PDA

View Full Version : Where's the LeBeau criticism?

Prok
11-18-2010, 08:59 AM
I was never a big Arians fan but this loss has just as much to do with LeBeau as it does Arians. Our offense consistantly goes into doldrums. We never seem to get any kind of consistant performances out of those guys. The blame can be spread across the entire offense for sure.

But to me, the bigger concern is our defense and LeBeau, believe it or not. Let's face it, brady OWNS our scheme. The patty's can run on us when they want, they can hit the underneath stuff at will, and they can hit us deep when they want to. How many times have we seen this story play out? It's like we never learn.... I am truly disgusted with our defense. I have ZERO confidence we could beat the pats if we played them come january. None. I wish someone could give me reasons, ANY reasons, to believe our D could MAYBE defend the freaking pass against the better QB's. Bellicheck seems to ALWAYS take something away from Ben and our offense. Why the hell can't Lebeau do that to the brady's of the NFL???

Raleigh Steel
11-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Where's the LeBeau criticism?

have you bothered to look at any of the other threads? plenty to go around!

SteelerSal
11-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah there are alot of threads that that pass the blame around evenly...Wallace108 even did a photoshop of Dick sharing the dog house with Bruce.

SteelerSal
11-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Found it. Instant classic. :lol:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8205/lebeaudoghouse.jpg

smokin3000gt
11-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Yup. It does seem that Brady has figured out LeBeau 110%. Our entire team/coaching staff looked like rookies out there Sunday night (and not Pouncey like). Not to be a debbie downer but if the road to the SB goes through NE, I don't think we stand much of a chance.

steel9guy
11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Lebeau is great against 31 teams. Against 1 he is bad. They do so well because of our zone blitz scheme. He should do something to change it up next time.

BlastFurnace
11-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Yup. It does seem that Brady has figured out LeBeau 110%. Our entire team/coaching staff looked like rookies out there Sunday night (and not Pouncey like). Not to be a debbie downer but if the road to the SB goes through NE, I don't think we stand much of a chance.

I say this sarcastically, but I think we could hire Brady to be our defensive coordinator. He seems to understand our defense better than the Steelers do.

SteelMember
11-18-2010, 10:56 AM
When everyone, including the media said the way you beat the pats is to play man to man, that should have been a clue we were going to have problems. Our scheme is based on ZONE coverages. We have those types of players to fit that scheme. We can make it work sometimes, but when your not creating any pressure from the 4 or 5 rushing, the whole thing falls apart. Granted, we had our best two DE's on the sideline, so we were not going to offer as many problems as cleveland did, but we don't exactly have a bunch of cover corners either. You can't really play an effective man coverage if your giving "cushion" at the LOS, and not jamming guys by playing a bump and run.

So yes, LeBeau should get some criticism for not being more creative, or making adjustments knowing what was coming, but that is not OUR strength, and it's not who we (our players) are. We did not meet the challenge and the task at hand.

Really... We had problems just getting them to 3rd down. Let alone getting off the field.

They whipped us, and that's that.

Wallace108
11-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Forget about Lebeau and Arians. The real issue here is that we have a Prok sighting. :thumbsup: Good to see you again, bro.

Dino 6 Rings
11-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Welker, 8 Catches 89 yards
Gronkowski, 5 Catches, 72 yards 3 Tds
Branch, 7 catches, 71 yards
Green-Ellis, 4 catches 36 yards
Tate, 2 catches 50 yards, longest 45.

Total Passing, 30 completions on 45 attempts with 350 yards and 3 Touchdowns.
0 Sacks

Pretty much all the criticism needed is in the actual Stat Sheet.

steelreserve
11-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't think Brady "owns" our defensive scheme. He owns the defensive scheme we play against the Patriots. It's completely different from our regular defensive scheme -- the one that, you know ... works. At random times this year (and all of 2006 and 2009), we've just decided to get away from our normal aggressive defense for some reason, and say "here are the four guys rushing, now everybody else drop into a vanilla coverage scheme." That's when the defense sucks and gets picked apart.

