PDA

View Full Version : Belichick* sees no difference in Ben Roethlisberger's play post-suspension

stillers4me
11-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Patriots* coach Bill Belichick* conducted his usual Tuesday conference call with the media a short time ago. One of the topics on the table had to do with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and if he was back up to speed after missing the first four games serving a suspension for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.

Belichick* said you could pick out any game Roethlisberger has played this season, and pick one out from ‘09, ‘08 and so on, and not know the difference.

”Ben looks like Ben,” Belichick* said. ”He’s got a great style of play. He’s a very physical guy, hard to tackle, hard to get down, makes a lot of big plays downfield, uses all of his receives. You’ve got to defend all of them, the tight ends, the backs, (Hines) Ward, Randel El . . . he uses all of them, and he’s a big threat back there to buy time in the pocket or pull it down and run.” ...............

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/11/09/pats-coach-bill-belichick-sees-no-difference-in-ben-roethlisberger-post-suspension/

X-Terminator
11-10-2010, 08:07 AM
You really ought to change that thread title, lest you give people the wrong impression :wink02:

stillers4me
11-10-2010, 08:19 AM
You really ought to change that thread title, lest you give people the wrong impression :wink02:

I thought the headline was worded badly, but it is what it is. Me thinks the Boston press is playing hanky panky with the words.

No pun intended.:lol:

I did a bit of editing myself......:heh:

salamander
11-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Yes, I was getting ready to go on a rampage about Belichick. :der:

Anyways, It's always good seeing Ben get respect from opposing coaches. He definitely is one tough mo-fo.

stillers4me
11-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Added the word "play". "Performance" just seemed so wrong. :lol:

stlrtruck
11-10-2010, 09:09 AM
In the words of Gruden, "He's an oak tree!"

stillers4me
11-10-2010, 09:10 AM
In the words of Gruden, "He's an oak tree!"

OMG!! How many times did he say that??????

Merchant
11-10-2010, 10:53 AM
LOL well Gruden was right.. How many times did Ben shake off two-three guys and make a play downfield? Sometimes I find myself yelling "throw it awayy!!" but then he has one of those Ben moments and im like "...don't throw it awayy!!"