PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Rockefeller: FCC Should Take FOX News, MSNBC Off Airwaves

smokin3000gt
11-17-2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/11/17/sen_rockefeller_fcc_should_take_fox_news_msnbc_off _airwaves.html

I can't believe that the dems still don't get it! They should have gotten the message when Scott Brown won. They should have gotten the message with historic losses in the house. They still re-elect pelosi and now this guy wants to take channels off the air waves because he doesn't like what they say? So it's easier for him to do his job? I didn't think they were that blind.

X-Terminator
11-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Kinda tough to play the "Dems hate FOX" angle when Rockefeller is calling for MSNBC to be ditched as well. But at the same time, there's that "censorship" thing that gets in the way. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch either network, so I say leave them alone. Plus, there's that "1st Amendment" thing that gets in the way. I don't like the over-the-top nitwits like Glenn Beck and Keith Olbermann, but they still have the right to question the government so long as they aren't making threats.

Godfather
11-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Kinda tough to play the "Dems hate FOX" angle when Rockefeller is calling for MSNBC to be ditched as well. But at the same time, there's that "censorship" thing that gets in the way. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch either network, so I say leave them alone. Plus, there's that "1st Amendment" thing that gets in the way. I don't like the over-the-top nitwits like Glenn Beck and Keith Olbermann, but they still have the right to question the government so long as they aren't making threats.

Well stated. I think Rockefeller's issue is passing off propaganda as news...but there's one little problem. He seems to be unaware that Fox and MSNBC are on cable and therefore don't use the public airwaves.

GoSlash27
11-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Sen. Rockefeller should take the time to read the Constitution. You know... that thing he swore an oath to uphold and defend?
The first Amdt has something to say about that.

fansince'76
11-18-2010, 04:09 PM
I think Rockefeller's issue is passing off propaganda as news...

Might as well pull the plug on all media outlets if that's the criteria. This is the age of the taken-completely-out-of-context sound bite and editorializing masquerading as journalism. REAL, true and objective journalism went the way of the dodo years ago.

Craic
11-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Might as well pull the plug on all media outlets if that's the criteria. This is the age of the taken-completely-out-of-context sound bite and editorializing masquerading as journalism. REAL, true and objective journalism went the way of the dodo years ago.

Bingo.

43Hitman
11-18-2010, 05:50 PM

Bingo.

Bingo Boingo

Mach1
11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/11/17/sen_rockefeller_fcc_should_take_fox_news_msnbc_off _airwaves.html

I can't believe that the dems still don't get it! They should have gotten the message when Scott Brown won. They should have gotten the message with historic losses in the house. They still re-elect pelosi and now this guy wants to take channels off the air waves because he doesn't like what they say? So it's easier for him to do his job? I didn't think they were that blind.

DOH.....The FCC has absolutely no control over cable TV or satellite TV. What a Dumb ASS

He want's to blind the American public to what their doing in Washington. Kinda like how obamacare was born behind a locked door.
"make their job easier"