PDA

View Full Version : Belichick* and Brady* soaring as NFL couple

stillers4me
11-14-2010, 07:17 AM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, November 14, 2010

There is the seemingly joyless coach who projects a personality that is as drab as one of the gray-hooded sweatshirts he often wears during games.

Then there is the matinee-idol quarterback who dresses as if he stepped off the page of a Gucci ad and is pursued by paparazzi and pass-rushers alike.

New England's Bill Belichick* and Tom Brady* make a curious pairing to say the least.
"Off the field, they couldn't be more different," said ESPN analyst and former Patriots* linebacker Tedy Bruschi. "On the field, they're identical."

The two, who will lead the Patriots* against the Steelers tonight at Heinz Field, are something else on the field: winners.

They have been the common denominators in an epic 10-year run that has seen the Patriots* become the first team to win three Super Bowls in four seasons.

And if not for a miraculous catch by the Giants' David Tyree in Super Bowl XLII, Belichick* and Brady* would have achieved perfection in 2007 — and joined the Steelers' Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw as the only coach-quarterback tandem to win four Lombardi Trophies...................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_709250.html

stillers4me
11-14-2010, 07:17 AM
There's something very satisfying about that headline.............I chose to leave it alone. :lol: