PDA

View Full Version : If the NFL really wants to end helmet to helmet hits...

Godfather
11-15-2010, 10:35 AM
they should review each one carefully and if it was clearly intentional (like last night), the victimized team gets to kick one player of its choice out of the game. So when Sanders cheap-shots Ward, we get to send Brady to the locker room.

I guarantee you THAT will put an end to that BS once and for all.

ALLD
11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
You all forgot that Steelers are fined and make the cover of SI while the commissioner looks the other way when other teams do it to the Steelers. If you are going to change the rules and bestow huge fines on players, apply it fairly.

BTW, nothing was mentioned at all on Sirius NFL Network this morning about the helmet-to-helmet hits, but every single talk show host deep throated Brady and cradled his ballsac.

fansince'76
11-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Seems to me the NFL really doesn't care about helmet-to-helmet hits if the media doesn't squawk about it. Don't hear the media squawking about it, ergo....

steelpride12
11-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Well seems early the only helmet to helmet hits they give a shit about is when the Steelers are accused.

LLT
11-15-2010, 11:16 AM
The league has NO IDEA how to enforce head to head hits. Their process is so arbitrary that it TRULY does seem that Goodell and company listen to the talking heads to decide if a fine is forthcoming.

Harrison is fined for a Head to Head hit against the Browns WR Massaquoi even though he ducked into the hit.
Eagles safety Kurt Coleman is NOT fined for a Head to Head hit against Austin Collie BECAUSE Collie ducked into the hit.

Ernie Sims was fined for a hit against a "defenseless" Titan wide reciever Lavelle Hawkins
Hines Ward was hit in the back of the head...from behind... during the saints game....yet no fine issued.

Goodell is a politician...not a commisioner. The fans hate him...the players hate him... BUT Robert Kraft LOVES him...so i guess its all good.

#1Steelersbabe
11-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I totally agree with you. It's a bunch of BS!!!!

#1Steelersbabe
11-15-2010, 01:12 PM
SO TRUE..what a bunch of bullshit....that pissed me off so bad

Godfather
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Goodell is a politician...not a commisioner. The fans hate him...the players hate him... BUT Robert Kraft LOVES him...so i guess its all good.

Goofdell is going to ruin the league. Not just with inconsistent enforcement of rules, but with the labor dispute. Re-open the contract and threaten a lockout...genius. Especially when your starting point is a longer season (more opportunities for players to get hurt) AND the players taking a pay cut. He's basically guaranteeing the 2011 season will be ruined.

I feel sorry for the current college seniors.

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2010, 02:22 PM
What's total BS is that Goodell keeps saying that the officials are supposed to err on the side of caution, meaning that if it's close, it gets called. I guess that only happens when it's not the Steelers getting hit.

7willBheaven
11-15-2010, 02:48 PM
The league has NO IDEA how to enforce head to head hits. Their process is so arbitrary that it TRULY does seem that Goodell and company listen to the talking heads to decide if a fine is forthcoming.

Harrison is fined for a Head to Head hit against the Browns WR Massaquoi even though he ducked into the hit.
Eagles safety Kurt Coleman is NOT fined for a Head to Head hit against Austin Collie BECAUSE Collie ducked into the hit.

Ernie Sims was fined for a hit against a "defenseless" Titan wide reciever Lavelle Hawkins
Hines Ward was hit in the back of the head...from behind... during the saints game....yet no fine issued.

Actually I think the Collie hit was explained that since he had a defender on his back pushing him down...which lead to the hit by Coleman is why they didnt fine/etc...as it wasnt the defenders fault in that case. I see the same thing for the Hines hit last night...he had a defender on his back pushing him down and he gets hit in the helmet. Not saying its right/wrong/etc...but that is just based on the Collie incident.

steel striker
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Goodell = WORTHLESS

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Seems to me the NFL really doesn't care about helmet-to-helmet hits if the media doesn't squawk about it. Don't hear the media squawking about it, ergo....

You know what was rich? Collinsworthless saying out of one side of his face how Hines wasn't a defenseless receiver, but then out of the other side of his suck hole saying he didn't complete the catch while going to the ground. If it's an incomplete pass, he's defenseless. If he's not a defenseless receiver anymore, then it's a catch/fumble. Pats (and Collinsworth) got it both ways.

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
You know what was rich? Collinsworthless saying our of one side of his face how Hines wasn't a defenseless receiver, but then out of the other side of his suck hole saying he didn't complete the catch while going to the ground. If it's an incomplete pass, he's defenseless. If he's not a defenseless receiver anymore, then it's a catch/fumble. Pats (and Collinsworth) got it both ways.
Yup. If it was deemed incomplete, then he was defenseless. Get out your checkbook, chump.