PDA

View Full Version : Analyzing the Offensive Line: Trai Essex, You Are the Weakest Link

stillers4me
11-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Posted on November 18, 2010 (http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/11/analyzing-offensive-line-trai-essex-weakest-link/) by JJ (http://www.steelerslounge.com/author/jj/)

The Steelers lost by 13 points Sunday, and they abandoned the running game
midway through the second quarter. So you can probably expect that this week’s o-line report isn’t going to be a very happy report.

When it comes to pass blocking, the Steelers offensive line struggled to handle a blitz-happy Patriots defense. That could have been expected — a backup left tackle and left guard ensured Pittsburgh was going to get tested and tested often.

But when it came to the running game, well, that’s where the disaster happened. A week before, Cleveland had run all over the Patriots with Peyton Hillis grinding out first down after first down. Against the Steelers, all of a sudden the same linebackers who struggled looked like Pro Bowlers................

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/11/analyzing-offensive-line-trai-essex-weakest-link/#more-2989

oneforthetoe
11-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Maybe Foster should get a chance at RT once Kemo comes back? It seems to me that between Essex, Legursky and Foster, Foster seems to be the best overall guard (decent at rub blocking and pass blocking).

Austin87
11-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Foster or Legursky should be given an opportunity at RG because Essex just aint cutting it. I would also like to see Hills given a shot at the LT spot. Its interesting that Essex had a very poor run blocking game but his pass blocking was very good, can't this guy play LT?

tube517
11-19-2010, 05:58 AM
LT is Essex's natural position. How he became the RG is what puzzles me.

Foster or Legursky should be given an opportunity at RG because Essex just aint cutting it. I would also like to see Hills given a shot at the LT spot. Its interesting that Essex had a very poor run blocking game but his pass blocking was very good, can't this guy play LT?

zulater
11-19-2010, 06:47 AM
LT is Essex's natural position. How he became the RG is what puzzles me.

No his natural position is the sidelines, or his his best one is anyway.

SteelerFanInStl
11-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Essex just plain sucks. He should be on the bench.

zulater
11-19-2010, 09:04 AM
I think the most frustrating aspect of the o-line is one that's no one's fault, that being Willie Colon's injury, God we miss him, he was playing at a really high level most of last season. Also equally frustrating ( but understandable) is that they didn't put Willie on the PUP list rather than the IR. From all accounts Willie's running now and would be ready to play in a matter of weeks if he were eligible to come back!:Cry:

Hmm, anyone know a good plactic surgeon we could send Willie to? Get his face restructured and change his name to Wilberto Colono from Panama who we can sign as a free agent and play him this year. J.K :sofunny:

SMR
11-19-2010, 05:40 PM
No his natural position is the sidelines, or his his best one is anyway.

:toofunny: :toofunny: