PDA

View Full Version : RAIDERS WEEK!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Ok, so I hate every other team in the NFL, and each week, I hate whatever team we are playing most.

But the Raiders. I really hate the fcking Raiders.

Why? Because as a kid in the 70s, the Raiders were that other team in the AFC.

Currently, the record stands at Steelers 8, Raiders 10. That's right, we have a losing record to the those scummbags out in Oakland.

Playoffs, 3 losses to the Raiders with 3 wins in the Playoffs over the Raiders.

They try to call their Fans Raider Nation...where have I heard Nation before?

They try to be the bad guys in Black...WE WEAR BLACK!

Raiders are 3-2 in the Superbowl. We are 6-1.

They STILL Biatch about the Immaculate Reception. FCK THEM!!!! it was 1972 Fagggs! Quit your Crying!!!

"Hang onto your hats, here come the Steelers out of the huddle. Twenty-two seconds remaining. It's down to one big play, fourth down and 10 yards to go. Terry Bradshaw at the controls. And Bradshaw....running out of the pocket, looking for somebody to throw to, fires it downfield, and there's a collision! [volume increases] And it's caught out of the air! The ball is pulled in by Franco Harris! Harris is going for a touchdown for Pittsburgh!"
—Jack Fleming, on the Steelers radio broadcast

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Out of Oakland...

The Oakland Raiders returned to Alameda from their bye week break to get ready for their last seven games. Their next biggest opponent as always will not be the team that lines up across from them, but the one they see in the mirror every day.

Watching the New England Patriots make short work of the Pittsburgh Steelers, certain weaknesses in the modern version of the Steel Curtain were laid bare. However, the question is whether or not the Oakland Raiders will be able to take advantage of the same weaknesses that the Bill Belichick coached Pats were able to.

The Patriots were able to get to Ben Roethlisberger and sack him five times. This bodes well for the Oakland Raiders, as they are tied for third in the NFL in sacks. They should be able to take advantage of the Steelers' injury depleted offensive line.

more to read

http://www.examiner.com/oakland-raiders-in-oakland/oakland-raiders-versus-themselves-and-pittsburgh-steelers

steelpride12
11-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Going to be another tough test for the OL, not sure if Kemo will be in for this one, but the Raiders know how to get to the QB and have a pretty decent defense to be honest. Also looking forward to seeing how the Steelers respond after being completely dominated in all aspects of the ball in the NE loss, will they come out firing on all cylinders and prove their worth or fall back in the league and fail like they did last season?

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Some interesting Stats for the Raiders to look at

Raiders are #6 in over all Defense
Steelers are #9

Raiders are #24 against the Run
Steelers are #1 against the Run

Raiders are #2 against the Pass
Steelers are #26 against the Pass

Raiders are #12 in total offense
Steelera are #24 in total offense

Raiders are #2 in Rushing
Steelers are #13 in Rushing

Raiders are #25 in Passing
Steelers are #22 in Passing.

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm hoping we can establish the run this week agains the weaker run defense of the Raiders. Open up our play action passes to Wallace and even Miller. Try not to win this game with our receivers that love to drop the ball and our Oline that has trouble if Ben holds onto the ball too long. We can win this game the old fashion way.

Campbell doesn't scare me at QB, but McFadden is going to be a work load to stop. We have to shut their running game down first and foremost. We should be able to, but that kid McFadden is super fast. I watched him live in college, he has a second gear, a lot like Chris Johnson, once he gets around the corner a Linebacker won't be catching him outside. It will but up to Ike and our McFadden to really show up in run support for those off tackle runs Darren loves to run. He loves to bounce it right outside the Tackle and make it a track race. He can go between the tackles some, but not like Peterson or even Mendenhall. He's a "bouncer". That's where all his big runs happen. He's got skinny little chicken legs but a strong upper body and is hard to take down. The points of attack are going to have to be perfect on him.

steelpride12
11-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Im not worried about the run game. I know Mcfadden has come up big this season and tore up the #2 rushing defense in the league for 253 rushing yards, but we have made it obvious the Steelers will be there to stop the run. Raiders Ranked below the Steelers in passing as well is a positive stat, I can't see Cambell tearing apart our secondary, but at the same time we let McCoy and other sub par QB's do it so know knows.

silver & black
11-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Ok, so I hate every other team in the NFL, and each week, I hate whatever team we are playing most.

