PDA

View Full Version : Workout Supplements

ALLD
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
What are your favorite and most effective supplements for gaining lean muscle mass?

ALLD
11-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Doesn't anybody else workout on this forum?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mu2v5JZR0&feature=related

Hindes204
11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice!! Great Thread!!!

My Supp stack right now consists of

Jack3d
Size-On
Myofusion
Orange Triad
Fish oil

This has been the most effective stack Ive ever used, and Ive used a plethora of them

GBMelBlount
11-05-2010, 07:45 PM
What are your favorite and most effective supplements for gaining lean muscle mass?

I would suggest plenty of protein & a clean diet.

If your not taking in many carbs you can look into ZMA.

For pre-workout I have used BSN no-xplode & jack3d and the creatine is great for strength gains and recovery but you'll gain a few pounds of water weight.

I also take BCAA's & glutamine around my workouts for recovery.

There are some great resources on bodybuilding.com and if Steelerstrength doesn't weigh in on this thread you may want to PM him. He was a world champion body builder, a D1 strength coach and lives eats and breathes this stuff....and he is still a beast.

Hindes204
11-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I would suggest plenty of protein & a clean diet.

If your not taking in many carbs you can look into ZMA.

For pre-workout I have used BSN no-xplode & jack3d and the creatine is great for strength gains and recovery but you'll gain a few pounds of water weight.

I also take BCAA's & glutamine around my workouts for recovery.

There are some great resources on bodybuilding.com and if Steelerstrength doesn't weigh in on this thread you may want to PM him. He was a world champion body builder, a D1 strength coach and lives eats and breathes this stuff....and he is still a beast.

I used N.O. explode for a while, it started giving me headaches so I quit. I have had nothing but positive results from Jack3d, I love that stuff

GBMelBlount
11-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I used N.O. explode for a while, it started giving me headaches so I quit. I have had nothing but positive results from Jack3d, I love that stuff

I agree Hindes. It seems like there is a lot of filler in NO xplode. It doesn't mix well and leaves a lot of residue. Jack3d seems cleaner and mixes a lot better.

Hindes204
11-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I agree Hindes. It seems like there is a lot of filler in NO xplode. It doesn't mix well and leaves a lot of residue. Jack3d seems cleaner and mixes a lot better.

Cleaner is a perfect word, thats what I call it when I describe it to people, its a clean focused energy

HometownGal
11-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I eat a TON of protein every day and jump-start my day with a whey protein shake. I also drink one before bed to keep on burning fat while I'm asleep - works great! :thumbsup: Other supps that I use are fish oil, calcium and a mega multi-vite.

Hindes204
11-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I eat a TON of protein every day and jump-start my day with a whey protein shake. I also drink one before bed to keep on burning fat while I'm asleep - works great! :thumbsup: Other supps that I use are fish oil, calcium and a mega multi-vite.

That's awesome, didn't know you were into it. I also awake with a protien shake. My diet is very clean, tons of chicken breasts, brown rice and fish. I eat a big bowl of cottage cheese and natty peanut butter right before I go to sleep

Hindes204
11-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I wish I had some before pictures...I weighed in at about 260 lbs, no muscle all fat. This is what I have accomplished in about 2 years.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/hindes204/Photo49.jpg

This was from a few months ago, Im actually a little bigger with less fat now

ALLD
11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Anybody ever try the Finaflex1-Andro or the Sytropin HGH?

Right now I just take creatine and glutamine.

Hindes204
11-05-2010, 10:16 PM
If I could I would...being in the military there are certain things that I cannot take

Devilsdancefloor
11-06-2010, 01:07 AM
right now i am taking noxplode for my pre and cellmass after, but plan n trying jack3d & 3xl when i am done with this cycle. i also take fish oil & glutimine. As for the weight gain i have had any, but i have watch what i eat alot of fish chicken and lean beef on ocassion. since Since feb i lost 64 lbs and i have been at my 180lbs (my goal) for 3.5 months now. i am hoping by adding cellmass this cycle it will help with the muscle gain, but i can tell a big big difference from when i started lifting i started benching 100lbs taking it slow and i am now benching 240lbs. Plus i can see big difference in my cardio work out as well im down to 7 .5 min miles when i started it was sad sad sad. Ive got a long way to go yet, but i am getting there want to get back to airborne fit HOOOHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

GBMelBlount
11-07-2010, 08:04 AM
right now i am taking noxplode for my pre and cellmass after, but plan n trying jack3d & 3xl when i am done with this cycle.

That is great news about your progress Scott! You da man!!!! :yay3:

I may be wrong but I think BOTH NO xplode and cellmass have creatine....so....if you are taking it long term you may want to look at your total creating consumption & cycling.

I think the common recommended range is about 5 - 10 milligrams per day and I think Steelerstrength leans towards recommending 5 once through the loading phase.

Hindes204
11-07-2010, 11:28 AM
That is great news about your progress Scott! You da man!!!! :yay3:

I may be wrong but I think BOTH NO xplode and cellmass have creatine....so....if you are taking it long term you may want to look at your total creating consumption & cycling.

I think the common recommended range is about 5 - 10 milligrams per day and I think Steelerstrength leans towards recommending 5 once through the loading phase.

Cellmass is a CEE which requires no loading phase :thumbsup: