PDA

View Full Version : In a pinch, Polamalu can be running back

stillers4me
11-12-2010, 04:59 PM
By: Mike Bires
Beaver County Times
Thursday November 11, 2010 11:54 PM

PITTSBURGH — If one more Steelers running back would have gotten hurt Monday night, Troy Polamalu may have been called upon to carry the football.

“Troy is always our emergency running back,” offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said.
In the 27-21 win in Cincinnati, backups Mewelde Moore and Isaac Redman were sidelined with concussions. Moore left the game in the second quarter, Redman in the fourth.

Because rookie Jonathan Dwyer was a game-day inactive and not in uniform, the Steelers were down to just one running back.

If Rashard Mendenhall would have gone down, it would have been Polamalu, the all-star safety, who would have gone in at running back.

“Definitely,” said Polamalu, who played running back and defensive back in high school. “I practiced at running back during our bye week. It was nice. It was fun.” .........

Read more.....http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2010/november/11/in-a-pinch-polamalu-can-be-running-back.html

stillers4me
11-12-2010, 05:02 PM
What idiot came up with the plan to put our most valuable defensive player right smack dab in the line of fire......oh...never mind. Stupid question.....:doh:

Psycho Ward 86
11-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Interesting...I wish we could've held that 27-7 lead against the Bengals deep into the 4th. Then we could have seen Troy run the ball in garbage time!

steeldevil
11-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Yea.... think I would rather not see that...

Steelman
11-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Given Troy's knees, they'd put him at runningback? Seriously? I'm not sure I like that.

Why not Harrison, he played RB in high school too.

Raleigh Steel
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
it's a shame we don't have a fullback on our team that could block and run the ball in a pinch. instead we have an all-pro safety. what's next? timmons is our emergency tight end?

The Duke
11-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I'd prefer jeff reed if troy's really our 4th option

steelreserve
11-13-2010, 01:02 AM
I would like to see this, but only if we ran a fleaflicker. Things you only get to witness once in your life.

Galax Steeler
11-13-2010, 03:42 AM
I hope we never get down to him running the ball we need to keep him on defense.

stlrtruck
11-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Why not Harrison, he played RB in high school too.

Because he would get a fine for hitting the defensive players too hard at that point.

SteelerFanInStl
11-13-2010, 08:30 AM
I hope we never get down to him running the ball we need to keep him on defense.

Agreed. I don't ever want to see Troy at RB.

GitNoLuv
11-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Wow...just wow. He's had issues with injuries as your All-Stud Safety...and you want to put him at Runningback (where the opposing defense gets to key in on him?) Did Marvin Lewis infiltrate your locker room?

tube517
11-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Harrison is a backup long snapper. Jeff Reed is the next Deion (avoids tackles).

it's a shame we don't have a fullback on our team that could block and run the ball in a pinch. instead we have an all-pro safety. what's next? timmons is our emergency tight end?

BlastFurnace
11-13-2010, 10:29 AM
No-one ever claimed that the Steelers coaching staff is too bright.

NCSteeler
11-13-2010, 10:53 AM

Timmons would be a monster TE

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Troy isn't allowed to play running back according to his contract with Head & Shoulders. As a running back, his hair becomes too pull-able and their insurance premiums would go through the roof on his million dollar locks.

:wink02:

steelreserve
11-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Because he would get a fine for hitting the defensive players too hard at that point.

Dude, at this point, Harrison would get a fine for jerking off. Not on the field or anything, I mean. But since he'll get fined anyway the next time he decides to jo, he might as well get his money's worth and do it on the field, or on top of a cop car.