But the Raiders. I really hate the fcking Raiders.

Why? Because as a kid in the 70s, the Raiders were that other team in the AFC.

Currently, the record stands at Steelers 8, Raiders 10. That's right, we have a losing record to the those scummbags out in Oakland.

Playoffs, 3 losses to the Raiders with 3 wins in the Playoffs over the Raiders.

They try to call their Fans Raider Nation...where have I heard Nation before?

They try to be the bad guys in Black...WE WEAR BLACK!

Raiders are 3-2 in the Superbowl. We are 6-1.

They STILL Biatch about the Immaculate Reception. FCK THEM!!!! it was 1972 Fagggs! Quit your Crying!!!

"Hang onto your hats, here come the Steelers out of the huddle. Twenty-two seconds remaining. It's down to one big play, fourth down and 10 yards to go. Terry Bradshaw at the controls. And Bradshaw....running out of the pocket, looking for somebody to throw to, fires it downfield, and there's a collision! [volume increases] And it's caught out of the air! The ball is pulled in by Franco Harris! Harris is going for a touchdown for Pittsburgh!"
—Jack Fleming, on the Steelers radio broadcast

Now that's what I like to hear from opposing fans!... at least when we play their team. :grin:

I can't wait for Sunday... I love to play the Steelers! Heres to a great game with no injuries on either team... :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Now that's what I like to hear from opposing fans!... at least when we play their team. :grin:

I can't wait for Sunday... I love to play the Steelers! Heres to a great game with no injuries on either team... :drink:

Bout time you guys got good enough again to be worth Hating!!! GO STEELERS!!!!

Merchant
11-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Wish they still had Russell starting :chuckle:

steelpride12
11-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Wish they still had Russell starting :chuckle:
Oh don't worry if he was playing our secondary would make him look like Joe Montana out there.

Galax Steeler
11-17-2010, 03:49 AM
If we can't stop the pass then it is going to be another long game.

Dino 6 Rings
11-17-2010, 09:22 AM
I like our chances as long as we come out physical and play hard and hit harder. We got out hit early last week, we looked timid and out of sync. We need to be agressive and attack the ball on every play on defense and run the ball right at their defense to draw that safety down into the box to open up Wallace Really Deep.

Dino 6 Rings
11-18-2010, 10:34 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

steelpride12
11-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I think the Steelers will come out firing on all cylinders. I won't be the one to think the season will slump any further and find the Pats game to be a wake up call and a damn good one. The Steelers will pound the run game and the defense will make huge stops because I have no confidence in Campbell tearing us apart.

The Duke
11-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Just like the browns embarassed the patriots and came out firing against the steelers, I expect the steelers to come out firing against the raiders after being humiliated against the pats

if they come out letargic again THEN there are issues with this team

I trust them

GodfatherofSoul
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
The good news from the Pats game is it sounds like the defense already understands how they were getting beat. Now, if they can adjust their schemes to cover, we'll be OK. Assuming the schemes and personal can be adapted...

Count Steeler
11-18-2010, 04:04 PM
OK. The week that was is over. Pats won, we sucked. Here's hoping we had some good practice sessions and that the players are ready to play some Steeler football. Injuries aside, yes they are mounting and are becoming an issue, I am looking forward to Sunday's game. Looking for a breakout game on offense and a solid team effort on defense. Looking for a 24-10 win, setting us back on course to SB win #7.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!:tt03::tt02::tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
pads on Wednesday is always a good way to get ready to knock someone's head off!

O'Malley
11-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Great teams overcome adversity. This week it's time to be great!

Wake up call recieved. Time to get rolling. Time for guys to step up and be Steelers. Time for the D to play first and worry about fines later. I can see this lighting a fire, and I hope it is burning brite!

polamalubeast
11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
must win for the steelers!

polamalubeast
11-19-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMDIcsUMmA

silver & black
11-19-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZQtJ5REdc

Doc
11-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Might be weird to say about a 6-3 team, but this is a must win IMO.