PDA

View Full Version : Interesting discussion on Hines

Butch
11-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Hope this link works.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/20632/video-hines-ward-not-happy-sitting

stlrtruck
11-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Bomani Jones = :baby: :blah: :der:
Skip Bayless = :high5: :drink: :yay3: :boxing:

SteelerEmpire
11-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe each player who does not mind head injuries should be able to sign a waiver releasing the NFL of its liability. Or better yet, let the players union have a vote on this new head injury mumbo-jumbo...

SteelerSal
11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Hmm..me personally, I say Hines sitting was the best thing for his health. Hines can say all he wants that he tripped on the grass...bullshit, that guy was still coming out of the knockout blow that he recieved.
I love Hines like everyone else here but feel that he is more upset about not keeping his streak alive. I think if Hines made the catch on that play, we would not be having a discussion about this.

Butch
11-17-2010, 07:30 PM
1st off I don't even remotely like Bayless, but his points are much much better than that other guy...whoever he is.

I also will not argue that sitting Hines was best for his health, BUTTT I don't for the life of me believe this was about the streak...at least not entirely. Hines is a tough as nails, hard nosed, blue collar HERO!!! He wears that like a medal of honour!!! I believe he would have been just as adiment about not playing if he already had the catch to extend the streak.

Don't forget Hines is the guy who called out Ben for sitting for a game after a big hit. He knows that Ben gives the Steelers their best chance to win and so he called him out.

Hines, to old, to slow and to short to be a receiver has taken tough persevere attitude to an off the level charts. He's been told about all the things he can't do that it eats at him when those on the sidelines who are looking out for him are not letting him do what is really in his SOLE!!! It's who Hines is nothing more.

solardave
11-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Bomani Jones = :baby: :blah: :der:
Skip Bayless = :high5: :drink: :yay3: :boxing:

Agreed!!! Look who Jones has covered, Cleveland and Cincinnati.