PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Reed reportedly to be released Tuesday

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 05:23 AM
November 15th, 2010

Jeff Reed is in the midst of his most trying season of his career, and he showed the strain of it after the Steelers’ 39-26 loss Sunday night to the Patriots.
Reed took exception to both the fan and media criticism he had endured this season, both of which figure to intensify after he missed a 26-yard field goal against the Patriots.

Reed has made just 71.4 percent of his field goal attempts, well below the 83.3 career conversion rate he took into the season.

“It doesn’t help that everything you read or hear on the radio is negative too and that comes from you guys too,” Reed said to reporters after the Steelers fell to 6-3. “People calling in they have the right to say what they want to say and I don’t listen to it. I just come across it sometimes and happen to catch my name so I want to read about it.............

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/11/15/criticism-getting-to-reed/

X-Terminator
11-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Well Jeff, sorry bud, but criticism from fans and the media comes with the profession. If you can't handle either, then maybe it's time to find another line of work.

zulater
11-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Don't take the check if you can't handle the critisism when your play is lacking Jeff. Donate this weeks check to charity, and maybe the fans will decide to give you a break. Seriously, the guy did nothing but whine about his contract situation, makes an ass out of himself in public several times, then he misses kick after kick, and he expects the fans to be supportive?

Raleigh Steel
11-15-2010, 06:04 AM
WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

you know how to shut fans and media up jeff? make a kick from the 16!

you suck jeff and it's time for you to go!

Burghfan58
11-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Thank God the Steelers didn't cave into his demands for a new contract. He's not worthy at this point.

zulater
11-15-2010, 06:12 AM
If I were Jeff, I'd keep my head down, and start making my kicks, and doing my job on kickoffs. The rest will take care of itself if it's meant to be. Right now Jeff isn't playing to just further his Steeler career, he should also realize the next 9 games are an audition for the league's other 31 teams to prove he's still a viable NFL kicker.

Nadroj 20
11-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Thank God the Steelers didn't cave into his demands for a new contract. He's not worthy at this point.

Agree 100%.... unless he turns it around and becomes alot more consistent I wont care one bit to see him gone next season.

Godfather
11-15-2010, 08:58 AM
If I were Jeff, I'd keep my head down, and start making my kicks, and doing my job on kickoffs. The rest will take care of itself if it's meant to be. Right now Jeff isn't playing to just further his Steeler career, he should also realize the next 9 games are an audition for the league's other 31 teams to prove he's still a viable NFL kicker.

Well, if Kris Brown still has a job Reed will land somewhere.

Devilsdancefloor
11-15-2010, 09:18 AM
“Everyone goes back if I miss one to what I said at camp and I think that’s absurd because I love this team, I love this town.”

NO jeff you made a ass of yourself at camp and now you cant make a chip shot FG and it hasnt been just 1 FG jeff come on! You also sound like a guy who knows he should be packing his bags with "i love this town" comment.

Godfather
11-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Reed has ONE job. Kick the ball through the uprights. Do that and he can stick around. Don't do it and there are other guys out there who can.

The Duke
11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
If there in one position you can't let criticism get to you is the kicker, and reed is failing at that

Mark another win for the steelers in not extending another player's contract just at the right time

Dino 6 Rings
11-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Game winner in the playoffs from 51 yards away would help me to forgive him.

Bluecoat96
11-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Reed has ONE job. Kick the ball through the uprights. Do that and he can stick around. Don't do it and there are other guys out there who can.

Speaking of other guys, did anyone see the Michigan/Purdue game this weekend? Purdue's kicker hit a couple nice FG's on an even shittier field when it was actually raining. Possibility next year?

stlrtruck
11-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Speaking of other guys, did anyone see the Michigan/Purdue game this weekend? Purdue's kicker hit a couple nice FG's on an even shittier field when it was actually raining. Possibility next year?

I say we convince him to drop out of college and jump right over!

Godfather
11-15-2010, 10:29 AM
LSU's Josh Jasper might look good in black and gold too. He has solid range and he can run the ball.

JayC
11-15-2010, 10:33 AM
i'll take Kai Forbath next year

atlsteelers
11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
time to check out blair walsh (uga)...the dude can kick

BPS3akaWirels3
11-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)
Pittsburgh contemplating cutting K Jeff Reed, whom Steelers franchised last off-season. Steelers bringing in kickers for workouts Tuesday.

FINALLY...

7willBheaven
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Pittsburgh contemplating cutting K Jeff Reed, whom Steelers franchised last off-season. Steelers bringing in kickers for workouts Tuesday.

FINALLY...

Just read this myself...interesting. Not sure whos out there or if they will actually do it or not. I hate that theres not a clause or something that if the Franchise player does not play up to that standard and gets cut/etc...that he doesnt get the money still, haha.

One kid I've seen a couple times and he seems to have a leg on him is that Henery kid from Nebraska.

Count Steeler
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM

FINALLY...

Bye bye Jeff. It's been a pleasure but now it's time to say good bye.

HometownGal
11-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Just heard on KDKA that Skippy will most likely be released by the team tomorrow. That can only mean one thing - they have someone waiting in the wings.

Count Steeler
11-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Just heard on KDKA that Skippy will most likely be released by the team tomorrow. That can only mean one thing - they have someone waiting in the wings.

Good move. Gay next?

Godfather
11-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Good.

Skippy is one of the biggest goats last night. The final score doesn't reflect how big that miss was...he hits it and we don't need to try the first onside kick.

Godfather
11-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Good.

Check that.

Kaeding got hurt in San Diego and they had to resort to Kris Brown, who already cost them a game against the Cheats. With our luck the Chargers will sign Skippy and he'll boot a 55-yarder to beat us in the playoffs.

HometownGal
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Good.

Skippy is one of the biggest goats last night. The final score doesn't reflect how big that miss was...he hits it and we don't need to try the first onside kick.

While I am pissed at Skippy's ineffectiveness this season, those 3 points wouldn't have mattered in the long run. The Steelers D had already begun shitting the bed and Ass Chin continued picking the D apart like a vulture on roadkill. Add into that recipe for disaster the O's inability to put points on the board until the 11th hour and it spelled an L in the W/L column.

I think everyone here knows how much I adore Skippy but I want what is best for the team and this season - #3 is NOT what is best for this team. I hope whoever the Steelers sign can come in and do a good job. :pray:

tube517
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
After missing a 26-yard field goal on Sunday night, and then running off a laundry list of excuses and calling out everyone from the Heinz Field turf, to the media, to the fans, Jeff Reed’s place as the Steelers kicker seems to be in jeopardy. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Monday afternoon, via Twitter, that the Steelers are considering cutting Reed and will be bringing in kickers on Tuesday for workouts.

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/11/tryouts-steelers-reportedly-bringing-kickers-tuesday/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/15/steelers-will-bring-in-kickers-could-cut-jeff-reed/

Count Steeler
11-15-2010, 04:26 PM
What is amazing is how the Pats shit the bed against the Browns the week before. I'm looking for a statement game from Tomlin this week, or in my eyes, he is toast.

Bluecoat96
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM

Gary Anderson's coming out of retirement?:lol:

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Always thought he'd be our kicker for 15+ years. Not sure what happened to him. Regardless of his latest failings and bs remarks, he was the first kicker in the league to conquer Heinz Field.

Good luck Jeff. I hope you figure it out.

tube517
11-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Brawny is losing their spokesman.

steeldevil
11-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks for everything you have done for the Steelers Mr. Reed, good luck in the future.

JayC
11-15-2010, 04:45 PM
he gave us a lot of good years and reliability. but him wanting more money than he is worth and then kicking like this and having short kick offs means it's time to move on, good luck skippy.

just don't come back and kick a game winner against us.

GodfatherofSoul
11-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Always thought he'd be our kicker for 15+ years. Not sure what happened to him. Regardless of his latest failings and bs remarks, he was the first kicker in the league to conquer Heinz Field.

Good luck Jeff. I hope you figure it out.

I can't figure it out with kickers, but they can't seem to perform well in one place for a long time. It's like they have a 5 year shelf life in one uniform, then start to decay. You have exceptions, but you also have a lot of journeymen in a position that should be the most stable on the roster.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I can't figure it out with kickers, but they can't seem to perform well in one place for a long time. It's like they have a 5 year shelf life in one uniform, then start to decay. You have exceptions, but you also have a lot of journeymen in a position that should be the most stable on the roster.
He definitely seems to have gotten complacent.

Dino 6 Rings
11-15-2010, 04:51 PM
I hope try outs if they are really going to happen, are held outside, in Heinz Field with the wind blowing kicking into the open end of the stadium.

And let Reed go out there and kick with the guys, see if he can re-earn his spot.

I hate to let the kid go, he's made some key kicks for us over the years, he is apparently head casing right now, is it enough to fire him? Probably? Is there someone better? not so likely.

GodfatherofSoul
11-15-2010, 04:54 PM
There have to be some off-the-field issues going on. I was a little worried about his partying ways before, but he seemed like the person who could keep it under control. Maybe not? Yes, he sucked last night but it wasn't a total meltdown like the Saints kicker.

steeldevil
11-15-2010, 04:57 PM

Tell that to the lone Panther, Jon Kasay.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 04:58 PM
I hope try outs if they are really going to happen, are held outside, in Heinz Field with the wind blowing kicking into the open end of the stadium.

And let Reed go out there and kick with the guys, see if he can re-earn his spot.

I hate to let the kid go, he's made some key kicks for us over the years, he is apparently head casing right now, is it enough to fire him? Probably? Is there someone better? not so likely.

Agreed. While he's not having his best year, the phenomenon appears to be league wide. Maybe we can find another like we found him.

HometownGal
11-15-2010, 05:03 PM

I hate the thought of letting him go too, but Jeff has become his own worst enemy. I've made no secret around here that he is my favorite Steeler and I'll miss that wink every year at the Steelers luncheons, but he just isn't getting the job done any longer. Last night, his missed FG didn't really matter with the way the team was playing, but damn it - he HAS to make those 3 pointers - especially in his own backyard.

I think after his rant last night, which I just heard part of on KDKA, he's burned his bridges in the Burgh. I'm going to miss you like hell, Skip, thank you for all of the good years you had with our Steelers and I wish you the best of luck wherever you may go. :drink: :hug:

JayC
11-15-2010, 05:04 PM
a guy that can kick kickoffs into the endzone instead of the 10 yard line while still kicking at 68% would be better than reed for me. i hope they hold tryouts this week.

BlastFurnace
11-15-2010, 05:07 PM

I hate it, but it's the right move. His attitude and performance is not good. Who knows if they will find anyone who is any good.

One thing I do know is that Jeff was a very good kicker for a lot of years with the Steelers. Won a lot of games for us. I wish him only the best.

Watch him become a Jet or a Cardinal within a week.

Carolina Steelers
11-15-2010, 05:11 PM
HTG looks like you might have to change or signature or at least update it, if Reed leaves

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah, haters hate...........and I used to hate on Carey Davis. Now I am hating on a guy that is getting paid like the top 5 at his position, when he is #32 at his position.

Where is Leigh Tiffin??

HometownGal
11-15-2010, 05:29 PM
HTG looks like you might have to change or signature or at least update it, if Reed leaves

I'll keep it until next season. I love the guy and make no bones about it, but I understand and agree with the Steelers position here.

tube517
11-15-2010, 05:32 PM
The only remaining player from the original Panthers team. :old:

Tell that to the lone Panther, Jon Kasay.

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 05:37 PM
The Bengals lost their kicker yesterday for the season after a knee injury. Rumor around here is that as soon as the Steelers release Jeff Reed, he may very well be headed to Cinci.

HometownGal
11-15-2010, 05:40 PM
The Bengals lost their kicker yesterday for the season after a knee injury. Rumor around here is that as soon as the Steelers release Jeff Reed, he may very well be headed to Cinci.

Ughhhhhh. That's the last place I want to see Jeff. :horror: But - he's going to go where the offer is and I can't fault him for that. Hope he bashes Crotcho Stinko and TO over the head with the paper towel dispensers in the Bungles LR. :heh: :thumbsup:

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Is Matt Stover worth a look?

BPS3akaWirels3
11-15-2010, 05:42 PM

Yep... I saw that also..

Moose
I hate making changes in mid-season, but I'm sure the FO knows a heck of alot more than any of us. They must have someone in mind, hopefully. I know, we know, for a fact that there were many, many games Reed won for us, due to the fact that our Offense couldn't score a TD ( which is getting to be more and more often). I'd like to see his record, but I would think that he's won far many more games for us than have lost games for us. Good luck Jeff.

BPS3akaWirels3

He was great last year for the Colts...

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
He was great last year for the Colts...

Hmmm. They play in a dome though. Is used to be lights out. Not sure why is has no home. I'm anxious to see what the options are.

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2010, 06:13 PM

No, he has no leg left. We need someone who can kick it deep on kickoffs.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 06:17 PM
No, he has no leg left. We need someone who can kick it deep on kickoffs.
Danny boy can handle kick offs. We need a guys who's good for three at Heinz Field.

kmsteelerwr15
11-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I thank him for all he has done but I think this is the right move.

tube517
11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Danny can tackle too unlike Brawny's spokesperson

Danny boy can handle kick offs. We need a guys who's good for three at Heinz Field.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Danny can tackle too unlike Brawny's spokesperson

Yes. Yes he can. hahaha.

