PDA

View Full Version : We're still going 11-5 or 12-4, and can win the division if we win @ Balt.

zulater
11-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Terrible game, nothing good to be said about tonight , except it counts in the standings no more than a 1 point loss.

But regardless, this was an easy loss to foresee, and in the long run it really wont matter. All that matters is that we beat Oakland next week and follow that up the next week with another good effort. When it's all said and done we'll win at least 11, and maybe 12.And if we play the Pats again, don't bet that the result will be the same.

JayC
11-14-2010, 10:40 PM
until we find some good cornerbacks we aren't going anywhere except home for the offseason.

fansince'76
11-14-2010, 10:42 PM
until we find some good cornerbacks we aren't going anywhere except home for the offseason.

Or start getting pressure on QBs again, which we haven't done in weeks.

Carolina Steelers
11-14-2010, 10:42 PM
are u serious 1 game @ a time. that means we got to win 5 0ut of next 7 that wont happen playing like this. Oakland was worst last yr and beat us, now there a better team this yr

BlastFurnace
11-14-2010, 10:51 PM
This team has been 3-3 in the past 6 games. The Steelers will win either 8 or 9 games this season topps.

No playoffs this year again. But of course The Politician will threaten to release Unleash Hell 2.0 this year.

It's time to rebuild.

steelpride12
11-14-2010, 10:57 PM
You know usually I would agree, but this loss shows a lot of things wrong with this team. First off the secondary is god awful after Ike they are garbage and Gay shouldn't even be on this team. Second well the injuries once again this season have kicked our ass, we are missing Smith, Starks, and Colon for the season. Still missing Keisel and Kemo and after tonight Ward, Timmons are hurt so that kills a team. Next seems like Lebeau is just not coaching right at all the blitz is in the past and he is only rushing 3. Finally Reed blows and is blew this game as much as everyone else did.

venom
11-14-2010, 11:03 PM
The way they played last night , they are lucky if they can beat the Raiders

zulater
11-14-2010, 11:04 PM
So i guess all you guys wrote off the 2008 season after the Eagles game, or if not that the Giants game? One game does not a season make, this was a perfect storm of negative circumstances confluensing against the Steelers. The Patriots were at their best, we were at our worst. But it wont make a bit of difference against the raiders, or the week after that against the bills etc.. etc.. etc...

steelpride12
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Injuries killed us last season and doing it once again now.

fansince'76
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM
I would hope they come out pissed off against the Raiders next week. I know I'd be mad as a player after the way they got punched in the mouth tonight.

Borski
11-14-2010, 11:06 PM
This team has been 3-3 in the past 6 games. The Steelers will win either 8 or 9 games this season topps.

No playoffs this year again. But of course The Politician will threaten to release Unleash Hell 2.0 this year.

It's time to rebuild.

Throwing in the towel a little early don't ya think? We had a (very) bad game, but I still think we have a good team. Fix a few things and we're good to go. We're still a quality contender.

steelpride12
I would hope we come out pissed off against the Raiders next week. I know I'd be mad as a player after the way they got punched in the mouth tonight.
I sure hope so Ill be at the game and would love to see an ass kicking!

polamalubeast
worst primetime game for the steelers since the 2005 againts the Indianapolis colts.(26-7)

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah ok, dont be looking so far ahead to be saying we'll be 11-5 or 12-4. Seriously, especially with how competetive the entire league is this year.

polamalubeast
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM&feature=related

:lol::lol::lol:

JayC
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
the good news: we don't have to play tom brady for the rest of the season.

that gives me a little hope but i don't think we are sniffing the superbowl with mcfadden and gay no matter what. they are too bad to overcome.

steelpride12
11-14-2010, 11:12 PM
^Until its a rematch of the AFC championship game against them.

zulater
11-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Boo Hoo Hoo, we can't beat the Raiders? Really based on that win against the chiefs? See what the chiefs did today. Following week at buffalo, ok they played a couple decent teams close, seems as if they got that out of their system now, they looked like shit against the Lions. Baltimore, it will be tough, but we know them, they know us, it will go down to the last possession as always. Bengals at home, I think we can handle that one. Jets at home, you see them lately? wont be easy, but if nothing else i think Ben finally started to find his rythm tonight, that will pay dividends in the weeks ahead. Panthers at Pgh, yeah I think we can win that one. Browns in Clev, oh I'm sure all the emotional fools are counting this as a loss. Wrong, football's a game of match ups, we still match up well with the browns, not a sure win, but probable, and if Ben finds his groove by then ( he will) then we'll win it. Again no less than 11 wins, and if we beat the ravens it will be 12-4.

fansince'76
11-14-2010, 11:13 PM
that gives me a little hope but i don't think we are sniffing the superbowl with mcfadden and gay no matter what. they are too bad to overcome.

