PDA

View Full Version : The Good & the Bad From Last Night

LLT
11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Well...I figured we are all torn about last nights game...so here is where yo can give some balance to your thoughts.

For me...I will start with...

The Bad

1) Scott and Essex were terrible last night...simply terrible. Why is it that a healthy Essex worries me more than an injured Kemo?
2) I am just about finished with the Randle El...I recall that he had some ball security issues in his first stint with the Steelers...now he seems that he has problems pulling the catch in. Couple that with the fact that Brown is averaging 21 yards per punt return...Sanders is averaging 15 yards per return...and ARE is averaging 3.0 yards a return.
3) McFadden and Gay are the weak links in this defense....They cant even stay with TE's...Gay has some value in that he times his blitzes well....but I have NO doubt that Lebeau's scheme is limited by the fact that we have sub-par CB's and that the limitations of McFadden/Gay hinder our safeties.
4) If I never see another on-side kick this year...it will be too soon. The first on-side kick wasnt needed at all...we should have tried to pin them back.
5) Where the Hell was Polamalu last night....he totally dissapeared in this game.
6) Jeff Reed.....No more excuses...Its time to check the 2011 draft prospects.

The Good.

1) Well ...the obvious is Wallace...he showed that he is more than a burner and did an incredible job of going over the middle and in playing the sideline.
2) Sanders also showed an awareness of where he was at on the field as a WR....I also appreciated the fact that he gives a solid effort on returns.
3) Our QB didnt lose this game for us. Even with a patchwork line and butter-fingered recievers, Ben put up a 97.9 QB rating.

Devilsdancefloor
11-15-2010, 08:31 AM
the bad list seems to be getting longer....

i agree with everything to add to troy a bit he just doesnt seem right too me. He is out of place and he is guess wrong on a lot of play action. You can kinda see the frustration. Gay needs to start collecting spinters in his ass from the bench. Lewis cant be any worse! i think lewis is a bit more physical guy anyway. let him have a chance to get out of the doghouse for being a idiot in preseason.

essex is another that needs to collect splinters!!

I wasnt WOWed by the left side of the line, but they did a decent job now we just need to run the ball that way!

Godfather
11-15-2010, 08:38 AM
The biggest bad is that the streak is over, and the Pats* weren't man enough to do it on the field. 11+ seasons and it ends because of a blatant cheap shot.

I wish Spaeth or someone had intentionally broken that scumbag's jaw, because that would have guaranteed nobody ever did that to one of our players again.

Nadroj 20
11-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Our D has a whole payed pretty poorly last night, Brady had his way with us in the air and they ran the ball 24 times for 103 yards for a 4.3 yard per rush average. I feel like if they wanted to run on us more they probably could have but the pass was working so well why go away from it.

I think we will be fine because our D hopefully wont play like that again this year, but we have to play a raiders team who just recently had an offensive EXPLOSION a few weeks back and we better take them seriously.

Dino 6 Rings
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
The Good

Wallace

The Bad

Passing Defense

SteelerSal
11-15-2010, 09:55 AM
The Good

Wallace

The Bad

Passing Defense

I'd like to add that with Ben's "garbage" yards in the second half, It provided alot of positive work in real game situations for Sanders. This guy is gonna be a bright spot in our future.