PDA

View Full Version : Dungy "texts" advice to Mike Tomlin

stillers4me
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Words of wisdom....
http://www.snfallaccess.com/2010/11/coach-dungy-rodney-harrison-text-mike-tomlin/

Chidi29
11-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Harrison is pretty off on the "pass happy" comment. Lack of 100 yard games is a terrible argument for that, too.

Merchant
11-12-2010, 07:51 PM
POUND IT!

Steeldude
11-12-2010, 09:40 PM
i hate to say it, but i seriously doubt the patriots' WRs will have any trouble getting open.

Dick723
11-12-2010, 10:45 PM
i hate to say it, but i seriously doubt the patriots' WRs will have any trouble getting open.

They will if we control the ball running.

SteelerFanInStl
11-12-2010, 11:08 PM

They have Welker and a bunch of no names at WR. Not a lot of talent there but of course if we don't get pressure on Brady he'll dink and dunk us to death. Keeping him off the field is the best defense.

Galax Steeler
11-13-2010, 03:55 AM
Hopefully we will be able to control the clock and keep him off the field as much as possible. Our defense needs to get pressure on him and make him taste the turf at Heinz field.

solardave
11-13-2010, 04:16 AM
They have Welker and a bunch of no names at WR. Not a lot of talent there but of course if we don't get pressure on Brady he'll dink and dunk us to death. Keeping him off the field is the best defense.

Dion Branch is a capable and dangerous receiver. Not a no name. You're right about having to pressure Brady.

steeldawg
11-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Pass happy is he joking??? When ben was out we rushed for 100 yrds because thats the only way we could move the ball. Actually i think trying to run the ball too much in certain situations has been a problem for us.

SteelerFanInStl
11-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Dion Branch is a capable and dangerous receiver. Not a no name. You're right about having to pressure Brady.

Deion Branch hasn't done anything since the first time he was with the Pats so I still consider him a no name. He had a good game against the Ravens but only 7 catches in 3 games since. All of their WRs are also small guys and our CBs seem to have more problems with the bigger WRs. I think we'll do fine this week, provided we get pressure.

SteelerFanInStl
11-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Pass happy is he joking??? When ben was out we rushed for 100 yrds because thats the only way we could move the ball. Actually i think trying to run the ball too much in certain situations has been a problem for us.

And Mendy had 99 yards rushing against Cincy. I guess that 1 yard makes all the difference. :lol:

Mtn.Steel
11-13-2010, 10:21 AM
They have a guy named Danny Woodhead who is going to give us major fits. No name? Perhaps. Dangerous? For sure!

SteelerFanInStl
11-13-2010, 10:30 AM
They have a guy named Danny Woodhead who is going to give us major fits. No name? Perhaps. Dangerous? For sure!

You're kidding right? :lol: We've shut down CJ2K, Michael Turner, Ray Rice, etc. and you think that Woodhead is going to be a problem?

Chidi29
11-13-2010, 11:06 AM
You're kidding right? :lol: We've shut down CJ2K, Michael Turner, Ray Rice, etc. and you think that Woodhead is going to be a problem?

Not as a runner, but he could pose a problem in pass protection and out of the backfield. Kevin Faulk had success against us in that fashion.

The Duke
11-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Not as a runner, but he could pose a problem in pass protection and out of the backfield. Kevin Faulk had success against us in that fashion.

yep

and woodhead has more than picked up right where faulk ended. Gotta keep an eye on the little guy on third downs....

T&B fan
11-13-2010, 11:39 AM
the interview sounded to me like if the cheaters don't win its not because we won or beat them, its more that they lost ...

VTsteel
11-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Great advice - "let Mendenhall do his thing" I hope we pound them on the ground all game.

SteelerFanInStl
11-13-2010, 01:12 PM

We always seem to have problems with the dump offs to the RBs out of the backfield so I wouldn't be surprised at that.

Stlrs4Life
11-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Harrison is pretty off on the "pass happy" comment. Lack of 100 yard games is a terrible argument for that, too.

I don't think so, he is dead on. We do like to pass more. I'd run #34 just like Dungy said.

SirHulka
11-13-2010, 10:19 PM
the interview sounded to me like if the cheaters don't win its not because we won or beat them, its more that they lost ...
Well, after we beat them down, Marcia Brady made all kinds of excuses...We were out of sync, we had a bad game, we had a bad week of practice....etc; So did Welker.

I have to admit, though Belichick took it like a man. He said they were outplayed, outhustled, and outcoached. Said we beat them in every phase of the game including coaching. Props to him for being honest. Not like Marcia.

stillers4me
11-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Well, after we beat them down, Marcia Brady made all kinds of excuses...We were out of sync, we had a bad game, we had a bad week of practice....etc; So did Welker.

I have to admit, though Belichick took it like a man. He said they were outplayed, outhustled, and outcoached. Said we beat them in every phase of the game including coaching. Props to him for being honest. Not like Marcia.

Thanks for pissing them off, Hulka. :heh:

X-Terminator
11-14-2010, 07:27 AM

Yeah, God forbid Marsha give anyone credit. :jerkit: That's why even if the Steelers lose tonight, that they leave Marsha battered and bruised.

Butch
11-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Maybe some of the drop in the run production can be from the mounting injuries on the O-line, they have taken some knocks in that area big time.