We did it in '08. We need to start getting pressure and sacks again. IMO, if anything keeps us from winning it all, it will be our patchwork OL, which wasn't so hot to begin with. I'm getting tired of seeing Ben getting flushed by 3-man rushes.

zulater
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
worst primetime game for the steelers since the 2005 againts the Indianapolis colts.(26-7)

Exactly, and how did that season end up again?

steeldevil
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Steelers better get back on track against the raiders next Sunday. I will be at that game, my first ever one.... Don't want to watch a replay of this shit tonight.

steelpride12
11-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Steelers better get back on track against the raiders next Sunday. I will be at that game, my first ever one.... Don't want to watch a replay of this shit tonight.

Ill be there as well woo!

steeldevil
11-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Ill be there as well woo!

Sweet! Me and my bro are driving up. If we drive 8 hours there and 8 hours back and the steelers play like they did tonight I will not be a happy camper....

polamalubeast
11-14-2010, 11:20 PM
But Jeff Reed and William Gay is really sucks.

I miss Limas Sweed

polamalubeast
11-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Exactly, and how did that season end up again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO-90N7yOas&feature=related

steelpride12
11-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Sweet! Me and my bro are driving up. If we drive 8 hours there and 8 hours back and the steelers play like they did tonight I will not be a happy camper....
IMO it will be a beatdown, the Steelers were embarrassed tonight, it won't happen again.

Shawn
11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
The way I see it, we had a lot of very negative breaks. Half the OL and 2/3 of the DL was gone. Timmons was out, as well as Ward. We were still only down 7 at the half, against Tom freakin' Brady. I know, I know. I hate him too. But there's no denying he's a good QB, and the Pats* are a good team. This season is NOT lost.

steel9guy
11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
"what a pathetic game by a pathetic Steelers team that is over rated and will be lucky to win 3 more games. Jeff Reed needs released. My Dog could call plays better than bruce arians. The offensive line is the worst in the NFL, the Defense is horrible and old, and Troy Polamalu isn't even the leader anymore? and Lawrence Timmons has taken his spot? LeBeau, you used to be great but now you're as aged as your Defense."

We suck right now and this season doesn't nearly resemble 08. In 08 We had a drive that isn't there this year. We can't stop anyone at all like in 08. What the HECK HAPPENED!

tube517
11-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Season is not over - I agree with you.

Thinking down the road; however, this is an aging group, especially on defense. This may be the last shot for the core group. (A. Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Farrior, Hoke, etc.)

Boo Hoo Hoo, we can't beat the Raiders? Really based on that win against the chiefs? See what the chiefs did today. Following week at buffalo, ok they played a couple decent teams close, seems as if they got that out of their system now, they looked like shit against the Lions. Baltimore, it will be tough, but we know them, they know us, it will go down to the last possession as always. Bengals at home, I think we can handle that one. Jets at home, you see them lately? wont be easy, but if nothing else i think Ben finally started to find his rythm tonight, that will pay dividends in the weeks ahead. Panthers at Pgh, yeah I think we can win that one. Browns in Clev, oh I'm sure all the emotional fools are counting this as a loss. Wrong, football's a game of match ups, we still match up well with the browns, not a sure win, but probable, and if Ben finds his groove by then ( he will) then we'll win it. Again no less than 11 wins, and if we beat the ravens it will be 12-4.

NCSteeler
11-14-2010, 11:34 PM
All of a sudden we lose and zulater is a cheerleader, how much difference a week makes. Anyhow, we have not played good at all in 3-4 weeks, honestly lucky to beat the Fins and lucky to beat Cincy too. We could easily have lost the last 4. There is nooooo way Keenan Lewis and Crezdon Butler should sit out another week, they can NOT be worse then Gay. If they can't do any better than that we really screwed that draft class. Hear the announcers make note that Troy is playing normal safety because Timmons is the rover, Timmons is a beast but he's no Fing Troy, they need to change that back! Once again another year of "We need to address the Lines" , this year they better find some talent on the Oline and some Youth on the Dline or we have many more games like tonight.

X-Terminator
11-14-2010, 11:35 PM
This, from the same guy who after the NO game pretty much pronounced the season over. What happened to get you back on the bandwagon, Zu?

NCSteeler
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
IMO it will be a beatdown, the Steelers were embarrassed tonight, it won't happen again.

Might happen in just seven days time. A resurgent, energized young team coming off a bye with rest and time to prepare.

zulater
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
This, from the same guy who after the NO game pretty much pronounced the season over. What happened to get you back on the bandwagon, Zu?

Bullshit! I said Tomlin coached an awful game that night, and that 4 poor decesions on his part directly influenced the outcome in a neagative way, and i stand by that.

steel9guy
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
All of a sudden we lose and zulater is a cheerleader, how much difference a week makes. Anyhow, we have not played good at all in 3-4 weeks, honestly lucky to beat the Fins and lucky to beat Cincy too. We could easily have lost the last 4. There is nooooo way Keenan Lewis and Crezdon Butler should sit out another week, they can NOT be worse then Gay. If they can't do any better than that we really screwed that draft class. Hear the announcers make note that Troy is playing normal safety because Timmons is the rover, Timmons is a beast but he's no Fing Troy, they need to change that back! Once again another year of "We need to address the Lines" , this year they better find some talent on the Oline and some Youth on the Dline or we have many more games like tonight.

Exactly what I heard. WHY ISN"T TROY THE ROVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? Cmon go back please. When Lawrence Timmons, and I'm not taking anything away from him, he's a GREAT player but he's not a rover.

Wallace108
11-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Without reading a single word of this thread, just let me say ...
We started off last season 6-2. And look what happened.

Fast forward to this year. After we lost to the Saints and barely hung on to beat the Bengals, some of us were saying that this year's team looks a lot like last year's team. We were told to shut up ... Ben is still rusty ... the sky isn't falling ... things are different this year. Really? Let me know when it's OK to panic. :huh:

Steeldude
11-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Or start getting pressure on QBs again, which we haven't done in weeks.

i really don't see it happening. lebeau seems to be enamored with the 3-8 defense.

zulater
11-14-2010, 11:53 PM

Fast forward to this year. After we lost to the Saints and barely hung on to beat the Bengals, some of us were saying that this year's team looks a lot like last year's team. We were told to shut up ... Ben is still rusty ... the sky isn't falling ... things are different this year. Really? Let me know when it's OK to panic. :huh:

Not yet. Last year the season unravelled because we lost divsion games. The one we had to win was last week at cincy. We did, and everything will be fine in a few weeks. Promise.

zulater
11-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Tell you what, we don't win 11 this year, I'll never post here again. Hell, probably some of you thinking the trade off might be worth it. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
11-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Bullshit! I said Tomlin coached an awful game that night, and that 4 poor decesions on his part directly influenced the outcome in a neagative way, and i stand by that.

You also said that every loss matters, and that they wouldn't make the playoffs even with 11 wins. Do you stand by THAT, or are you going to go "selective memory" on us? I'm betting the latter.

pepsyman1
11-14-2010, 11:55 PM
You know what's one of the really frustrating trends over the last half decade? I find it amazing that we can consistently find a seemingly endless supply of stud linebackers that are great playmakers to fill out this team, but can't draft any other defensive players that can earn their way onto the starting defense. Ike has been the only decent cover guy on the field for years, I love our normal starting D line guys but jeez their OLD. All this time and we've really found NO impact players for the defense other than the linebackers for YEARS!

fansince'76
11-14-2010, 11:56 PM
i really don't see it happening. lebeau seems to be enamored with the 3-8 defense.

I agree. It ain't working. I'd rather they be aggressive and blitz-happy and take the chance of getting beaten deep than get slowly chewed up underneath like tonight. And in the 4th quarter last week. And against New Orleans....

zulater
11-14-2010, 11:58 PM
You also said that every loss matters, and that they wouldn't make the playoffs even with 11 wins. Do you stand by THAT, or are you going to go "selective memory" on us? I'm betting the latter. I said 11 wins wont guarantee a playoff berth in the AFC and that remains true. But if the season plays out as i expect, or even comes close to it the Steelers will make it with 11 wins due to favorable tie breakers.

And this is what I'll stand by, if we don't win 11 games this year, I'll come to this thread, take my lumps, and then be gone for good.

X-Terminator
11-14-2010, 11:58 PM

If they don't bounce back next week and beat Oakland, then it will be OK to panic. That now becomes a MUST WIN game.

pepsyman1
11-14-2010, 11:59 PM
I agree. It ain't working. I'd rather they be aggressive and blitz-happy and take the chance of getting beaten deep than get slowly chewed up underneath like tonight. And in the 4th quarter last week. And against New Orleans....

I'm with you 100% on that one. If we're gonna get beat with the pass anyway, I'd rather see it happen when we actually ARE unleashing hell and let the chips fall where they may. If we are doing all of our aggressive blitzes and fakes and someone STILL beats us, kudos to them they earned it. When I watch us play this passive shit it makes me feel like we're just giving it away.

Wallace108
11-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Last year the season unravelled because we lost divsion games.

The season unraveled when we barely beat the Lions then lost to the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns ... only one of those teams are in our division. I don't care if we lose to the Bengals or the 49ers. If we look like crap ... then we look like crap. Last year we sucked. And I hate to say it, but right now we suck.

Tell you what, we don't win 11 this year, I'll never post here again. Hell, probably some of you thinking the trade off might be worth it. :chuckle:

Hush ... you're not going anywhere. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
11-15-2010, 12:02 AM
I said 11 wins wont guarantee a playoff berth in the AFC and that remains true. But if the season plays out as i expect, or even comes close to it the Steelers will make it with 11 wins due to favorable tie breakers.

OK. But this loss does not help in that regard, because it's a conference game. They may end up battling New England for a playoff berth, and they've already lost the tiebreaker. That's why next week's game is absolutely critical. If they lose that one, then everyone should start sweating.

zulater
11-15-2010, 12:05 AM
The season unraveled when we barely beat the Lions then lost to the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns ... only one of those teams are in our division. I don't care if we lose to the Bengals or the 49ers. If we look like crap ... then we look like crap. Last year we sucked. And I hate to say it, but right now we suck.

Hush ... you're not going anywhere. :chuckle:

Of course I'm gone if I'm wrong. Wouldn't say it if i didn't mean it, but don't worry, this game was an abberation, the schedule's favorable, we'll win 11, and I'll continue to be a pain in the ass as long as I'm not booted off the board by the mods. :chuckle:

zulater
11-15-2010, 12:07 AM
OK. But this loss does not help in that regard, because it's a conference game. They may end up battling New England for a playoff berth, and they've already lost the tiebreaker. That's why next week's game is absolutely critical. If they lose that one, then everyone should start sweating.

Pats will win the AFC East. The Jets will be the team we may have to beat out for a Wild card if we lose to the Ravens. And we should beat the Jets in Pgh.

Wallace108
11-15-2010, 12:08 AM
If they lose that one, then everyone should start sweating.

I think the word you're looking for is :director: PANIC!!
I'm at the head of the line. :doh2:

X-Terminator
11-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Exactly what I heard. WHY ISN"T TROY THE ROVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? Cmon go back please. When Lawrence Timmons, and I'm not taking anything away from him, he's a GREAT player but he's not a rover.

My guess is because LeBeau wanted Troy to help more in the passing game. But no one is going to his side of the field, because he plays with Ike - all the passes are going to McFadden/Gay/Clark's side of the field, and will continue to do so until they stop it. Fat chance of that happening. Right now I'd rather them go with Lewis and Butler instead of McFadden and Gay - they can't possibly be any worse than those two (though Butler has a thigh injury).

Wallace108
11-15-2010, 12:12 AM
this game was an abberation, the schedule's favorable, we'll win 11, and I'll continue to be a pain in the ass as long as I'm not booted off the board by the mods. :chuckle:

Last season's schedule was favorable as well ... EASY wins against the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns. http://smiliesftw.com/x/slap_1.gif

X-Terminator
11-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Last season's schedule was favorable as well ... EASY wins against the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns. http://smiliesftw.com/x/slap_1.gif

I still like their chances with 4 games left at home, and 2 of their 3 road games against the 1-win Bills and 3-win Browns on the last Sunday of the regular season. I don't think they're going to lay another egg in front of the home crowd like they did tonight. However, except for the Saints game, they've played better on the road than at home, and that simply should not happen.

zulater
11-15-2010, 12:16 AM

Think what you like, one loss doesn't change my perception as much as it does most people's I guess. I think this sort of loss is easiar for a team to proccess than the heart breakers that were the norm last year.

Wallace108
11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
I still like their chances with 4 games left at home, and 2 of their 3 road games against the 1-win Bills and 3-win Browns on the last Sunday of the regular season. I don't think they're going to lay another egg in front of the home crowd like they did tonight.

Leading up to this game, I stated here and on Sal's board that this team reminds me WAY too much of last year's team. I really, really, really, hope you and Zu are right and that I'm wrong. I'll be more than happy to be wrong.

oneforthetoe
11-15-2010, 12:31 AM
"what a pathetic game by a pathetic Steelers team that is over rated and will be lucky to win 3 more games. Jeff Reed needs released. My Dog could call plays better than bruce arians. The offensive line is the worst in the NFL, the Defense is horrible and old, and Troy Polamalu isn't even the leader anymore? and Lawrence Timmons has taken his spot? LeBeau, you used to be great but now you're as aged as your Defense."

We suck right now and this season doesn't nearly resemble 08. In 08 We had a drive that isn't there this year. We can't stop anyone at all like in 08. What the HECK HAPPENED!

Ok see ya next year.

steel9guy
11-15-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm not leaving and giving up, I"m just being honest with what I think. I'm very worried about the future of this year's team.

Wallace108
11-15-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm very worried about the future of this year's team.

You're not alone. I've been concerned for the past few weeks. And this loss does nothing to ease my concern.

Borski
11-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Ok see ya next year.

Go UFL!

(Since there will be a lockout and all...)

steel9guy
11-15-2010, 12:55 AM
You're not alone. I've been concerned for the past few weeks. And this loss does nothing to ease my concern.

I'm glad other people are feeling the same way. I can't even sleep right now because of worrying. Like you said about the 09 team, I started thinking that on Monday night and it really looks a lot like that team. They are almost the same.

Borski
11-15-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm glad other people are feeling the same way. I can't even sleep right now because of worrying. Like you said about the 09 team, I started thinking that on Monday night and it really looks a lot like that team. They are almost the same.

I love the Steelers, but if you lose sleep over worrying about a sports team.....well, thats a little unhealthy...

X-Terminator
11-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Leading up to this game, I stated here and on Sal's board that this team reminds me WAY too much of last year's team. I really, really, really, hope you and Zu are right and that I'm wrong. I'll be more than happy to be wrong.

Hey, even I admit that there are similarities between this year's team and last year's team. But I just think things will be different this year and the schedule is definitely favorable. They have just 3 games left against teams with winning records - Oakland, Baltimore and NYJ - and 2 of those games are at home. I just can't see them putting up another performance like they did tonight, especially at home.

zulater
11-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm not leaving and giving up, I"m just being honest with what I think. I'm very worried about the future of this year's team.

Shit, we've been living on the edge all year I'm not sure why anyone deluded themselves into thinking things would be easy? Fact is we've been living on the edge all season and I'm sure that's where many of our future games are headed. But this year's team is resilent, and I think we we'll win most of the close one's to come. Fact is we match up terribly with the Pats, kinda like the left handed slugger who can't handle a particuliar lefty's screw ball. Looks like a moron every time he's in the box against him, but is pretty much lights out against the rest of the league. well that's us against the Pats. And we compounded the situation catching them pretty banged up and off a short week following an extended road trip. I think what we saw is the worst of the Steelers against the best of the Pats. Not pretty indeed, but it wont carry over. We'll be better, and there wont be a pissed off Brady lined up against us again this regualr season. Nothing even close.

steel9guy
11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
I love the Steelers, but if you lose sleep over worrying about a sports team.....well, thats a little unhealthy...

lol it is. I honestly think I'll have a heart attack during a game and I'm only 20. I wish I could forget about it but I'm dreading all the bandwagon patriot fans 2mro.

Edman
11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Even if we make the playoffs, we're not getting by New England. Not with our crappy corners and Mr. Gay running around.

They once again made us their ***** on our own field. Tom Brady turns the Steelers D into putty for him to play with. Every time we play him. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

But I think it's worse than the other beatings we took at their hands. We couldn't do anything on offense against them either until it was too late and they the game was already decided. They always do everything right against us, while we can't do anything against them. We look sloppy and ill-prepared, they look top-notch and ready to play.

Why, why do we fail so much against New England? It's not video tapes. We just can't beat these guys with Brady.

Borski
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Even if we make the playoffs, we're not getting by New England.

They once again made us their ***** on our own field. Tom Brady turns the Steelers D into putty for him to play with. Every time we play him. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

But I think it's worse than the other beatings we took at their hands. We can't do anything on offense against them either.

I'd be tough, but I'd rather go against them in the playoffs, we'd be more modivated after this beating.

NCSteeler
11-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Pats will win the AFC East. The Jets will be the team we may have to beat out for a Wild card if we lose to the Ravens. And we should beat the Jets in Pgh.

Why exactly should we beat the Jets in pgh? We SHOULD have beat a Pats teams that isn't near as good on D as the Jets and our O put up exactly 10 points when the game mattered.

zulater
11-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Even if we make the playoffs, we're not getting by New England.

First off, we got crushed by the Colts and Bengals in 2005, but came back and beat them both at their home field in the playoffs. Second someone else might take out the Patriots in the playoffs, and that someone might be a team we match up favorably against. So it might not matter.

bottom line our weaknesses play to the Patriots strengths. they look better against us than they do virtually any other team in the league and conversly we look worse against them than we do against any team in the league. And tonight due to a variety of factors, we looked worse than we usually do against them. A perfect storm of crud.

But it's one game, it doesn't stain unless you allow it. Come out and beat the Raiders and it's history.

zulater
11-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Why exactly should we beat the Jets in pgh? We SHOULD have beat a Pats teams that isn't near as good on D as the Jets and our O put up exactly 10 points when the game mattered.

lol. Not worth explaining it to you, just come here and tell me what happened after we beat the Jets in a month.

NCSteeler
11-15-2010, 01:19 AM
lol it is. I honestly think I'll have a heart attack during a game and I'm only 20. I wish I could forget about it but I'm dreading all the bandwagon patriot fans 2mro.

The older you get the easier it is. I remember being young and being absolutely torn up after loses and particularly ones when they played bad, but now that I'm forty , I'm pissed for a bit then I move on. Much easier, but it comes with age.

Borski
11-15-2010, 01:21 AM
The older you get the easier it is. I remember being young and being absolutely torn up after loses and particularly ones when they played bad, but now that I'm forty , I'm pissed for a bit then I move on. Much easier, but it comes with age.

Yeah I was definitely pissed during the game, but now I'm fine, a little annoyed, but fine.

NCSteeler
11-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Even if we make the playoffs, we're not getting by New England. Not with our crappy corners and Mr. Gay running around.

But I think it's worse than the other beatings we took at their hands. We couldn't do anything on offense against them either until it was too late and they the game was already decided. They always do everything right against us, while we can't do anything against them. We look sloppy and ill-prepared, they look top-notch and ready to play.

Why, why do we fail so much against New England? It's not video tapes. We just can't beat these guys with Brady.

I'm not exactly sure NE makes the playoffs, although if we don't win the division they will put us out without even playing us. I think NE goes 10-6 . Bellichick throws 75 percent of the time against the Steelers and 50 percent against the rest of the league. I'm pretty sure he knows about our bad secondary coverage.

NCSteeler
11-15-2010, 01:26 AM
lol. Not worth explaining it to you, just come here and tell me what happened after we beat the Jets in a month.

The Jets and the Ravens could both easily be losses. Hell with our pass defense, I'm not sure the Bills will be an easy game, our Offense is in no shape to get into a shoot out. Really the only teams we match up against well is the running Raiders and the running Browns. Just about everyone who can block on the line a bit will pass on us with ease.

oneforthetoe
11-15-2010, 01:27 AM

I'm concerned as well. And hopefully the team is concerned. I made the comment because of your point that we would be lucky ti win three more games. That does border on throwing in the towel, no?

For the record, I think realistically we could finish 11-5, but 10 - 6 could still win the division. Baltimore still has to play Tampa, New Orleans and us. In addition, they finish the season with Cleveland and Cinci back to back. While neither of those two teams are better that the Ravens, back to back games against division rivals is never easy - and Cinci has the Ravens number as of late. Of course, we have to get our own ship straightened out or it's all for not.

Look at it this way, whether we go 2-0 or 1-1 (0 and 2 is not on my radar) the next two weeks, our season still likely comes down to the game in Baltimore. So, it is not unrealistic that we could be leading the division come the beginning of January with Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel starting on D. Keep your fingers crossed.

Crow-Magnon
11-16-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd love to argue this with you, but......

Steelers got holes. Ravens got holes. Whose holes are worse? ( please, no sexual innuendos here :horror: ) The Steelers are having trouble against the pass. So are the Ravens. And in this league, that's a killer.

I truly thought by Sunday night the Ravens were going to be 6-3 and Pittsburgh was going to be 7-2, a game up on Baltimore. Then again, I also thought Baltimore was going to win a tough but close game in Atlanta Thursday.

NFL, thy name is Parity. Ravens lose to Bengals- Steelers beat Bengals. Steelers beat Atlanta in OT- Ravens lose to Falcons after going up 21-20 with 1:05 on the game clock. Ravens lose to Pats 23-20 in OT at Gillette Stadium- Steelers get pummeled by New England 39-26 at Heinz Field.

If Cincinnati and Cleveland weren't in the AFCN, we'd all be quaking in our shoes.

oneforthetoe
11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
I'd love to argue this with you, but......

Steelers got holes. Ravens got holes. Whose holes are worse? ( please, no sexual innuendos here :horror: ) The Steelers are having trouble against the pass. So are the Ravens. And in this league, that's a killer.

I truly thought by Sunday night the Ravens were going to be 6-3 and Pittsburgh was going to be 7-2, a game up on Baltimore. Then again, I also thought Baltimore was going to win a tough but close game in Atlanta Thursday.

NFL, thy name is Parity. Ravens lose to Bengals- Steelers beat Bengals. Steelers beat Atlanta in OT- Ravens lose to Falcons after going up 21-20 with 1:05 on the game clock. Ravens lose to Pats 23-20 in OT at Gillette Stadium- Steelers get pummeled by New England 39-26 at Heinz Field.