ALLD
11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Who is available and can we still trade Reed to cincy?

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 06:31 PM
If Skippy ends up in Cinci, it's not going to take him very long to realize he screwed up a good thing.

hotrodder07
11-15-2010, 06:36 PM
I just don't know about releasing Jeff. He used to be automatic for us, so I can't help but think that he'll return to that old form. It's just a matter of how soon he'll do it. And if we do release him, we better be darn sure that we have someone better than Reed to bring in, because I still think Jeff will get on track this season.

Oh well. I guess I trust the Steelers on this one, but I don't feel good about this move, at the moment. =/

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 06:37 PM
If Skippy ends up in Cinci, it's not going to take him very long to realize he screwed up a good thing.

How did Nugent get injured? Lewis break his knee caps? haha

Any amount of money says Reed goes to our division rival Bengals and turns it around.

Double or nothing that Gay is a Patriot in 2011 and becomes, somehow, productive.

pepsyman1
11-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I just don't know about releasing Jeff. He used to be automatic for us, so I can't help but think that he'll return to that old form. It's just a matter of how soon he'll do it. And if we do release him, we better be darn sure that we have someone better than Reed to bring in, because I still think Jeff will get on track this season.

Oh well. I guess I trust the Steelers on this one, but I don't feel good about this move, at the moment. =/

Anytime I think about it I keep reminding myself of how many kickoffs I see come down at the 10 yard line and how pissed off I get watching some team start their drive at the 37 yard line when they should be 10 yards further back. If he can't kick a deep kick off AND he's missing kicks, then we aren't missing anything...SEE YA SKIPPY!

stillers4me
11-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Steelers tiring of Reed

Jeff Reed, who got into a verbal confrontation with a fan while leaving the field Sunday night, may have finally worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers will try out kickers on Tuesday in an attempt to find someone better, or, at the very least, light a fire under the struggling kicker.

There's no word on who the Steelers might bring in yet, but the best available guys would include Steven Hauschka, Piotr Czech, Shaun Suisham and Matt Stover.
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2010/11/steelers-tiring-of-reed.html

Craic
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Don't take the check if you can't handle the critisism when your play is lacking Jeff. Donate this weeks check to charity, and maybe the fans will decide to give you a break. Seriously, the guy did nothing but whine about his contract situation, makes an ass out of himself in public several times, then he misses kick after kick, and he expects the fans to be supportive?

Zu, we don't agree often. But I find this to be some unassailable logic.

You hit the nail on the head here.

Chidi29
11-15-2010, 06:52 PM
How did Nugent get injured? Lewis break his knee caps? haha

Any amount of money says Reed goes to our division rival Bengals and turns it around.

Double or nothing that Gay is a Patriot in 2011 and becomes, somehow, productive.

Nugent hurt it diving to recover an onside kick.

ALLD
11-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Hopefully Stover has half a leg left. Reed has turned into a "Vandershank".

Chidi29
11-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Anyone mention Hauschka of the Ravens? Know he has a big leg, but I think his accuracy is a question mark.

Chidi29
11-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Whoops, saw stillers already mentioned him.

Psycho Ward 86
11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
There's no word on who the Steelers might bring in yet, but the best available guys would include Steven Hauschka, Piotr Czech, Shaun Suisham and Matt Stover.
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2010/11/steelers-tiring-of-reed.html

Anybody but Suisham...OMG

steelpride12
11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Anyone mention Hauschka of the Ravens? Know he has a big leg, but I think his accuracy is a question mark.
Yupp Stillers did, and I think we should test all these kickers because at this point any one will be welcomed. Reed just has been an embarrassment since the towel dispenser incident and crying about his contract and now the lousy play, it's all adding up to a one way ticket out of Pittsburgh.

HometownGal
11-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Jeff Reed, who got into a verbal confrontation with a fan while leaving the field Sunday night, may have finally worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh.

Haven't heard anything locally about Skip having words with a fan but having been involved with a former Steeler years ago, I can attest to the absolute cruelty the players endure at the hands of some fans. Walt had to deal with beer being thrown at him, being called vulgar names, fans spitting on him as he left the field and even death threats - all over a damned football game. Hey - I'm as big a fan of the game and of this team as you'll find out there, but when people take football so seriously that they risk injuring a player, being arrested and charged with assault and a trip to the pokey, they need to take up knitting or basket weaving to get their emotions in check or buy one of those electric fly swatters and zap a few insects to release their anger. :doh: These morons act like they never had a bad day or a bad series of days at their jobs.

