PDA

View Full Version : Head to head: Steelers ILB Lawrence Timmons vs. Bengals RB Cedric Benson

Galax Steeler
11-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Much like what happened to the Steelers in 2003, when coach Bill Cowher finally admitted he became too enamored with the passing game, the Cincinnati Bengals have slowly drifted away from what they did best in 2009 when they won the AFC North Division title.

Maybe it's because they have trailed in a lot of games this season, including twice being behind, 24-3, at halftime. Or maybe it's just because they signed receiver Terrell Owens to go with Chad Ochocinco in the offseason.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10312/1101628-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz14gKfsTEA

stlrtruck
11-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Considering that teams aren't successful running against us wouldn't the great head-to-head matchup be the Steelers DBs against the bungals WRs? TO and Ocho don't concern me. It's that young kid Shipley that can create the problems. He reminds a bit of Wes Welker - willing to take the underneath, take the hit, get back up, and do it again!

43Hitman
11-08-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't know why everyone is so enamored with Lawrence Timmons, he's clearly a bust. :chuckle:

Merchant
11-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I'll roll with Timmons on this one. If he shut down CJ2K, Ray Rice... Ced Benson is T-Minus 7 hours away from being on the list.

oneforthetoe
11-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Much like what happened to the Steelers in 2003, when coach Bill Cowher finally admitted he became too enamored with the passing game, the Cincinnati Bengals have slowly drifted away from what they did best in 2009 when they won the AFC North Division title.

Maybe it's because they have trailed in a lot of games this season, including twice being behind, 24-3, at halftime. Or maybe it's just because they signed receiver Terrell Owens to go with Chad Ochocinco in the offseason.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10312/1101628-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz14gKfsTEA

Or, maybe it is because they are the bungles, which loosely translated into ancient Greek means - "a group or organization reaching an unparalleled level of suchabiliy." Seriously, look it up.

steelpride12
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Seeing that we have shut down several of the best RB's in the league, I don't see much of a worry from Benson. I think the biggest worry is of course the receivers. We all have our opinions about T.O. and Ocho, but these guys can make plays and burn secondaries and ours will def. be a target. Also this small and fast Shippley could be a huge target on screen plays and under routes.

ALLD
11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Benson has his year last season. One and done just like the Bungles.