PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Bungles - Who Gets Your Game Ball/Game Goat?

HometownGal
11-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Even though we managed not to lose this game tonight, I still feel the need to award game balls/game goats.

My game balls go to Coach Arians and Randle El for obvious reasons. I feel BA called one helluva good game and that pass by El to Wallace was outstanding! :applaudit: I also have to give an honorable mention to the Steelers OL who, with all of the injuries, did a pretty good job. :thumbsup:

My game goat goes to Coach Lebeau. It's about time he takes some of the heat - this game NEVER should have gone down to the final seconds when they had a damned 20 point lead!!!! His 4Q schemes suck. :mad:

Bluecoat96
11-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I'd say Pouncey....for being an all around bad-ass and getting back in the game. 21 years old and already a leader on the team.

fansince'76
11-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Mendy. He came up big in the end. Not his fault Reed missed it.

Goat: The secondary in the 4th quarter.

JayC
11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Ball - Harrison. he saved us with the play at the end of the game.
Goat - Lebeau. his 10 yard cushions don't work when other teams need to catch up fast. why don't we ever change anything?

all that matters is the W. such a relief.

Texasteel
11-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I think BA called a good game as well, but I'm going with Wallace. He showed good hands and should have had another TD if the ball was not short.

psusteelerspens4life
Mendy and Farrior with the gameball, goat the secondary

HollywoodSteel
The Silverback. They told him to play a whole different kind of game and he still played his game. Iced it at the end to for the win.

tube517
Game ball to Wallace and Mendenhall

Delraich
My game ball goes to the special teams unit who basically gave us 10 early points. Game goat goes to Gay for sucking all game.

polamalubeast
Game Ball:Mendenhall,Wallace and the defense is the first 3 quarter

Goat:4th quarter is sucks:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

kmsteelerwr15
11-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Mendy and Silverback

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I have no idea why Randle El would get a gameball for one play.

Wallace gets my gameball for his 5 catches for 110 yards and a TD. It's about time we saw him with a variety catches from all over the field. That's what I'm talkin' about. Now all he has to do is do it consistently! Ike gets a big share of the gameball too for shutting Ocho down with 1 catch, which came way late on the last drive of the game. Nice job! Ben, not bad, but that interception really clogged our arteries in the 2nd half.

Really want to give my game goat to Gay for all the plays he gave up, but he had that lovely blocked punt and 2 great pressures/hits on Palmer to create incompletions, so I'll give it over to....the 2ndary minus Troy and Ike.

steelerdude15
11-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Mendy.

HometownGal
11-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I have no idea why Randle El would get a gameball for one play.

His TD pass to Wallace added up to 6 points and it was a great play imho.

Wallace gets a game ball, too - forgot to mention him.

Wallace108
11-08-2010, 10:58 PM
I'd say Pouncey....for being an all around bad-ass and getting back in the game. 21 years old and already a leader on the team.

Yeah, mad props to Pouncey.
But my game ball goes to Wallace. He made a nice adjustment on ARE's poorly thrown pass for the TD and would have had another TD if Ben had put a little more on the throw.

Craic
11-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Ball: Ben. He played SMART tonight. Called run plays at the line when the defense mandated it. Just a good game from him.

Ball2: Wallace. He had what, 2 TD catches again tonight?

Goat: Lebeau. you had a HOW MANY point lead??? and it was almost blown?

Ball-> Goat: Gay. Started off the game playing VERY well. Finished well... beat like a rented mule.

Butch
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Game ball Rush Hard Menden Haul and Pouncey coming back gutsie kid!!!

Goat Heath Miller he had a couple look out blocks. (the ones where the blocker yells Look Out!!! to the QB when he wiffs on a block)

stillers4me
11-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Harrison played lights out.........and hopefully gets a whole game check this week!! This was a team win....the offense held it together despite injuries, Pouncy came back and played hurt, the defense came through in the end. Reed missed one but hit a long one, so he gets partial credit.

El Yeah!!!

GoSlash27
11-08-2010, 11:05 PM
My game ball goes to Chad Ochocinco. Nothing like having to put up with a primadonna asshole to take the wind out of your sails.

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I think Mike Nugent needs some love!!! Thanks for kicking like a 12 year old girl!

zulater
11-08-2010, 11:10 PM
We escaped with one. Who had a good game, game ball worthy? I guess Wallace, maybe Rashard. Defense Timmons brought it all game long. Overall I thought the defense played well. I thought the offense had a nice statement drive after the Bengals made it a 6 point game, but Reed couldn't finish. Which gets me to my goat, Jeff Reed. Yeah i know he made the long one at the end of the half, but where the game was at the time the pressure wasn't really there. But basically a 46 yarder at the end seals it. And again he choked. It's getting harder and harder to envision Reed on this team next year.

memphissteelergirl
11-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Game ball to Mendy and Wallace
Honorable mention to Big Ben for throwing the key block on that Randle El to Wallace TD, and to Reed for the 53 yard FG (but why he could not hit the 46 yard one is BEYOND me)

Game goat to the secondary....stop playing so frikken far off the ball already!! Geez!!

Merchant
11-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Why are people gettin' all over LeBeau? He FINALLY brought pressure all 4th quarter which is what you all have been ASKING FOR. There was no rush three, prevent defense. 4th quarter touchdowns.. On the first Owens one Palmer was a nanosecond away from getting sacked and McFadden simply got burned by T.O. - is that LeBeau's fault? No. Leading up to the 2nd TD by Benson.. Ben throws an awful pick. THREE consecutive 15+ yard penalties ensued. Bengals got the ball on the 1 yard line and punched it in - is that LeBeau's fault too? Reed misses the FG to ice it - is that LeBeau's fault? Then when it mattered, 4th and 5, LeBeau's defense came through. Harrison was put in excellent position to knock the ball loose from Shipley.

LeBeau called a great game. Arians did too.

My 2 cents.

SteelerFanInStl
Game Ball: Mendy and Wallace. both had great games
Goat: the defensive secondary. letting Palmer pick them apart in the 4th quarter was just embarrassing

Edman
I've never been any more disappointed in a Steelers win in my life.

We won, but I'm still very disappointed in this team. This is just not acceptable at all. Ben gets the game goat. He was subpar all night, and once again, creates a killer turnover that almost lead to a team collapse. Party Boy has been mediocre all season. Others may not see it, but I do.

Jeff Reed. Adios. Go punch towel dispensers somewhere else.

Game balls...I guess Wallace gets one? Timmons?

The signs are pointing at another 2009 epic collapse. With an Angry Pats team coming to town next week, I do not like where this team is going. Next to nothing has improved over last year's bust.

CanadianSteel
Game balls to Pouncey for sucking it up..... Leggersky for filling in and having some nice plays...Farior for turning back time...and special teams...( i expect good games out of the regular cast).

Goats - How about the friggin Refs.... Whats the hell was that call on Big snack, and alos the PI flag on Ike versus TO - did thta come from the back judge ????
Also saw lotsa holding against timmons Woodley and Silverback but I am kinda used to that for some strange reason..

steelpride12
11-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Wallace if any one deserves a game ball. Mendy honorable mention.

zulater
11-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Game balls to Pouncey for sucking it up..... Leggersky for filling in and having some nice plays...Farior for turning back time...and special teams...( i expect good games out of the regular cast).

Goats - How about the friggin Refs.... Whats the hell was that call on Big snack, and alos the PI flag on Ike versus TO - did thta come from the back judge ????Also saw lotsa holding against timmons Woodley and Silverback but I am kinda used to that for some strange reason..

Those two penalties were ridiculous. I hate when refs allow themselves to be talked into a call, which was clealy the case with the PI call against Ike. Terrible calls, the both of them.

BlastFurnace
11-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Game Ball: Wallace
Game Goat: LeBeau and the entire defense.

zulater
11-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Game Ball: Wallace
Game Goat: LeBeau and the entire defense.

Why? They made the stop they most needed to. The refs made a couple poor calls that greatly aided the last Bengal TD. Two TD's came loff turnovers.

X-Terminator
11-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Wallace - great game. Gets my game ball.

Game goats - Lebeau's defense. People need to STOP making excuses for the constant failures of his defense in the 4th quarter. They are NOT getting the job done, period. The guy is not God - he can be criticized.

Jeff Reed. What the HELL is up with him this season????

zulater
11-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Wallace - great game. Gets my game ball.

Game goats - Lebeau's defense. People need to STOP making excuses for the constant failures of his defense in the 4th quarter. They are NOT getting the job done, period. The guy is not God - he can be criticized.

Jeff Reed. What the HELL is up with him this season????

The defense made the stop at the end, so they didn't fail. Also you need to consider the last touchdown was greatly aided by some bullshit penalties, I didn't think you were supposed to be able to beg for a flag 20 seconds after the play was over and get the call?
Anyway bottom line the Bengals scored 14 points off turnovers. The defense did what they had to do when they had to do it. Yeah it was scary, but they made the play at the end and we won.

Merchant
11-08-2010, 11:52 PM
More LeBeau bashing.. Criticism is okay, but can you at least be constructive. I wanna know what exactly LeBeau could have done better tonight?

BlastFurnace
11-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Why? They made the stop they most needed to. The refs made a couple poor calls that greatly aided the last Bengal TD. Two TD's came loff turnovers.

Because the defense can't stop anyone when given a lead. They get a sizable lead and the defense lets the other team right back into the game. Happens nearly every single week.

Edman
11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah, don't make excuses for the D's 4th quarter collapses. We know they suck in the 4th.

Maybe we should stop, you know... relying on them and having our "Superstar QB" and his myriad of "weapons" go cold in the 4th quarter at the same time. Our "Slam Dunk" QB cannot sustain crtical drives to put teams away. Tossing a lame duck that gave the Bengals new life. Randle El had to put the Bengals in a hole, not our Great franchise "QB".

Manning and Brady don't sit on the ball and have the D win games for them. They take games over and put teams away.

The whole team sucks in the 4th quarter. Period.

X-Terminator
11-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah, don't make excuses for the D's 4th quarter collapses. We know they suck in the 4th.

Maybe we should stop, you know... relying on them and having our "Superstar QB" and his myriad of "weapons" go cold in the 4th quarter at the same time. Our "Slam Dunk" QB cannot sustain crtical drives to put teams away. Tossing a lame duck that gave the Bengals new life.

That "superstar" QB and his myriad of "weapons" gave that defense a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter. And what happened on the very next drive? The defense allowed the Bungles to march right down the field and score. THAT is what gave the Bengals new life.

You can keep blaming the offense if you want, but at SOME point, the defense needs to start taking more heat for their 4th quarter woes. And yes, that includes "God" Lebeau.

zulater
11-09-2010, 12:06 AM

Maybe we should stop, you know... relying on them and having our "Superstar QB" and his myriad of "weapons" go cold in the 4th quarter at the same time. Our "Slam Dunk" QB cannot sustain crtical drives to put teams away. Tossing a lame duck that gave the Bengals new life.

Ben made two bad throws and 3 bad plays total for the game to the best of my memory. and the interception was the only real killer. All things considered i thought he played a decent road game and made a number of plays that helped us get the win.

fansince'76
11-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I think we can at least be happy with what Everest has done with the STs. GIGANTIC improvement over last season.

X-Terminator
11-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I think we can at least be happy with what Everest has done with the STs. GIGANTIC improvement over last season.

No question about that. He's turning out to be a good hire. Let's hope they keep improving, because they did give up another long return tonight.

fansince'76
11-09-2010, 12:17 AM
No question about that. He's turning out to be a good hire. Let's hope they keep improving, because they did give up another long return tonight.

Yeah, on a line drive by Reed to about the 15. Gotta blame the kick more than the coverage on that one.

Merchant
11-09-2010, 12:17 AM

I couldn't believe my eyes when we got that blocked punt. We NEVER get a blocked punt lol.

zulater
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
If we lost Hines Ward would have been my goat. He dropped what should have been a td on our second possession, and he fumbled the Bengals into their first score. -11 point swing right there.

Edman
11-09-2010, 12:24 AM
That "superstar" QB and his myriad of "weapons" gave that defense a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter. And what happened on the very next drive? The defense allowed the Bungles to march right down the field and score. THAT is what gave the Bengals new life.

You can keep blaming the offense if you want, but at SOME point, the defense needs to start taking more heat for their 4th quarter woes. And yes, that includes "God" Lebeau.

The D takes enough heat already for 4th Quarter woes. It's a team game. The whole TEAM dies in the fourth quarter. As far as Lebeau, he's certainly not a god, and I don't like his passive schemes.

It shouldn't be that point where we have to rely on the D to save us, especially when they have proven that they aren't up to the task. It would've made sense if you had a mediocre QB back there, but this is Ben Roethlisberger, our favorite "son", our "champion" QB, our "elite QB". You've read the stories about how "This ain't your fathers' Steelers", well they aren't, they're built to light up the scoreboard. He sucked up the place tonight. When the Steelers D let the Bungs march down the field, the Offense could've you know, scored again to seize back momentum, what does our "Elite" QB do? Throws a godawful pass to give the Bengals even more momentum.

