PDA

View Full Version : Ward thinks Chung should be fined for helmet-to-helmet hit

stillers4me
11-18-2010, 05:52 AM
By Mark Kaboly (mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com), TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, November 18, 2010

• Hines Ward is well aware of the crackdown by the NFL on helmet-to-helmet hits. He has watched the video produced by the league on what is legal and what is a fineable offense. After getting knocked out of Sunday's game by Patriots safety Patrick Chung with an apparent helmet-to-helmet hit, Ward wondered Wednesday why Chung has yet to hear from the league about a fine. "I was falling down and I wasn't expecting to get hit," Ward said. "He hit me, and that is what caused the head/neck or whatever you guys want to call it. I don't know what the league wants. It is what it is. It was helmet to helmet, and I thought that is what usually causes a fine. I am not going to sit there and worry about if the guy got fined or not." Chung was not fined by the league as of yesterday, but the NFL usually doesn't make fines known to public until Friday...............

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_709847.html

SteelMember
11-18-2010, 06:59 AM
But I thought someone said Hines went out of his way to defend the hit as "clean". :bs:

This doesn't seem to jive with that.

Steelers33
11-18-2010, 07:00 AM
But I thought someone said Hines went out of his way to defend the hit as "clean". :bs:

i heard that to

BigNastyDefense
11-18-2010, 10:44 AM
i heard that to

Maybe it's the fact that even though Ward feels though the hit was clean, if the rule states that helmet-to-helmet hits on a "defenseless" receiver are going to be fined, then he wants the same treatment that DeSean Jackson or Reggie Wayne would get.

Not to mention, he knows if Harrison, Clark, or Polamalu would have made the exact same hit; they would have been fined on Monday.

All I am asking for from the league is that if they are going to enforce the rules, then enforce them equally among all 32 teams....not just on some teams and then let other teams get hit in an "illegal" way. I am sure that's all Hines Ward wants too.

SMR
11-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Maybe it's the fact that even though Ward feels though the hit was clean, if the rule states that helmet-to-helmet hits on a "defenseless" receiver are going to be fined, then he wants the same treatment that DeSean Jackson or Reggie Wayne would get.

Not to mention, he knows if Harrison, Clark, or Polamalu would have made the exact same hit; they would have been fined on Monday.

All I am asking for from the league is that if they are going to enforce the rules, then enforce them equally among all 32 teams....not just on some teams and then let other teams get hit in an "illegal" way. I am sure that's all Hines Ward wants too.

I agree.

steeldevil
11-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Has that hit not been fined yet?

SMR
11-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Has that hit not been fined yet?

NOPE! Grrrrr..........

Count Steeler
11-18-2010, 03:43 PM
One problem with that hit, it was against the Black and Gold and not done by the Black and Gold. If it was against any other team, and perhaps any other player, that hit would have been a penalty and a fine. But against Ward, because of his reputation, and because he is a Steeler, I would be shocked if Goodell could view the play objectively.

SMR
11-18-2010, 03:48 PM
One problem with that hit, it was against the Black and Gold and done by the Black and Gold. If it was against any other team, and perhaps any other player, that hit would have been a penalty and a fine. But against Ward, because of his reputation, and because he is a Steeler, I would be shocked if Goodell could view the play objectively.

THAT is not the point. Goodell is SUPPOSED to view the play objectively, but...never mind, I digress. It is Goodell after all. Ugh.

SMR
11-18-2010, 03:49 PM
SOMEBODY IMPEACH GOODELL ALREADY!!!!!!

Count Steeler
11-18-2010, 03:51 PM
THAT is not the point. Goodell is SUPPOSED to view the play objectively, but...never mind, I digress. It is Goodell after all. Ugh.

I don't think Goodell is objective one bit. He is a pansy ass who protects the pansy asses. That is why I would be completely shocked if he ever fined another player while playing against the Steelers. In his twisted mentality, the Steelers deserve everything they get.

Craic
11-18-2010, 04:19 PM
There was nothing wrong with the hit on Hines. No way that should have been a fine.... IF this league is ran properly.

However, the way the league is being run now... That should have been a $25,000 fine.

NJarhead
11-18-2010, 04:37 PM

This doesn't seem to jive with that.

I was under the impression that he was saying it was clean to him, but careful to say he's not sure that it was clean in the leagues eyes.

fansince'76
11-18-2010, 04:38 PM
There was nothing wrong with the hit on Hines. No way that should have been a fine.... IF this league is ran properly.

However, the way the league is being run now... That should have been a $25,000 fine.

Exactly.

Galax Steeler
11-19-2010, 03:12 AM
I wouldn't count on a fine Ward it just don't happen seems they have something against us.

SMR
11-19-2010, 05:35 PM

Indeed.

ALLD
11-19-2010, 05:41 PM
The league goes out of their way to fine Steelers, but they do not enforce the same rules on other teams when they play us. They look for a way to keep the Steelers in the news and under pressure. There must be something in the background where Goodell has something against the Steelers.

tihmtahm
11-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm surprised Ward wasn't fined for "lashing out". :rolleyes: :wtf: