PDA

View Full Version : Rooney: Long way to go on labor pact

LLT
11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Rooney: Long way to go on labor pact
Alex Marvez FOXSports.com.
Nov 21, 2010 9:39 AM ET
PITTSBURGH

Last month, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said it was "realistic" to think the NFL could reach agreement on a new labor pact with its players in December.

One of Kraft's peers isn't nearly as optimistic.

Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II told FOXSports.com that he believes both sides still have plenty of work ahead before a deal can be struck.

"I think the owners are all committed to getting a deal done that works for the game and something that is healthy economically for the players and owners," said Rooney, a member of the NFL management council executive committee for labor affairs. "I'm not going to predict any real time frame to it because I do think we have a long way to go, but I certainly think we'll get there. I hope we get there before we get to any type of a lockout. That remains to be seen."

Read More
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-labor-pact-Rooney-weighs-in

ALLD
11-21-2010, 10:44 AM
I would add a new sanctioning body to review all fines and cap them @ $5k per game or less. Taking money from a player's game check has turned into racketeering.

SMR
11-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I would add a new sanctioning body to review all fines and cap them @ $5k per game or less. Taking money from a player's game check has turned into racketeering.

I agree. This has gone out of control.

Shoes
11-21-2010, 11:47 AM
STRIKE, I say..... and send goodell to the soup line. :chuckle: