PDA

View Full Version : Woodley fined $12,500...

Merchant
11-19-2010, 04:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c3ec6d/article/steelers-lb-woodley-fined-12500-for-late-hit-on-pats-brady?module=HP_headlines

For the "late hit" on Brady. While Sanders was NOT fined for the hit on Ward.

I have no words...

fansince'76
11-19-2010, 04:20 PM
I have no words...

I have one: BULLSHIT.

:mad2:

hotrodder07
11-19-2010, 04:46 PM
You've got to be kidding...

This is seriously ridiculous. If that wasn't exactly the kind of hit they were "cracking down on" I don't know what is.

SteelerFanInStl
11-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Complete BullShit but then again, I didn't expect anything different.

Borski
11-19-2010, 04:56 PM
I was reading some of this:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/697163-sanders-hit-ward.html#post2341899

It usually takes a few days at least for that information to come out. But, knowing Baddell, a fine in impending even though the contact was clearly incidental. Meanwhile, Harrison taking a shot at Brady's knee will be thoroughly ignored.

Seems they think Goodell doesnt look for any excuse to fine Harrison....

polamalubeast
11-19-2010, 05:05 PM
:doh2::yell::ranger::frusty:

SMR
11-19-2010, 05:19 PM
It's barf bag time.

SMR
11-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm almost to the point which I wish someone would just prison rape Goodell and get it over with...but that may be too harsh. Please excuse me for my crudeness, sigh..

86WARD
11-19-2010, 05:20 PM
anyone got video of the hit?

smokin3000gt
11-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Emails to the commish! What a joke. Anybody else find it convenient that when they mentioned sander's hit on Ward, there was absolutely no mention of the helmet to helmet? We all saw it coming but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. Not to mention the ONE play that anyone even made contact with brady gets a fine. :smash:

ALLD
11-19-2010, 05:25 PM
I am losing respect for the NFL. Does somebody up top actually have it in for the Steelers? They act like Rooney was the one and not Al Davis, to sue the league. It is practically racketeering.

Plus they know Woodley is at the low end of the salary range, but due for a big upgrade in his next contract. I am stunned that Woodley got fined and the intentional helmet-to-helmet hits on Ward and Wallace were ignored. I would strike.

SMR
11-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I am losing respect for the NFL. Does somebody up top actually have it in for the Steelers? They act like Rooney was the one and not Al Davis, to sue the league. It is practically racketeering.

Plus they know Woodley is at the low end of the salary range, but due for a big upgrade in his next contract. I am stunned that Woodley got fined and the intentional helmet-to-helmet hits on Ward and Wallace were ignored. I would strike.

I would strike too. I am now hoping the players stick it to the NFL even if it means lockout for next season- TOO FRICKIN' BAD!!! :mad2::mad2:

smokin3000gt
11-19-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm almost to the point which I wish someone would just prison rape Goodell and get it over with...but that may be too harsh. Please excuse me for my crudeness, sigh..

crudeness? nah.. sounded like a toast to me. I was about to raise a glass..

Perhaps he should get broom handled first then if he doesn't shape up, he gets [prison] sphincter bullied. :drink:

SMR
11-19-2010, 05:36 PM
crudeness? nah.. sounded like a toast to me. I was about to raise a glass..

Perhaps he should get broom handled first then if he doesn't shape up, he gets [prison] sphincter bullied. :drink:

:lol:

Thanks for the good laugh. Needed that, especially with the way things are going on in the NFL.

Count Steeler
11-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Terrible, terrible call NFL. No wonder our D is laying off.

Carolina Steelers
11-19-2010, 06:27 PM
WOW this is getting out of hand with these fines, pretty soon youll be getting fined for being offsides, or false starts watch out Flozell that could be alot of money youll be paying in, if that happens. LOL

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I'd like to see the players union go through with decertifying now. That way they can find every way possible to stop Goodell. Personally I'd like to see someone not named him giving the fines and suspensions(I am talking every last one, you know, like the NHL does it).

Shoes
11-19-2010, 06:40 PM
I hope there is a strike next season.....what will goodell do then?

Psycho Ward 86
11-19-2010, 06:41 PM
LOL. Good joke.

Edman
11-19-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm really not that shocked, or upset anymore. I knew you weren't allowed to touch Brady, and it proves it.

No wonder the Defense backed off of Brady Sunday night. You can't touch him, or else it's a chunk of cash out of your pockets. The biggest insult to injury to a bad loss. I just don't know what to think.

Next time we play the Pats, I just chalk it up as an automatic loss. It's lose-lose against them.

Psycho Ward 86
11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I hope there is a strike next season.....what will goodell do then?

That fkn jag-off will impose more retarded ways to raise the revenue ugh!

steelpride12
11-19-2010, 06:56 PM
That's fucking crazy. Goodell has totally lost control of the league and has crossed the line, total fucking bullshit!

HometownGal
11-19-2010, 07:08 PM
The NFL has become a total joke and Goodell its court Jester.

http://www.midlifecrisisqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/court-jester1.jpg

Wood tackles Boo Boo Brady legally and gets a fine. The next time we play the NFL's "Pets", let's make it count. To hell with the game - beat the shit out of 'em so they're nothing but a pile of bloody goo. :upyours:

Devilsdancefloor
11-19-2010, 07:27 PM
it wasnt that great of a hit it was maybe astep to late, but hey next time if he knows he is gonna get a fine make it worth the fine

SMR
11-19-2010, 07:34 PM
The NFL has become a total joke and Goodell its court Jester.

http://www.midlifecrisisqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/court-jester1.jpg

Wood tackles Boo Boo Brady legally and gets a fine. The next time we play the NFL's "Pets", let's make it count. To hell with the game - beat the shit out of 'em so they're nothing but a pile of bloody goo. :upyours:

I'm totally with you on that! Even if we make it to the playoffs and play the Cheatriots again, we might as well play with out the gloves and bloody them up cuz we'll probably lose anyway- so why not? Goodell has conditioned the game to suit the Patsies so they can't lose- especially to the Steelers a team he apparently, no OBVIOUSLY, hates!

Psycho Ward 86
11-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Compared to the others, quite high for a first offense fine, dont you guys think?

KeiselPower99
11-19-2010, 11:05 PM
So its ok for Hines to be knocked out of the game on a helmet to helmet hit but Woodley touches Brady and he is fined?? Straight up BS. I say if you know your gonna be fined make the hits count.

Wallace108
11-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Am I the only one who absolutely loves this fine?

At what point does Rooney say enough is enough?
Hopefully, sooner or later, Rooney and the other owners step in and put a stop to this madness.

steelpride12
11-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Am I the only one who absolutely loves this fine?

At what point does Rooney say enough is enough?
Hopefully, sooner or later, Rooney and the other owners step in and put a stop to this madness.
I kinda just hope the players go out their and just kick some ass! No worries about fines and play smash mouth football without caring!

Wallace108
11-20-2010, 12:35 AM
I kinda just hope the players go out their and just kick some ass! No worries about fines and play smash mouth football without caring!

Technically, I agree. But it would be nice to see owners come to the defense of their players. But I guess when you're in the middle of a labor dispute, the owners and the league are going to stick together. To hell with the players.

SirHulka
11-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Hey, look on the bright side. At least he didn't cut LaMarr's hands off.

solardave
11-20-2010, 03:33 AM
You've got to be kidding...

This is seriously ridiculous. If that wasn't exactly the kind of hit they were "cracking down on" I don't know what is.

The media is in cync with God-dell too. Everytime I see the replay all they say is Hines had a concussion. I guess if no one actually says it was an illegal hit then it wasn't. Bullshit is probably an understatement. I just wonder if Woodley gets to pick where the fine goes. I'd shove half of it right up God-dell's ass and the other half up Brady's. What a chump. Sir dink & dump. If Ben (or any other QB) played like he does they'd say he doesn't have an arm or he can't throw the long ball.

Galax Steeler
11-20-2010, 03:33 AM
This is just hard to believe I all can say is go to hell Goodell.

solardave
11-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Technically, I agree. But it would be nice to see owners come to the defense of their players. But I guess when you're in the middle of a labor dispute, the owners and the league are going to stick together. To hell with the players.

