PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben after loss to Pats*

7SteelGal43
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
"for me a loss is a loss, I don't care who it's against - AFC, NFC, AFC north - to me it's just not fun, as I said I'll take this one on me, I need to play better, to get this offense moving"

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Ben-Roethlisberger---Post-Game---Patriots/0df5e01a-3391-4ff0-af13-50924c45e21d

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Ben-Roethlisberger---Post-Game---Patriots/0df5e01a-3391-4ff0-af13-50924c45e21d

I watched the William Gay video; he looked pretty squirmy. Almost felt bad for him.

Count Steeler
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
That's it Ben. Be the leader on this team. They need you now, more than ever.

salamander
11-15-2010, 09:16 PM
I have to give credit to Brady*... he really was fired up last night. Sometimes a team needs that.

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Youi mean that sissy fit he took?

RushHard34
11-15-2010, 09:30 PM

such a whiny bitch

NCSteeler
11-15-2010, 09:31 PM

Yeah, I love when they were going on about his great fire. Anyone else and they would be bad mouthing them for disrupting the team and being a bad teammate. Which is it you want TO and Ocho or not.

Borski
11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I have to give credit to Brady*... he really was fired up last night. Sometimes a team needs that.

I think he looked like an asshole, all the complaining and that time he was yelling at his team. Not yelling in a motivating way, he looked like he was insulting them the way he was yelling.

zulater
11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Time to take the training wheels off Ben and let him set the offensive tempo with his arm.

zulater
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
I think he looked like an asshole, all the complaining and that time he was yelling at his team. Not yelling in a motivating way, he looked like he was insulting them the way he was yelling.

Agreed. Great player, petulant punk otherwise.

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 09:36 PM

I didn't like that either. He looked like a spoiled little punk.

steelpride12
11-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Hopefully this game will motivate Ben to go out there next Sunday and he will go out there lead the offense and get the W!

Psycho Ward 86
11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Look on the bright side, Ben and Wallace really helped some fantasy teams with their skewed stats: 387 yards passing, 3 TD's 8 catches 136 yards 2 TD's :chuckle:

RushHard34
11-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Look on the bright side, Ben and Wallace really helped some fantasy teams with their skewed stats: 387 yards passing, 3 TD's 8 catches 136 yards 2 TD's :chuckle:

The only reason why i won this week....

pepsyman1
11-15-2010, 10:11 PM

There actually was a bright side with Ben and Wallace...with Hines out, Wallace became the go to guy and wasn't just the guy who Ben hits on an occasional deep route. Sanders also had a productive game. Hopefully, we can properly involve these guys in the game plan going forward.

tube517
11-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Except for running the wrong route in the EZ on that one play, Sanders is being more productive. I hope he is able to move ARE to #4 WR soon.

There actually was a bright side with Ben and Wallace...with Hines out, Wallace became the go to guy and wasn't just the guy who Ben hits on an occasional deep route. Sanders also had a productive game. Hopefully, we can properly involve these guys in the game plan going forward.

Craic
11-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I love when they were going on about his great fire. Anyone else and they would be bad mouthing them for disrupting the team and being a bad teammate. Which is it you want TO and Ocho or not.

Exactly-- last week, those two were horrible teammates for doing the same thing. Now, Brady is a great leader? I guess when you are the face of the industry, it is anathema to speak against you.

salamander
11-16-2010, 06:17 AM
I obviously missed something with Brady* last week after their loss. :dizzy: :lol:

Either way, my point was that sometimes someone has to step up and be vocal on a team. I hate Marsha as much as everyone else, but he must've done something right on Sunday. :crazy:

stillers4me
11-16-2010, 06:25 AM
I obviously missed something with Brady* last week after their loss. :dizzy: :lol:

Either way, my point was that sometimes someone has to step up and be vocal on a team. I hate Marsha as much as everyone else, but he must've done something right on Sunday. :crazy:

He showed up.

HometownGal
11-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Kudos to Ben for re-emerging as a leader. :drink:

Say what you will about Ben, but I can't remember him ever throwing a temper tantrum like Ass Chin did on Sunday night. Me thinks the Cheats* equipment manager should keep a supply of tampons on hand.

salamander
11-16-2010, 07:57 AM
First off, I'm not saying anything negative about Ben. He did not lose us this game. Secondly, I'm only saying something about Brady because he obviously sparked something in the Pats*. That's just my opinion. Never said anyone had to agree with me.

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2010, 11:50 AM
First off, I'm not saying anything negative about Ben. He did not lose us this game. Secondly, I'm only saying something about Brady because he obviously sparked something in the Pats*. That's just my opinion. Never said anyone had to agree with me.

