PDA

View Full Version : Troy and James...something to think about

The WH
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
a dude named Lemonhead on another board posted this, and I find it interesting:

I find it interesting that Troy and James are getting a lot of press time about their feelings, do you think the Rooneys are, letting two of the most feared and respected defensive players on one of the most respected franchise, loose. I'm thinking, the Rooney's are saying, "don't worry guys, we have the fines covered". Interesting battle ground developing.

Are we seeing a power struggle between the Rooney's and Goodell? James and Troy would never say what they've said without a green light....yes? .....no?

Merchant
11-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I highly doubt James waits for a green light from anyone to say how he feels.

HollywoodSteel
11-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't think players generally check in with their owners before expressing their thoughts to the press. If they did we'd have far less entertainment value from the T.O.s, Ochocincos and Mosses of the world.

smokin3000gt
11-05-2010, 03:57 PM
a dude named Lemonhead on another board posted this, and I find it interesting:

I find it interesting that Troy and James are getting a lot of press time about their feelings, do you think the Rooneys are, letting two of the most feared and respected defensive players on one of the most respected franchise, loose. I'm thinking, the Rooney's are saying, "don't worry guys, we have the fines covered". Interesting battle ground developing.

Are we seeing a power struggle between the Rooney's and Goodell? James and Troy would never say what they've said without a green light....yes? .....no?

I think it's more of the media searching them out and asking questions. James of course because he's the big meanie head who plays owie football, and Troy because they want to hear what the nice guy that knocks people's heads off thinks about the whole situation/impact on him/his playing style.

ALLD
11-05-2010, 06:30 PM
If I were Lee Jeans I would sign up Harrison and come out with a tough line of jeans to compete against Wrangler. There's a lot you can do in 30 seconds to promote the jeans and stick it to the commissioner.

HometownGal
11-05-2010, 06:52 PM
I highly doubt James waits for a green light from anyone to say how he feels.

This. ^^ Somehow I don't see SBack mincing words about anything. As for Troy - you know he has to be absolutely livid for him to publicly call out Goodildo as he has.

Chidi29
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
In regards to the fine, it gets taken out of game checks.

Unless the Rooney's decide to rememburst (sp?) Harrison, but may be against the rules and seems unlikely.