PDA

View Full Version : Patriot propaganda

siss
11-10-2010, 04:16 PM
I blame articles like this on BSPN. They only showed half the story and thats why people think Ben got away with something.

BEN ROETHLISBERGER: THE REASON NEVER TO ROOT FOR THE STEELERS
Wed, 11/10/2010 - 3:07pm
By Jerry Thornton
Bio | Email Jerry Thornton | Subscribe to RSS | Print
6 COMMENTS

According to Jerry Thornton, Ben Roethlisberger's off-field antics makes him the anti-Tom Brady. (AP)
As anyone who knows me can tell you, I love the Patriots like I love my country: In a completely biased, irrational, jingoistic, my-football-team-right-or-wrong, star-spangled championship banner-waving, “Foxboro: Love It or Leave It” bumper-sticker kind of way.

Some people might think both dynasties are on the decline and their best days behind them. But I’ve seen both win the Big Ones too many times to believe it. If New England Patriot-ism is the last refuge of a scoundrel, then this scoundrel wants to live like a refugee.

But while I’m a shameless homer, I’m not a total xenophobe. There are 31 other teams in the NFL and it’s not as if I hate them all the way I hate, say, the Jets. In much the same way that I’ve looked at other countries like Ireland or Australia and said to myself, “Hmm. They speak English. They drink beer by the barrel. They talk too much and sing too loud. I could definitely live there,” I’ve seen other NFL franchises and thought, “I could see myself rooting for these guys if I had to.”

And the team at the top of that list is the one facing the Pats on Sunday night: The Pittsburgh Steelers.

I’m not saying I’m a Steelers fan, just that I could be. If Mr. Kraft were to ever get sick of me stalking his quarterback or pawing through the Gillette dumpsters looking for locks of his coach’s hair and banished me from Patriots Nation forever, it’s not out of the realm to imagine myself following the Black & Gold.
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/general/jerry-thornton/2010/11/10/ben-roethlisberger-reason-never-root-steelers

fansince'76
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
The Sports Illustrated cover article about him from last May was a magnum opus of this guy’s knuckleheadedry. Ben bothering pregnant waitresses. Ben chewing & screwing at restaurants. Ben surrounding himself with a posse of paid sycophants but weaseling out of paying $5 cover charges. Ben repeatedly pulling the “Don’t you know who I am?” when anyone dare suggest he act like a human being. And mostly though, you get a picture of Big Ben being incapable of keeping Li’l Ben where it belongs and harassing drunken 20 year-old coeds every chance he gets.And how many bastard kids does Ben have? Golden Boy has at least one.

Terry Bradshaw said he has no use for Roethlisberger, which would be the Pittsburgh equivalent of Bill Russell calling Paul Pierce a nitwit, which is unimaginable.And did Bill Russell ever go to L.A. and make the statement that he wishes he would've played for the Lakers instead of the Celtics? That's essentially what Bradshaw did recently in New Orleans (as if he would've so much as sniffed a Super Bowl in New Orleans in the '70s - riiiiight). IOW, Bradshaw's said a lot of stupid things lately.

What absolute claptrap this article is. :coffee:

vasteeler
11-10-2010, 04:33 PM
And how many bastard kids does Ben have? Golden Boy has at least one.

And did Bill Russell ever go to L.A. and make the statement that he wishes he would've played for the Lakers instead of the Celtics? That's essentially what Bradshaw did recently in New Orleans (as if he would've so much as sniffed a Super Bowl in New Orleans in the '70s - riiiiight). IOW, Bradshaw's said a lot of stupid things lately.

What absolute claptrap this article is. :coffee:

you beat me to it

Chidi29
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Guess I won't get my Christmas wish of having Jerry Thornton becoming a Steelers fan.

It's been on my mind for weeks.

LLT
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Hmmmm...How about the fact that Brady went seven years with coaches "mysteriously" telling him exactly what defense what going to be played against him on every down.

Call Ben what you like...But either Brady is the DUMBEST QB to ever play the game by not questioning his coaches ability to predict the future....or he is a cheater with an asterick ridden resume.

LLT
11-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Guess I won't get my Christmas wish of having Jerry Thornton becoming a Steelers fan.

It's been on my mind for weeks.

oooooooooooo.......you are so NOT getting a card from him this year!!!!

Chidi29
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
oooooooooooo.......you are so NOT getting a card from him this year!!!!

Oh snap!

I still hope I get one from Belichick!

tube517
11-10-2010, 05:00 PM
:bored:

SMR
11-10-2010, 05:03 PM
So let me get this....the reason to not root for the Steelers is because of ONE lone player- Roethlisberger? By this logic, no one should root for the Eagles because of Michael Vick.

HometownGal
11-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Hmmmm...How about the fact that Brady went seven years with coaches "mysteriously" telling him exactly what defense what going to be played against him on every down.

Call Ben what you like...But either Brady is the DUMBEST QB to ever play the game by not questioning his coaches ability to predict the future....or he is a cheater with an asterick ridden resume.

:applaudit: :thumbsup:

I think he's both. :lol: I also think he has a hidden videocamera in his A$$ Chin. :heh:

SMR
11-10-2010, 07:54 PM
:applaudit: :thumbsup:

I think he's both. :lol: I also think he has a hidden videocamera in his A$$ Chin. :heh:

Well yeah, his chin can more than accommodate a videocamera.

steelerdude15
11-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a typical person from Boston.

solardave
11-11-2010, 01:11 AM

All of the above. And he's gay!!

Devilsdancefloor
11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
So you cant root for the steelers because of ben, but you can root for a organization who got caught cheating and who knows how bad the cheating was since der kommish destroyed the evidence how covenant!

HughC
11-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Did anybody actually read the article, or did everybody just stop after seeing the title?

The writer admits he is a homer, but spends most of the article complimenting the Steelers franchise. He's not exactly the first person this year to say something negative about Ben. Here's some of what he wrote:

I’ve seen other NFL franchises and thought, “I could see myself rooting for these guys if I had to.”

And the team at the top of that list is the one facing the Pats on Sunday night: The Pittsburgh Steelers.

I’m not saying I’m a Steelers fan, just that I could be.

it’s not out of the realm to imagine myself following the Black & Gold.

Because really, what’s not to like? They’ve been successful, no question. But that’s not the reason. The Dallas Cowboys and the Los Angeles Raiders of Oakland have won a lot of titles over the years and I’d no sooner defect to them than I would to North Korea.

Pittsburgh is different. There’s a certain admirable quality about the way that they’ve won. The Steelers have a tradition and philosophy and they stick with it. The way they’ve branded a particular style of playing football and kept it through decades of rules changes, coaching trends and gimmicks. Chuck Noll coached the same way Bill Cowher did which is the same way Mike Tomlin does. The difference between Troy Polamalu, Rod Woodson and Mel Blount is only a matter of hairstyle. The manner in which they smashed your receiver in the mouth and the pain afterward is very much the same. Dick LeBeau has been running the same Zone Blitz packages through parts of five presidential administrations and won’t stop until someone stops him.

So, yeah, there’s a lot to admire about these Pittsburgh Steelers

He then points out that for many Steeler fans it has been difficult to cheer for Ben because of the negative publicity. Though many here will disagree, it is true up to a point - or maybe I should say was true. A lot of fans were embarrassed by the situations he let himself get into which resulted in negative publicity for him, the team, and the fans.

The biggest problem with the article is that he is basing it off the way people felt seven months ago, and not how they feel now after more facts came out. However, there has been a whole lot worse written in the past. It's not often that you'll see somebody who admits to being a big fan of a rival team say as many complimentary things about this franchise as he did.

Dino 6 Rings
11-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't care what they are saying out of Boston or New England...

all I know is

"We've played against much better safeties than him"

I hope we RIP THEIR FCKING HEADS OFF!

HughC
11-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't care what they are saying out of Boston or New England...

all I know is

"We've played against much better safeties than him"

I hope we RIP THEIR FCKING HEADS OFF!

I really would have much preferred Anthony Smith not running his mouth and guaranteeing a win. When he said that I just shook my head.

Craic
11-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I really would have much preferred Anthony Smith not running his mouth and guaranteeing a win. When he said that I just shook my head.

I would have much preferred the press not fabricating Anthony Smith's "Guarantee". If memory serves, Anthony Smith actually put two or three "ifs" in the statement. Those were conveniently left out.

GodfatherofSoul
11-11-2010, 03:55 PM
He was also baited into that statement by the interviewer. Most of those douches are more interested in getting their own names into the news than reporting.

BigNastyDefense
11-11-2010, 04:37 PM
He was also baited into that statement by the interviewer. Most of those douches are more interested in getting their own names into the news than reporting.

Exactly.

If I remember right, he was asked who he expected to win the game. Nobody is going to say, "Oh, we have no shot, the other team is going to win for sure."

And I am not interested in reading the article. Last I checked, Ben Roethlisberger has never been charged or arrested. Last I checked, the girl changed her story multiple times.

Tom Brady knocked up his girlfriend and instead of being a man, he dumped her for a supermodel (one that I don't think is all that hot). I know these days it's not that big of a deal as long as he pays child support, but in my mind that's not something a man would do. I don't believe that Brady has the character that many say he does. I wouldn't want him to be a role model for my children if I am lucky enough to one day be blessed with a child.

SMR
11-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Exactly.

If I remember right, he was asked who he expected to win the game. Nobody is going to say, "Oh, we have no shot, the other team is going to win for sure."

And I am not interested in reading the article. Last I checked, Ben Roethlisberger has never been charged or arrested. Last I checked, the girl changed her story multiple times.

Tom Brady knocked up his girlfriend and instead of being a man, he dumped her for a supermodel (one that I don't think is all that hot). I know these days it's not that big of a deal as long as he pays child support, but in my mind that's not something a man would do. I don't believe that Brady has the character that many say he does. I wouldn't want him to be a role model for my children if I am lucky enough to one day be blessed with a child.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Psycho Ward 86
11-11-2010, 05:29 PM
:rofl2: