PDA

View Full Version : Five Ways to Cure Your Steelers Hangover

stillers4me
11-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Is your soul crushed? Does your heart feel like it was impaled by a fleur-de-lis? We have your medicine.

BY SEAN CONBOY
Welcome to the first real hangover of the 2010 Steelers season. When your alarm clock went off on Monday morning, you sat up in bed and gazed out the window with the glum, dead-eyed 10,000-mile-stare typically fashioned by actors in monochromatic Zoloft commercials.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/November-2010/sad-guy.jpg
If you have Steeler-hating friends, your inbox is going
to look like the warn-torn streets of Mogadishu this week.
Let them have their fun.

But you certainly took the loss a lot harder than Ben Roethlisberger, who was positively giggly after Sunday night's 20-10 slugfest in N’awleans.
Hangover cure #1: Think positive, like Big Ben.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/November-2010/103806117_crop_340x234.jpg

“He’s amazing,” Roethlisberger glowed in the post-game presser (http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81bc7742/Steelers-postgame-press-conference). He wasn’t talking about Saints quarterback Drew Brees or head coach Sean Payton, who out-smarted Mike Tomlin for four whole quarters. Big Ben was talking about the very player who fumbled away the Steelers’ only real chance at tying the game: the usually dependable Heath Miller.

“He’s the best tight end in the game,” Roethlisberger said. “Him fumbling there is about as freaky as Jerome Bettis fumbling in Indianapolis on the goal line.”

Benjamin Roethlisberger: Voice of Reason? Has it really come to this?

Say what you want about Big Ben, but his post-game demeanor was impressive, even inspiring. None of his pre-Milledgeville, mealy-mouthed hallmarks were on display: the aloof shoe-gazing, shaggy hair and baggy hoodie were gone, replaced with a pinstriped blazer and a little something your grandfather calls gumption.

Roethlisberger looked reporters in the eye. He stayed positive and exuded confidence despite suffering his first setback since returning from suspension. He wore a suit, for crying out loud. The guy who was universally tried and convicted of being “guilty of stupidity” just six months ago showed so much constitution I thought I was watching a Christine O’Donnell campaign ad.............

Read more: http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/November-2010/Five-Ways-to-Cure-Your-Steelers-Hangover/

siss
11-05-2010, 06:18 PM
The link doesn't work.

HometownGal
11-05-2010, 06:57 PM
The link doesn't work.

Works for me siss. :noidea:

Holy Mother of God - let's all pray Zulater doesn't see Hangover Cure #4. :horror: :lol:

I'm usually over a Steelers loss in less than an hour so I don't get the hangover. I'm also very fortunate to live in the Burgh so I don't have to be cajoled and heckled by other teams' fans. If I lived outside the Burgh and had to deal with some of those nimrods, I'd be posting this from the pokey computer. :heh:

siss
11-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Yea I finally got it to work.

Devilsdancefloor
11-06-2010, 12:54 AM
i have had the hangover, but this one really didnt bother me for some reason, but the worst hangovers are when we lose to a any of the AFCN foes or to the colts since i live in indiana.

solardave
11-06-2010, 04:10 AM
I had a real bad one after this game. I recorded it because I get up at aroung 2:30 (am) to go to work. When I checked my computer and saw they lost the headache started. I was in a bad mood all day but now I'm fine with the loss. We did get out coached but it was by the previous SB winning coach. They played a couple bad games and bounced back against us. It happens that we also played poorly in a couple of areas. Troy was duped and Heath fumbled in addition to not challenging an obvious TD. The positives are Ike can actually catch. We can stuff the run without Aaron, and we can run the ball next week against Cincy. Plus Troy almost always gets in Palmers head and this will be a great time for him to bounce back.