PDA

View Full Version : Dermontti Dawson

solardave
11-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't know how many of us know about Dermonti's financial situation but since I live near his home I hear more (I think) about what is going on. He has declared bankrupcy and next monday they are going to auction off all of his stuff in Nicholasville,Ky.

I loved him as a Steeler and it really bothers me #1 that he is not in the HOF but even more to see him down and out like this. I guess he made some bad business decisions that cost him everything. It's really sad to see one of our own go through this. I feel like a family member is going through it and I can't help.:sick:

Merchant
11-12-2010, 02:03 PM
So many pro athletes have this happen to them. Once they retire they're not making millions a year anymore and their expenses catch up to them because they didn't manage their finances properly. Sad to see it happen to a great Steeler.

tube517
11-12-2010, 02:11 PM
First Webster, now Dirt. Man, I feel sorry for our ex-centers.

Steeldude
11-12-2010, 02:22 PM
dawson could still make a good living as a line coach.

solardave
11-12-2010, 04:09 PM

I agree, he was a smart player and could probably work his way up the ranks.

TroysBarber
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Being a great player doesn't always translate into being a great coach. Remember Joe Green as defensive line coach?

Steeldude
11-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Being a great player doesn't always translate into being a great coach. Remember Joe Green as defensive line coach?

that's true, but he doesn't have to be a line coach. he could just come in and do specialty drills, mentor etc... i am sure some team will give him a chance. if not the NFL then perhaps the NCAA.