PDA

View Full Version : Random Steeler thoughts from the outside.

SirHulka
11-16-2010, 02:09 AM
How can you guys do this to such a great player? <sniff> <sniff>
I mean, that's your KICKER we're talking about man, your KICKER! <sniff> <sniff>
If you fans would only have his back, and stop hating, he wouldn't be missing all those chip shots. <sob> <sob> I mean, <sob> that's your kicker, man.
(Thank you, T O )

I guess we'll just have to make the playoffs this year, so we can kick Marcia's prissy face in, so he can feel like a terrible QB because he lost to CLEVELAND! Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't see you guys beating them, because from here, it looks like Tomlin is Brady's beotch. Or maybe LeBeau is. Either way, he's been carving you guys up pretty good lately.

A Tale of Two Quarterbacks.
Marcia: We lost. We had a bad week. We were out of sync. I feel like a terrible QB to lose to that team. WWAAAAHHH!!!
#7: We got beat. I take full blame for it.

Guess which one is the cry-baby p***y and which one is owning up and taking responsibility?

Tomlin better do something different next draft. I've never heard of a team starting 11 LB's on defense, but it looks like he's trying to be the first. If he doesn't do something serious about both lines, especially the O, you're in danger of becoming the Bengals 2.0

WTF is LeBeau doing? Making a LINEBACKER the rover, and making Polamalu play a more structured game??

You still have a good team, but I can see cracks in the foundation.

Craic
11-16-2010, 02:24 AM
I mean, that's your KICKER we're talking about man, your KICKER! <sniff> <sniff>
If you fans would only have his back, and stop hating, he wouldn't be missing all those chip shots. <sob> <sob> I mean, <sob> that's your kicker, man.
(Thank you, T O )

I guess we'll just have to make the playoffs this year, so we can kick Marcia's prissy face in, so he can feel like a terrible QB because he lost to CLEVELAND! Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't see you guys beating them, because from here, it looks like Tomlin is Brady's beotch. Or maybe LeBeau is. Either way, he's been carving you guys up pretty good lately.

Marcia: We lost. We had a bad week. We were out of sync. I feel like a terrible QB to lose to that team. WWAAAAHHH!!!

Guess which one is the cry-baby p***y and which one is owning up and taking responsibility?

Tomlin better do something different next draft. I've never heard of a team starting 11 LB's on defense, but it looks like he's trying to be the first. If he doesn't do something serious about both lines, especially the O, you're in danger of becoming the Bengals 2.0

WTF is LeBeau doing? Making a LINEBACKER the rover, and making Polamalu play a more structured game??

Bye Bye Jeff. Be careful of the Towel Dispensers on the way out.

On that game... well, every team has a down game. Pats had it with you all, we had it with the pats. That's ok.

On the QB's. Yep. That is a big difference, and another sign that hopefully, he has really grown up. I do like seeing it.

On LB's. We needed a serious overhall at LB first. That is the engine that drives this train. We went from 2 aging linebackers and two placeholder linebackers w/ only one good backup to 3 Pro-Bowl LB's and two LB's that just may be starters on any other team in a couple years in Worlids and Sylvester. So i don't have a problem at all with those draft choices.

Troy is getting older. He is getting more injured. His career was almost over last year with the knee injury. He is lucky to be playing again. Timmons is the new young stud on the team. He has a LONG career ahead of him barring injury. I think this is just about the exact right time for the tradeoff.

I'm not worried about Cracks in the foundation. We look that way every three or four years or so... only to come back even stronger. Naa, I think we actually have a very good core to work with.

SirHulka
11-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Two things:
1. Marcia has put up over 300+ yards against you the last 3 games. Only other person EVER to do that was Brian Sipe.

2. You didn't mention the O-line. (or the secondary)

Godfather
11-16-2010, 07:53 AM
2. You didn't mention the O-line. (or the secondary)

We had 3 starters out on the O-line. That not only means we're playing guys who aren't as good (or they would be starters) but we don't have enough depth to substitute periodically and stay fresh in the trenches. That's a big deal. Plus it's too soon to write off guys like Urbik and Foster. Let them develop and see what we have.

We have three solid players in the secondary--Troy and the 504 Boyz. When Clark gets too old (not being a starter his first few years means he has less mileage on his body), we can move Face Me Ike over to free safety. Our problem is B-Mac is having a terrible year and that one weakness in the starting lineup is getting us killed.

For the long term, we need to load up on defensive backs and defensive linemen but we can do that over the next two years. We're well situated at the offensive skill positions for a long time. Wallace is an elite receiver, Ben is a franchise quarterback, and Sanders is showing a lot of promise.

CanadianSteel
11-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Whatever dude..... go find a Brownstains forum and gloat - oh wait Browns also lost as well last week - what a shock.
Maybe you and your Browns fans hey can talk about superbowl again next off-season.....
Big deal you beat one team we lost to - we beat several every year while the Browns shit the bed ever year.
Cant wait till hopes get up next off-season in BrownStain land only to watch them continue strive for mediocrity...

LLT
11-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Wow...that 3-6 record has got SirHulka feeling all giddy.

But then...when little is accomplished...little is expected.

SteelMember
11-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Well, Big Toe, You didn't need to let Sanchez look like the 2nd coming of the golden boy either.

Holmes does it again... :doh: Damn you, Smokey!

Devilsdancefloor
11-16-2010, 12:53 PM
this is the only thing i can remember about brian sipe :

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.

Yes i really think we need to look at both lines big toe, but for the past decade all the steelers have head from everyone else in the AFCN is you are falling apart you need "x" postion or whatever and in the end we are usually on top.

Wallace108
11-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Whatever dude..... go find a Brownstains forum and gloat

Sometimes it's hard for us to look at our own team objectively. I don't necessarily agree with Hulka's assessment, but I appreciate him giving his objective view of our troubles. Big Toe contributes a lot to this board and isn't here just to gloat or antagonize us.

tube517
11-16-2010, 03:11 PM
:lol:

We don't run a 3-4 or 3-8, it's an 0-11-0 defense. Troy is a LB in a safety's body.

(Thank you, T O )