We always play that way against the Patriots. On the rare occasions when we don't and we stick with an aggressive defense, that's when we're in the game. I don't know what flips the switch that tells us we have to revert to the non-working defense, but it's sure frustrating. They must have our coaches psyched out. It's not like we haven't faced the dink-and-dunk before and had plenty of success being aggressive.

Dino 6 Rings
11-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't think Brady "owns" our defensive scheme. He owns the defensive scheme we play against the Patriots. It's completely different from our regular defensive scheme -- the one that, you know ... works. At random times this year (and all of 2006 and 2009), we've just decided to get away from our normal aggressive defense for some reason, and say "here are the four guys rushing, now everybody else drop into a vanilla coverage scheme." That's when the defense sucks and gets picked apart.

We always play that way against the Patriots. On the rare occasions when we don't and we stick with an aggressive defense, that's when we're in the game. I don't know what flips the switch that tells us we have to revert to the non-working defense, but it's sure frustrating. They must have our coaches psyched out. It's not like we haven't faced the dink-and-dunk before and had plenty of success being aggressive.

I totally agree. Its like we are trying to protect ourselves from the big passes or from being picked apart and cause our own problem. I'd rather see a sick blitz attack that sometimes gives up big shots downfield that at least knocks Brady down 3 or 4 times a Quarter than the pussssy shiiiit I saw this past weekend. Why is it we attack Manning everytime we play him and yet sit back relaxed against Brady? Even the year we destroyed Matt Cassel, we blitzed all day and just blew him up. but for some reason, we play almost "scared" of Brady.

Ef that, live and die by it and attack that offense at its heart. The Heart is Brady, you have to attack it, rip it out, squash it let the blood splatter on your face as you lift it up to the football gods in triumph.

SO frustrating to watch.

tube517
11-18-2010, 12:15 PM
LeBeau needs to be criticized for not adjusting to a team that has had the same gameplan and neither Cowher nor Tomlin adjusted to it. LeBeau's been beaten in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010 by the Pats*. But the blueprint was there starting in 2002.

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=10362

SteelerEmpire
11-18-2010, 12:22 PM
I think our last SB team (08) could have stopped Brady and the Pats. But that's the past. The theme of this thread is "what has LeBeau done for us lately" ? LeBeau, here lately, you've sucked... and has just been hyped up by the media as if the Defense has been 'way' out ahead of the competition. I can't even remember the last time when the Steelers shut out an opposing team ?

zulater
11-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Where's the LeBeau defense? Maybe people aren't so quick to jump all over Dick, but no one's exactly rushing to his defense ( no pun intended) either. Something for Arians defenders to consider.

Anyway LeBeau coached a pitiful game against the Patriots. I also thought the defense was lacking against the dolphins late as well.

Galax Steeler
11-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Welker, 8 Catches 89 yards
Gronkowski, 5 Catches, 72 yards 3 Tds
Branch, 7 catches, 71 yards
Green-Ellis, 4 catches 36 yards
Tate, 2 catches 50 yards, longest 45.

Total Passing, 30 completions on 45 attempts with 350 yards and 3 Touchdowns.
0 Sacks

Pretty much all the criticism needed is in the actual Stat Sheet.

That is just not good to give up that kind of yards to so many receivers.

X-Terminator
11-19-2010, 04:24 AM
I can't even remember the last time when the Steelers shut out an opposing team ?

2008 against the Shehawks and Dolphins.

HometownGal
11-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Lebeau is great against 31 teams. Against 1 he is bad. They do so well because of our zone blitz scheme. He should do something to change it up next time.

Uh....errrr......did you watch the Steelers D in the second half of the season last year?

I love Papa Lebeau but I have no problem taking him to task when the situations merit and imho - the situations have merited criticism since the middle of last season. Yes - player execution is definitely part of the problem but his coverage schemes - particularly in the 2nd halves - and his lack of a consistent pass rush have left a sour taste in my mouth.

