PDA

View Full Version : This is odd.........

stillers4me
11-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Three Steelers suffered concussions in last nights game, and I don't recall even one flag being thrown for those hits....... :noidea:

Was there???

tube517
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Harrison will get fined for his own teammates getting concussions.

Three Steelers suffered concussions in last nights game, and I don't recall even one flag being thrown for those hits....... :noidea:

Was there???

SteelerSal
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I know Redman knocked himself out trying to make a tackleon the interception play...Who else? Is it posted elsewhere?

**Edit--Never mind I found it..Will Allen and MEMO are the others.

stillers4me
11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I know Redman knocked himself out trying to make a tackleon the interception play...Who else? Is it posted elsewhere?

Will Allen, Mewelde Moore, and Isaac Redman
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/4053-Injury-list-grows-this-week

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2010, 06:29 PM
The others were Will Allen and MeMo. Not sure how either one got hurt but Allen most likely did it to himself also.

stillers4me
11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, Harrison will just have to cough up a little more money!! These devastating injuries have to stop and someone has to pay!! :old:

Steeltreal
11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks like rookie RB Jon Dwyer might dress vs the Pats if they fail their test. Question is will he be allowed to spell Mendenhall, or will Arians go 5 wide all day?

Galax Steeler
11-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Looks like rookie RB Jon Dwyer might dress vs the Pats if they fail their test. Question is will he be allowed to spell Mendenhall, or will Arians go 5 wide all day?

I would love to see Dwyer dress this week so we can see what he has. The only thing is if Memo can't go then there will go our screen plays he was always dangerous in these situations.

NCSteeler
11-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Sorry, I don't see MEMO being a huge loss other than he's a smart veteran player. I would have rather seen Mendy spelled by redman more than the other. Memo was great the last 2 years when we really needed someone to step up he did great, this year he looks slow and old. BUT you can count on him to be where he's supposed to be and not be reckless.

Chidi29
11-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Not sure exactly when Moore got hurt. Might have been early in the game when he took a shoulder to the helmet on a legal play since he was a ball carrier, and he just wound up trying to play through it.

Allen got hurt in the second half attempting to make a tackle on special teams.

Concussion =/= illegal hit

Chidi29
11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Sorry, I don't see MEMO being a huge loss other than he's a smart veteran player. I would have rather seen Mendy spelled by redman more than the other. Memo was great the last 2 years when we really needed someone to step up he did great, this year he looks slow and old. BUT you can count on him to be where he's supposed to be and not be reckless.

Pass protection could be an issue though. If both Redman and Moore can't go, we're in a bit of a tight spot. Mendenhall is a great pass blocker, but he's not going to have a chance to get a breather like we've been trying to do the past couple weeks.

LLT
11-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Pass protection could be an issue though. If both Redman and Moore can't go, we're in a bit of a tight spot. Mendenhall is a great pass blocker, but he's not going to have a chance to get a breather like we've been trying to do the past couple weeks.

Great point.

I know that Mendy played alot of third down ball last year....but I'm wondering if Dwyer doesnt step in as the third down back. They didnt throw to him much in college...but he showed that he had good hands in the preseason.

SteelMember
11-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Great point.

I know that Mendy played alot of third down ball last year....but I'm wondering if Dwyer doesnt step in as the third down back. They didnt throw to him much in college...but he showed that he had good hands in the preseason.

To be honest, they didn't/don't throw to anyone much on that team. GT plays a triple option under Paul Johnson, so there's usually only one WR on the field most times.

So that being said, Dwyer is used to getting the ball in the air... just not in a screen type sense. It's the blocking/blitz pickups he'll have the biggest problems with.

Chidi29
11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
To be honest, they didn't/don't throw to anyone much on that team. GT plays a triple option under Paul Johnson, so there's usually only one WR on the field most times.

So that being said, Dwyer is used to getting the ball in the air... just not in a screen type sense. It's the blocking/blitz pickups he'll have the biggest problems with.

This. One of the biggest hurdles rookie running backs face is blitz pickup. When you combine that with playing in an offense that asks its back to do very little of that, and I could only see Dwyer playing on 1st and 2nd downs and us keeping an extra TE in those situations. In our power, 2 TE sets we'll run.

Looking at the glass half full, I would be surprised to see both Moore and Redman out. I'm just speculating based off how the hits looked, but Moore will play and Redman will sit this one out.