Last week in New Orleans, the D holds a high powered Offense down, gets the ball back for our "Elite" QB, what do they do? Fumble the ball right back, giving the Saints loads of momentum and puts us down for good. The next drive, our "Great" QB throws an interception. Our "talented" O scored 10 total points against a depleted Saints D. But nope, it's the Defense's fault.

X-Terminator
11-09-2010, 12:32 AM
The D takes enough heat already for 4th Quarter woes. It's a team game. The whole TEAM dies in the fourth quarter. As far as Lebeau, he's certainly not a god, and I don't like his passive schemes.

It shouldn't be that point where we have to rely on the D to save us, especially when they have proven that they aren't up to the task. It would've made sense if you had a mediocre QB back there, but this is Ben Roethlisberger, our favorite "son", our "champion" QB, our "elite QB". You've read the stories about how "This ain't your fathers' Steelers", well they aren't, they're built to light up the scoreboard. He sucked up the place tonight. When the Steelers D let the Bungs march down the field, the Offense could've you know, scored again to seize back momentum, what does our "Elite" QB do? Throws a godawful pass to give the Bengals even more momentum.

Last week in New Orleans, the D holds a high powered Offense down, gets the ball back for our "Elite" QB, what do they do? Fumble the ball right back, giving the Saints loads of momentum and puts us down for good. The next drive, our "Great" QB throws an interception.

Somewhere along the line, the Offense has to take command of a game and put teams away. No False Starts, game-shifting interceptions, or three-and-outs.

So you are actually blaming this almost-loss on the offense. OK.

Did it ever occur to you that this is only Ben's FOURTH GAME of the season after sitting out over a month on suspension? He can have all of his little "side practices" all he wants to, it is NOT the same thing as playing actual games. His timing clearly is not there yet, and it's going to take another game or 2 before he finally does play to the elite level we want to see.

Again, the offense gave the team a TWENTY-POINT lead. They also put the team in position to extend their lead after the Bungles cut it to 6, the possession AFTER Ben threw the pick, when they marched right down the field by running the football. Exactly what you want your offense to do. Is it their fault Reed missed the FG?

It's time to stop putting the woes of the defense at the feet of the offense. They did their job tonight scoring 27 points that could have been 30 had Reed made the FG. More than enough points to win. It was a nailbiter because the defense choked again. Period.

Mach1
11-09-2010, 12:33 AM
My game ball goes to the bungholes kicker. If he made those two it would have been 27-27.

fansince'76
11-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Did it ever occur to you that this is only Ben's FOURTH GAME of the season after sitting out over a month on suspension? He can have all of his little "side practices" all he wants to, it is NOT the same thing as playing actual games. His timing clearly is not there yet, and it's going to take another game or 2 before he finally does play to the elite level we want to see.

Not to mention Wallace dropping what would have been a drive-extending catch and Ward not holding onto a sure TD catch forcing us to kick a FG instead. I thought Ben played well, by and large.

X-Terminator
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Not to mention Wallace dropping what would have been a drive-extending catch and Ward not holding onto a sure TD catch forcing us to kick a FG instead. I thought Ben played well, by and large.

Exactly.

But nah...Ben sucks, it's all the offense's fault because they didn't score 40, and the defense deserves no flak at all.

oneforthetoe
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Even though we managed not to lose this game tonight, I still feel the need to award game balls/game goats.

My game balls go to Coach Arians and Randle El for obvious reasons. I feel BA called one helluva good game and that pass by El to Wallace was outstanding! :applaudit: I also have to give an honorable mention to the Steelers OL who, with all of the injuries, did a pretty good job. :thumbsup:

My game goat goes to Coach Lebeau. It's about time he takes some of the heat - this game NEVER should have gone down to the final seconds when they had a damned 20 point lead!!!! His 4Q schemes suck. :mad:

I usually don't disagree with you much, HTG, but how is it Lebeau's fault that William Gay couldn't cover my grandmother running in six inch heels? I'm sorry, it's not fair to blame BA when the o'line implodes like in the Saints game, and it is not fair to blame Lebeau for the brain farts of some of our defensive guys. You can't un-scapegoat BA by scapegoating Lebeau. As was mentioned earlier, Lebeau brought the heat the entire game. I don't know what scheme of his "sucked." He can't call a play that says, "Gay please cover your man" any more than BA can call a play that says, "offensive line block the guy in front of you." Players have to execute, period. Personally, I thought this was a well called game all around.

zulater
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM

Yeah, way more good than bad.

Devilsdancefloor
11-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Ball - Mendy

Goat - Gay WTF he looked good for the 1st quarter, then just um well played like gay... part Coach dad ( i love the man, but something has to give) needs to keep the foot on the throat of the opponents well

Edman
11-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Wether we agree to disagree, Let's all admit that this team has a laundry list of problems. On Offense AND Defense.

Galax Steeler
11-09-2010, 03:27 AM
I have to give it to Mendenhall and Wallace they played a good game.

Austin87
11-09-2010, 04:08 AM
Gameball goes to Mendenhall.

Goat goes to Reed and Gay.

HometownGal
11-09-2010, 05:49 AM
I usually don't disagree with you much, HTG, but how is it Lebeau's fault that William Gay couldn't cover my grandmother running in six inch heels? I'm sorry, it's not fair to blame BA when the o'line implodes like in the Saints game, and it is not fair to blame Lebeau for the brain farts of some of our defensive guys. You can't un-scapegoat BA by scapegoating Lebeau. As was mentioned earlier, Lebeau brought the heat the entire game. I don't know what scheme of his "sucked." He can't call a play that says, "Gay please cover your man" any more than BA can call a play that says, "offensive line block the guy in front of you." Players have to execute, period. Personally, I thought this was a well called game all around.

I am NOT scapegoating Coach Lebeau - I'm simply calling it as I see it and have seen it going back to last season. Some Steelers fans want to give Lebeau a free pass simply because he's a HOF'er and a legend here in the Burgh, but he's not getting a free pass from me. While some of the D's woes in the 4Q can be attributed to lack of player execution, he has consistently (again - going back to last season) gone soft in the 4Q when the O has obtained leads and as it cost us games last season, it came within a gnat's eyelash of costing us the game last night. Yes - I know the D came through in the waning seconds of the game and I'm grateful for that, but it still doesn't excuse their habitual lackluster play in the second halves (most notably the 4Qs). Hell - if you take a look back at Weeks 1 & 2, the D came close to blowing those games too.

Coach T sums it up best . . . .

"(We) get to get out of here with a win. You like to learn when you win. We've seen that horror flick before. I liked this ending better."

venom
11-09-2010, 05:52 AM
My game ball goes to the Bullet Mike Wallace . Great game for him !

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1108/nfl_a_wallace01_576.jpg

stlrtruck
11-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Game ball: Mendy, Ben, O-line, Wallace

Game goat: LeBeau, Secondary, Skippy

SteelMember
11-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Gotta give it to Wallace. He made the big plays that helped put the points on the board.

Big props to Pouncey for taking the needle and geting back out there. The kid is amazing.

VTsteel
11-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Mendenhall gets my gameball.

No goat - we won!

LLT
11-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Game Ball goes to Mendy...he sacres the hell out of me on some of the cut backs, but 120 total yards from scrimmage and a 4.5 ypc average is a good night.

Game Goat goes to Gay/McFadden...they are the weak link in this defense. Palmer played on their inabilities all night long.

Raleigh Steel
11-09-2010, 08:07 AM
balls: mendenhall, wallace, linebackers (got great pressure, and finally got some holding calls)
goats: BRYANT MCFADDEN! this guy flat out sucks. gay played great on special teams and brought great pressure, but is a huge liability in coverage. jeff reed...mr. automatic needs to be shot with a semi-automatic :jawdrop2:

Arkiesteel
11-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Damn we win a game playing one of our most hated foes and we lash out at our team like they didnt get the job done. We played a great game and had a few mistakes that let a crushed team back in it. Over all I thought all three parts of our team came together for a pretty good win. Can we get better you bet we can, but to blame the D or blame this or blame that makes me sick. The only thing I wish is that when we had the ball with 4 and 1 on the other side of the 50 is that we would go for it instead of punting. But I like this win is shows that this team has the guts to hang on in a close one. Bring on the Pats

LLT
11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Damn we win a game playing one of our most hated foes and we lash out at our team like they didnt get the job done. We played a great game and had a few mistakes that let a crushed team back in it. Over all I thought all three parts of our team came together for a pretty good win. Can we get better you bet we can, but to blame the D or blame this or blame that makes me sick. The only thing I wish is that when we had the ball with 4 and 1 on the other side of the 50 is that we would go for it instead of punting. But I like this win is shows that this team has the guts to hang on in a close one. Bring on the Pats

Its all good Arkie...noone is overlooking the win.

The point of this thread (as it is after each game) is to give kudos to some player or players whose play deserves recognition...and to be honest with ourselves in reagrds to a player or players who are not playing up to their potential.

In the end...we all celebrate the win, but there is nothing wrong with a discussion that gives equal time to our teams good/bad moments.

vasteeler
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
game ball- bruce arians,im sure some will disagree but i thought he called a great game
honorable mention big ben i loved how he recognized the blitz and changed the play to exploit it

Arkiesteel
11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
I might have over reacted with my post. Hell ESPN needed their ratings and if we had scored two more times and held the bungels to 7 most non Steelers fans would have gone to bed..........LOL

SteelGhost
11-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Game ball to James Harrison, he played out of his mind without getting fined.

Goat(s) .... BMac and Gay ....yes...Coach LeBeau for his "prevent" 4th quarter defense.

GodfatherofSoul
11-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Maybe not goats, but crucial errors:

Legursky whiffing on a block that would have sustained a drive and gotten us a much closer field goal attempt, at least
Hines fumbling
Reed missing the FG
Gay getting toasted (in McFadden's defense he was going up against inspired WR talent)

Game ball:

Roethlisberger for the Jordanesque switched hands over-the-shoulder lob with a guy all over his back. Ref should've blown the whistle and given him a free throw it was so good.

zulater
11-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Goat(s) .... BMac and Gay ....yes...Coach LeBeau for his "prevent" 4th quarter defense.

They never went prevent defense at any point of the game. The were bringing pressure throughout, it's just Palmer made a few nice plays under pressure for a change.

oneforthetoe
11-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I am NOT scapegoating Coach Lebeau - I'm simply calling it as I see it and have seen it going back to last season. Some Steelers fans want to give Lebeau a free pass simply because he's a HOF'er and a legend here in the Burgh, but he's not getting a free pass from me. While some of the D's woes in the 4Q can be attributed to lack of player execution, he has consistently (again - going back to last season) gone soft in the 4Q when the O has obtained leads and as it cost us games last season, it came within a gnat's eyelash of costing us the game last night. Yes - I know the D came through in the waning seconds of the game and I'm grateful for that, but it still doesn't excuse their habitual lackluster play in the second halves (most notably the 4Qs). Hell - if you take a look back at Weeks 1 & 2, the D came close to blowing those games too.

Coach T sums it up best . . . .

I certainly do not think that Lebeau should be above reproach (and regardless of my comment I am sure you did not intend to scapegoat Lebeau, it just had that feel). Nor, do can I disagree with the premise that fans are more apt to blame BA than coach Lebeau. However, from my point of view, Lebeau did not go soft in the fourth quarter of this game. We were blitzing with regularity. Palmer was not dinking and dunking the ball down the field. This was not a scheme problem. Our corners, save for Ike, were getting their as*es hand to them by that king whopper *ss T.O.

zulater
11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
I certainly do not think that Lebeau should be above reproach (and regardless of my comment I am sure you did not intend to scapegoat Lebeau, it just had that feel). Nor, do can I disagree with the premise that fans are more apt to blame BA than coach Lebeau. However, from my point of view, Lebeau did not go soft in the fourth quarter of this game. We were blitzing with regularity. Palmer was not dinking and dunking the ball down the field. This was not a scheme problem. Our corners, save for Ike, were getting their as*es hand to them by the king whopper *ss T.O.TO.

Yep you said it perfectly, the Steelers never went to a prevent defense last night.

oneforthetoe
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM

We blitzed on almost every down on the last drive -and I'd have to check - but I bet on half the plays on the entire fourth quarter and somebody blames the prevent defense.:frusty:

steel striker
11-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Mendy made plays when it looked like there was nothing there and, come on Reed you got to nail that last kick. He made that 53 yarder but, at least we still got the win. I was thinking before that last play if we lose this game it is going to be a long week.

SteelGhost
11-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok .... I've got it guys ...... my bad, but there were other games (last season and this season) when DL went in prevent mode :noidea:

Psycho Ward 86
11-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok .... I've got it guys ...... my bad, but there were other games (last season and this season) when DL went in prevent mode :noidea:

what are you talking about

ALLD
11-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Have to go with Mendy, but Randle El/60 Minutes a close second. Anything look familar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhPhHtCWV2Y&feature=related

SteelGhost
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
what are you talking about

Some folks here have mentioned in other threads that they not like Coach LeBeau's prevent defense, I don't like it either, that's all.