Skip loves people - he had Pens season tickets as we do and sat across the ice from XT and I at Mellon Arena and instead of sitting in Mario's box as Ben does when he attends home games, he sat with the fans in C-27. A guy and his g/f who XT and I chatted with in between periods told us that they sat very close to Jeff at Pens games and he is a great guy, a hoot and very passionate about the Pens. I'm sure Skip is taking his recent poor performances a lot harder than any fan, as his performance as a PK is his bread and butter. No one likes to be kicked when they're down - not even a professional athlete who, believe it or not, is human like the rest of us.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM
I was told they hope we DO sign him.....so he can miss even more FG's. hahaha

zulater
11-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Not saying Reed didn't bring it on himself if he's in fact released, but i certainly don't see it as a cause for celebration. The guy helped us win a lot of games, and while he's obviously made some poor choices off the field in recent years, i still think he's a good guy. The few times I've been to Latrobe for training camp it was always Reed that was the last guy out signing autographs, and not signing them, really engaging with the fans, and seeming to enjoy the interaction.

Yeah I cuss the guy when he misses a makeable field goal. Yeah I didn't like him mouthing off about his contract to the press this summer. But damn Jeff was more than just another kicker. He's got and earned two SB rings!I just hate seeing him going out like this. I hope against hope, that they were just trying to put a good scare into Jeff's ass, and he'll be back on the field this Sunday and meet the challenge before him when called upon.

Godfather
11-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Agree, Zulater.

I don't like to see it end this way either. But he will have an NFL pension and two Super Bowl rings, so let's not feel too bad for him. And he was one of the best for a few years.

HometownGal
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Not saying Reed didn't bring it on himself if he's in fact released, but i certainly don't see it as a cause for celebration. The guy helped us win a lot of games, and while he's obviously made some poor choices off the field in recent years, i still think he's a good guy. The few times I've been to Latrobe for training camp it was always Reed that was the last guy out signing autographs, and not signing them, really engaging with the fans, and seeming to enjoy the interaction.

Yeah I cuss the guy when he misses a makeable field goal. Yeah I didn't like him mouthing off about his contract to the press this summer. But damn Jeff was more than just another kicker. He's got and earned two SB rings!I just hate seeing him going out like this. I hope against hope, that they were just trying to put a good scare into Jeff's ass, and he'll be back on the field this Sunday and meet the challenge before him when called upon.

As I said in your rep comment, Zu - we don't agree on much anymore, but this is a very well written post and I couldn't agree more. :drink: Skip is a good guy - I've seen it first hand as you did at TC and he really does love this town. He spends a lot of time at Childrens Hospital entertaining the kids, as well as participating in various local charity events. I really don't want to see him leave, either, and if the Steelers are trying to send him a message, I hope and :pray: he gets it loud and clear.

zulater
11-15-2010, 08:08 PM
As I said in your rep comment, Zu - we don't agree on much anymore, but this is a very well written post and I couldn't agree more. :drink: Skip is a good guy - I've seen it first hand as you did at TC and he really does love this town. He spends a lot of time at Childrens Hospital entertaining the kids, as well as participating in various local charity events. I really don't want to see him leave, either, and if the Steelers are trying to send him a message, I hope and :pray: he gets it loud and clear.

I don't think we disagree on much as you believe we do HTG. I'm just usually silent when we agree though.:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I dont think the Steelers are trying to send a message to Reed. They are just trying to get a productive kicker on the roster who isnt gonna pick a fight with towel dispensers, Police, Media.....and then blame the turf and fans for not understanding his plight.

Kris Brown had a worse slump, but he occasionally got a kickoff to the end zone and never made things worse for himself. Its why he got to leave on his terms, where Reed is punching his own ticket out of town. Thanks for the memories.

BigNastyDefense
11-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Reed hasn't performed to the level we needed him to as our franchise player. IF we can find someone who is currently available to take his place, then he will be gone.

However, anyone on the FA market at this time of the year isn't exactly reliable otherwise they would be on a roster. So I think in the end, maybe this will light a fire under Reed's ass and he kicks well for the rest of the season. But even if he does, I do not expect him in Pittsburgh next year.

