Steel
11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I STILL say that there was some level of "fix" going on. Whether it was Tony being a Steeler hater or Raider fan, or edict from above. There is NO WAY you can tell me that his intentions were fair and pure....NO WAY! I really do hope that when he got home yesterday he found his wife getting doinked in the fart box by his neighbor!

Godfather
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
A couple comments from Raider Nation:

-why are you steeler fans so whiny? why do you cry about everything even when you win?"

-suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure the steelers are "victims." please don't insult our intelligence with that nonsense. they get more calls than almost any other team. they are one of the league's "favorites."

------
Perspective is a crazy bitch.

Those two Rai-duh talking points contradict each other.

We have no choice but to call attention to games like this one, the AFCCG against the ratbirds, and the playoff game against the Colts. The haters try to say the refs cheat for the Steelers and games like yesterday prove that's not the case.

smokin3000gt
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't think the refs have it in for us. I don't think the refs favor us. Do I think currently have the spot light on them? I do. I think they are trying to make an example heard through out the league and we are the red headed step child. Sometimes calls do go our way, sometimes they screw us as we all know. For people so say we 'pay off' the refs are they want us to win is asinine.

BabyChelle
11-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh, and I forgot to say that I hope he slips on some ice, blows his knee and can NEVER officiate a game again in his life...and I hope his wife cheats on him....and his dog runs away....and his daughter gets pregnant by a homeless crackhead...and he has a flat tire on the way home!
OH MY!!! LOL Remind me to never deliver your paper late! HAHAHAHA I agree 1000% though~ I am not usually one to hate on anyone but c'mon man! That game was so frustrating that I think I still have leftover stroke symptoms from that game + the results in Seymour Butts fine !

O'Malley
11-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I STILL say that there was some level of "fix" going on. Whether it was Tony being a Steeler hater or Raider fan, or edict from above. There is NO WAY you can tell me that his intentions were fair and pure....NO WAY! I really do hope that when he got home yesterday he found his wife getting doinked in the fart box by his neighbor!

That's not cheating when it's in the fart box right?

steelreserve
11-22-2010, 11:39 PM
NO WAY! I really do hope that when he got home yesterday he found his wife getting doinked in the fart box by his neighbor!

You know how sometimes we visit other teams' message boards and repost what their fans are saying after the game? I hope THIS is what people repost from ours.

tube517
11-22-2010, 11:45 PM
:rofl2:

That's not cheating when it's in the fart box right?