PDA

View Full Version : The Official Jeff Reed Bashing Thread

Merchant
11-08-2010, 11:43 PM
ANOTHER missed clutch field goal?? What was that stat I read.. he has the lowest success percentage in the league this year? Come on now Skippy. I've backed him up all season, but this was unacceptable. 46 yards is a tough kick yes, but it's a kick you HAVE to make. He had the chance to ice the game and the expression on Ben's face said it all.

Don't even get me started about his kickoffs.

Thoughts?

tube517
11-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Where's the towel dispenser ? :frusty:

zulater
11-08-2010, 11:46 PM
He needs to be a lot better in the second half of the season or his Steeler career will end when it's over.

polamalubeast
11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Jeff Reed=4 000 000$?????.....NO!

CanadianSteel
11-08-2010, 11:48 PM
I am not a huge Skipster supporter lately, but he did out kick the other guy in his home stadium....

He needs to nut up and start making some clutch kicks.... but the 53 yarder was nice.

I am morte concerned with his kick-offs...

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm done with him. No, I'm not blaming this game on him. It's his 70% success rating on FGs and kickoffs to the 10-15 yard line that get me. Thanks for the good years Skippy but I'm hoping that this is your last year in Da Burgh.

X-Terminator
11-08-2010, 11:49 PM
He hasn't earned his money, that's for sure. The way he's going, he may be out of a job entirely after this season.

BuddhaBus
11-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I hope Piotr Czech is on speed-dial. In his defense, though, he did nail a beautiful 53 yard FG. His inconsistency is worrisome though.

Wallace108
11-08-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm frustrated with Reed, but I'm also frustrated that we played for the field goal. And no, this isn't an anti-Arians rant. I thought he called a good game. But I NEVER feel comfortable putting the game in the hands (er, foot) of the kicker, especially when you need them to make a long kick. A 46-yard field goal isn't exactly a chip shot. They should have actually TRIED to get the first down instead of playing for the field goal. This team has no killer instinct.

Merchant
11-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm frustrated with Reed, but I'm also frustrated that we played for the field goal. And no, this isn't an anti-Arians rant. I thought he called a good game. But I NEVER feel comfortable putting the game in the hands (er, foot) of the kicker, especially when you need them to make a long kick. A 46-yard field goal isn't exactly a chip shot. They should have actually TRIED to get the first down instead of playing for the field goal. This team has no killer instinct.

They were in range and trying to milk the clock as well. Running the ball was the right call in that situation I thought. Bengals were bringing the blitz so if a Pass would have been called Ben could've been sacked, thrown an incomplete pass to stop the clock, or even worse - thrown a pick.

zulater
11-08-2010, 11:56 PM

I don't think they were trying not to get the first down. There were two teams out there,the Bengals defense had a say too. They got him as far as they should have needed to. An NFL kicker needs to make that kick if he wants to continue to be an NFL kicker.

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
They were in range and trying to milk the clock as well. Running the ball was the right call in that situation I thought. Bengals were bringing the blitz so if a Pass would have been called Ben could've been sacked, thrown an incomplete pass to stop the clock, or even worse - thrown a pick.

And actually the 3rd down play was a good call. There was a big hole but Legursky whiffed on his block and the guy stopped Mendy. If Legursky makes that block, it's an easy first down.

oneforthetoe
11-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I said it in the other thread - "Jeff, I have defended you in the past, and yes, you made the 53 yard-er, but you are just too inconsistent to count on after this season."

Wallace108
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I don't think they were trying not to get the first down. There were two teams out there,the Bengals defense had a say too. They got him as far as they should have needed to. An NFL kicker needs to make that kick if he wants to continue to be an NFL kicker.

The Bengals were playing the run, and we ran three straight times. I'd say that's playing for the field goal. :noidea:

And I'm not excusing Reed. He's missed way too many lately. Which is a good reason to NOT put him in the position of trying to ice the game with a long field goal.

fansince'76
11-09-2010, 01:02 AM
The Bengals were playing the run, and we ran three straight times. I'd say that's playing for the field goal. :noidea:

And I'm not excusing Reed. He's missed way too many lately. Which is a good reason to NOT put him in the position of trying to ice the game with a long field goal.

But if we throw on 3rd down and it's incomplete, we still get no additional yardage and we essentially give the Bengals a free timeout.

zulater
11-09-2010, 01:05 AM
I had no problem with the last drive up until Reed's miss. Bottom line if you're an NFL kicker you have to make that kick.

Edman
11-09-2010, 02:47 AM
I lost patience with the dude weeks ago.

He sucks now. He had it and now he lost it.

So long Skippy, thanks for your hard work, but it's time you went elsewhere.

Galax Steeler
11-09-2010, 03:42 AM
I don't know what it is with him he is usually Mr. Clutch but here lately he is not living up to what he should be able to do and this could really hurt us in the post season if we make it.

SirHulka
11-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Personally, I think you should sign him to a long-term deal.

I love him.

Galax Steeler
11-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Personally, I think you should sign him to a long-term deal.

I love him.

I would say he is your favorite player right now.lol

Austin87
11-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Reed needs to improve if wants to get paid. He's just not good enough at the moment.

BnG_Hevn
11-09-2010, 04:20 AM
He is probably following Janikowski's lead. Janikowski gets paid his boatload of mula and misses field goals that would win the game from within the 36 yard line.

SirHulka
11-09-2010, 04:56 AM
I would say he is your favorite player right now.lol

One of them. I also love Carson Palmer. And Lewis should get a 20 year extension as the Bungles coach.

HometownGal
11-09-2010, 05:30 AM
As much as I absolutely adore Skippy, he's not producing like a PK who deserves a big raise next season. If he continues with this inconsistency, he needs to go. Period.

SirHulka
11-09-2010, 06:04 AM
no no no. it's just a temporary thingy. All those short KO's? Don't worry about it. Sign him up long-term, and he'll do MUCH better. Trust me.:chuckle:

stlrtruck
11-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Skippy has been money for us, but last year and even this year he has missed golden opportunities to seal the game. I see some competition coming in the off-season.

SteelerSal
11-09-2010, 06:41 AM
He's kicking with the same inconsistancy as Gerela out there. :lol:

BPS3akaWirels3
11-09-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm officially done with the lazy leg. FIRE him!!

Texasteel
11-09-2010, 06:48 AM
And actually the 3rd down play was a good call. There was a big hole but Legursky whiffed on his block and the guy stopped Mendy. If Legursky makes that block, it's an easy first down.

That is what I saw myself. You could really see how open that play was from the back side. Legursky makes that block and Mendy may have scored. I thought it was a great call fouled up by one missed block.

SteelerFanInStl
11-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Wow! I just looked at Reeds stats. Did you know that he's 0 for 4 this year from 40 - 49 yards? That's simply inexcusable.

SirHulka
11-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Great guy. You need to keep him.

pepsyman1
11-09-2010, 09:22 AM
As much as I absolutely adore Skippy, he's not producing like a PK who deserves a big raise next season. If he continues with this inconsistency, he needs to go. Period.

If HTG is ready to send him packing he really has worn out his welcome! If I see another kickoff fall at the 15 yard line I'm gonna scream.

SteelMember
11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
http://nicepickcowher.com/files/2009/09/jeff-reed_paper_towel_rage_roid_dispenser_kick_kicker_s teelers-610x457.jpg

steeldevil
11-09-2010, 09:34 AM
He has 8 games to prove he still has it and still wants to be here. Unless of course we make a move in season, which I personally would not like...

Steel12
11-09-2010, 10:59 AM
He's equal to Randle El returning kicks...you close your eyes and hopes he makes the kick just like you close your eyes and hope ARE catches the ball.

fansince'76
11-09-2010, 11:02 AM
http://nicepickcowher.com/files/2009/09/jeff-reed_paper_towel_rage_roid_dispenser_kick_kicker_s teelers-610x457.jpg

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

salamander
11-09-2010, 11:43 AM
So who're the good kickers in the upcoming draft? :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
11-09-2010, 05:04 PM
He sure isn't fighting for that extension right now. Ok so he hit a 53 yarder. That's one kick. He's pretty mediocre this season.

He lost us the Ravens game, had multiple attempts to put the Falcons game in regulation, and could've put the Bengals game out of reach. Fail, fail, fail. He just isn't on the money when it matters most (so far) this season. Sign his ass anyways lol, i don't think anyone out there right now is better.

Merchant
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM

-loses it-

Carolina Steelers
11-09-2010, 05:48 PM
He has 8 games to prove he still has it and still wants to be here. Unless of course we make a move in season, which I personally would not like...

I agree hes got 8 games left plus playoffs (hopefully), to prove he can get it done. He will have chances to come through in these last 8 games

HometownGal
11-09-2010, 06:51 PM
He lost us the Ravens game, had multiple attempts to put the Falcons game in regulation, and could've put the Bengals game out of reach.

Reed did NOT lose us the Ravens game and his missed kicks in both the Falcs and Bungles games weren't the main reason why the Steelers came dangerously close to losing both of those games. In all 3 matchups, it was the Steelers D going soft, as usual, in the second half (and particularly the 4Q) that had the impact. In the Rats game, the Steelers D gave up a TD to TJ IBoinkedChadsMama with 36 seconds left in the game. In the Falcs game, the Steelers D gave up a FG with a little over 5 minutes remaining (Reed made 3/5 FG attempts in that game and was responsible for 9 of the 15 points the Steelers scored). In last night's game, the Steelers D once again shit the bed in the 4Q, giving up TWO TD's to the Bungles and came within a hair of the Bungles getting into the EZ for the game winner. I'm not defending Skippy here, as I can plainly see he is having issues this season, but me thinks you need to do your homework a little better. :drink:

Godfather
11-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Reed cost us two games last year and we missed the playoffs by one. This year he missed a kick against the Ratbirds and we lost by three, and he missed last night with the game on the line but the defense bailed him out.

There are plenty of good kickers out there who can be had for less than what Reed is making. Colt David is available, and as a bonus he can run the ball.

Delraich
11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I've been one of Reeds biggest defenders but he's just not getting the job done. Like Parker I thank him for some great moments and believe he's done a lot to help us win but it's time to find his replacement.

steelreserve
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM
One more reason why we should've traded up to get Ndamukong Suh.

GBMelBlount
11-09-2010, 11:17 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say his problem is "mental". Great players have slumps.

He needs to get focused and back on track. If not, get rid of him.

He is 100% capable and has many good years ahead of him if he can get his head straightened out.