PDA

View Full Version : Ward says he'll play against Raiders

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 05:27 AM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, November 15, 2010
Knocked out of Sunday night’s 39-26 loss to the Patriots* with a concussion, Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said he will play next week against the visiting Raiders.

Ward, in fact, said he could have returned to the game but that the Steelers’ medical personnel wouldn’t allow it -- something that didn’t sit any better with the 13-year veteran than the worst home loss of the Mike Tomlin era.

“I felt like I could have played but our (doctors) felt otherwise,” Ward said. “It’s my body. I feel like if I want to go back out there I should have the right. They saw me tripping over the grass and the league was going to make a big deal about it, them putting me back out there.”............

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_709408.html

Godfather
11-15-2010, 09:00 AM
I wanted him to get back in there for the sake of the streak. But I support the coaches for not taking a chance. I don't care if it was a concussion or a neck injury, sending him back in was too risky. And it might be his body, but the Rooneys have a lot of money invested in that body.

The Duke
11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
yay!

Even though the offense found it's rythm out there in the last quarter without him, it's much better if he plays all game

steelpride12
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Always good news to hear. We could have converted some of those dropped TD's in the endzone if the ball was in his hands!