PDA

View Full Version : Brady Was NEVER Sacked By The Mighty Steelers

SteelerEmpire
11-15-2010, 02:45 PM
The New York Football Giants showed us ALL how to beat this knuckle-head (Brady) in the SB: You HAVE to sack and put pressure on Brady if you are to beat the Patriots. Yet, LeBeau, somehow "chose" not to run blitzes at this guy ? He sat back there and could have had "tea and cheese" every play first before deciding to throw the ball ! I did notice that late in the game there were a couple of blitzes used and Brady was like a deer in headlights ! ...so blitzing would have worked.
And Ben. Poor Ben. He hit the dirt so many times I stopped counting.
This was a home game with an opposing team and QB that the Steelers should have had "Spygate Payback" on their minds, instead they play like their "afraid" of this guy or something ? Now, we can't say that Spygate is the reason for their "Owning" us.

Edman
11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
We are so outclassed by New England it's pretty sad.

Like I said earlier, even if this team gets into the playoffs, the Pats will just humiliate us again. Pittsburgh just can't beat these guys. It's not an AFC marquee matchup, it's a forgone assbeating. When we play the Pats, we will lose, and badly. We just look so helpless against them. On Offense and Defense.

I've come to accept it now, so I'm no longer upset. We're going to have to CHANGE our ways in order to beat them. It's just the way it is.

Steeldude
11-15-2010, 03:55 PM
would dom capers be so passive against the patriots if he was the steelers DC?

Godfather
11-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Without Keisel and Smith we can't get pressure with our front three. Add that to Brokeback throwing quick passes and we don't get to him.

HughC
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
A couple of things. Saying "all you have to do is hit him and pressure him" is kind of oversimplifying things, isn't it? I mean, you can say the same thing about every other NFL quarterback too. Good quarterbacks will recognize single coverage and exploit that with a quick pass if you bring the house every time.

The reason the Giants were so successful was that they were able to get that pressure without having to bring an extra pass rusher that day. If the Giants, Steelers, or any other team could count on doing that week in and week out then success is almost guaranteed.

Don't forget if we're constantly blitzing then we're also constantly leaving our corners in single coverage. Not sure if I like that idea.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 05:06 PM
A couple of things. Saying "all you have to do is hit him and pressure him" is kind of oversimplifying things, isn't it? I mean, you can say the same thing about every other NFL quarterback too. Good quarterbacks will recognize single coverage and exploit that with a quick pass if you bring the house every time.

The reason the Giants were so successful was that they were able to get that pressure without having to bring an extra pass rusher that day. If the Giants, Steelers, or any other team could count on doing that week in and week out then success is almost guaranteed.

Don't forget if we're constantly blitzing then we're also constantly leaving our corners in single coverage. Not sure if I like that idea.

Big Blue was also boasting an excellent rotation on the D-Line.

Moose
11-15-2010, 05:06 PM
I mentioned in another post that I think Harrison is playing soft. He's not busting thru the line after the QB....no threat at all anymore. I guess he's just scarred of being fined or suspended. But his play, or lack of, has shown the past few games. And Troy is no where to be found. What the heck is up with that ? I only saw Troy Sunday night on a couple of plays. It was awfully hard to watch. Not Steeler football at all....not even close.

JayC
11-15-2010, 05:09 PM
our d-line got too old which makes them prone to injury and we haven't done a good job addresing those needs. instead we draft a ton of linebackers that we end up having to release one of them and other ones can only play special teams because we already have good starters. this team needs to do a better job in the draft or in free agency

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 05:10 PM
I mentioned in another post that I think Harrison is playing soft. He's not busting thru the line after the QB....no threat at all anymore. I guess he's just scarred of being fined or suspended. But his play, or lack of, has shown the past few games. And Troy is no where to be found. What the heck is up with that ? I only saw Troy Sunday night on a couple of plays. It was awfully hard to watch. Not Steeler football at all....not even close.

I haven't seen any drop in Harrison's performance. He may be struggling a little more, but that's probably more to do with no Keisel. Same with Wood/Smith missing on the other side.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Its similar to the last time Aaron Smith was lost for the season. Nobody collapses the pocket, they only need 1 blocker to stop Hood and there is now some help to block the OLB's. I also think Harrison was sub par.

