PDA

View Full Version : Keisel slowly working his way back

stillers4me
11-18-2010, 05:54 AM
November 17th, 2010

There probably isn’t a more frustrating injury in sports than a hamstring one as Brett Keisel can attest.
The starting defensive end thought he had gotten past the pulled hamstring he sustained early in an Oct. 17 game against the Browns, and he was all set to play in a recent Monday night game at Cincinnati.
“I felt good in warm-ups. I felt good during my (pre-game) routine and then I went out there and it was just (hurt) right away,” Keisel said. “It’s just one of those things that you don’t understand sometimes, but you just have to continue to work and rest and work your way back.”

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/11/17/keisel-slowly-working-his-way-back/

zulater
11-18-2010, 06:14 AM
I think the Steelers need to gamble that we can win these next two without Keisel. Nothing worse than rushing that sort of injury back, you just end up in a season long holding pattern. Error on the side of caution, and hopefully get Keisel back at full strength for the Ravens game.

steelpride12
11-18-2010, 08:40 AM
No way Keisel should rush back in this game Sunday, if he strains it worse he is going to have a tear and goodbye season for him. I think our DLine will still be able to hold McFadden without him, and just let him rest till he is 100%.

steelreserve
11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
I think this is the year where it's finally started to show that the defensive line is getting old. We were relatively lucky in 2008 to have none of these kinds of things go wrong. I'm just glad we added Hood when we did and he's at least adequate now so that we still have a realistic shot at winning games.