SteelerFanInStl
11-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Uh....errrr......did you watch the Steelers D in the second half of the season last year?

I love Papa Lebeau but I have no problem taking him to task when the situations merit and imho - the situations have merited criticism since the middle of last season. Yes - player execution is definitely part of the problem but his coverage schemes - particularly in the 2nd halves - and his lack of a consistent pass rush have left a sour taste in my mouth.

I agree. This isn't something that just started, nor does it only happen against the Pats.

Texasteel
11-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Found it. Instant classic. :lol:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8205/lebeaudoghouse.jpg

I missed this one. Wally this is a classic, I think it would probably even bring a smile to Dicks face.

Texasteel
11-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Where's the LeBeau defense? Maybe people aren't so quick to jump all over Dick, but no one's exactly rushing to his defense ( no pun intended) either. Something for Arians defenders to consider.

Anyway LeBeau coached a pitiful game against the Patriots. I also thought the defense was lacking against the dolphins late as well.

I don't think LeBeau needs to be defended a great deal. He is a great coach that has had a couple rough years, I should say 1 and a half years. I don't think anyone is calling for his firing either, at least you won't hear that from me. Us old guys have to stick together.

zulater
11-19-2010, 09:06 AM
I don't think LeBeau needs to be defended a great deal. He is a great coach that has had a couple rough years, I should say 1 and a half years. I don't think anyone is calling for his firing either, at least you won't hear that from me. Us old guys have to stick together.

Don't be surprised if he's politely given the option to retire after the season if the Steelers defense continues to tailspin.

Texasteel
11-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Don't be surprised if he's politely given the option to retire after the season if the Steelers defense continues to tailspin.

Like I said before Zu, I will shed a tear.

The Duke
11-19-2010, 11:21 AM
2008 against the Shehawks and Dolphins.

2008 against the browns actually

both of those were 2007

Moose
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Got to agree Prok-- Brady and Belicheat definitely owns us and hopefully someone will knock them out of the play-offs before we face them. I'm still lost at why Harrison and Troy is playing so soft. I think that N.E. game would have been completely diferent if Harrison was rushing Brady and knocking everyone on their asses like he used to do 3-4 games ago when he wasn't afraid of being fined. And having Troy running all over would have had Brady panicking. Brady didn't have ANY PRESSURE all night long, and we all know, you give a QB like Brady any time at all he's going to pick you apart....and with our CB's giving a 5-7 yrd cushion on their man....ugh...as you saw there was a completed pass for 9yrds every other down. We couldn't get 1 first down in a series....they were picking them up every other down. Wasn't Lebeau watching the same game as we all were horrified watching ?? It was sickening and I can't believe Tomlin and the Rooney's were satisfied with any of that play calling....offense or defense. I think something is definitely happening with this team....is it all the injuries ? I don't know, but things better start shaping up with our team or it could be a 1 and out in the playoffs.....IF we even make them. We could still end up under .500 !!

X-Terminator
11-19-2010, 12:24 PM
2008 against the browns actually

both of those were 2007

Thanks.

Anyway, the problem I have with LeBeau is that he either doesn't keep the pressure on for the entire game, or he doesn't make adjustments whenever something clearly isn't working. You see Gay and McFadden getting abused and aren't getting any pressure on Brady...where was the adjustment? And why in the world is Timmons playing the "rover" role instead of Troy? Yes, it's turned Timmons into a beast this year, but Troy is the best player on the field...you have to let him roam around and make plays.

oneforthetoe
11-19-2010, 01:19 PM

And don't be surprised if he isn't.

O'Malley
11-19-2010, 01:37 PM
And don't be surprised if he isn't.

This just may prove the importance of Smith doing the heavy lifting. But I will say as I have before the prevent or what ever name you want to give it is terrible. Like X said keep the pedal to the floor.