PDA

View Full Version : Wallace Or Jackson ? NFL's Fiercest' Deep Threat...

SteelerEmpire
11-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Wallace is movin on up...

Article:

One of the most glamorous plays in american football is the deep pass. These plays are made possible by the deep threat wide receiver. With speed, amazing ball skills, height and springs on their feet, they physically dominate defensive backs and change the tide of games with 40+ yard touchdowns.

LINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/513856-best-active-nfl-deep-threat-wide-receivers-will-randy-moss-still-be-the-best

Also. Now a top 5 fantasy player !?

LINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/516559-fantasy-football-week-10-qb-stat-projections-mike-wallace-a-top-five-option

Steeldude
11-13-2010, 07:22 PM
These plays are made possible by the deep threat wide receiver. With speed, amazing ball skills, height and springs on their feet, they physically dominate defensive backs and change the tide of games with 40+ yard touchdowns

jackson is small. 5' 10" 175 who is he going to physically dominate?

Psycho Ward 86
11-13-2010, 07:35 PM
jackson is small. 5' 10" 175 who is he going to physically dominate?

that's bleach report for ya

Count Steeler
11-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Maybe they meant by speed? Nay, they goofed.

Merchant
11-14-2010, 02:43 AM
Wallace's YPC speaks for itself.

steelreserve
11-14-2010, 03:33 AM
I don't see how Jackson even makes a decent comparison, unless you count hot-dogging, attitude, and future Mountain Dew commercial appearances as positives.

solardave
11-14-2010, 04:55 AM
I don't see how Jackson even makes a decent comparison, unless you count hot-dogging, attitude, and future Mountain Dew commercial appearances as positives.

About the only thing Jackson has going for him is Vick's arm strength. I'd take Wallace any day.

Galax Steeler
11-14-2010, 06:16 AM
I like the way Wallace plays I would rather have him his stats speak for themselves.

TheSikOne
11-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Actually there is very little discrepancy between the two in stats. The only real one is that Jackson has gotten a LOT more catches during the previous seasons, which is unfamiliar to Wallace so far. Wallace had 39 last year and is on pace for only 44 this year even though he is now a full-time starter. But as a PURE deep threat, I'd say Wallace wins slightly. Although he does need to start showing he can get 7 or 8+ catches in a game (He only has one so far with 7), but I have faith he will. His potential is THROUGH THE EFFING ROOF.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah Jackson is a more complete receiver, he's better than Wallace as of now. Wallace needs to learn to consistently catch the ball everywhere like he did against the Bengals on Monday. If he keeps that up....oh boy!