The hate for the Pats and Brady is so deep for some Steelers fans they can't see the truth. Brady was telling his guys, that they can't afford to miss one single play against the Steelers. He was yelling at them that to win, they had to be perfect on offense, he knew, his D wasn't going to keep us off the board totally and that they needed to take every chance they could. He is a great QB. Is he a biatch? Yep. Does he destroy the Steelers Zone Blitz Defense, yep. Do we hate him for it, Yep. But the truth is, the guy is a gamer, gets up for the games against us, hates us too, and really loves sticking it to the Steelers.

It is what it is, matchups for us suck against him and that offense. Our D never seems to be able to get to him before he gets rid of the ball, and their offense always finds our weakness on defense, which this week, was clearly, Gay covering the Tight End. Glaring weakness exposed. At least it happened now and not in a post season game.

That's all I'm saying about that.

Ben needed to get fired up this last game, the offense sputtered and gave up way to many chances inside the redzone. that is on the Offense. 13-3 and we get the ball at the 4 and go 3 and out and then miss a field goal. That sucked big time for momentum.

salamander
11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
The hate for the Pats and Brady is so deep for some Steelers fans they can't see the truth. Brady was telling his guys, that they can't afford to miss one single play against the Steelers. He was yelling at them that to win, they had to be perfect on offense, he knew, his D wasn't going to keep us off the board totally and that they needed to take every chance they could. He is a great QB. Is he a biatch? Yep. Does he destroy the Steelers Zone Blitz Defense, yep. Do we hate him for it, Yep. But the truth is, the guy is a gamer, gets up for the games against us, hates us too, and really loves sticking it to the Steelers.

It is what it is, matchups for us suck against him and that offense. Our D never seems to be able to get to him before he gets rid of the ball, and their offense always finds our weakness on defense, which this week, was clearly, Gay covering the Tight End. Glaring weakness exposed. At least it happened now and not in a post season game.

That's all I'm saying about that.

Ben needed to get fired up this last game, the offense sputtered and gave up way to many chances inside the redzone. that is on the Offense. 13-3 and we get the ball at the 4 and go 3 and out and then miss a field goal. That sucked big time for momentum.

Well said. As much as we all love to hate him, he's a good QB. As I stated earlier, he obviously sparked something in his team.

siss
11-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I hate Tom Brady more then I love the Steelers.

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I hate Tom Brady more then I love the Steelers.

Does your hate of Tom have anything to do with how much you Love the Steelers? just asking.

siss
11-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Does your hate of Tom have anything to do with how much you Love the Steelers? just asking.

No I want to smack the smug look off his metro sexual pansy ass!

Edman
11-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Until we come in serious and ready to play, we'll never beat Tom Brady and the Pats. Our way doesn't work against them.

Is Tom Brady a *****? Damn straight he is, but he gets his guys ready to play. He makes the offense take charge of the game. Notice how the Patriots never fall back on crap like "Get a lead and let the Defense win it". They attack and attack on Offense. You know, the guys whose sole job is to score points.

I'm taking Ben's words with a grain of salt, and I'm disappointed that the rest of you are not, especially after last year's cluster****. He and the Offense didn't do **** until the game was out of hand and the Pats D backed off. The Patriots D was eating his lunch and making Arians look like a goon all game. Ben and Wallace racked up their yardage in garbage time when the game was no longer competitive. That's not good. That's pathetic.

The Steelers were thoroughly thrashed as a team Sunday Night. I see no silver lining or positives anywhere.

BeerMan
11-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Brady was telling his guys, that they can't afford to miss one single play against the Steelers. He was yelling at them that to win, they had to be perfect on offense, he knew, his D wasn't going to keep us off the board totally and that they needed to take every chance they could.

I'm pretty sure he was berating his teammates for passing up a golden opportunity. He knew that he had guys open all night long and that there was no reason to not score on every possession. He certainly didn't fear our D.

Steeldude
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM

looked to me like he was yelling at his team to get the job done and play better. i remember marino doing this quite often. brady commanded a well orchestrated attack. he once again destroyed the steelers with ease. brady commands his team. BR at this point has not shown that ability.

i doubt anyone will ever see BR yelling at his team when they play poorly/without fire. you may see him walking the sideline saying "come on, baby", but that will be the extent of it.

also, lambert has yelled at his teammates for poor play or playing below expectations. i wouldn't call it a sissy fit, but that's just my opinion. :)

Merchant
11-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I thought Ben played well Sunday. ARE and Wallace had critical drops in the endzone. Those would've been Touchdowns. Sanders ran the wrong route on an endzone pass intended for him. That's a potential 21 points right there. Reed missed a chip shot. That's another 3 points. The O-Line was getting abused all day. On the other side of the ball, the defense played terrible. WILLIAM GAY. Do I need to say more? Brady was having a cup of tea in the pocket. I thought Ben and Wallace were one of the few bright spots.