SteelerFanInStl
11-15-2010, 09:29 PM

That hasn't been proven. If he was better at kickoffs than Reed, he'd be kicking them. He hasn't shown that he can handle that job yet. Stover's longest FG last year was 43 yards and he kicked in a dome. He'd be good for about 35 yards max at Heinz. :lol:

JayC
11-15-2010, 09:45 PM
although he's been a liability and makes me angry missing 1/3rd of his field goal attemps i wouldn't care if we kept him until the end of the season just because he likes pittsburgh and was good for us in the past. aside from that horrible kick last night he hasn't been that bad within 40. i just don't have any trust in him anymore [same can be said about our pass d]. but if they do release him im cool with that too.

SteelCityMan786
11-15-2010, 09:47 PM
If you're gone Jeff, then thanks for all the times you gave me a damn sense of relief that the Steelers ended up winning several ballgames. If you're staying, you got work to do .

Either way, good luck man.

NJarhead
11-15-2010, 09:47 PM
That hasn't been proven. If he was better at kickoffs than Reed, he'd be kicking them. He hasn't shown that he can handle that job yet. Stover's longest FG last year was 43 yards and he kicked in a dome. He'd be good for about 35 yards max at Heinz. :lol:

Sepulveda kicked off decent from what I remember of the experiment. And 43 yards and 35 yards is good enough. Anyone who can make it 26 to about 45 at Heinz is a winner these days.

Doc
11-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Even the FG he made Sun night was U-G-L-Y.

I hope the find the right guy for the job. Thanks for the memories Jeff.

Borski
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Does Sepulveda have any experience kicking FG's? he has a strong leg.

tube517
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I was actually shocked to see the headline and that is why I posted it. I am surprised that they are making a move now. Usually when a guy misses FG's and loses a game or two, that is when a team starts making moves. That FG attempt last night was ugly but not a game changing miss. Yeah, he's having a down year but he has handled Heinz Field pretty well in his career.

I don't feel sorry for the Brawny Spokesman because kickers can play until they are 40. He's still young and he could probably kick in a dome for another team. His only downside are his short kickoffs and the fact that he is the scariest Steeler in a bathroom other than #7 :peep:

steelpride12
11-15-2010, 10:23 PM
keep your hopes up high and your head down low (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/keep%20your%20hopes%20up%20high%20and%20your%20hea d%20down%20low)
Here is Jeff Reeds comments after the game.

Wheelz
11-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Anybody but Suisham...OMG

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

This

43Hitman
11-15-2010, 11:44 PM
I'll keep it until next season. I love the guy and make no bones about it, but I understand and agree with the Steelers position here.

You know I'll update for you anytime you want Marianne. Just say the word.

Borski
11-16-2010, 12:01 AM
keep your hopes up high and your head down low (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/keep%20your%20hopes%20up%20high%20and%20your%20hea d%20down%20low)
Here is Jeff Reeds comments after the game.

Broken link

Galax Steeler
11-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Jeff did win some games for us as a kicker and he was a good one but he is missing way to many field goals now. I think it is time to replace him and get a more reliable kicker.

stillers4me
11-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Jeff did win some games for us as a kicker and he was a good one but he is missing way to many field goals now. I think it is time to replace him and get a more reliable kicker.

Ther middle of the season, when the pickins' are slim, seems the wrong time to do it. I can't imagine that we'd make much of an improvement "at this juncture". :lol:

Do we really want to see Skippy scoring the winning FG against us in the next Bengals game??????

X-Terminator
11-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Ther middle of the season, when the pickins' are slim, seems the wrong time to do it. I can't imagine that we'd make much of an improvement "at this juncture". :lol:

Do we really want to see Skippy scoring the winning FG against us in the next Bengals game??????

At this point, I'm willing to take that chance, despite that game being here in Pittsburgh. The guy is not getting the job done, period.

Galax Steeler
11-16-2010, 06:13 AM

He for sure ain't getting us any game winning field goals can we afford for him to keep missing these easy ones. I am just saying maybe it is time to start looking because the next one he misses may knock us out of the playoffs.

HometownGal
11-16-2010, 06:47 AM
I am just saying maybe it is time to start looking because the next one he misses may knock us out of the playoffs.

That could happen, but I'm more concerned with the shoddy play of our D, the state of our OL and our O not executing at crucial times knocking us out of the playoffs.

HometownGal
11-16-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm just usually silent when we agree though.:chuckle:

Yeah, I've noticed. Wonder why that is? Three guesses and the first two don't count.