PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: Injury ends Ward's reception streak

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 05:33 AM
Monday, November 15, 2010
By Ray Fittipaldo and Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201011/freed_steelers111410_11_160.jpg
Matt Freed/Post-Gazette
Steelers' Hines Ward goes down with an injury at the end of the first quarter.

Hines Ward's club-record streak of 186 consecutive games with at least one reception ended Sunday night against the Patriots*.

Ward was knocked out of the game in the first quarter with a neck injury and did not return.

On the play Ward was injured the officials ruled that he had made a catch, but Patriots* coach Bill Belichick* challenged the ruling on the field. It was overturned, and Ward had to be helped off the field by the Steelers' trainers.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10319/1103465-66.stm#ixzz15LkdBa6s

stlrtruck
11-15-2010, 06:10 AM
And I want to see what the commissioner does about the helmet-to-helmet hit the occurred on that play as well as several others.

I'll give him til Wednesday, but if I were a betting man I'd bet no fines are coming.

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2010, 09:01 AM
And I want to see what the commissioner does about the helmet-to-helmet hit the occurred on that play as well as several others.

I'll give him til Wednesday, but if I were a betting man I'd bet no fines are coming.

I'm sure that he'll do nothing, just like the officials did during the game. I'm more pissed off about that hit than I am about the Steelers losing.

Godfather
11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
That makes my blood boil. The streak ends on an intentional cheap shot.

I agree that scumbag Goofdell probably won't do anything even though it was clearly intentional--he took two steps while his teammate had Ward wrapped up and was going to the ground, and he carefully directed his helmet into Ward's. If Goofdell doesn't fine and suspend that POS scumbag, I want Toomey and Casey to start investigating the NFL.