Everybody thinks its the secondary, but no pressure on the QB and passes will be completed.

JayC
11-15-2010, 05:36 PM
I haven't seen any drop in Harrison's performance. He may be struggling a little more, but that's probably more to do with no Keisel. Same with Wood/Smith missing on the other side.

yeah i can't blame harrison, i thought he was decent against the bengals and he saved us at the end of that game or even more people would be pissed off at the moment for being 0-3 and a lucky break away vs miami from being 0-4 in our last 4 games.

pepsyman1
11-15-2010, 05:41 PM

After a game like we just saw, what would we really be risking? We aren't going to stop Brady with the approach we took last night. The Browns gave the Patriots a tough time by imitating US!!!! They kept Brady guessing where the pressure was coming from and they committed to trying to get him on his back. As bad as he made us look, we have absolutely nothing to lose by trying the same approach

HometownGal
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Everybody thinks its the secondary, but no pressure on the QB and passes will be completed.

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner. :applaudit: Spot on Gonz.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Its similar to the last time Aaron Smith was lost for the season. Nobody collapses the pocket, they only need 1 blocker to stop Hood and there is now some help to block the OLB's. I also think Harrison was sub par.

I think our secondary has been okay. In fact, Ike appears to be having a great year. Harrison and Wood are suffering due to the poor d-line penetration/block absorption, but I stand by my feelings regarding Gay being a liability in pass coverage.

zulater
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
First off, I think Harrison was showing the ill effects of back spasms and probably shouldn't have been out there. To think his performance wasn't negatively effected by what he'd been through would probably indicate you never suffered a bout of back spasms yourself in your life. I have, and believe me having to get your 6 year old son to put on your socks wasn't one of my life's highlights.

But regardless i agree with the overall premise of this thread, what we were doing was obviously not working, so why we stuck with it I don't know? If you can't cover blitz! And keep coming until you get there. Hit the douche late if you have to, just don't let the prick go home with a clean uniform!

Tomlin needs to take LeBeau to the woodshed over this game and figure out how to fix the mess together!

Psycho Ward 86
11-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Harrison had a horrible game, but i dont really blame him because of his back spasms. Alge Crumpler had his number all night. You could tell that back was really affecting him, he was bending over at the waist really badly when he was run stopping.

salamander
11-15-2010, 07:19 PM
First off, I think Harrison was showing the ill effects of back spasms and probably shouldn't have been out there. To think his performance wasn't negatively effected by what he'd been through would probably indicate you never suffered a bout of back spasms yourself in your life. I have, and believe me having to get your 6 year old son to put on your socks wasn't one of my life's highlights.

But regardless i agree with the overall premise of this thread, what we were doing was obviously not working, so why we stuck with it I don't know? If you can't cover blitz! And keep coming until you get there. Hit the douche late if you have to, just don't let the prick go home with a clean uniform!

Tomlin needs to take LeBeau to the woodshed over this game and figure out how to fix the mess together!

Tomlin will just unleash hell again :peep: :chuckle:

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 07:26 PM

I've lived through a ruptured L5 and a herniated L4. I'm susceptible to back spasms as well. If he was suffering, he wouldn't have been out there unless they gave him the magic shot. He played his ass off; Brady was just able to get rid of it.

zulater
11-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I've lived through a ruptured L5 and a herniated L4. I'm susceptible to back spasms as well. If he was suffering, he wouldn't have been out there unless they gave him the magic shot. He played his ass off; Brady was just able to get rid of it.

If it was a simple case of Brady getting rid of it then they should have been jamming the receivers at the line, and dropping linebackers into the short passing lanes. I don't know but it looked like they were playing well off the receivers most of the night. Hell, I'd rather be beat over the top every play than get killed by that slow bleed.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
If it was a simple case of Brady getting rid of it then they should have been jamming the receivers at the line, and dropping linebackers into the short passing lanes. I don't know but it looked like they were playing well off the receivers most of the night. Hell, I'd rather be beat over the top every play than get killed by that slow bleed.
He was killing us with the throws in the flat. Considering Harrison was suffering (assuming he was, I've not heard a thing officially), he still got closer than Woodley. It's not them. It's our back up DE's and probably the absence of any rotation there.