PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin takes new approach to Steelers' adversity

stillers4me
11-17-2010, 05:03 AM
By John Harris (jharris@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, November 17, 2010

After his team was humbled in its biggest game of the season on national television, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin didn't revisit history and promise lineup changes or make bold proclamations.

Tomlin kept his message simple and direct following Sunday's 39-26 loss to the New England Patriots at Heinz Field. Because there was plenty of blame to go around, Tomlin pointed the finger at everyone, including himself.

"They made more consistent plays, more significant plays," Tomlin said of the Patriots, who amassed 453 yards of total offense and sacked quarterback Ben Roethlisberger five times. "We've got to get better."

A year ago, following a stunning loss to Oakland, also at Heinz Field, that dropped the Steelers record to 6-6, Tomlin vowed to shake up his defense the next game against Cleveland................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_709648.html

tube517
11-17-2010, 05:15 PM
"At this juncture, if you will, the standard is the standard, there will be a lot of football to be played by big men on blades of grass, if you will. It's a war of attrition and the most violent team wins. We accept that and it is what it is, thus far. The expectation level is very high as we try to make splash plays without worrying about style points."

(His new approach will be to put the last sentence (above) of the previous press conference at the beginning of the next press conference and use the same paragraph)

salamander
11-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Just as long as he doesn't unleash hell again.

Wallace108
11-17-2010, 06:09 PM
What exactly is this new approach the headline speaks of? That he's not going to say anything to try to motivate the players (:director: UNLEASH HELL)? :huh:

I'm not sure I can handle such drastic changes. :uhoh:

solardave
11-18-2010, 01:43 AM

Yeah, to hell with hell, let's just go play smashmouth football.

Galax Steeler
11-18-2010, 03:43 AM

I remember that it didn't work to good.