PDA

View Full Version : Put up or shut up for Steelers CB McFadden

Steeldude
11-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Tonight's game against New England at Heinz Field is huge for Steelers cornerback Bryant McFadden. The pressure is rising, and McFadden's value is falling like Blockbuster stock.

There are indications, if you know where to look, that McFadden's status as the starting left corner is becoming more precarious each day. Local journalists aren't permitted to report what occurs at practice, but there were signs last week that a shakeup in the secondary could be forthcoming. cont'd...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_709249.html

we all saw how poorly mcfadden played last night. i was dead set against bringing mcfadden back, especially for that price. he wasn't any good when he was here before. he sucked in AZ and they dispersed of him quickly.

tube517
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
We have nobody behind him either. Gay? Bwahahahahahahaha....Lewis? Don't know if he's in Tomlin's doghouse. Butler? They won't start rookies.

Don't hold your breath. Remember when Tomlin hinted of "changes" last year ? Nada.

Devilsdancefloor
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Lewis and butler can not be any worse a duo than gay & bmac try them out something has to be done very very soon. i hope tomlin doesnt sit and wait to long to make a change or say he is and nothing happens.

SteelerSal
11-15-2010, 12:18 PM
but there were signs last week that a shakeup in the secondary could be forthcoming.

And just who the heck on the roster will replace him?

Steeldude
11-15-2010, 12:24 PM
And just who the heck on the roster will replace him?

this inanimate rod

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gmPnOBaxFWk/S48MuVA5S1I/AAAAAAAABsA/q7mfyvVopLo/s400/carbon+rod.bmp

tube517
11-15-2010, 12:34 PM
I'd be very suprised to see Tomlin make a drastic change.

Lewis and butler can not be any worse a duo than gay & bmac try them out something has to be done very very soon. i hope tomlin doesnt sit and wait to long to make a change or say he is and nothing happens.

SMR
11-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Would I have been wrong to have suggest that we should have tried to get Revis?

:peep:

Merchant
11-16-2010, 09:23 PM

He said the R-Word :O

Get him!!

Galax Steeler
11-17-2010, 04:23 AM

I was high on getting him in the draft but the jets jumped in front of us and took him.

zulater
11-17-2010, 09:53 AM
We should have drafted Tom Brady, and Chris Johnson, and Alex Mack, and ....

Texasteel
11-17-2010, 10:58 AM

One thing I would say about that is with what went on in NY I'm not sure Revis would still be in Pittsburgh if we had of drafted him. But I guess we'll never know for sure.

SteelMember
11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
If there is a change... and Gay gets moved to #2... This place will go bat shit crazy.

Lewis may have the talent, but his emotions have cost him. Rookie positioning mistakes will cost us just as much Bmacs physical ones too, imo.

SCSTILLER
11-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Anyway you slice it, none of our options at cornerback are good. Does anyone else miss Deshea Townsend? I know he was up there in age and had lost a step, but he still would have been a better keeper than Gay. Saw the Indy game awhile ago, and Deshea was playing pretty well for them. I just think we may have kept the wrong guys. Oh well.

By the way, and this is sure to stir the pot, but do you all remember when Carnell Lake played CB for us during an injury plague to the CB's at the time? Well, does anyone think having Troy as a CB is a good option since he is no longer able to be his Tazmanian all over the field self now that Timmons has showed his potential. Personally, I don't like the idea, but wanted to see if anyone had thought this would be.

shutdown
11-17-2010, 01:54 PM
I tried telling people, if you look at the numbers: McFadden vs. Gay, McFadden wasn't any better. Gay actually had more STOP's than McFadden.

I never understood what all the uproar was about. That side of the field was still suspect with either guy playing it.

GodfatherofSoul
11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I guess the thing I don't get is, OK it looked like Gay has *really* sucked in the nickel and McFadden has (from what I've seen) sucked less. Why is McFadden the target and not Gay? The latter would seem to be the guy replaceable with less risk. Assuming what we think is going to happen is true, we're promoting a questionable CB. Maybe they think there won't be any drop-off in performance and that McFadden will be more effective in the nickel?

NJarhead
11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
McFadden isn't great, but he did break up a TD pass in the end zone and he was NOT the one who gave of 3 td's to a TE. Not sure why, if there's an article about a shake up at CB, it's not about Gay being demoted.