Letting this shit go on proves that the owners down care about players when they let this piece of shit they call Com. levy out fines as he sees fit. Absolutely pathetic and the players can't do a thing about it. They should fine the owners for sticking with this first class DOUCHEBAG!!

ALLD
11-20-2010, 06:54 AM
At the beginning of the season the Steelers came out beating up other teams and winning even without BB. Once the commissioner figured out our game plan he found another way to take away our advantages and make us less competitive. It smells so much like a conspiracy that even non-fans have to notice, albeit not care as much.

LLT
11-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Brian Urlacher puts 'dictatorship' tag on Roger Goodell
By Dennis Wierzbicki
US Presswire

Brian Urlacher roughed up the Miami Dolphins last night, then kept the hits coming afterward as he went after NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"What can you do though? It's a dictatorship . . . If Goodell wants to fine you he's going to fine you, that's the way it goes and that's just the way it is."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/11/brian-urlacher-roger-goodell-dictator/1

SteelerFanInStl
11-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Compared to the others, quite high for a first offense fine, dont you guys think?

Yep. Every other first offense has been fined $5,000 except for the helmet-to-helmet hits.

Texasteel
11-20-2010, 09:08 AM
I still say if the Chief was still alive there would be a closed door meeting between him and Godell , and the only one to come out would be smoking a large cigar.

They've tried to start another league a couple of times. This might be a perfect time to try again. Fans may watch it to get away from GODell, and see a little real football.

SMR
11-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I still say if the Chief was still alive there would be a closed door meeting between him and Godell , and the only one to come out would be smoking a large cigar.

They've tried to start another league a couple of times. This might be a perfect time to try again. Fans may watch it to get away from GODell, and see a little real football.

Right on brother!

Burghfan58
11-20-2010, 12:22 PM
There is absolutely no consistency in the way these fines are levied. Goodell puts Ray Anderson (although well educated) in charge and he never played a down of pro football. Another fine decision by Lord Goodell.

SteelerFanInStl
11-20-2010, 12:33 PM

I keep saying it and I'll say it again, I'd happily support a new football league. I'm absolutely sick of what the NFL is becoming.

memphissteelergirl
11-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Complete BullShit but then again, I didn't expect anything different.

GOD-dell is out of control. Seriously. But it's getting to a point now where I am expecting somebody to get fined every week. Not just Steelers...but any players. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

I'm not sure how or when it will happen, but God-dell is gonna hang himself with all the rope he's getting. And I will be leading the cheers when it happens.

st33lersguy
11-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey Goodell why don't you fine everyone who touches your wife?

SteelerFanInStl
11-20-2010, 06:15 PM
GOD-dell is out of control. Seriously. But it's getting to a point now where I am expecting somebody to get fined every week. Not just Steelers...but any players. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

I'm not sure how or when it will happen, but God-dell is gonna hang himself with all the rope he's getting. And I will be leading the cheers when it happens.

It is beyond ridiculous. He said previously that players were to be fined for 'egregious' hits but he's fining players for almost everything, whether or not it drew a penalty in the game.

steelreserve
11-20-2010, 08:01 PM
The media is in cync with God-dell too. Everytime I see the replay all they say is Hines had a concussion. I guess if no one actually says it was an illegal hit then it wasn't. Bullshit is probably an understatement. I just wonder if Woodley gets to pick where the fine goes. I'd shove half of it right up God-dell's ass and the other half up Brady's.

In that case, I hope he decides to pay in pennies.

JayC
11-21-2010, 12:33 AM
goodell is an idiot

terrible commish

please resign

i would just love to win the superbowl so they can boooo him when he is talking. i'd booo him.

steelerdude15
11-21-2010, 12:14 PM
That was a unnecessary hit, but what can you do.

The Duke
11-21-2010, 12:17 PM
goodell is an idiot

terrible commish

please resign

i would just love to win the superbowl so they can boooo him when he is talking. i'd booo him.

and have silverback as superbowl mvp

I would LOVE to see goodell's face when he gives silverback the trophy

cakmakli
11-21-2010, 12:56 PM
goodell is an idiot

terrible commish

please resign

He should be booed just like Bettman gets booed at every NHL event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQqkjxNSWZ0