PDA

View Full Version : Nowhere to run on Steelers defense

stillers4me
11-12-2010, 08:45 PM
By: Mike Bires (mbires@timesonline.com)
Beaver County Times
Thursday November 11, 2010 11:56 PM

PITTSBURGH — Not only do the Steelers lead the NFL in stopping the run, they are doing so at a record-setting pace.

The Steelers’ defense is the first in league history to hold opponents to 75 or fewer rushing yards in each of their first eight games of a season.

Considering that the NFL has been in existence since 1920, well, that’s quite an accomplishment.

“That doesn’t surprise me,” nose tackle Casey Hampton said. “I’m accustomed to stopping the run around here.”

Since Hampton came to Pittsburgh in the first round of the 2001 draft, no team in the NFL has stuffed the run better than the Steelers. Over the past decade, the Steelers have allowed the fewest rushing yards................

Read more: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/november/11/nowhere-to-run-on-steelers-defense.html

Merchant
11-12-2010, 10:27 PM
One 100 yard rusher in the past 42 games..

That's one too many!! :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
11-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Hopefully we can keep that pace up and not let anyone run on us all year long. I just wish our pass defense was that good but I guess you can't have them both.

HometownGal
11-13-2010, 03:50 AM
One 100 yard rusher in the past 42 games..

That's one too many!! :chuckle:

LOL! :lol:

The Steelers D stopping the run is phenomenal. Now if we could just get the secondary straightened out . . . .

SteelerFanInStl
11-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Unfortunately in today's NFL, you don't have to run the ball. All of the rules favor the passing game and more and more teams are placing less importance on running.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2010, 10:11 AM
come on people...we all know the Ravens and the Jets are the best defenses in the world all time...why bother trying to hype ourselves...