If Cincinnati and Cleveland weren't in the AFCN, we'd all be quaking in our shoes.

That is a very wise post. Just for that I am willing to trade you William Gay for any of your starting corners. I will call Dan and work out the details. Just a friendly gesture between friends.

steelpride12
11-16-2010, 06:04 PM
I still like their chances with 4 games left at home, and 2 of their 3 road games against the 1-win Bills and 3-win Browns on the last Sunday of the regular season. I don't think they're going to lay another egg in front of the home crowd like they did tonight. However, except for the Saints game, they've played better on the road than at home, and that simply should not happen.
Sounds like our Pens too just can't win at home for some awful reason.

Count Steeler
11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
So i guess all you guys wrote off the 2008 season after the Eagles game, or if not that the Giants game? One game does not a season make, this was a perfect storm of negative circumstances confluensing against the Steelers. The Patriots were at their best, we were at our worst. But it wont make a bit of difference against the raiders, or the week after that against the bills etc.. etc.. etc...

Look at the last 3 games together and you see a scary trend.

zulater
11-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Look at the last 3 games together and you see a scary trend.

We rode a similiar trend to the SB in 08. Or are you forgetting those week after week squeaker wins over the Chargers, cowboys, Ravens, etc... oh yeah let's not forget the drubbing we took in Tenn.

Count Steeler
11-16-2010, 06:43 PM
We rode a similiar trend to the SB in 08. Or are you forgetting those week after week squeaker wins over the Chargers, cowboys, Ravens, etc... oh yeah let's not forget the drubbing we took in Tenn.

Emphasis on Wins. The Tenn. loss got the team together and got us ready for the SB run. Just haven't seen any passion in the eyes of our guys. Something is just not right. I'm over the Patsy loss, I hope our guys are as well. Perhaps it is the fines that were levied against Harrison that has taken the edge off our team.

Lambert_Loonie
11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm not going to be a homer and I'm not going to be doom & gloom either.

I think the Steelers will get their 10 or 11 wins and will make the Playoffs. And the less likely the Steelers play the Patriots, Colts or Chargers, the further they'll go. Because I think that if they play any of them, they're dead meat. The Steelers have a great run defense - those teams just won't run the ball. The Steelers have a weak pass defense - Manning, Rivers and Brady will pass like crazy and look for poor matchups to take advantage of. And as bad as Pittsburgh's offensive line and offensive coordinator are, the offense won't be able to keep up.

tube517
11-17-2010, 10:10 AM
After last year, I'm done trying to predict what the record will be. Nowadays, I just hope they get to the dance. The playoffs are a whole different ball game.

Crow-Magnon
11-18-2010, 05:25 PM
That is a very wise post. Just for that I am willing to trade you William Gay for any of your starting corners. I will call Dan and work out the details. Just a friendly gesture between friends.

Good deal! Oh wait....we already cut Frank Walker last year. LMAO!

zulater
11-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Shit, we've been living on the edge all year I'm not sure why anyone deluded themselves into thinking things would be easy? Fact is we've been living on the edge all season and I'm sure that's where many of our future games are headed. But this year's team is resilent, and I think we we'll win most of the close one's to come. Fact is we match up terribly with the Pats, kinda like the left handed slugger who can't handle a particuliar lefty's screw ball. Looks like a moron every time he's in the box against him, but is pretty much lights out against the rest of the league. well that's us against the Pats. And we compounded the situation catching them pretty banged up and off a short week following an extended road trip. I think what we saw is the worst of the Steelers against the best of the Pats. Not pretty indeed, but it wont carry over. We'll be better, and there wont be a pissed off Brady lined up against us again this regualr season. Nothing even close.

Confusious say, never as crappy as look when get ass kicked, never as good as look when you do ass kicking. Truth lies somewhere in middle.

86WARD
11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
I've had them at 10-6 or 11-5 since the preseason. I'll stick with that. Not sure if it will be enough to win the division, but should get them to the playoffs.

zulater
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM

:eyebrows:

Ok generally I suck, but occasionally I get one right too.:behindsofa:

steeldevil
12-05-2010, 11:26 PM
:eyebrows:

Ok generally I suck, but occasionally I get one right too.:behindsofa:

haha

venom
12-05-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.girlofwords.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cryingravensfan.jpg

tube517
12-06-2010, 12:09 AM
:chuckle:

http://www.girlofwords.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cryingravensfan.jpg

zulater
12-19-2010, 07:32 PM
We'll win 12, and be the AFC's second seed.

