PDA

View Full Version : William Gay

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Ok, let's just come out with it:

http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/images/bill-murray-you-suck.jpg

(Thanks for the blocked punt and 2 pressures on your blitzes though)
-But seriously, as a pure cover corner....bleh!

RushHard34
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Hes an extremely good blitzing corner...covering, not the greatest

steeldevil
11-08-2010, 11:03 PM
We all know Gay is not a great cover corner. I dont know who the hells idea it was to put Gay on TO multiple times but that is not a recipe for success...

JayC
11-08-2010, 11:05 PM
at the moment, the top of my off season list would be finding a replacement for william gay early in the draft.

he sucks, always has. like the thread starter stated, thanks for the blocked punt and decent qb pressures but when you suck at your position you need replaced.

Merchant
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
He had a bad game, I thought he well played well the rest of the season. Even Troy had a bad game in New Orleans. I'm more critical of McFadden.. he had a BRUTAL game. T.O. abused him.

HollywoodSteel
11-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I was hoping Butler would be his replacement. And what ever happened to Lewis? Did we cut him or keep him?

RushHard34
11-08-2010, 11:08 PM
at the moment, the top of my off season list would be finding a replacement for william gay early in the draft.

he sucks, always has. like the thread starter stated, thanks for the blocked punt and decent qb pressures but when you suck at your position you need replaced.

I think we already have one...Crezdon Butler. Just give the kid another off-season with the system. Lewis, i've seen enough of nothing from him.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I was hoping Butler would be his replacement. And what ever happened to Lewis? Did we cut him or keep him?

I think that Lewis can now safely be labeled a bust. If he still can't get on the field with this group of CBs then he's not worth the roster spot.

Butler is another late round pick so I'm not counting on him to be any better than McFadden. I'd love for him to surprise me but I'm not holding my breath. We need a CB early in the draft next year.

steelpride12
11-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Ehh I think the Steelers stuck with him thinking that Lewis would be someone to replace him down the road which will not be happening any time soon. Surely the Steelers will focus on the secondary in upcoming drafts.

Steeldude
11-08-2010, 11:36 PM
he's no worse than mcfadden.

Steeldude
11-08-2010, 11:39 PM
We all know Gay is not a great cover corner. I dont know who the hells idea it was to put Gay on TO multiple times but that is not a recipe for success...

neither is putting mcfadden(2009's 2nd most burned CB in the NFL) on owens.

Galax Steeler
11-09-2010, 04:14 AM

http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ras-i-dowling-1.bmp

Here is your answer Ras-I Dowling

venom
11-09-2010, 06:05 AM
Gay always has a front row seat on a big play .

Chidi29
11-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Owens would be a problem for anyone. McFadden was the guy who got beat on the long TD T.O. had.

Gay was one-on-one with Owens on the first TD after Troy went after Ocho on a streak. Left the middle of the field wide open for Owens who put on a nice double-move and got free.

Gay is a solid tackler who can play the run well. In this scheme, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Steel12
11-09-2010, 10:24 AM
How many times does he have to get burned before we try somebody else?