PDA

View Full Version : Russell wants a job with second worse team...

BPS3akaWirels3
11-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Russell looks to O’s for job (http://blog.triblive.com/bucco-blog/2010/11/12/russell-looks-to-os-for-job/)

November 12th, 2010

Former manager John Russell could have another job before the Pirates even hire his replacement.
According to the Baltimore Sun, Russell on Friday interviewed with the Baltimore Orioles for a spot on manager Buck Showalter’s coaching staff. The Orioles need a bench coach and a third base coach. Those two coaches also could handle the duties of infield instructor and catchers coach. Russell was a catcher during his playing career.
The Pirates fired Russell on Oct. 4 and have not yet named a replacement. The two finalists are Clint Hurdle, who also has interviewed for the Mets’ manager job, and Jeff Banister.
Among the other candidates for a spot on the Orioles’ coaching staff is former Pirates coach/minor league instructor Rich Donnelly.

http://blog.triblive.com/bucco-blog/2010/11/12/russell-looks-to-os-for-job/

cakmakli
11-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Best of luck to him.

You know I don't think he was that bad of a coach. I think some of his playing decisions were dictated by upper management and he had no pitching to work with. Even Casey Stengel would have had a problem with this team.

I'm not sad to see him go and I'm not apologizing for him but he was dealt a crap hand to begin with.

BPS3akaWirels3
11-13-2010, 09:15 AM
I agree that he was thrown the bone but he still made some stupid mistakes during a lot of games that fall on him. How many times should he have pulled Karstens in the 5th inning and didn't and the game got out of hand.

steelpride12
11-14-2010, 08:37 AM
He got thrown into a terrible situation here in Pittsburgh, not to mention I think 100% of the problem is Nutting.

BPS3akaWirels3
11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Well, Our former coach is now an O's coach... We see ya in PNC Park in June from the OTHER bullpen coaching the bench...