Crow-Magnon
12-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Whatta day yesterday! I'm still in shock. Especially at the outcome of that Eagles-Jints game!

Ok, so with a loss to the Jets the Steelers and the Ravens are tied at 10-4, with Pittsburgh currently holding the tiebreaker in division wins due to that horrid Week 2 loss to the Bengals. No matter what I wish for, I can't see the Steelers either dropping the last two games, or Baltimore winning out and a Steelers Week 17 loss to the Browns. So with two games to go, I'm pretty confident that Pittsburgh is going to win the AFCN title, with Baltimore most likely keeping the #5 seed in the wild card.

Which sucks, because with Indy's win over the Jags, that means a trip to Lucas Field rather than Arrowhead, so the #6 seed actually gets a (IMO) easier path to the Divisional Playoff round.

No matter, the division ended up pretty much as I figured it, with Baltimore and Pittsburgh looking to play in Week 18 and the Browns and Bengals already thinking about 2011.

As it should be. :D

ALLD
12-20-2010, 08:11 AM
We must win out decisively or it could be one and done. The Ravens are on our tails and if they end up winning the division we might as well pack it in.

Crow-Magnon
12-20-2010, 08:35 AM
We must win out decisively or it could be one and done. The Ravens are on our tails and if they end up winning the division we might as well pack it in.

True, but I really (and I meam REALLY!) cannot see the Steelers dropping a game to Carolina. Not unless Roethlisberger, Ward, Mendenhall, Harrison and Woodley all come down with dysentery.

oneforthetoe
12-20-2010, 08:44 AM

Defeatist much? Since when in our recent playoff history has home field mattered much? And decisive wins only matter in regards to our BCS ranking. :rolleyes:We are not the favorites either way, but this team is rarely "out of it' ..... whether we are on the road or at home - playing the first week or second. Good lord we had a chance to win the game on the last play.

steelpride12
12-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Well we still have the division lead over Baltimore with the division record being better, this means we MUST win our final two games and def. the one against the Browns since it's a division games. These both could be traps and the Steelers must practice and work hard to get these W's.

X-Terminator
12-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Defeatist much? Since when in our recent playoff history has home field mattered much? And decisive wins only matter in regards to our BCS ranking. :rolleyes:We are not the favorites either way, but this team is rarely "out of it' ..... whether we are on the road or at home - playing the first week or second. Good lord we had a chance to win the game on the last play.

Exactly.

The only time home field meant something to them was in 2008. Other than that, it doesn't mean a thing. This team won 3 road games in very hostile environments to get to XL, and some are worried if they'd have to start on the road? Not me. Certainly not when you consider they are 6-1 on the road this season.

ALLD
12-20-2010, 09:42 AM
It's not about the road this time, it is about the bye week. Must have it to heal up and rest plus make it shorter to the Bowl which is Super.

zulater
12-21-2010, 05:50 AM
It's not about the road this time, it is about the bye week. Must have it to heal up and rest plus make it shorter to the Bowl which is Super.

Exactly.

HometownGal
12-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Exactly.

The only time home field meant something to them was in 2008. Other than that, it doesn't mean a thing. This team won 3 road games in very hostile environments to get to XL, and some are worried if they'd have to start on the road? Not me. Certainly not when you consider they are 6-1 on the road this season.

:applaudit: :thumbsup: :applaudit:

Though I'd much prefer to have the bye to give our guys out with injuries the BEST chance at being able to play in the playoffs, if we have to start out on the road, so be it. I have faith in these guys and know they'll give it their best shot. :tt02:

P.S. Yes - I'm a :cheer2:leader. :heh:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Always the first one to start a negative thread after a loss or tough win.. SMH

Here's to a Stillers/Egirls Super Bowl...

zulater
12-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I said 11 wins wont guarantee a playoff berth in the AFC and that remains true. But if the season plays out as i expect, or even comes close to it the Steelers will make it with 11 wins due to favorable tie breakers.

And this is what I'll stand by, if we don't win 11 games this year, I'll come to this thread, take my lumps, and then be gone for good.

I guess you guys are stuck with me a while longer. :chuckle:

BuddhaBus
12-23-2010, 11:19 PM

DAMMIT! That's just like getting socks for Christmas! :boink:

Just kidding, Zu! :hug:

zulater
12-23-2010, 11:21 PM
DAMMIT! That's just like getting socks for Christmas! :boink:

Just kidding, Zu! :hug:

:chuckle:

tube517
12-24-2010, 12:12 AM
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut those 11 wins came against non-contenders.....:sarcasm2::heh:

fansince'76
12-24-2010, 12:16 AM
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut those 11 wins came against non-contenders.....:sarcasm2::heh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: