PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich vs. Roethlisberger

polamalubeast
06-04-2010, 08:58 PM
http://www.playerpress.com/articles/9436-leftwich-vs-roethlisberger

Leftwich vs. Roethlisberger

Written by playerpress.com, Friday June 04 2010

The Steeler Nation will be holding its breath when the regular season kicks off against the Atlanta Falcons on September 12th. Will the team be lousy without its star quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, or will they fly high under the veteran leadership of Byron Leftwich?

Leftwich’s numbers were never big when was at his best in Jacksonville. Then again, Leftwich was never known as a gunslinger, but more as a game manager which could be exactly what the Steelers need if they are going to return to being a running team that controls the ball.

The Steelers are a virtual mess right now thanks to the controversy surrounding Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes before he was traded. The team did not look very good at times with Roethlisberger behind center including a five game losing streak that took the defending champions out of the playoff hunt.

If Leftwich is able to rally the troops and get the Steelers off to a strong start should Tomlin leave well enough alone?

It would be easy if Tomlin or Leftwich would publicly state their feelings one way or the other. Tomlin has said nothing on the issue; when Leftwich did speak he did little to clear things up.

"I don't know. That's not a decision for me but that's a good problem to have. It's a good problem to have and I'm quite sure [Roethlisberger will] say the same thing. You want to go out there and, every chance you get, get a chance to win football games because we're all in it for one thing. We're all trying to win football games and hopefully you can win a championship.” (Yahoo)

siss
06-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Dear Lefty,
You are just borrowing the car. Ben is driving us to the super bowl.
Love always,
siss

P.S. don't change the seat settings.

SMR
06-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Dear Lefty,
Love always,
siss

:rofl:

steeldevil
06-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Dear Lefty,
Love always,
siss

yea and no back seat driving from Batch either... he may break his wrist on the stearing wheel :lol:

polamalubeast
06-04-2010, 11:05 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Wallace108
06-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Dear Lefty,
Love always,
siss

:rofl2:
Can't say it any better than that. :lol:

steelreserve
06-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Nah, I bet Leftwich does OK, because basically any decent QB will do OK on this team. Then who the hell knows what happens.

I mean, they'll bring back Ben, but then if he loses his first game -- MAN. Will there ever be a lot of bitching and moaning.

urgle burgle
06-05-2010, 04:37 AM
Dear Lefty,
Love always,
siss

blammo. yu just hit the nail on the head. many happy days in your future.

Prok
06-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Dear Lefty,
Love always,
siss

LMAO. Great stuff. As far as my feelings about Lefty? I love his spunk and want him starting the season. Hell, i want every player on the team trying their hardest to earn a starting job.

solardave
06-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Nah, I bet Leftwich does OK, because basically any decent QB will do OK on this team. Then who the hell knows what happens.

I mean, they'll bring back Ben, but then if he loses his first game -- MAN. Will there ever be a lot of bitching and moaning.

you're probably right about that. So he just doesn't lose.

86WARD
06-05-2010, 06:38 AM
The fact that this article even exists is ridiculous. If Byron is 4-0 and wins ever game by 28 points, Ben still returns to the helm. Leftwich is a statue behind center...he did alright in spot duty, but come on...he's no savior. I much rather see Dixon get a shot...

ALLD
06-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Don't change the presets on the radio either. Lefty should come out strong with a running game to mix plays up and take the pressure off throwing down the middle and exposing himself to sacks. BB looks like he will come back with a chip on his shoulder and a bunch to prove. After he shakes off the rust I believe he will be going for the jugular on the opposing teams' defenses. Lefty has been one of our best backup QBs since 2004 when BB was backup to Maddox.