PDA

View Full Version : Steelers can take care of reeling Bengals

stillers4me
11-07-2010, 11:35 AM
CINCINNATI -- Things are so bad for the defending AFC North champions that they're not even sure how to describe their dire predicament.

The Bengals (2-5) are one loss away from another lost season.

"If there's any salvageability -- if that's a word -- then this Monday night is where we need to start," receiver Terrell Owens said.

Yes, it is a word. And yes, it is that bad. The team that ran the table in the division last season -- 6-0 for the first time in Bengals history -- will be down for the count if it loses to the Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2), who have a chance to make it a two-team race Monday night at Paul Brown Stadium.............

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=201011070330

HometownGal
11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm not taking this "wounded animal" lightly and I don't believe the Steelers will either. They need to bring it on all sides of the ball from the start and play intense Pittsburgh Steelers style football for 60 minutes. The more The D knocks Cartoon on his ass and make Owens and Stinko Crotcho feel their presence, the more likely they are to bungle it up. :thumbsup:

SMR
11-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm not taking this "wounded animal" lightly and I don't believe the Steelers will either. They need to bring it on all sides of the ball from the start and play intense Pittsburgh Steelers style football for 60 minutes. The more The D knocks Cartoon on his ass and make Owens and Stinko Crotcho feel their presence, the more likely they are to bungle it up. :thumbsup:

Wise words, however eloquent (lol). We need to take this game seriously. No one should ever underestimate a wounded "animal" if you will. ;)

Edman
11-07-2010, 04:44 PM
The Steelers haven't looked overly impressive as a team since the Browns game. They're playing a bad team, after what I've seen last year, the Steelers have problems with bad teams.

SMR
11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
The Steelers haven't looked overly impressive as a team since the Browns game. They're playing a bad team, after what I've seen last year, the Steelers have problems with bad teams.

Ugh, please don't remind us! :sick:

Count Steeler
11-07-2010, 07:06 PM
If we win, it won't be easy. Still upset at the level of unpreparedness at last week's game in New Orleans. If the Bengals are smart, all they have to do is blitz, blitz and the O won't get anything done. Still can't believe that Arians could not adapt and break the aggressiveness of the Saints. If the Bengals get any momentum going, it is going to be a long, frustrating night.

Galax Steeler
11-08-2010, 03:27 AM
We need to play some good ole Steeler football and the rest will take care of itself. We need to protect the football and score inside the redzone and not give them a chance.

stlrtruck
11-08-2010, 08:42 AM
They say a wounded animal fights the hardest. Well I say we take the fight right out of them, put a dagger in their side and then push the spear all the way through their bleeding hearts!

NCSteeler
11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
As I watched the Browns game yesterday, I said to my wife I will be slightly upset with anything less then a beat down the next two weeks. These are BAD damn teams, we should be clobbering them putting them away early and running the hell out of it late.

Ben's stat line tonight should include at least 250yds and 2td against this crap team and next against the Pats Mendy should have a career day.

If these things don't happen we will know that the most talented team around is being under coached, by a has been O coord. My guess is we get cute and do as usual,, oohh they think we'll run let's throw it 40 times, iooohh they think we'll pass let's run into 10 man fronts,, oh no maybe against a blitz happy team with no CBs to speak of, we won't practice blitz pick up,, oh no maybe playing in a dome at night we won't practice silent count

OK OK I'm done already. I just want the STeelers I know are there to be allowed to really trounce the teams they should.

steelpride12
11-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Exactly the point. This is the Bungles season on the line and I don't care what their record is, this game they will bring their A game and give us everything they have. We have to keep the turnovers to 0 and bring it hard on defense, get in Palmers face and create turnovers, and also on offense score score and more score.

HometownGal
11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
and bring it hard on defense, get in Palmers face and create turnovers

For ALL FOUR QUARTERS, not just the first half as we've been seeing from our D.

Personally, I don't care if we win 50-0 or 10-3 as long as we get the W in our column.

ALLD
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
We need to break their will to play at the beginning of the game and keep our cleets on their throats for a full 60 minutes.

SteelerFanInStl
11-08-2010, 02:35 PM
We need to bring it for 60 minutes. We owe them big time for last year. No more playing it safe!!! The offense and defense both need to get more aggressive.

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2010, 02:40 PM
All I can say about this game is you HAVE TO beat the teams you are supposed to beat. Last year, we failed to do that. We SHOULD beat the Bengals. We are clearly the better team at this point in the season. We HAVE TO beat the Bengals to be in contention for the playoffs and for tie breaker reasons. Its a big game, can not take them lightly.

Here is the perfect game to make up for the eggs we laid last year against the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns. This is That Game. The Game we Should Win.

GO OUT AND BREAK THEIR EFFING SKULLS early on and then STOMP ON THEIR THROATS to put them out of their misery.

steel striker
11-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I agree this will not be an easy game for us but, I do think we will win this game. It is time for the offense to light it up.