PDA

View Full Version : Reed hopes to put recent misses behind him

stillers4me
11-06-2010, 06:57 AM
By John Harris (jharris@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 6, 2010

Jeff Reed keeps thinking about missing a total of three field goals against Baltimore and New Orleans in the Steelers' only two losses this season.

"I'm ready to get back on track," said Reed, who has converted 12 of 17 field goal attempts in 2010. "It's like great game, average game; great game, average game. And it's never really been like that."

Reed carried an 83.3 percent field-goal conversion rate (189 of 227) into this season.
Now in his ninth year, Reed, along with Cleveland's Phil Dawson — who's in his 12th season with the Browns — are rare. They're kickers who have played all or the majority of their careers with one team.

"It's weird playing Cincinnati, and Shayne Graham's not their kicker," Reed said of his long-time rival, who missed two field goals in the Bengals' wild card playoff loss to the New York Jets and was released by Baltimore prior to the start of this season. "And when Matt Stover's not in Baltimore, it's different."..............

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_707939.html

ALLD
11-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Translation: "I hope I can get my head together before I have to negotiate a new contract or I am going to be out on my butt and kicking the dog instead of footballs."

Steeltreal
11-06-2010, 11:08 AM
I think Reed will be gone next year along with Woodley as they are disappointing in their contract year. They have half a season to prove me wrong

zulater
11-06-2010, 11:19 AM
I give credit to Reed for not making any excuses for missing in New Orleans. The snap was high and i think it put his timing off kilter, but I'm glad he didn't mention it.

I still think Reed can rebound and prove his value over the remainder of the season.Same with Woodley, though i would like to see Worldis get a few reps this week.

smokin3000gt
11-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Still plenty of time for Woodley to turn heads. I'm more concerned about Harrison having to think twice before making a tackle, then pulling back a little. =\

steeldevil
11-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I hope the same thing Reed.

steelreserve
11-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Whatever. Reed jumped the shark about a season and a half ago when he cost us the Bears game.

People were jumping to give him that "indispensible Mr. Automatic" label because they were still scared of Kris Brown, and Reed has been absolutely breaking his neck to dispel that myth, both on the field and off.

zulater
11-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Whatever. Reed jumped the shark about a season and a half ago when he cost us the Bears game.

People were jumping to give him that "indispensible Mr. Automatic" label because they were still scared of Kris Brown, and Reed has been absolutely breaking his neck to dispel that myth, both on the field and off.

Santokio and his 3 huge drops had as much or more to do with that result as Reed.

Devilsdancefloor
11-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Woodley is doing a good job hi sacks are down, bug he is being asked to do more than just rush. reed sooner or later is going to have to get it right he wants $$$, but i cant see him getting what he wants. i have a feeling that we are going to have to go through some growing pains with a kicker next year

SteelerFanInStl
11-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Reed's not going to get the big contract that he wants from the Steelers, even if he makes every FG for the rest of the year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Translation: "I hope I can get my head together before I have to negotiate a new contract or I am going to be out on my butt and kicking the dog instead of footballs."

Yup...he is thinking he wants to put it all behind him or else become the next Mike Vanderjagt.

Merchant
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
I think Reed will be gone next year along with Woodley as they are disappointing in their contract year. They have half a season to prove me wrong

Woodley ain't going anywhere.

steelpride12
11-06-2010, 03:35 PM
First off Wood is not going anywhere anytime soon. His sacks are down sure, but he is playing well and with this tighter sit back defense the last couple games he has not had the chance to blitz. Reed also not worried about, he is a clutch kicker and will come back to prove something!